PDA

View Full Version : The Official Food Thread

Wu-Tality
06-20-2005, 06:14 AM
Yea all that good stuff! Lets talk about it and salivate heh.

At the moment Im wondering what kind of food fits our digestion most. It seems that with Chimps and Gorillas they eat fruit the most.

So this probably counts for humans too, whats your thought on the subject?

Vegan
06-20-2005, 06:27 AM
You already know what I think. I eat the best foods on Earth; I am vegan. I consume an almost entirely organic diet, free from food with artifical flavor, preservatives, coloring, and hydrogenated oils. I shop at Wild Oats and highly recommend them or Whole Foods as far as shopping goes. Back in the old corp days, there were serveral vegans and vegetarians. These days, it looks like I am the only one here. I'd like to get deep and talk about the digestive tracks, what diet is most suitable for humans, etc. However, I do not want to go over anyones head due to their lack of understanding of nutrition, human physical structure. And, I really do not want to argue with the entire board without having some wise folks to also expound and add on to what I am talking about. I will however respond to civil questions and not outright insults in regards to a vegan diet.

I-Legit
06-20-2005, 06:29 AM
Potatoe

100pr00f
06-20-2005, 06:41 AM
mmm i like chicken.. ieat it it all the time...like that last 3 days i had chicken for lunch

Vegan
06-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Here are some great vegan cookbooks for those who like to be creative when it comes to cooking:

How It All Vegan: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1551520672/qid=1119267598/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_ur_1/104-7705248-2177568?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Garden Of Vegan:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1551521288/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-7705248-2177568?v=glance&s=books&st=*

The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1557883599/ref=pd_sim_b_4/104-7705248-2177568?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

More:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/104-7705248-2177568?field-keywords=vegan+cookbooks&mode=blended&tag=mozilla-20&sourceid=Mozilla-search

Queen Of Poetry
06-20-2005, 07:43 AM
You already know what I think. I eat the best foods on Earth; I am vegan. I consume an almost entirely organic diet, free from food with artifical flavor, preservatives, coloring, and hydrogenated oils. I shop at Wild Oats and highly recommend them or Whole Foods as far as shopping goes. Back in the old corp days, there were serveral vegans and vegetarians. These days, it looks like I am the only one here. I'd like to get deep and talk about the digestive tracks, what diet is most suitable for humans, etc. However, I do not want to go over anyones head due to their lack of understanding of nutrition, human physical structure. And, I really do not want to argue with the entire board without having some wise folks to also expound and add on to what I am talking about. I will however respond to civil questions and not outright insults in regards to a vegan diet.
U r not alone......I am vegetarian.

GuardianOne
06-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey you're not the only vegan, here in Africa all you have to do is go into the bush a get wild vegetables (most of them are herbs anyway- like Black Jack leaves, most of them i don't know the english names) some like we call here Moa or the other name Bonongwe (is used to polish the floor - but cures TB in less than 2 months), and there's Egg Plant, Ocra (in its various plants- many north african countrys like to cook it with bicarbonate of soda) but here in southern africa we just fry it in vegetable oil. I don't need to go to the beans (soya), cause then we are now talking about the cooking and various methods. Not forgeting the roots (Cassava, Mukoyo, we don't use yeast, Cactus fruits)

Anyway lets expound on this and the elements.

EARNERTON.
06-23-2005, 01:37 PM
yeah I luv up my food, truss me on that, I love vegetables, vegetables wit rice an meat, thats what I'm talking about right there, rice, vegetables an a couple of lambchops, you know, hell yeah, or you know, rice an peas wit meat, thats heavy, truss, or special fried noodles, large an, pasta an spaghetti bolognese an all that good stuff, you know, rice wit fried fish drops aswell, x-amount of proteins an all that type of stuff, you know,its real, lets go

Hayabusa
06-23-2005, 01:42 PM
I like Fish,Chicken,Beef, Pork,Crab,Lobster, and Lamb.

100pr00f
06-23-2005, 01:46 PM
i like shrimp

repo
06-23-2005, 01:47 PM
chinese food is good
30 minutes later is gone

Claustrofobic
06-23-2005, 04:19 PM
I like chocolate chip cookies

check two
06-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Vegan,
I hear you on the organic foods. I've been trying to eat more organic things. Do you use any organic and natural products? I think I'm going to send you a pm, if that's cool.

