PDA

View Full Version : U.S. survey reveals that they are ignorant of the Bible

magmabaldheaded
08-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Source: protestantedigital.com

The Barna Group survey reveals that in America there are people who are ignorant of the Bible, even those who are Christians have forgotten to read the word of God, eighty percent believe the saying "God helps those who help themselves" is in the Bible and thirty-one percent believe can gain entrance to heaven just being good.

22% say that Jesus sinned when He was on earth when the Bible says the contrary, the word of God know that seventy percent of Americans know five of the ten commandments or the Gospels. The data in the survey for some laugh, but it is a reality, many Christians do not study their Bible.

Ron Paul 2012
08-18-2011, 04:44 AM
no shit. and Jesus did sin, according for the Bible it is a sin against nature for men to have long hair.

"Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, -Corinthians 11:14"
also the bible says to speak not of another god.
And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. -Matthew 16:18

Hades is a god. so is hell so i will let this one go.

but this is irrefutable.
"At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn, and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day." -Matthew 12:1-6

(PS. the passing pharisees was history's first recorded troll, ie Louis Cypher aka Socrates)

pa...haahhh..
caught working on the Sabbath day

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work...For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." -Exodus 20:8-11

game over Christ you sinned!

diggy
08-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Source: protestantedigital.com

The Barna Group survey reveals that in America there are people who are ignorant of the Bible...

Just look at the behaviour of the people and you should not be surprised of this finding.

spiggity_ace
08-21-2011, 06:05 PM
no shit. and Jesus did sin, according for the Bible it is a sin against nature for men to have long hair.

"Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, -Corinthians 11:14"

wasn't jesus described as having short hair?

Frank Sobotka
08-21-2011, 06:16 PM
The bible is like the terms & conditions of itunes, you don't read it you just either agree or decline.