PDA

View Full Version : JMT "Violence Begets Violence" Oct. 25

theheavens
08-31-2011, 11:21 PM
they have some info on the upcoming JMT album on Amazon. there's a part on there that concerned me: "JMT producer, Stoupe, hands over production duties to a new wave of talented producers honed on the JMT sound, but set on taking a fresh take on a classic formula." no Stoupe??

track listing:

1. Intro
2. Burning the Mirror
3. When Crowds Descend Upon You (feat. Demoz)
4. F**k Ya Life (feat. Blacastan)
5. Imperial Tyranny (feat. King Magnetic)
6. Design in Malice (feat. Young Zee and Pacewon)
7. Weapon of Unholy Wrath
8. Target Practice
9. Carnival of Souls
10. Willing a Destruction Onto Humanity
11. Chalice (feat. Chip Fu)
12. Bloodborn Enemy
13. The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms
14. Street Lights

http://www.amazon.com/Violence-Begets-Jedi-Mind-Tricks/dp/B005HRAJ5C

josborne3680
08-31-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanx for this info. I know Paz mentioned a Sept release so I was waiting on some info. The word was Stoupe wouldnt handle "ALL" the production. I guess we will see as we get closer to release to see how much involvement Stoupe has. peace

hide1998
09-01-2011, 02:14 AM
I don't see this as a problem sonically, as Paz's solo album had EXCELLENT production. But it shouldn't be called a JMT album without Stoupe

theheavens
09-01-2011, 02:19 AM
I think Stoupe might have a few beats on there, but that's about it. Vinnie mentioned he wasn't too pleased with the direction Stoupe was going in. he hired a young new producer named C-Lance who's pretty damn good. he's going to have some beats on there, plus he's producing the ENTIRE Jus Allah album MMA.

Prime8
09-01-2011, 03:56 AM
I heard about Stoupe not producing the whole thing a few months ago.
I think he'll be over-looking the production though.

Anyway, Stoupe's beats >>>>>>> Vinnie & Jus' repetitive rapping.

Djaminha
09-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Stoupe is overated.

Paz hold his own on the solo joint.

MaskedAvenger
09-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Anyway, Stoupe's beats >>>>>>> Vinnie & Jus' repetitive rapping.

Yeah I kinda agree with this, Paz has become a bit too repetitive for me and it gets worse each album. Im a still check for it though

etze
09-01-2011, 10:37 AM
just checked the tracklist
i wanna listen to that joint with chip fu

etze
09-01-2011, 10:38 AM
http://www.theorchard.com/images/lg_coverart/886788046405.jpg
here's the cover

and btw beats are from jus allah i suppose

Prime8
09-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Anyone else think Jus Allah did nothing but make A History of Violence worse?
He sounded like some MySpace rapper who was biting Vinnie's style.

I liked him on Violent By Design.
His verse on A Heap of Broken Images by Blue Sky Black Death was good.
His solo album was meh, nothing special, but AHoV was rock bottom.

GhettoGnom
09-01-2011, 11:24 AM
^I think most people agree that Jus has been absolutely terrible the last few years..

Not really looking forward to this at all, but I'll be giving it a quick listen.. I hope Jus is absent from the Chip-Fu track.

Noyz
09-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I read an interview saying Stoupe would have 3-4 beats on this at the most. C-Lance is dope, but it seems a lot of the AOTP/Outerspace/Paz/Heavy Metal Kings tracks use the same drums and it get's a little repetitive. Check these:

Outerspace - My Brother's Keeper:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woLywzLuzII

HMK - King Diamond:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iysSIESaxo

Vinnie Paz - Kill Em All
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54JVZG7W9eM

Djaminha
09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I'd like to see Ill Bill produce more than he does currently, his beats are always nice.

THE MASON
09-01-2011, 12:47 PM
i wont be checking for this, only reason i listen to JMT is for Stoupe production.

