PDA

View Full Version : If the devil punishes bad people, doesn't that mean the devil is a good person?

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Can we please have a thread dedicated to religious paradoxes? I need to be prepared next time Jehova's Witness knock on my door.

Here are more:

1.) Could God create a stone so heavy that even he could not lift it? Any way you answer the question, you will realize that God is not all-powerful.

2.) If God truly is all-good and all-powerful, then why does evil exist? Since evil exists, an all-powerful and all-good God cannot exist.

3.) Supposedly, God gave humans free will. Humans can choose whether or not to believe in God. But if humans choose not to believe in God they go to hell. So if you think about it, human's don't have free will. Humans have no other choice but to believe in God or else they will burn in eternal hellfire.

check two
07-08-2011, 02:57 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2252/2335575907_a74fd6bc11_z.jpg

RzaRectum
07-08-2011, 03:53 AM
God said thou shalt not kill. So why did he destroy every living thing on the earth with a flood? And why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? And why did he give Samson strength to kill an entire army like rambo with the jawbone of an ass? Why did he also sanction Samson killing the Pharisees at the temple of Gaza? Speaking of Killing, didn't Saul kill thousands? Didn't David kill Goliath? Why is killing ok.. yet not?

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-08-2011, 03:55 AM
God said thou shalt not kill. So why did he destroy every living thing on the earth with a flood? And why did he destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? And why did he give Samson strength to kill an entire army like rambo with the jawbone of an ass? Why did he also sanction Samson killing the Pharisees at the temple of Gaza? Speaking of Killing, didn't Saul kill thousands? Didn't David kill Goliath? Why is killing ok.. yet not?

saul murdered christians specifically from what i remember lmfaoo

SKAMPOE
07-08-2011, 04:05 AM
its 2011, religion is soooo fuckin 80's style

http://pics.spaceghetto.st/images/1217364987315.jpg

J-Cee
07-08-2011, 04:08 AM
lol yeh,fuck religion,is a load of shit to me,if theres something out there that created shit,its something we cant possibly comprehend with our limited brain capacity etc.aliens might have something to do with creating us..who knows..probably wont even find out when we die.

EAGLE EYE
07-08-2011, 04:11 AM
free will

http://therailrat.com/photo/1280/7037920804/1/tumblr_lnb762SCdr1qckub5

check two
07-08-2011, 04:13 AM
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208121_178222822228314_100001217932023_501349_2118 70_n.jpg

RzaRectum
07-08-2011, 04:14 AM
saul murdered christians specifically from what i remember lmfaoo

I was referring to King Saul, not the Saul who later became the apostle Paul.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-08-2011, 04:23 AM
I was referring to King Saul, not the Saul who later became the apostle Paul.

o yea but still rewarding a nigga who hunted down and killed ur ppl.. add that to the list paul is in heaven mad awkward next to his victims lol.. oh wait if there was a heaven.. but shit who the fuck knows if there is or not... nah mean i think most of the bible is bs but theres some good morals in it i guess

RzaRectum
07-08-2011, 04:35 AM
o yea but still rewarding a nigga who hunted down and killed ur ppl.. add that to the list paul is in heaven mad awkward next to his victims lol.. oh wait if there was a heaven.. but shit who the fuck knows if there is or not... nah mean i think most of the bible is bs but theres some good morals in it i guess

Saul of Tarsus wasn't a Christian when he did that. He later converted and followed another path. The story showed that God forgave him and that he still uses people for his plan regardless of what they have previously done.

What my questions revolve around are people who killed while serving God.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-08-2011, 04:37 AM
well im going to convert on my deathbed then

Mr. R&B
07-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Could God Microwave a burrito so hot, that even HE could not eat it???

ShaDynasty
07-08-2011, 05:29 AM
1.) Could God create a stone so heavy that even he could not lift it? Any way you answer the question, you will realize that God is not all-powerful.

He could, but why would he want to, he'd be fucking himself over.

2.) If God truly is all-good and all-powerful, then why does evil exist? Since evil exists, an all-powerful and all-good God cannot exist.

God puts the evil there so that people can witness the evil and learn not to do it by reminding them of the line you don't cross.

3.) Supposedly, God gave humans free will. Humans can choose whether or not to believe in God. But if humans choose not to believe in God they go to hell. So if you think about it, human's don't have free will. Humans have no other choice but to believe in God or else they will burn in eternal hellfire.

Bullshit. If I say if you're going to grow a titty in the middle of your chest if you don't buy a Lil Romeo album, does that make it true? Of course you may already have one, in which case that shits spooky. Maybe he is up there after all.

What did Carlin say "5,000 years ago some religious and political hustlers got together and came up with this shit to control people", which sounds about right.

Socrates92
07-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Heaven and hell exist within, heaven is what you make it and hell is what you going through.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Lets not make this thread turn into a religious orgy, everyone here already knows (or should know) religion is an out-dated waste of time. And you cats posting arguments about Paul and King Saul, blah blah blah.. Might as well argue over who's better: Cap N' Crunch vs. Count Chocula.

Mic Tyson
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
can God rap better than God pt 3?

RUSHING PLATYPUS
07-08-2011, 03:20 PM
The devil doesn't exist. Neither does God. Sorry if I offend anyone with the truth.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-08-2011, 03:27 PM
^ I agree Baraka, but try telling that to the billions of people on earth who disagree with you.

beautifulrock
07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
The devil makes good cake.

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-08-2011, 03:43 PM
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kyirm4mIHd1qa3i8uo1_500.jpg

JASPER
07-08-2011, 03:49 PM
I always assumed the devil would look like this...

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/9595000f.jpg

Fuck a Disney.

Socrates92
07-08-2011, 04:08 PM
hahahahha^

Uncle Steezo
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
organized religion AND atheism are outdated and attract the most gullible and weak-minded people on the planet.

smh @ not recognizing a higher power.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
07-08-2011, 05:11 PM
organized religion AND atheism are outdated and attract the most gullible and weak-minded people on the planet.

smh @ not recognizing a higher power.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I just can't believe that crap. I have trouble believing the tooth fairy, and santa clause exist too.

