PDA

View Full Version : The Quran

LORD NOSE
10-24-2005, 01:03 AM
A THREAD DEDICATED TO THE STUDY OF THE QURAN
WHERE EACH SCRIPTURE IS READ THOUROUGHLY

AND EXAMINED BY EACH PARTICIPANT

EACH PARTICIPANT IS TO EXPRESS WHAT IT IS THAT THEY SEE IN EACH SCRIPTURE

THIS IS TO BRING AN UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN EACH PARTICIPANT IN THE COMMUNITY, AND TO DEAD THE RELIGIOUS AND CULTURAL BEEFS.

IT CAN WORK WELL IF WE ALL KEEP IT FRESH CLEAN AND CIVILIZED

W.A.R.

LORD NOSE
10-24-2005, 01:03 AM
SURAH 1 1:7

YUSUFALI: In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
PICKTHAL: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
SHAKIR: In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.

YUSUFALI: Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
PICKTHAL: Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
SHAKIR: All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds.

YUSUFALI: Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
PICKTHAL: The Beneficent, the Merciful.
SHAKIR: The Beneficent, the Merciful.

YUSUFALI: Master of the Day of Judgment.
PICKTHAL: Master of the Day of Judgment,
SHAKIR: Master of the Day of Judgment.

YUSUFALI: Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.
PICKTHAL: Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.
SHAKIR: Thee do we serve and Thee do we beseech for help.

YUSUFALI: Show us the straight way,
PICKTHAL: Show us the straight path,
SHAKIR: Keep us on the right path.

YUSUFALI: The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
PICKTHAL: The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.
SHAKIR: The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

WHAT DO YOU SEE IN THESE SCRIPTURES ?

WHAT IS IT SAYING TO YOU ?

SubtleEnergies
10-24-2005, 01:39 AM
To me, this verse shows the vastness of God. He is the sustainer of everything (alamin).
This is also emphasised by the fact that he is alonee worthy of worship, and alone can help mankind.

Also, that if you go against this you wronged yourself. The path is straight. To me this kinda points out there's no hidden secrets etc to being "good" everyone knows how. You just gotta choose to stay on that path.

10-24-2005, 07:04 AM
peace, yo. i always wanted to read this.

Golden_Armz
10-24-2005, 10:55 PM
peace, yo. i always wanted to read this.
Then why dont you?

You dont even have to buy one!

PEACE

Prince Rai
10-25-2005, 07:00 AM
lol the quran is packed with knowledge... when somebody tells u some passage in the quran.. dont take it face value.. there is more behind everything in the quran..

that is why.. ISLAMS greatest miracle is the quran itself.

peace

pep
10-27-2005, 06:20 PM
I always felt it speaks to the reality that the flesh is weak and in order to stay on the righteous path you have to constantly beg The sustainer of all things to guide you rightly....It is natural to stray from the path at some times, just like the tide, it is constantly leaving and coming ashore, that to me is real symbolic to mans relationship to Allah. You be on ya dean real hard then you kinda loose focus untill an event(court date, troubled pregnancy, std test, job interview) humbles you and makes it nessasary for one to return to the Father and beg for help and foregiveness....As far as the intro, it is said we serve a vengeful God, and he must be praised and acknowledged...some one please add on....

Prince Rai
10-28-2005, 04:30 PM
pep, you say alot of things! and you are correct, it is natural to get away from this WAY or PATH!

this WAY is ancient and is a state of mind where you are on the correct path..

it takes thought and commitment...

pep
10-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Positive Energy Activites Constant Elevation

Prince Rai
10-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Positive Energy Activ"a"tes Constant Elevation
word thats the truth

pep
10-29-2005, 09:37 PM
whats next?

Prince Rai
10-30-2005, 04:49 AM
lol u decide pep

Golden_Armz
10-30-2005, 06:09 AM
PEACE

Quraan deals with many issues so why dont someone choose a topic and we can search for verses and their meanings for it.

PEACE

Machete
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM

YUSUFALI: The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.
PICKTHAL: The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.
SHAKIR: The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.

WHAT IS IT SAYING TO YOU ?Let's get real here. Majority of this snippit is blind worship that there can't possibly be an important message hidden. Master? Most Gracious? What else is there to that?

pep
10-30-2005, 09:12 PM
i was studying earlier today, i'll add on when i got more time, good thread.....

pep
10-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Let's get real here. Majority of this snippit is blind worship that there can't possibly be an important message hidden. Master? Most Gracious? What else is there to that?as a matter of fact, y do you say that??

"Masta-Mind"
10-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Masha ALLAH.

Yeah that is about as acurate as a translation can be, please remeber alot of the beauty of the Qr'aan cant be appriciated when its translated into another lanuage thats why all muslims and non muslims who want to read the Qur'aan are incouraged to learn arabic so as to read the word of ALLAH directly.