Paz been weak since Visions of Ghandi and Jus Allah had the worst drop off of a career ever. if no Stoupe, they shoulda just gone to Necro for production, his style fits the JMT model

Jin10304
09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
So its basically another Vinnie Paz solo album....

hide1998
09-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Seriously, Paz isn't on the level he was on the first two JMT releases, but he has rebounded a lot on his last couple releases. Anyone who doesn't find his solo album from last year at least pretty good has wack ears (tight production, good MCing throughout). It was a good deal better than Visions of Ghandi and Throne of Blood (both produced by Stoupe).

V1LLAIN
09-01-2011, 07:09 PM
Without Stoupe there is no JMT.

Prime8
09-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Without Stoupe there is no JMT.

It'd be like CunninLynguists without Kno producing.
Who wants to hear that shit?

laolu
09-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Where the hell is the Canibus feature?

Mr. R&B
09-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I didn't realize there was supposed to be a Bis feature on VBV.

I want that too.

Either way, I'm still copping this.

Mr. R&B
09-01-2011, 08:01 PM
:(doublepost:(

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2011, 08:11 PM
^I think most people agree that Jus has been absolutely terrible the last few years..

uh what?

xPBblbeKdDA

y_QNwLnKaNs

>>>>>>your whole lives

theheavens
09-02-2011, 02:38 AM
Jus Allah keeps going back and forth between styles. after repeated listens, I'm used to his "I am!" style now. it's unique, the dude switched it up a bit. but his early style is still better. either way, his solo album (produced by C-Lance) is going to be SICK.

tranquilbeast
09-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Im guessing the leak of the Monsters track has something to do with it possibly.

I agree Jus Allah had the worst fall off in the histoty of lyricists, but those 2 new tracks dusk posted, & also this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkGlYhfm-Kc
show Jus going back to a regular style. Hopefully MMA is more like these.

etze
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
NOTICE :

The following new album is coming out later this year and playing some rough
version of it during the European tour.

We have postponed rescheduled their planned fall 2011 tour until next year.

Announce new album coming out later this year.

We regret any inconvenience and looks forward to returning to the cities in
February/March.

SKELETOR
09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
can you post the link?

Jinxy
09-03-2011, 05:15 PM
they have some info on the upcoming JMT album on Amazon. there's a part on there that concerned me: "JMT producer, Stoupe, hands over production duties to a new wave of talented producers honed on the JMT sound, but set on taking a fresh take on a classic formula." no Stoupe??

track listing:

1. Intro
2. Burning the Mirror
8. Target Practice
9. Carnival of Souls
12. Bloodborn Enemy
14. Street Lights

Seems as though they want to bank on glory past. I actually think they sound about the same on every record, monotonous. "History of Violence" was just special for it's time and now they need to go a different direction. Without Stoupe's production though, I don't see any appeal.

etze
09-04-2011, 08:55 AM
can you post the link?
hmm
actually to be honest, this was their announcement about pushing back a JMT live in Greece.
i may misunderstood this. it could only be talking about their european tour

Soul Controller
09-04-2011, 09:34 AM
id prefer a paz solo, over jus allah with paz and no stoupe ;/

OntheHorizon
09-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Could be Stoupe just got tired of the JMT movement

Seriously, how long can you produce for a guy who just spits the same Islamic extremist, Homophobic Tough Guy shit over and over and over again??

Stoupe's last few Rap Projects with JMT/AOTP have been Uninspired. History Of Violence & Decalouge just sounded like rushed beats that stoupe just gave them to meet a deadline or summin, his albums with Liz Fullerton & Vespertina were musically 100x's better then his rap productions of the last 5 years

Regardless, JMT without Stoupe is gonna be even worse then Cypress without Muggs was

theheavens
09-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Could be Stoupe just got tired of the JMT movement

Seriously, how long can you produce for a guy who just spits the same Islamic extremist, Homophobic Tough Guy shit over and over and over again??