Jinxy
07-08-2011, 05:12 PM
Can we please have a thread dedicated to religious paradoxes? I need to be prepared next time Jehova's Witness knock on my door.

Here are more:

1. The devil caused the angels fall and their offspring slaughtered men, raped women and brought about the flood of Noah. He doesn't punish evil people, he just hates them and tortures them because they're human. The misconception some people carry is that the devil = satan and the title "satan" actually means adversary or prosecutor of men. Satans are not inherently evil and in fact, they actually play an essential role in the kingdom of God.
2. The Augustinian paradox of the stone was refuted by St. Augustine himself.
If God exists in everything and through out every generation as the name "yhwh" seems to imply, then he is not subject to the constraints of natural law and in particular time. This kind of God can and does exists simultaneously through multiple forms, some of which can carry said rock some of which cannot. He can be a burning bush, he can be a man, he can be nothing more than a voice.
3. Men as far as we can tell have a choice, the ability to choose is free will. The question is whether your choices are pre-determined and not really choices at all. Nobody knows that. That's why we call it faith rather than certainty.

Edgar Erebus
07-08-2011, 07:00 PM
o yea but still rewarding a nigga who hunted down and killed ur ppl.. add that to the list paul is in heaven mad awkward next to his victims lol..

Guess he has a lot of explaining to do.

"Ah yeah Steve, listen, about that time when I got you stoned to death... You need to understand, I'm a different person now..."

Chi-Town Collizion
07-08-2011, 08:32 PM

Chi-Town Collizion
07-08-2011, 09:08 PM

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-08-2011, 09:16 PM
i think theirs higher POWERS (plural) but most of the organized religion like gavin said is bullshit but to not believe that there is something up their at all or any other beings besides humans period is just stupid and close minded.

BASCO
07-08-2011, 10:06 PM
powerful thread

RzaRectum
07-08-2011, 11:51 PM
Lets not make this thread turn into a religious orgy, everyone here already knows (or should know) religion is an out-dated waste of time. And you cats posting arguments about Paul and King Saul, blah blah blah.. Might as well argue over who's better: Cap N' Crunch vs. Count Chocula.
I don't know why your t-back is suddenly riding up your ass. I had to correct the confusion between the two characters for your sake. You would look like an ass wipe if you said the US President worked at the White House in Washington State instead of saying Washington D.C. How is this so different?

And way to stay on topic.. :lmao:

But since we're off on a tangent, can you elaborate on this logic?
The misconception some people carry is that the devil = satan

The New Testament contains the name Satan more than thirty times in passages with Diabolos, Greek word for "the devil" - essentially referring to the same person or thing as Satan. How is it a misconception?

Jinxy
07-09-2011, 01:34 AM
But since we're off on a tangent, [COLOR=White]can you elaborate on this logic?

The New Testament contains the name Satan more than thirty times in passages with Diabolos, Greek word for "the devil" - essentially referring to the same person or thing as Satan. How is it a misconception?

It's a misconception because examples in the post flood stories of the bible, we see HaSatan in The Old Testament sitting along side God. In particular, Satan asks God for permission to test Job. Given that the fallen angels were cast out of heaven and sent to Tartarus the living furnace better known as hell before the flood that punished humanity, how the fuck anyone could think that lucifer can be cast out of heaven and yet still sitting in heaven is beyond me. Maybe they're just retarded?

As for the common misconceptions regarding the devil and Satan by New Testament authors and greek translators, this explains it pretty well.
http://www.cresourcei.org/lucifer.html

Lucifer was an angel who fell, Lucifer was also a word for Venus but Lucifer is not the lone satan. Lucifer cannot be the only Satan because there is no such thing.
It's a title. A title which I might add appears in Judaism which has no devil.

whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation7.html

Uncle Steezo
07-09-2011, 08:25 PM
EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THE UNIVERSE only adds up to a measly 4%.
science can only account for 4%... thinmk about that for a while then come back and tell me some more dumb shit about fairies and santa. see how stupid you sound? like you have it all figured out, all smug in your ignorance....lol

atheists are retarded.

JASPER
07-09-2011, 08:27 PM

How do we know that? I mean how do we know that it's exactly 4%?

ShaDynasty
07-09-2011, 09:16 PM
atheists are retarded.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/paimei_2006/winter_light_ending.png

Why should I pay this shit any mind?

You'll never get an answer anyway

Just enjoy your life, the beautiful things in life

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/codom24/black.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
07-09-2011, 09:19 PM
the details of the flood in terms of people and certain aspects of the story may be embellished....

.....but it probably did stem from some sort of natural disaster that devastated a certain group of people.

but for life itself to begin and evolve......the way it has over time, times we really cant even comprehend because we are in a certain stage of evolution.....who know what the next dominant species is going to be?

something started all of this...something we do not comprehend. So to rule out a higher power is ridiculous under the guise of "science" because science is only man made observations, so it is limited to what we know.

Uncle Steezo
07-09-2011, 09:52 PM
^repped .

ShaDynasty
07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
something started all of this...something we do not comprehend. So to rule out a higher power is ridiculous under the guise of "science" because science is only man made observations, so it is limited to what we know.

But this has nothing to do with man inventing religion. Atheists don't think they know everything. They just think that theres no good reason to believe in books written thousands of years ago by a person you have no fucking clue about. They could have been retards or people with mental conditions for christs sake.

For the billions that find religion helpful, good for them but for me its never affected my life, so why should I pay it any mind. In your lifetime you won't find out the truth. In the human races lifetime we won't find out the truth.

