PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta teaching scandal

beautifulrock
07-07-2011, 08:53 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/atlanta-cheating-scandal-educators-face-jail-robbing-kids-185003943.html

Unfortunate for the kids, who will probably be blackballed, and it isn't their fault.

netscape check two
07-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Teacher scandals and fat black women. what it do Atlanta

IrOnMaN
07-12-2011, 10:06 AM
This just goes to show you that there are no shortcuts to success. Now, the students who think that they're smart may have to take remedial classes when they enter college this fall. Unfortunately, this has been going on since 2001. In my opinion, as long as some of those students come from good families, their futures are OK. It's sad for the ones who don't have the luxury.

food for thought
07-12-2011, 10:14 AM
It also documented intimidation of teachers by administrators, including one case where a teacher was told to get under a table at a meeting after raising questions.

ahahahahahah

food for thought
07-12-2011, 10:18 AM
arent these schools who get caught cheating trying to raise test scores inorder to get more funding from the government, to better their schools?

isnt No Child Left Behind at fault for this? for funding schools with higher test scores when its the schools with the low scores that need the funding?

Dokuro
07-12-2011, 10:21 AM
can you blame them if the school does bad the get less money to teach the kids in need

so they cheated to get more money to teach there kids

this system is fucked no child left behind is fucked

these teachers did not cheat there kids they gave them a better chance

arent these schools who get caught cheating trying to raise test scores inorder to get more funding from the government, to better their schools?

isnt No Child Left Behind at fault for this? for funding schools with higher test scores when its the schools with the low scores that need the funding?
what he said sorry about that buy the time i finished reading you posted

IrOnMaN
07-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I understand why they did it but they committed a crime, though. It wasn't like they could just ask for more funding, even though the needed the money more than the schools in the suburbs. The kids live in bad neighborhoods and live in broken homes. No motivation, no support, and no love what's so every. Of course some schools are going to be bad, especially when it comes to tests. The states fund schools that are in good standing but don't want to invest in the schools that NEED THE FUNDING!

They just don't understand.

beautifulrock
07-12-2011, 06:54 PM
They weren't doing this for more funding, they were doing it for teacher bonuses. This is purely greed, plain and simple.

INF
07-12-2011, 07:04 PM
like finding a boss parking spot out of nowhere

FREE POST

ObtQmzGWZws

Unprepared official call it concrete, flip
Neutral with a fistful of coins , sunken ship
Deadly with the curse,chapped lips,the hidden gift
Every dog has it's day
Regarding scent , I'm arrogant
Silent sleep until I snooze
Align the clock to the floor
Getting up I catch the call
Evicting thoughts from door to door

Dialing up different dimensions
Instant purpose dwarfs intentions
Slipping shame where need be mentioned
Pilot polite, the beast is wrenchin
Laying calm
Above is within
Yonder skies is where it's written
See the eye , years later ,of a dead ran over kitten

IrOnMaN
07-12-2011, 07:12 PM
They weren't doing this for more funding, they were doing it for teacher bonuses. This is purely greed, plain and simple.

Three county prosecutors are now perusing an 800-page report released Tuesday by Gov. Nathan Deal's office which describes how educators altered government documents and lied to investigators – crimes punishable by as many as 10 years in prison – in order to get bonuses, raise the district's profile, and pad the résumés of top administrators.

Ok. Maybe the person who wrote this article is....stretching the truth a bit.