PDA

View Full Version : Physicists Almost Certain The Universe Is Not A Hologram

EAGLE EYE
07-06-2011, 12:16 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2011/07/05/137634397/physicists-almost-certain-the-universe-is-not-a-hologram

spiggity_ace
07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
thanks for posting.

interesting article but its only a page long i thought it would be more in depth.

EAGLE EYE
07-06-2011, 12:42 AM
There is probably several sites with a more in-depth article. This was just a blog post that one of my iPad news aggregators picked up on.

THE MASON
07-06-2011, 12:47 AM
lol @ being almost certain.

havent they always been almost certian? or was there really a time when they were really not sure lol

Jinxy
07-06-2011, 04:42 AM
If it was a hologram and the whole of existence was an illusion, what evidence can they possibly use to conclude it isn't a hologram? I think there are some questions where we just shouldn't try.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Well if you guys knew anything about Quantum physics or Eastern Spiritualism you would understand that there is a Quantum Field or Brahman that contains all possible outcomes and it ripples like the surface of water and the crests of the waves are what we perceive as reality. Our consciousnesses interact directly with the Quantum Fields, so create parameters that the potential turns to reality through.

Its like the double slit experiment: If you have two slits each particle moves through both until determined to have traveled through one. We aren't observers, we're participators. Objects are waves until determined to be particles. But the hologram idea doesn't hold up, they're real. It's not a hologram, it's just they aren't the only real. In effect we shape our reality, but its real.

Brought to you by Youtube Videos and Wiki articles on the subject... It's probably the gist of it, but still.

Honestly, we use the internet as a source lol.

EAGLE EYE
07-17-2011, 02:43 AM
so this article was published today which completely contradicts the original i posted..

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2011/07/are-we-living-in-a-holographic-universe-this-may-be-the-greatest-revolution-of-the-21st-century.html

spiggity_ace
07-17-2011, 10:57 PM
LOL nice finds robbie, its interesting to read both pov's