Enjoy life.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh129/jimstevenson2/Worcester%20Arts%20Centre/DSCF3914.jpg

MAYOR QUIMBY
07-09-2011, 11:22 PM
but this has nothing to do with man inventing religion. Atheists don't think they know everything. They just think that theres no good reason to believe in books written thousands of years ago by a person you have no fucking clue about. They could have been retards or people with mental conditions for christs sake.

For the billions that find religion helpful, good for them but for me its never affected my life, so why should i pay it any mind. In your lifetime you won't find out the truth. In the human races lifetime we won't find out the truth.

Enjoy life.

winner.

Jinxy
07-10-2011, 03:09 AM
the details of the flood in terms of people and certain aspects of the story may be embellished....

.....but it probably did stem from some sort of natural disaster that devastated a certain group of people.

but for life itself to begin and evolve......the way it has over time, times we really cant even comprehend because we are in a certain stage of evolution.....who know what the next dominant species is going to be?

Unfortunately, the limits of evolution and the fracturing off of the tree of life itself are becoming more apparent.
It's a lovely thing to tell ourselves life emerged through nucleic synthesis and abiogenesis but as pointed out by mathematician Fred Hoyle, that's like saying a tornado going through a junk yard can put together a 747. No tangible evidence to support it, no success with it in the lab environment either. 19th century naturalism reached it's zenith in the 19th century. Life's origins are as much a mystery today and in fact maybe more so than ever.
Even more curious than the origin of life is the origin of the various species on earth. The only expamples of evolution ever witnessed have either involved the genomic degradation(loss of information) or from environmental factors such as plant enzymes and bacteria that alter DNA in populations exposed to new food sources.

When it comes to actually adding anything of significance and the gradual evolution of species piece by piece as we understood it up until the 20th century, that view is largely dead in science. Life on earth has changed in rapid, seemingly unrelated events that are mostly unexplained.
In that regard deities, aliens and ultra-terrestrials such as 4 dimensionals are as much reasonable answers now as ever.

As for "natural", what a bull shit word that is. Our knowledge of nature is still in it's infancy and yet the knowledge is what the basis of nature is predicated on? What rubbish.

Olive Oil Goombah
07-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Unfortunately, the limits of evolution and the fracturing off of the tree of life itself are becoming more apparent.
It's a lovely thing to tell ourselves life emerged through nucleic synthesis and abiogenesis but as pointed out by mathematician Fred Hoyle, that's like saying a tornado going through a junk yard can put together a 747. No tangible evidence to support it, no success with it in the lab environment either. 19th century naturalism reached it's zenith in the 19th century. Life's origins are as much a mystery today and in fact maybe more so than ever.
Even more curious than the origin of life is the origin of the various species on earth. The only expamples of evolution ever witnessed have either involved the genomic degradation(loss of information) or from environmental factors such as plant enzymes and bacteria that alter DNA in populations exposed to new food sources.

When it comes to actually adding anything of significance and the gradual evolution of species piece by piece as we understood it up until the 20th century, that view is largely dead in science. Life on earth has changed in rapid, seemingly unrelated events that are mostly unexplained.
In that regard deities, aliens and ultra-terrestrials such as 4 dimensionals are as much reasonable answers now as ever.

As for "natural", what a bull shit word that is. Our knowledge of nature is still in it's infancy and yet the knowledge is what the basis of nature is predicated on? What rubbish.

you make good points but i think the term "alien" has been so warped in our minds because of pop culture that we forget that almost everything that came to Earth was "alien" in origin.

But suppose that evolutioin itself is evolving? To change more rapidly. Unfortunately for us, we living in our fixed time and space. We know nothing of much larger and much smaller phenomena up until which we can observe.

You cannot rule anything out based on what your tangible world presents to you. Its like applying the same type of tax system in Ethiopia as they do in Sweden. Its a different world with different "laws of human nature"...a different stage of civilization.

Do i believe in the hocus pocus of magic? I dont know.

All I know is, if i had a time machine and traveled back to early pre civilized humans they would think I was a God.

If we took a space ship to other planets, with other species, behind us in terms of intelligence, they would think us Gods.

So you cannot rule that out.

And when reading ancient texts, you have to read it through the lens of the contemporary people's that wrote it.

Symbolism they used may seems childish to us because of our knowledge of the way things work, but to them it was the only explanation.....they compared it to things they saw in teh nature around them.

THE MASON
07-10-2011, 09:37 AM
All I know is, if i had a time machine and traveled back to early pre civilized humans they would think I was a God.

If we took a space ship to other planets, with other species, behind us in terms of intelligence, they would think us Gods.

or they may smash you skull in without question and think you an invader. especially in the space ship theory, as you may visit a "race of aliens" that is highly primitive and driven by animalistic functions still (hunt, kill, eat, sleep, mate type shit)

its all just a bunch of what ifs, but to disregard any of the what ifs as being true would be asinine.

if there is a way to connect with a higher power then i dont think i could in my life time, but i can try to be a mechanizm of evolution and hope others after me can become in tune

TheBoarzHeadBoy
07-10-2011, 12:56 PM
or they may smash you skull in without question and think you an invader. especially in the space ship theory, as you may visit a "race of aliens" that is highly primitive and driven by animalistic functions still (hunt, kill, eat, sleep, mate type shit)

As opposed to humans?

its all just a bunch of what ifs, but to disregard any of the what ifs as being true would be asinine.

if there is a way to connect with a higher power then i dont think i could in my life time, but i can try to be a mechanizm of evolution and hope others after me can become in tune

There's no need for a "God."

There is some limited evidence that our consciousness does not proceed from the brain, but directly interacts with the quantum field in which case we are immortal. In this case the nervous system is the connection between the nous and the physical body where mental energy interacts with physical matter.

In this case there may be intelligent entities which are purely immaterial. However it would be foolish to worship such beings as we are also immaterial beings. It is one thing to serve, it is another to worship. But regardless we ought to look to our own well being and not rely on the spirits of the animals, the dead, and the unborn (or even rocks for all I know) to help us.