Stoupe's last few Rap Projects with JMT/AOTP have been Uninspired. History Of Violence & Decalouge just sounded like rushed beats that stoupe just gave them to meet a deadline or summin, his albums with Liz Fullerton & Vespertina were musically 100x's better then his rap productions of the last 5 years

Regardless, JMT without Stoupe is gonna be even worse then Cypress without Muggs was

it was Vinnie who was displeased with Stoupe...the same way Ghost and Rae were displeased with RZA on 8 Diagrams.

anyway, have you not heard Vinnie's debut? the dude has the BEST ear for beats of any rapper I've heard. he gets nothing but bangers. hell, he's got PREMO on his next solo album!

Soul Controller
09-04-2011, 03:53 PM
decalouge was lame, really uninspiring beats, and crap mc's on their..

id prefer a vinny solo,, vinny kicks ass.

stoupe an jus allah where only good as parth of JMT

least vinny can hold his own.

MaskedAvenger
09-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Stoupe has done heaps of good work outside of JMT. Vinnie's solo might of had great beats but he ruined heaps of dope beats with some average rhymes and corny concepts like for example the madlib joint.

theheavens
09-04-2011, 04:50 PM
I never said vinnie had the best rhymes hah. just the dude knows how to pick a beat. and I still don't know how he got Premo for his next solo record. legends of the game can barely get Premo. then again, Immortal Technique got Premo for his next record too

MaskedAvenger
09-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular, I'm just saying I'm a Vinnie Paz fan too but sometimes he's rhymes are weak and repetitive. I can't really listen to a whole album of his straight through.

Soul Controller
09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
hopefully premo is being more conscious who he gives his beats to now.

Djaminha
09-04-2011, 05:18 PM
I never said vinnie had the best rhymes hah. just the dude knows how to pick a beat. and I still don't know how he got Premo for his next solo record. legends of the game can barely get Premo. then again, Immortal Technique got Premo for his next record too
Producers sell beats to anyone that wants them.

They arn't stupid enough to pick and choose who they want to give there beats too, at the end of the day if Nas or Jay Z wanted a preemo beat they'd get one. Truth is, the probably don't/

Jin10304
09-04-2011, 06:23 PM
"They arn't stupid enough to pick and choose who they want to give there beats too"

Not necessarily true, earlier RZA didnt produce for anyone really outside Wu & Muggs doesnt like to be producing for people unless he build a solid relationship with the MC in a studio

derek41
09-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Stoupe is beyond dope. A jmt album without Stoupe is simply not a Jmt album. Vinnie's solo album was good but nothing special. Stoupe's 2 projects outside of hip hop have been bonkers. That vespertina album is sick. C lance is ok, he aint no Stoupe. I'll check for this shit, but not expecting much.

Poet_Laureate
09-08-2011, 05:40 PM
It might just be me, but I like every JMT release & if Stoupe only has a FEW (as Paz said so before) produced songs on it I'll get over it..I'm pretty sure we would all still check out Method Man's Crystal Meth album despite we all know his rhyminVV & RZA prob wont produce whole thing

*shrugs*

Prime8
09-08-2011, 05:44 PM
As I said before.

JMT without Stoupe, is like CunninLynguists without Kno.
I don't care if it's got good production.
It's just not the same.

Stoupe shapes the entire album.

Poet_Laureate
09-08-2011, 06:09 PM
I will say the Cypress Hill w/o Muggs comparison was impactful..their last album was poor

but I still like everyone else fiend for Stoupe on the boards, he releases projects but not as much as other producers so I can understand the anger

OntheHorizon
09-08-2011, 06:54 PM
I will say the Cypress Hill w/o Muggs comparison was impactful..their last album was poor

but I still like everyone else fiend for Stoupe on the boards, he releases projects but not as much as other producers so I can understand the anger

He actually released 2 projects in the last year , they just werent hip hop projects

I still get the feeling that maybe stoupe is just bored with hip hop, cause there would have to be somebody out there he could be working with, even if not JMT im sure one of those AOTP bench warmers would kill to get in the lab with him, yet you hear nothing of him working with anybody, just singers

Luz
09-08-2011, 09:45 PM
Vinnie is one of the corniest rappers in the game. Stoupe is much better doing his own thing. I don't know how anyone can listen to Vinnie Paz and take the dude seriously.

dark side
09-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Here are the production credits btw..its true that stoupe hasn't produced a single beat...im really dissapointed.