Dae Ja Nae
06-23-2005, 10:38 PM
I like Fish,Chicken,Beef, Pork,Crab,Lobster, and Lamb.
Same here ... I tried the Vegan lyfestyle (it's a very healthy one), but I'm a die hard Car-Ni-Vore!!

Zakius
06-23-2005, 10:40 PM
Just ate some fried white bass fish fillets, my boss caught them last night fishing... so fuckin good

check two
06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Some people don't realize that the junk that's in a lot of the foods in grocery stores such as artifical flavors, dyes, presevatives, MSG can cause illnesses and diseases. Plus the fact that about 61 percent of Americans are obese. Not just fat, but obese like Missy Horse Elliot and Fat Ass Joe.

SHRAP
06-23-2005, 11:09 PM
missy is actually fuckable now, correc u self

blackGhengis
06-23-2005, 11:12 PM
i jus had a Avacado, bacon, and cheese omlet with onions and bell peppers. side of pancakes with strawberry syrup. IHOP is dope as fuck. shiiiit goooood.

check two
06-23-2005, 11:20 PM
With that face, Missy will never be fuckable.

SHRAP
06-23-2005, 11:37 PM
With that face, Missy will never be fuckable.
wow are we even talkin about the same missy, one i know got a pretty nice face...

check two
06-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Missy Elliot has a pretty face? lol

dark side
06-24-2005, 06:28 AM
fave food

spag bol
pizza
english sunday roast dinner
curry
cerials,muesli,frosted wheats,raisin wheats,shreddies,crunchy oat clusters etc

Vegan
06-24-2005, 06:52 AM
Vegan,
I hear you on the organic foods. I've been trying to eat more organic things. Do you use any organic and natural products? I think I'm going to send you a pm, if that's cool. PM me anytime. I buy almost 100% organic - Whole grains, rice, pasta, nuts, seeds, herbs, teas, spices, fruit, veggies, legumes, and beans (only things I am ommiting from my diet are: animal flesh, cow secretions, and chicken menstration). Some of the products I use that are organic (and at the very least natural) are:

- Veganaise (mayo without animal products) < stuff is insanely good!
- Silk Enhanced soymilk
- Clif Bars/Builders Bars
- Bragg's liquid aminos
- Earth Balance (vegan butter!)
- Marathon raw almond butter, raw tahini
- Choice organic teas
- Natures Path cereal, especially the Opimum Zen flavor
- Rudi's Bakery organic breads.
- Tofurkey sausage
- White Wave's Wheat Meat < the protein content in that is sick, like 28 grams per serving.
- Some type of baked tofu, I forgot the name of the brand.

That is about it when it coms to processed products. And, when I say processed, it is not meant in a traditional sense as thse products are actually healthy. Most of the food I buy is whole food and I prepare everything myself by following various recipes. Like I said before, Wild Oats or Whole Foods are excellent stores to pick up vegan and, organic food.

Vegan
06-24-2005, 07:00 AM
Oh damn, I forgot the best ice cream on the planet... the Temptation line by Chicago Soy Dairy (only available in Illinois, and nearby states like the one I reside in, Indiana). Their Cookie Dough ice cream (all vegan) is divine.

JASPER
06-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Icecream is so fucking bad for your stomach and other intestants.

Vegan
06-24-2005, 07:09 AM
Icecream is so fucking bad for your stomach and other intestants. I suppose ice cream derived from cow secretions are since a lot of people are lactose intollerant. Cow's make milk for their babies (cow milk = calf food). It is not naturally intended for humans to drink and eat the milk of another animal.

Ice cream derived from plant sources have no such effect unless one has an allergy to a specific plant.