Animism makes a hell of a lot more sense than Christianity does.

IrOnMaN
07-10-2011, 01:53 PM
science can only account for 4%... thinmk about that for a while then come back and tell me some more dumb shit about fairies and santa. see how stupid you sound? like you have it all figured out, all smug in your ignorance....lol

atheists are retarded.

I don't believe that atheists aren't retarded, they don't understand that everything can be explained. Atheists want tangible evidence that God exists, but we all know that data is impossible to obtain. God will not present himself to every living person on this planet to prove his existence and then explain to people who he is, where he came from, and his purpose. If God were to do that, I believe that we as a people wouldn't be ourselves anymore, which is why God gave us free will to make our own choices. That's something that atheists are having trouble understanding.

Got'em!:Y

But this has nothing to do with man inventing religion. Atheists don't think they know everything. They just think that theres no good reason to believe in books written thousands of years ago by a person you have no fucking clue about. They could have been retards or people with mental conditions for christs sake.

Are you serious? Computer, cameras, flash drive, satellites, probes, and DNA testing didn't exist during those times, Sosa. Books are all the evidence that we have that God and Jesus existed.

Now that humans are in a technological time, some believe that they can just rule out that God exist and believe that we evolved from prehistoric primates. Do you think that makes sense?

Frank Sobotka
07-10-2011, 02:23 PM
People overrate the fuck out of life so that's why people think a higher power has to be behind it.

IrOnMaN
07-10-2011, 03:05 PM
I just want to say something. I have reason to believe that people turn atheist because they're angry at the fact that the planet we live on is BEYOND screwed up or people's lives are screwed up in general! Yes, we live on a cruel planet and that's because we are human living among animals! Natural disasters occurs because we live on a planet that has water, plate tectonics, an atmosphere, seasons, etc. None of us are perfect in anyway, shape, or form and that's why we all have problems both mentally and physically. Nothing on this planet is perfect!

Listen, the only life form that ever lived on earth was Jesus Christ. If everyone was a Jesus, earth would be heaven. Yes, we're at a time where we're advanced in terms of technology, math, writing, entertainment, and science but that doesn't change who we are as people. As long as we're still on earth, there will ALWAYS be evil, death, violence, drama, pain, loss, failure, natural disasters, sex, and the raw power of money. Life is a gamble, period! If you don't believe me, watch the news. If you don't believe that life is a gamble and cruel, visit places like Sudan, South Africa, Vancouver, New York, LA, Singapore, Iraq, Detroit, parts of South America and parts of Asia. When you're finished exploring those places, makes comparisons and see what you're results are. Yes, things are BAD and it's stated in the Bible that it will always be like this until the end. There isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

You guys want proof that God exists. All right. I have a question for you. If you had a loved one who died, can you prove that you loved him/her? You cannot present a photo, you cannot share a story, nor can you have other people vouch for you. Can you actually provide documentation that you loved him/her? No, you can't. What I'm trying to say here is that you should take into consideration that God does exist based on what the past has presented to us. The Bible is a document that was written by numerous of people who God appointed. All we can do is take their word for it, just like if you were to tell me that you loved someone who recently died. I'd take your word for it, even though you can't physically prove it.

We're human. Math is manmade and it has its limitations. The God and the universe isn't man made. We can't just rely on math and science to prove what created the universe. We shouldn't allow math and science to prove that God doesn't exist because of some bullshit mathematical formulas. So, don't be so quick to rule the existence of God out because there's no proof.

Think about it.

JASPER
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
I just want to say something. I have reason to believe that people turn atheist because they're angry at the fact that the planet we live on is BEYOND screwed up or people's lives are screwed up in general! Yes, we live on a cruel planet and that's because we are human living among animals! Natural disasters occurs because we live on a planet that has water, plate tectonics, an atmosphere, seasons, etc. None of us are perfect in anyway, shape, or form and that's why we all have problems both mentally and physically. Nothing on this planet is perfect!

Listen, the only life form that ever lived on earth was Jesus Christ. If everyone was a Jesus, earth would be heaven. Yes, we're at a time where we're advanced in terms of technology, math, writing, entertainment, and science but that doesn't change who we are as people. As long as we're still on earth, there will ALWAYS be evil, death, violence, drama, pain, loss, failure, natural disasters, sex, and the raw power of money. Life is a gamble, period! If you don't believe me, watch the news. If you don't believe that life is a gamble and cruel, visit places like Sudan, South Africa, Vancouver, New York, LA, Singapore, Iraq, Detroit, parts of South America and parts of Asia. Make a comparison and see what you're results are. Yes, things are BAD and it's stated in the Bible that it will always be like this until the end. There isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

You guys want proof that God exists. All right. I have a question for you. If you had a loved who died, can you prove that you loved him/her? You cannot present a photo, you cannot share a story, nor can you have other people vouch for you. Can you actually provide documentation that you loved him/her? No, you can't. What I'm trying to say here is that you should take into consideration that God does exist based on what the past has presented to us. The Bible is a document that was written by numerous of people who God appointed. All we can do is take their word for it, just like if you were to tell me that you loved someone who recently died. I'd take your word for it, even though you can't physically prove it.

We're human. Math is man made. It has it limitations. The God and the universe isn't man made. We can't just rely on math and science to prove what created the universe. We shouldn't allow math and science to prove that God doesn't exist because of some bullshit mathematical formulas. So, don't be so quick to rule the existence of God out because there's no proof.

Think about it.http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/758709fa.jpg

Mumm Ra
07-10-2011, 03:40 PM
i just think its funny that atheists depend on the bible to give them their idea of what 'god' is suppose to be in order to be against 'it' and it makes them look just as narrow visioned as the religious types

btw math is god made, we are just able to perceive it

Olive Oil Goombah
07-10-2011, 03:55 PM

If they are that primitive, than my machine guns would be able to hand all of them and put them into such a fear they would submit.

Look at what a few Spaniards did to the Incas and Aztecs.