1. Intro (scott stallone)

2. Burning the Mirror (c-lance)

3. When Crowds Descend Upon You (hypnotist beats)

4. F**k Ya Life (junior makhno)

5. Imperial Tyranny (c-lance)

6. Design in Malice (mr green)

7. Weapon of Unholy Wrath (shuko)

8. Target Practice (hypnotist beats)

9. Carnival of Souls (grande finale)

10. Willing a Destruction Onto Humanity (c-lance)

11. Chalice (feat. Chip Fu) (illinformed)

12. Bloodborn Enemy (nero)

13. The Sacrilege of Fatal Arms (c-lance)

14. Street Lights (nero)

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16798/title.jedi-mind-tricks-ready-violence-begets-violence-stoupe-not-involved

theheavens
09-09-2011, 03:00 AM
I just saw that. I can't believe Stoupe didn't produce any beats for the album. I guess that means he's not a member anymore. that's a damn shame. but I'll withhold judgment on the album til I hear it. I know two of those producers, Shuko and C-Lance, make nothing but bangers.

Poet_Laureate
09-09-2011, 08:32 AM
OH FUCK. I saw interview that said he had 4-5 joints on it but NONE. Damn man that shit hurts.

OntheHorizon
09-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Paz could at least give an explanation, he owes the fans that much

Lord knows we'll never get it from Stoupe, that guy has done like 2 interviews in 15 years, lol

Mr. R&B
09-09-2011, 10:29 AM
JMT either needs to be disbanded or go on sabatical.

Vinnie & Jus hould just focus on solo joints and AOTP.

And trim the AOTP roster, just make it Vin, Jus, Ap, Celph, Reef, Eso & Outerspace.

If JMT can reconcile in 5 years and get on the same page about putting an album together, that'd be great.

If not, fuck it, because continuing Jedi Mind Tricks without The Enemy of Mankind is gonna piss a lot off fans off.

All that said, I'm still buying the album.

Frank Sobotka
09-09-2011, 10:54 AM
On how many JMT albums was jus allah actually a member? 2 out of seven? 4
So wouldn't JMT without stoupe be a vinnie paz solo?

Fatal Guillotine
09-09-2011, 11:19 AM

track listing:

1. Intro
2. Burning the Mirror
8. Target Practice
9. Carnival of Souls
12. Bloodborn Enemy
14. Street Lights

young zee?

when is demoz going to drop an album?

Poet_Laureate
09-09-2011, 03:05 PM
JMT either needs to be disbanded or go on sabatical.

Vinnie & Jus hould just focus on solo joints and AOTP.

And trim the AOTP roster, just make it Vin, Jus, Ap, Celph, Reef, Eso & Outerspace.

If JMT can reconcile in 5 years and get on the same page about putting an album together, that'd be great.

If not, fuck it, because continuing Jedi Mind Tricks without The Enemy of Mankind is gonna piss a lot off fans off.

All that said, I'm still buying the album.

I cosign all that shit

makhnovitch
09-11-2011, 10:23 AM
lol why mofos keep posting that list with an error on my name

dark side
09-12-2011, 12:14 AM
lol why mofos keep posting that list with an error on my name

Apologies man,i have corrected it.I was feeling your beat on the HMK project btw,looking forward to your contribution on here.

makhnovitch
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM
thx man, i didnt even hear that joint myself yet

Mr. R&B
09-12-2011, 03:01 PM
The final version of the track came out great, you did your thing.