JASPER
06-24-2005, 07:30 AM
Nah, the coldness of the icecream is bad for your stomach

Knok-A-Fella
06-24-2005, 07:46 AM
chinese food has to b tha best food on tha planet

aswell as a lolly called ZAP

not sure if there in U.S.A but its the best lolly in england

Bless,1

Queen Of Poetry
06-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Tofu and veggies and salad

GuardianOne
06-24-2005, 08:31 AM
chinese food has to b tha best food on tha planet

aswell as a lolly called ZAP

not sure if there in U.S.A but its the best lolly in england

Bless,1
Whats ZAP like?

check two
06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
PM me anytime. I buy almost 100% organic - Whole grains, rice, pasta, nuts, seeds, herbs, teas, spices, fruit, veggies, legumes, and beans (only things I am ommiting from my diet are: animal flesh, cow secretions, and chicken menstration). Some of the products I use that are organic (and at the very least natural) are:

- Veganaise (mayo without animal products) < stuff is insanely good!
- Silk Enhanced soymilk
- Clif Bars/Builders Bars
- Bragg's liquid aminos
- Earth Balance (vegan butter!)
- Marathon raw almond butter, raw tahini
- Choice organic teas
- Natures Path cereal, especially the Opimum Zen flavor
- Rudi's Bakery organic breads.
- Tofurkey sausage
- White Wave's Wheat Meat < the protein content in that is sick, like 28 grams per serving.
- Some type of baked tofu, I forgot the name of the brand.

That is about it when it coms to processed products. And, when I say processed, it is not meant in a traditional sense as thse products are actually healthy. Most of the food I buy is whole food and I prepare everything myself by following various recipes. Like I said before, Wild Oats or Whole Foods are excellent stores to pick up vegan and, organic food.

Thanks Vegan, I'll pm you soon. I was also interested if you buy organic and natural non-food products such as toothpaste, soaps, deodorants, etc.

Sicka than aidZ
06-24-2005, 11:01 PM
^^lol, hippies stink

born invincible
06-24-2005, 11:05 PM
my wife cooks some bangin ass chicken and rice.... her family from el salvador so she be cookin up some shit to keep even rae the chef in check. word!!!

check two
06-24-2005, 11:10 PM
My post had nothing to do with hippies.

Razorsharp
06-24-2005, 11:29 PM
U r not alone......I am vegetarian.

but your daughter isnt!!! hahaha nugget eater...haha... and QOP i still work there by the way... this is Razorsharp... PEACE PM me im outz

Vegan
06-25-2005, 03:30 AM
Thanks Vegan, I'll pm you soon. I was also interested if you buy organic and natural non-food products such as toothpaste, soaps, deodorants, etc.
I use all natural, vegan products when it comes to those, too.

I use Tom's of Maine brand deoderant and toothpaste. I use a variety of soaps, some locally, hand made by other vegans and others by companies like Kiss my Face who makes an excellent olive oil/aloe soap. Jason, and Natures Gate have good lines of Shampoo, so does the Trader Joe's in house brand. Househould products are also vegan. I usually by products made by Earth Friendly. I run the gamut when it comes to buying ethically sound products. I have two pets of my own and I'll be dammed if I buy products from companes who test on animals when I have a choice not to.

Vegan
06-25-2005, 03:31 AM
^^lol, hippies stink
Sometimes they do. Most hippies I know of aren't vegan, though.

Sicka than aidZ
06-25-2005, 03:56 AM
Goddam Hippies.....smell!

EARNERTON.
06-25-2005, 05:06 AM
I ain't gonna a lie or nuthin, but I love up my meat, for real, you know, roast chicken an all that good shit, but I've definetly got to get into this whole eating healthy food an that, you know, I'm definetly gonna get into that later on down the line, I don't know about goin 100% vegetarian but more of a mix an blend, you know, but mans definetly got to take out all of the artifcial, microwave an junk food out of my diet you know, an yeah, I heard how chinese food is definetly some of the healthiest type of food out there, you know, for real

Rebel_INS
06-25-2005, 05:38 AM
Man I east Fast Food all the time. Haha im quittin though. I eat at Taco-Bell, Del-Taco, Burger King, Jack N Box, all that shit. And subway! Fuck yea... But I like errything cept vegtables lol

LHX
06-25-2005, 01:00 PM
eat meat maybe once a week

when i need some amino acid

vegetables vegetables vegetables

lots of fruit

corn
wheat
coconut
almonds
walnuts
beans