Which is why i'd be looked at as a God. Their primitive minds couldnt comprehend an AK-47....they would think it magic.

Religion was born out of superstitions, an explanation for the unexplainable.

JASPER
07-10-2011, 04:22 PM
i just think its funny that atheists depend on the bible to give them their idea of what 'god' is suppose to be in order to be against 'it' and it makes them look just as narrow visioned as the religious types

btw math is god made, we are just able to perceive it
Atheists aren't against a God. They simply don't believe in one.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/957962b1.jpg

Religious folks are like ICP. How do magnets work? Miracles!

Mumm Ra
07-10-2011, 05:18 PM
what is 'one' though? every atheist argument ive ever heard just argues against the bible god as if that is what god is, and they dont believe in that god, thus they dont believe in god - and i think that's just the other side to the same coin

take this definition of god:
one of several deities presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.

you could apply it to personality types. they are well defined and very real yet we are not responsible for manifesting them ourselves. alpha people are going to be prone to similar actions/ lifestyles ect, you could say there is a metaphysical something presiding over the lives of alpha people

not to mention every definition of god is defined by its own vague synonym so to just say you don't believe in whatever god could be is locking yourself in a box imo

IrOnMaN
07-10-2011, 05:56 PM
^Hmm. I never thought about it like that.

JASPER
07-10-2011, 06:06 PM
what is 'one' though? every atheist argument ive ever heard just argues against the bible god as if that is what god is, and they dont believe in that god, thus they dont believe in god - and i think that's just the other side to the same coin

take this definition of god:

you could apply it to personality types. they are well defined and very real yet we are not responsible for manifesting them ourselves. alpha people are going to be prone to similar actions/ lifestyles ect, you could say there is a metaphysical something presiding over the lives of alpha people

not to mention every definition of god is defined by its own vague synonym so to just say you don't believe in whatever god could be is locking yourself in a box imo

one of several deities presiding over some portion of worldly affairs.
Do you believe in supernatural beings? Elves? Ghosts? Witches?

I don't. Does that make me closed minded?

Olive Oil Goombah
07-10-2011, 06:26 PM
it doesnt...i dont believe in those things either.

People, like Mumm Ra said, certain personality types love to label others and say, "i told you so, i kno and you dont"....

just turn on any 24 hour news network.

Mumm Ra
07-10-2011, 06:32 PM
ahahhaa i rest my case, ive already repeated myself twice i guess i gotta go a third time.
look up the word deity, here's some synonyms:
infinite truth, infinite mercy; omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence; unity, immutability, holiness ^ just a FEW

its just like the word god, it doesn't really have an objective definition

yet an atheist mind literally cannot escape viewing god the same way as a religious person (some PHYSICAL being with a MASS (or something??))

and no, i do not. and no, it does not.

JASPER
07-10-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't know where you get your definitions from, but when I look up deity, most of them tell me "any supernatural being worshiped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force "

We can use a long list of definitions for every fucking thing. When we talk about God, we know what is meant. Why do you try to over complicate things? Maybe you should look up all the definitions of Atheism...

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/472846f2.jpg

And while you're at it, look up the definition of definition...

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/24f02847.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
07-10-2011, 07:31 PM
mumm ra likes to spin in circles.

we get it mumm.....your definition of God doesn't include teh judeo-christian, muslim human version.

But yet, you cannot rule that aspect of the word god out of its definition.

Jasper doesnt believe in the God of human beings.

But than, is not the God of humans the all powerful being or truth you are referring too?

Did Jesus not say I am the Way, The Truth and The Light?

So really, what exactly are you getting at?

ShaDynasty
07-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Are you serious? Computer, cameras, flash drive, satellites, probes, and DNA testing didn't exist during those times, Sosa. Books are all the evidence that we have that God and Jesus existed.

Now that humans are in a technological time, some believe that they can just rule out that God exist and believe that we evolved from prehistoric primates. Do you think that makes sense?

Not what I said. I'm just saying I could come up with a religion and it would be as legitimate as the Bible or Qur'an. We don't know anything about who wrote those books. Those books are "evidence"?! They passed down joke books 5,000 years back too.

If I write something anonymously does that make it true? Not anonymously?

I am God. No actually my friend Dave is God. Is that true because I wrote it down?

I won't rule it out. Theres a 0.1% chance that one of the several different conflicting ideologies is basically the truth. And i'm not being sarcastic, there is a chance. Its just a chance though. If you believe in God fine, but I just think I'd need more evidence to give a fuck.

IrOnMaN
07-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Not what I said. I'm just saying I could come up with a religion and it would be as legitimate as the Bible or Qur'an. We don't know anything about who wrote those books. Those books are "evidence"?! They passed down joke books 5,000 years back too.

If I write something anonymously does that make it true? Not anonymously?

I am God. No actually my friend Dave is God. Is that true because I wrote it down?

I won't rule it out. Theres a 0.1% chance that one of the several different conflicting ideologies is basically the truth. And i'm not being sarcastic, there is a chance. Its just a chance though. If you believe in God fine, but I just think I'd need more evidence to give a fuck.

Ok, Sosa. What evidence do you need to believe that God exists?

Mumm Ra
07-10-2011, 08:09 PM
When we talk about God, we know what is meant.
i know what is assumed, though i dont know why it has to be assumed
Why do you try to over complicate things?
im trying to tear down walls of what is commonly accepted, im not giving answers but im just trying to get people to think differently
But yet, you cannot rule that aspect of the word god out of its definition.
sure i can
im trying to at least
god didn't start with the bible, and it sure doesn't have to end with it

IrOnMaN
07-10-2011, 08:14 PM
I think it's safe to say that God and the creation of the universe is way too complex for any person to comprehend. One cannot explain the unexplainable.

ShaDynasty
07-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Ok, Sosa. What evidence do you need to believe that God exists?

I don't know. Dane Cook, Kevin James and Sinbad die in a plane crash.