U'll notices some differences in translation such as

... YOU do we worship and YOUR aid we seek

and

...YOU ALONE do we worship and YOU ALONE do we seek help from

In arabic its iya kana' budu wa Iya kanasta' ain

If u translate it directly you get ... YOU do we worship and YOUR aid we seek
But when u translate the meaning it becomes ...YOU ALONE do we worship and YOU ALONE do we seek help from but the meaning goes much deeper if u care too look but this translation is enough for us to understand.

So really u can play tricks wid the translation but the origonal text is always the same and endless in beauty and wisdom

pep
10-31-2005, 06:06 PM
mos def intend to learn arabic when i got extra paper, moms has been studyin hebrew for about 5 years.....i collect qurans and try to take note of the differences in each translation

"Masta-Mind"
11-01-2005, 07:33 AM
^
Yeah insha ALLAH it will be worth while.
As far as the differences in translation goes its like me and u are fluent in spanish and some1 asks me and u 2 translate
''Hi how are u doin?'' in spanish into english,

its lickly that we are going to choose different words although the meaning is the same.

U get me

pep
11-08-2005, 06:03 PM
gonna have something in a while, I was building off surahVIII today....had me feeling real luv luv...

Golden_Armz
11-08-2005, 06:18 PM
share that love bro, there was some times i used to read and have tears in my eyes each time, because every time im goin thru sum shh and somethings on my mind, it always seems to relate at that particular surah or something, like im being directly talked to.

Hellspawn
11-09-2005, 06:15 AM
YUSUFALI, PICKTHAL, SHAKIR <<<<what's that???? or who are these???

those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace>>> the Muslims
those whose (portion) is not wrath>>> the Jews
and who go not astray>>> the Christians

^^that's the explanation of this verse

Peace

Homosexual
11-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Nice book, Allah ou Akbar.

Golden_Armz
11-09-2005, 07:21 AM
YUSUFALI, PICKTHAL, SHAKIR <<<<what's that???? or who are these???

those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace>>> the Muslims
those whose (portion) is not wrath>>> the Jews
and who go not astray>>> the Christians

^^that's the explanation of this verse

Peace
as far as i know Yusuf Ali and Pickthal are the two main accepted english translations.

PEACE

Hellspawn
11-09-2005, 08:46 AM
ah ok! thanx, i didnt knew it. they're all more or less exact translations.

peace

pep
11-09-2005, 07:44 PM
share that love bro, there was some times i used to read and have tears in my eyes each time, because every time im goin thru sum shh and somethings on my mind, it always seems to relate at that particular surah or something, like im being directly talked to.I got you, just gotta find the time, my internet is down at the crib so the only access I got is at work or the library, and you know when dealing with things of this nature you don't wanna rush...

LORD NOSE
02-09-2006, 10:34 PM
ok - lets keep it organized - it would be good if someone else post up the verses sometimes also being that i might be away for longer than the 7 days

every 7 days lets post 7 more scriptures until we have completed the book - after the bible and quaran is read, i'll hook yall up with another scripture that is like a magnifying glass over all the scriptures, lessons,teachings, and all the beliefs.

lets keep it civilized

LORD NOSE
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM
WOW !

this is a beautiful thread can we sticky this and the Bible thread - i had to go away for a minute shortly after i put this up - yall know how it is -

can we continue and keep it civilized ?

what each person sees is what each person sees

no need to beat another over the head with how you see it

lets continue please

BlaK FuRYaN
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
This is a good idea Sunny, im post what i grasp from this chapter then post another chapter to look at...in a few hours

peace

Allah Sun
03-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Asalamu Alaykum brothas?

Good thread Sunny...and I'm plannin' on contributin' to this ill-put thread of yours. InShaAllah.

Also I'm plannin' finishin' the Qur'an myself InShaAllah in the future...with Allah's help.

Did you finish it?

Salamz

LORD NOSE
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Asalamu Alaykum brothas?

and I'm plannin' on contributin' to this ill-put thread of

iLL put ?

splain

Did you finish it?

Salamz

yes - i've read it a few times - i recommend everyone to read it -

7EL7
11-05-2006, 01:30 PM
says that there is a boss

Ultimate Fist
11-05-2006, 05:17 PM

WHAT IS IT SAYING TO YOU ?

On Allah's attributes:
1. Gracious/Beneficial/Merciful: These are listed first for Allah is first and foremost a positive and loving force. Gracious means full of grace (I think; a few definitions) meaning Allah does nothing by accident but rather as part of a plan. Beneficial means positively acting. We are all moving to the end which is positive like the beginning and perfect. And Merciful, Allah is merciful more so than wrathful. Since we are created in His image, this is also a description of our truest nature. A person who is first and foremost bitter is not following their true nature but rather corrupted.

2. Cherisher and Sustainer: We exsist because He loves and cherishes us.

3.Lord of the Worlds: Controls everything. If there are people on other planets, He controls their destiny too.

4. Lord of the Day of Judgement: He will judge us. Note that it is said He is Compassionate and Merciful before we are told this. If we work to be moral, there is nothing to fear.