It's among my favorite tracks on the Heavy Metal Kings album.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-12-2011, 10:23 PM
will be checkin for this project

Chrism70
09-13-2011, 12:54 PM
VINNIE PAZ SPEAKS ON NEW JEDI MIND TRICKS ALBUM

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs057/1103699264033/img/13.jpg

Our new album "Violence Begets Violence" drops October 25th. Some of you have heard by now that this is the first Jedi Mind Tricks album we've made without Stoupe handling the production. Bottom line is at some point after making our last album, "A History of Violence," Stoupe lost his passion for making hip-hop and wanted to try new things.

Through our career, we've always waited on him to get inspired to make a new album, but this time around we got tired of waiting out his creative drought. He tried to produce some things for this new album, but we could tell early on that his heart wasn't in making JMT records anymore. He's moved on as a producer to work in other genres with his sideprojects, Dutch and Vespertina, and we've moved on with a new crop of talented producers to make the hardcore hip-hop we've always been known for.

We're reinvigorated and we feel like these younger, hungrier kids put a battery in our back. You deserve the best music we can make. Stoupe made great albums with us, but he's moved in a different direction as a producer, so we decided this was the best move for us to make sure we give you guys the best music we can.

Regardless, Jus and I feel like we made a great record. I've made plenty of other albums with other producers. You guys know AOTP. You know my solo shit. Some of you even said that my solo album was the best work I've done to date, including all of the JMT albums. Don't worry, that classic hardcore JMT shit is coming on October 25th. Just trust me. I've never let you down in 15 years. Give us the benefit of the doubt and listen to "Violence Begets Violence" with an open mind.

The music business is crazy right now. Most artists disappear after one album or one single. We've been fortunate to have a 15-year run, which could've never happened without you guys...our fans. The last thing we want to do is to try to pull the wool over your eyes, so we wanted to let you know upfront about Stoupe, but also let you know that we're still Jedi Mind Tricks...we still are, and always will be, making hardcore shit no matter who mans the boards.

Here's a taste of what's in store. This one is called "Target Practice" and produced by Hypnotist Beats. Download it here (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=brquz7dab&et=1107544894801&s=696&e=001-dDAAi4liuDi5BBU7_FlLDTe7V6JqzzeerPAQaOBDgpT9h1o__d omDdUlEqVOXQDZjah8s0LJ0y__eBbU9WZHVdFKYwauRb1cijW7 wJ8M0cOAxjd7ADQ-Mdc9IHkd9BKbaCjc3yqU30=).

As always thanks for your unwavering support,
Vinnie Paz and the JMT crew

JEDI MIND TRICKS "VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE" AVAILABLE IN STORES AND ONLINE OCTOBER 25TH. PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM NOW HERE (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=brquz7dab&et=1107544894801&s=696&e=001-dDAAi4liuBg65l1UnxrKynQf0ucKIDUS1Y7UCreO3u4ut2qRLA sZQSWhp8DXHo4YOx4osNfdYCPEdmSlx6agUhjHIaxIi-8_DTYChJZ6wItbrO_4Nk1r08r3tkSKgRaLsoo-cnP4to=).

theheavens
09-13-2011, 01:50 PM
I just heard "Target Practice." Jus comes in right. sucks Stoupe isn't part of the group anymore, but who knows, he could come back in the future. anyway, the young producers they got are pretty damn talented themselves

Poet_Laureate
09-13-2011, 03:32 PM
Target Practice is dope. Stoupe will probably come back. Looking forward to album nonetheless.

OntheHorizon
09-13-2011, 07:31 PM
That song actually isnt bad, I like it

And I guessed that before the statement, you could easily see Stoupe was bored with hip hop the last few rap projects he put out, his work with the singers is 100 x's better because thats where his passion is, cant force summin if its not where your heart is at

etze
09-14-2011, 11:14 AM
mg1fZWJzyyA

Prime8
09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
mg1fZWJzyyA

Yawn.

The prod. is probably the best part of the song.
Jus Allah's new style is whack as fuck.
I'd rather listen to white noise.
And Vinnie's become so monotonous.
1 verse and you've heard them all.

I definetely won't be checking this out.
Or any other AOTP related releases, atleast in the near future.