IrOnMaN
07-10-2011, 08:25 PM
^See, this is why I was talking about. Just say that you want to see God in person to believe that he's real. I know you have a lot of questions. I know I do.

ShaDynasty
07-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah fine so he shows up at my house with their corpses and his driving licence.

How do I know this guy is really God though? Maybe he just looks a lot like him?

If he appears in the sky and everyone can see him flying about and doing good deeds that would be proof. But then it could just be David Blaine with a new look.

Jinxy
07-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Do you believe in supernatural beings? Elves? Ghosts? Witches?

I don't. Does that make me closed minded?

There is no such thing as "supernatural". You go back far enough into human history before man first theorized gravity and an invisible force holding the planets together would be considered supernatural. It's a made up word, if our understanding of nature is still expanding, then you cannot call something supernatural because you have no clue whether or not that something has simply yet to be understood. If those beings exist and everything else you've seen in existence has an understandable set of parameters and traits that define them, then why would you not think they would also?

Most atheists are usually people who have a Dr. Suess If I Ran the Zoo complex where life either gives them a thorough rim job exactly how they like it, or it just hurts their precious feelings too much to consider a purpose or thought behind it.
If I ask the average one about the fact that new useful protein binding sites typically occur in only 1 generation per every 10^20 of even the most simplistic organisms and yet that population size is larger than the number of primates leading up to modern humans and point out that the human genome being much much much larger would require thousands of these sites, they have no clue why this is a problem.
And yet everybody thinks they have an opinion on evolution and speciation in particular. It's stupid.

If you can't understand why the fact that it takes one hundred billion billion single celled organisms just to make a simple change like say the development of chloroquine resistance in Malaria, you really aren't in a position to tell me about evolution, EVER.

And yet every week, a bunch of retarded liberal arts majors who have no understanding of science will ride around in their piece of shit prius's with the Darwin fish sticker on the back of their car and chide the townies who live next to the local college campus about God.
They also have about as good an understanding of God as the author of this thread and it just goes to show people want to be popular, even if popularity means being ignorant.

My qualm with atheists is as follows, if you don't know something, do the world a favor shut the fuck up.
You feel too much. You are basically a repeat of a generation of people born after World War II. This group of people was a self entitled bunch of bratty, smug, largely oblivious, pompous jackasses, who for 20 years contended "sex drugs and rock n roll" and then turned to "abstinence and just say no".
I don't mind them now though, because soon enough they'll be in huggies, then in caskets and out of my sight for good. I would think though, that people who seem to like challenging things could at least question why that generation ended up being so mediocore and caving into their parents way of thinking after rebelling.

That's the thing, atheists will question when something stands in the way of their good time but when it comes to truth or bothering to entertain conclusions that might be painful, they'd rather live in fantasy land. Their delusional nut jobs who's entire existence is encompassed by self gratification. Sorry ass people who have no ambition, no stomach for pain and an individualist attitude which is just pathetic. I wouldn't pay them any mind but when they try to tell me that I don't know the nature of reality and they're so childishly unaware of wtf they're talking about, I feel a need to hand them their head.

Something is either correct or incorrect, if you cannot demonstrate something as a fact then don't claim it as fact. If you have no education in a particular science or discipline don't pretend to have an opinion, you don't. To have an opinion you first have to have a working understanding of that discipline, otherwise what you have is not in fact an opinion but rather a case of the verbal runs. There is no humanity in science, only the systematic detailing and application of data. It's objective inquiry. You don't get to have half truths or ideas with loose fitting pseudo-naturalistic contexts surrounding them.

Don't like that? Then don't discuss such things.

JASPER
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
There is no such thing as "supernatural". You go back far enough into human history before man first theorized gravity and an invisible force holding the planets together would be considered supernatural. It's a made up word, if our understanding of nature is still expanding, then you cannot call something supernatural because you have no clue whether or not that something has simply yet to be understood. If those beings exist and everything else you've seen in existence has an understandable set of parameters and traits that define them, then why would you not think they would also?

Most atheists are usually people who have a Dr. Suess If I Ran the Zoo complex where life either gives them a thorough rim job exactly how they like it, or it just hurts their precious feelings too much to consider a purpose or thought behind it.
If I ask the average one about the fact that new useful protein binding sites typically occur in only 1 generation per every 10^20 of even the most simplistic organisms and yet that population size is larger than the number of primates leading up to modern humans and point out that the human genome being much much much larger would require thousands of these sites, they have no clue why this is a problem.
And yet everybody thinks they have an opinion on evolution and speciation in particular. It's stupid.

If you can't understand why the fact that it takes one hundred billion billion single celled organisms just to make a simple change like say the development of chloroquine resistance in Malaria, you really aren't in a position to tell me about evolution, EVER.

And yet every week, a bunch of retarded liberal arts majors who have no understanding of science will ride around in their piece of shit prius's with the Darwin fish sticker on the back of their car and chide the townies who live next to the local college campus about God.
They also have about as good an understanding of God as the author of this thread and it just goes to show people want to be popular, even if popularity means being ignorant.

My qualm with atheists is as follows, if you don't know something, do the world a favor shut the fuck up.
You feel too much. You are basically a repeat of a generation of people born after World War II. This group of people was a self entitled bunch of bratty, smug, largely oblivious, pompous jackasses, who for 20 years contended "sex drugs and rock n roll" and then turned to "abstinence and just say no".
I don't mind them now though, because soon enough they'll be in huggies, then in caskets and out of my sight for good. I would think though, that people who seem to like challenging things could at least question why that generation ended up being so mediocore and caving into their parents way of thinking after rebelling.

That's the thing, atheists will question when something stands in the way of their good time but when it comes to truth or bothering to entertain conclusions that might be painful, they'd rather live in fantasy land. Their delusional nut jobs who's entire existence is encompassed by self gratification. Sorry ass people who have no ambition, no stomach for pain and an individualist attitude which is just pathetic. I wouldn't pay them any mind but when they try to tell me that I don't know the nature of reality and they're so childishly unaware of wtf they're talking about, I feel a need to hand them their head.