Other
"Thee alone we seek help etc."- Nothing else controls our destiny but Allah. He controls all things so He is the only one worth following (Versus following politicians, musicians, trends or even religious leaders, as they too may spin the word of Allah to their wants, if we are not well read of Allah's word and thus know what He requires of us.)

Show us the right path- Only Allah determines our path. He must show us the right way or we'll be "dumb, deaf and blind" (covered in next chapter) This is why we should not be forceful in religious debates- only Allah knows and only Allah can show.

Last part- Asking mercy is the ultimate act of faith. We must ask Allah's mercy for our wrongs and have faith He'll listen. If we doubt in His ability to forgive, do we really believe in Him at all? Yet we should not assume that He will automatically forgive us as that would make Allah our slave. We must ask sincerely everytime.

Urban_Journalz
11-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Peace Sunny and As-Sallam-Mua-Laikum all.

This thread is dope for certain. I've completed The Qur'an about twice. I read it constantly, but I have about 9 in the house so, depending on which one I happen to pick up, you understand.

I gotta definately say that Golden_Armz wasn't lyin' about when you're goin' through somethin' and you read this book with a sense of needing help and guidance. It never fails to bring you back.

Some of the most fascinating things about this book for me, is that if you read it correctly (with an open mind and heart), a lot of what's in there will terrify you. The descriptions of Hell and questions such as, "How many nations before thee have we destroyed for their disobedience?" make me think of not only how foul the world is as a whole, but also makes me think about government superpowers who swear up and down that they can't be touched.

It's scary because you sit there and say, "Wow. Nothing has changed but the date."

Also, what I love, is the fact that this book confirms, literally, the scriptures that went before it. It speaks, in chronological order for this post, of The Gospels, The Torah and The Psalms. This was exciting for me, because now I want to actually not only buy a King James version of The Bible (as I've been told that's the one with the most accuracy), but also a Torah and The Book Of Enoch, or, Idris as he's named in The Qur'an.

Why? Why not?? It's great to back-track for me, because it gives me even more knowledge than what I already have. I just read te first chapter in The Book Of Enoch and honestly, aside from The Psalms, it's the only other work that reminds me of The Qur'an. It's direct, in your face and it has no mercy.

Insha-Allah, I'll be in here to post a verse or two and give my disection of it, but for real, thanks for this thread.

Peace

LORD NOSE
11-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Keep it Moving

http://english.bayynat.org.lb/Quran/BAQARA00.htm

AL-BAQARA (THE COW)
In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.
YUSUFALI: A.L.M.
PICKTHAL: Alif. Lam. Mim.
SHAKIR: Alif Lam Mim.
YUSUFALI: This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;

PICKTHAL: This is the Scripture whereof there is no doubt, a guidance unto those who ward off (evil).

SHAKIR: This Book, there is no doubt in it, is a guide to those who guard (against evil).

YUSUFALI: Who believe in the Unseen, are steadfast in prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them;
PICKTHAL: Who believe in the Unseen, and establish worship, and spend of that We have bestowed upon them;
SHAKIR: Those who believe in the unseen and keep up prayer and spend out of what We have given them.

YUSUFALI: And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.
PICKTHAL: And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter.
SHAKIR: And who believe in that which has been revealed to you and that which was revealed before you and they are sure of the hereafter.

YUSUFALI: They are on (true) guidance, from their Lord, and it is these who will prosper.
PICKTHAL: These depend on guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.
SHAKIR: These are on a right course from their Lord and these it is that shall be successful.

YUSUFALI: As to those who reject Faith, it is the same to them whether thou warn them or do not warn them; they will not believe.
PICKTHAL: As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not.
SHAKIR: Surely those who disbelieve, it being alike to them whether you warn them, or do not warn them, will not believe.

YUSUFALI: Allah hath set a seal on their hearts and on their hearing, and on their eyes is a veil; great is the penalty they (incur).
PICKTHAL: Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.
SHAKIR: Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing and there is a covering over their eyes, and there is a great punishment for them.

YUSUFALI: Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day;" but they do not (really) believe.
PICKTHAL: And of mankind are some who say: We believe in Allah and the Last Day, when they believe not.
SHAKIR: And there are some people who say: We believe in Allah and the last day; and they are not at all believers.

YUSUFALI: Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe, but they only deceive themselves, and realise (it) not!
PICKTHAL: They think to beguile Allah and those who believe, and they beguile none save themselves; but they perceive not.
SHAKIR: They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive.

YUSUFALI: In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease: And grievous is the penalty they (incur), because they are false (to themselves).
PICKTHAL: In their hearts is a disease, and Allah increaseth their disease. A painful doom is theirs because they lie.
SHAKIR: There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lie. NEXT (http://english.bayynat.org.lb/Quran/AL-BAQARA1.HTM)

LORD NOSE
01-14-2008, 12:38 PM
yall lazy