The reason Violent By Design still gets spins is Stoupe.

Jin10304
09-14-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.rapreviews.com/

"Yes, I am evil
Not a hundred percent, but I am evil
Evil has always existed
The perfect world most people seek
shall never come to pass
And it's gonna get worse..."
The introduction may explain the philosophy of Vinnie Paz as well as any song he's done, but it doesn't BEGIN to explain what's going down on Jedi Mind Tricks' "Violence Begets Violence." While Vinnie Paz has been more than willing to embrace outside producers on his solo projects, the hallmark of albums like 2008's "A History of Violence" has been the deadly lethal musical production provided by Stoupe the Enemy of Mankind. To be fair we all had to know this couldn't last forever, and after a fourteen year run dating back to when Vinnie was called Ikon the Verbal Hologram, it's time for the Jedis to learn a few new tricks.

Yes, that's "Jedis" plural, because just like the last JMT album, you can count Jus Allah as a member of the crew. He was rolling as a member way back on their second studio album "Violent By Design" but amicably parted ways with JMT and was absent for the majority of their run on Babygrande Records. It appears that he's back for good now, though to be honest I disagree somewhat with my colleague Complejo that the group suffered without him. To me Vinnie Paz grew into his own as an emcee during the interim, becoming a true verbal pugilist who used the guttural flow of his esophagus to spit phlegmy acidic tracks on wax. In many ways he became the prototypical underground emcee - the rapper who would never look and sound pretty enough for the mainstream that honestly didn't give a FUCK if they ever liked him and rapped like it.

Throughout the fourteen tracks of "Violence Begets Violence," Paz continues to display the ferocity and anger that made him such a fixture of the underground, where self-styled nicknames like "O'Drama Bin Laden" seemed entirely apt. It's hard to argue he's not the star of the album given his penchant for foul-mouthed punchlines and visually disturbing imagery, but on tracks like the C-Lance produced "Burning the Mirror" we do see Jus Allah holding his own:

Paz: "I'm Kool G. Rap, Kaczynski and God wrapped in one
I keep a stupid bitch around me just to stash the gun
Fuck a crucifix, I'll use it just to stab a nun
What y'all have did is incomparable to what Paz has done
I'm Black Sabbath, you savages get a lashing tongue
I'm black magic and ravenous, you a passive crumb
I'm a Russian AK and youse a gatling gun
I only listen to black metal and raps from Pun"

Allah: "My babysitter hung herself, I was way too young to help
There's no way I coulda lifted her and strung the belt
Wish she coulda gave me somethin else, cruel summer
But I'm always elated to meet the newcomers
I like to stare at models, to compare brothels
Puttin air in bottles, sharin pot and Aristotle
With the baddest dime, inhalin the traffic line
And we don't talk about pastimes and astral signs"

Besides expanding their production sound beyond Stoupe, the group also features more cameos than on previous albums, many of which will be completely unexpected to the listener. Now you'd definitely expect members of the Official Pistol Gang like Demoz to rap on the Junior Makhno produced "When Crows Descend Upon You," and friends from Army of the Pharaohs like King Magnetic on "Imperial Tyranny." Those make perfect sense and they're flowing on typically hard hitting JMT beats. Things take a turn toward the Outsidaz though when Pacewon and Young Zee rap on "Design in Malice," then get REALLY wild when seminal Fu-Schnickens rapper Chip Fu helps the Jedis go Carribean in sound and style on "Chalice." The Illinformed melody may be mellow, but Paz is still spitting hard:

Paz: "Everybody think it's sweet is now Obama out here
He the third cousin of Bush, he lyin out here
You the lamb, I'm the motherfuckin lion out here
Where were y'all when my step-father dyin last year?
I'm once in a lifetime, Hailey's Comet out here
Gods and Earths and more as we Islamic out here, yeah"