Something is either correct or incorrect, if you cannot demonstrate something as a fact then don't claim it as fact. If you have no education in a particular science or discipline don't pretend to have an opinion, you don't. To have an opinion you first have to have a working understanding of that discipline, otherwise what you have is not in fact an opinion but rather a case of the verbal runs. There is no humanity in science, only the systematic detailing and application of data. It's objective inquiry. You don't get to have half truths or ideas with loose fitting pseudo-naturalistic contexts surrounding them.

Don't like that? Then don't discuss such things.Cool story, yo.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/f70c1136.gif

Jinxy
07-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Cool story, yo.

Only the first paragraph was directed @you but I can understand that big ass text not being appealing. Ignorant people don't like to read *shrug*
Really I only skim people's posts here usually anyway, I can't criticize too hard.

Frank Sobotka
07-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Only the first paragraph was directed @you but I can understand that big ass text not being appealing. Ignorant people don't like to read *shrug*
Really I only skim people's posts here usually anyway, I can't criticize too hard.It's a wu-tang clan message board that's enough reason to not read any post, let alone posts that are supposed to be 'intelectual'.

SKAMPOE
07-10-2011, 10:27 PM
god didn't start with the bible, and it sure doesn't have to end with it
:beer:

JASPER
07-10-2011, 10:45 PM
Really I only skim people's posts here usually anyway, I can't criticize too hard.
I read all of it and laughed. Everything you said was retarded to no end.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/e1d36a4b.jpg

Uncle Steezo
07-11-2011, 07:35 AM
jinxy, that was an ILL post.
chevy gets this way when he is backed into a corner. its part of his condition.
but yeah as i have said twice before, atheism is for dummies.

Uncle Steezo
07-11-2011, 07:49 AM
"They(Atheists) just think that theres no good reason to believe in books written thousands of years ago by a person you have no fucking clue about."
^
see the retarded in action? atheist don't even know what atheism is.

JASPER
07-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Spiritanimals. Good day.

IrOnMaN
07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
If he appears in the sky and everyone can see him flying about and doing good deeds that would be proof. But then it could just be David Blaine with a new look.

God isn't human. He can be in the form of anything. It seems that you don't understand what free will means.

Don't like that? Then don't discuss such things.

Nice post.

Cool story, yo.

You need to stop with posting pictures of bs. If you can't debate properly, then don't say anything at all.

I read all of it and laughed. Everything you said was retarded to no end.

Is that so?

ShaDynasty
07-11-2011, 11:03 AM
"They(Atheists) just think that theres no good reason to believe in books written thousands of years ago by a person you have no fucking clue about."
^
see the retarded in action? atheist don't even know what atheism is.

Atheism is not believing in a God. That doesn't mean all people classed as atheists don't think theres a possibility. Its like I don't think pigs can fly. But if you show my a pig that can fly, I'll happily submit and do whatever forfeit we agreed on. I'm closer to atheist than agnostic. Those are the words we have.

Really I can't believe that you're claiming that theres a spook from nowhere creating and controlling everything. And what you seem to be doing is claiming that any higher power is God in the sense that the actual religious people think it is. It isn't. And you're calling me a retard for expanding the definition of a word slightly?

IrOnMaN
07-11-2011, 11:43 AM
You guys just want proof. AGAIN, that cannot happen!

Mai Wang Tu Phat
07-11-2011, 11:50 AM
=3fa4HUiFJ6c

JASPER
07-11-2011, 03:35 PM
You need to stop with posting pictures of bs. If you can't debate properly, then don't say anything at all.
I like you, Tectrus. But I'll never stop posting bs pictures.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/5261dbec.jpg

How you like those apples?

I'm closer to atheist than agnostic.

Atheism and agnosticism are overlapping terms. I call myself an atheist because the meaning of the word atheist is a thoroughly honest, unambiguous term. It means one who does not believe in God, and it means neither more nor less. Some people here seem to think Atheists assert that no Gods exist, you guys are wrong.

Dokuro
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
i do not punish any one Satan does and he serves god

Here are more:

i use this all the time

god is evil end of story.

read genesis god did not give us freewill we didn't have freewill until we ate we fig

Olive Oil Goombah
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Look, you have to look at things on the biggest of planes.

In the past 100 years, we have found out, as civilized educated human beings already, that we are not the center of the universe. That we occupy a space not wholly unique to our universe.

We have also figured out that the universe i probably part of a multiverse. Making us even smaller and more insignificant.

I think you can see this change in the attitudes of humanity. People with less hope, people becoming increasingly less religious as we have figured out that the God of our sacred books seems less and less powerful.

When scientists first started looking at quantum physics, and we started becoming capable of knowing more, there was an optimism that we would piece it all together in one unified theory.

But it turns out that we have only opened up different possibilities and that we are insignificant in the sense that the universe/multiverse does not revolve around us.

Now whatever an individual wants to define as his or her higher power is their opinion, because nobody knows the absolute truth. We can only piece together what evidence we have.

George Carlin called it the Big Electron......some people call it Jesus. Others the Truth, etc. etc.

We're all searching for it, we all want to know why.....

Dokuro
07-12-2011, 01:16 AM
pff i'm not searching for the answer i found it and im not telling the answer but i will say this its nearly the polar opposite from what lao tzu says and check this out it also fits with are base impulse soft wiring

but what i was going to say is

Sosa atheist is not the none belief in god but the belief there is no god

Atheism does not equal agnosticism

if you show an atheist evidence there is a god the will likely poke holes at it or refuse the findings it takes allot of faith, suffering and hate to be an atheist

witch is why i consider it a religion the same foundating principals imply

'if every one believed this way we would have piece'

what you described is an agnostic they wont believe or disbelieve unless there is prof

Dokuro
07-12-2011, 01:25 AM
oh and Atheist have a bad historical rap
witch is why the push the idea of forgoing the past and looking at the future

if you don't know what i mean then you don't know what Atheism is check out the Huns when you get the chance they were atheist they wanted to wipe religion from the face of the earth

that what atheism is 'anti-theism' 'agnostic' is apathetic to religion
'anti' (=/=) 'no'

i cannot concern my self with you but the second i wont rid of you i become anti-you

you can only hate those you care about

i think that's what style was trying to get across

SKAMPOE
07-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Look, you have to look at things on the biggest of planes.

In the past 100 years, we have found out, as civilized educated human beings already, that we are not the center of the universe. That we occupy a space not wholly unique to our universe.

We have also figured out that the universe i probably part of a multiverse. Making us even smaller and more insignificant.

I think you can see this change in the attitudes of humanity. People with less hope, people becoming increasingly less religious as we have figured out that the God of our sacred books seems less and less powerful.

When scientists first started looking at quantum physics, and we started becoming capable of knowing more, there was an optimism that we would piece it all together in one unified theory.

But it turns out that we have only opened up different possibilities and that we are insignificant in the sense that the universe/multiverse does not revolve around us.

Now whatever an individual wants to define as his or her higher power is their opinion, because nobody knows the absolute truth. We can only piece together what evidence we have.

George Carlin called it the Big Electron......some people call it Jesus. Others the Truth, etc. etc.

We're all searching for it, we all want to know why.....

Truth!!!

Olive Oil Goombah
07-12-2011, 05:27 PM
pff i'm not searching for the answer i found it and im not telling the answer but i will say this its nearly the polar opposite from what lao tzu says and check this out it also fits with are base impulse soft wiring

but what i was going to say is

Sosa atheist is not the none belief in god but the belief there is no god

Atheism does not equal agnosticism

if you show an atheist evidence there is a god the will likely poke holes at it or refuse the findings it takes allot of faith, suffering and hate to be an atheist

witch is why i consider it a religion the same foundating principals imply

'if every one believed this way we would have piece'

what you described is an agnostic they wont believe or disbelieve unless there is prof

like i said, if you are content with not wanting to knowwhy thats fine.

RzaRectum
07-13-2011, 02:17 AM
I love how people claim no God exists, but then want to dick ride some of the discussions without being asked to participate. I think their actions speak louder than their poasts. :lmao:

07-13-2011, 05:14 AM
jsUr5acPY9g

Olive Oil Goombah
07-13-2011, 05:15 PM
oh and Atheist have a bad historical rap
witch is why the push the idea of forgoing the past and looking at the future

if you don't know what i mean then you don't know what Atheism is check out the Huns when you get the chance they were atheist they wanted to wipe religion from the face of the earth

that what atheism is 'anti-theism' 'agnostic' is apathetic to religion
'anti' (=/=) 'no'

i cannot concern my self with you but the second i wont rid of you i become anti-you

you can only hate those you care about

i think that's what style was trying to get across

we get it.......you dont like organized religion or any religion in general.

But in reality they are just manifestations of mans curiosity about the origins of everything.

JASPER
07-13-2011, 05:20 PM

But in reality they are just manifestations of mans curiosity about the origins of everything.
I wouldn't use the word curiosity to describe religious people.

Dokuro
07-13-2011, 09:41 PM

nope you don't

i don't like Yahweh im cool with baddest, hindus, Gaians, and everyone else
just not Jews/Muslims/Christians and any one else that prays to Yahweh under a different denomination
and actually i am a Shintoist

RzaRectum
07-14-2011, 01:52 PM
nope you don't

just not Jews/Muslims/Christians and any one else that prays to Yahweh under a different denomination

Are you Japanese? If you are, then you just might be Jewish.

xoowLHXVTvI&NR=1

Olive Oil Goombah
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
nope you don't

we get it......you are counter-culture. thanks.

Dokuro
07-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Are you Japanese? If you are, then you just might be Jewish.

xoowLHXVTvI&NR=1

the modern Japanese language was developed after christian missionary from america and the middle east came to bring god to the wolf worshipers most Japanese Christian to this day consider Kanji to be the devils language and usually spin anti Kanji propaganda
now to be fair they would have to compare the Ainu and Jewish

point 2 we all originate from a single language and as group grow dialect change anthropologist say i think its no more the 200 people have the same dialect.

point 3 Symbols are Symbols the change meaning pending on the person 7 candles of the menorah 7 years of Orochi sacrifices funy thing about Orochi he had 8 heads but only appeared to have 7 the 8th was on the back you know like the candle stand on a menorah
the hata clan was one of the Yamata clans

so there you have it coincidences nothing more

aKo-54rdHUY

extra point im only Japanese in a sense of me being a citizen my little brother is the one with the Japanese blood

RzaRectum
07-14-2011, 11:29 PM
It's a Japanese show, they don't got to do shit to be "fair". Stop denying your Jooysh heritage. That's just part 3. Go back and watch part 1 & 2.

You got joo juice in your veins, son.. 10 minutes of coincidences... SMH

Dokuro
07-14-2011, 11:51 PM
no Abraham is not one of my patriarch so i am not jewish

but Zahur Yasubat was <- and according to my father he was crucified on the same day as JC and when JC sad he would save him he laughed(demonically apparently) at him saying you full we just going to be ash by morning

and on my Irish side Derbforgaill of Scandinavia was apparently a matriarch because women ran the house hold in the Celtic times only the mother is recorded

no they didn't meet

i don't know shit about my puerto rican or sioux because some one deleted the history [looks at the children of Abraham]

this is all speculation of course because patriarch and matriarch can only be proven as myth

Oh and Zahur came from the people that enslaved the Jews

BLACK BART SIMPSON
07-15-2011, 03:11 AM
I am god and all of you will send me money and bow to me bring me your whores so i may fuck them swiftly.