The key to the success of "Violence Begets Violence" is the tracks that offer what Stoupe would do, even when Stoupe isn't there to do it. In that sense Nero may be best equipped to claim the title of his protege, because "BloodBorn Enemy" 99.9% captures his style, down to the eerie menacing sounds driving by you on the beat, and the feeling you're trapped in a pounding hip-hop horrorcore dungeon of doom, right down to the Rakim scratches in the chorus promising "a kill or be killed kind of attack." Shuko also shows himself to be a worthy replacement on "Weapon of Unholy Wrath," and even C-Lance captures his tendency to be brutal yet beautiful with "Willing a Destruction Onto Humanity." I was initially skeptical of a JMT album that didn't include ANY production by Stoupe, but "Violence Begets Violence" lives up to the standard set on previous albums and won't disappoint their large cult following.

Music Vibes: 8 of 10 Lyric Vibes: 8 of 10 TOTAL Vibes: 8 of 10

angry!
09-14-2011, 03:56 PM
cant blame vinnie...

he put it out there....

STOUPE is a maniac....

maybe hell find his way back, inspiration is unpredictable....

stoupe is one of the most underrated producers ever...

you gotta do what you wanna do...

it sucks... but if you got an open mind..

theyre all still making music....

and that single is DOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

hot sample, hot beat.. hot verses...

jus is coming for the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk shit about that verse... show yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime8
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
jus is coming for the haters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

talk shit about that verse... show yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His delivery and flow were awful.
The lyricism and rhyming were decent but his voice makes it almost unlistenable.

theheavens
09-14-2011, 04:17 PM
damn Rap reviews already has a review up! that was fast.

and Prime8, you must be a christian or something, because whenever lyrics trash the faith, you get pissed. and that was Jus Allah's OLD style, not his new shit. notice he doesn't do the "I am!" as frequently. you're the type of dude who hates socially conscious hip-hop and wants all music to be about the art. fuck that! Art for art's sake is gay as fuck. plus there's too much shit going on in the world for that nonsense. unless an MC has something significant to say, then STFU. don't care about "wack MCs" or "male bravado" anymore, my man. this ain't Rakim and Big Daddy Kane era no more!!

Politics Rules Everything Around Me (that's the state of mind in today's world)

angry!
09-14-2011, 04:38 PM

and Prime8, you must be a christian or something, because whenever lyrics trash the faith, you get pissed. and that was Jus Allah's OLD style, not his new shit. notice he doesn't do the "I am!" as frequently. you're the type of dude who hates socially conscious hip-hop and wants all music to be about the art. fuck that! Art for art's sake is gay as fuck. plus there's too much shit going on in the world for that nonsense. unless an MC has something significant to say, then STFU. don't care about "wack MCs" or "male bravado" anymore, my man. this ain't Rakim and Big Daddy Kane era no more!!

^^^^^^incoherent babbling from a white muslim...

jus allah isnt saving lives with his verses dipshit...

hes saying dope shit on a dope beat...

thats the appeal to JMT FOR ME.... check yourself!!!!!!!!!!

have a pulled pork sandwich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

prime...

you dont know shit about emceein...

or you were never a jus allah fan....

its a whole lotta kids that never even TRIED to rap dissing this niggas shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that delivery and flow... WAS SICK...

but you dont know how hard it is to project like that in a booth...

niggas sound gay on the mic now... with limp wrist hand motions to match...

you should try spitting a verse one day, itd give you a whole new perspective on this thing of ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime8
09-14-2011, 04:39 PM

You obviously mis-judged me.
I'm an atheist. I read the Bible at age 10, never bought into it.
I don't like '80s hip-hop, although I respect the artists from that era for their influence.
I like conscious hip-hop, but not the overly-political conspiracy nonsense, that a lot of artists do just to be controversial and try and come-off intelligent.

For example,
Everybody think it's sweet is now Obama out here //
He the third cousin of Bush, he lyin out here //

1. He rhymes "out here" with "out here".
2. That just isn't true....

As for his "style", I'm referring to how he's obviously changed his voice to try and sound more like Vinnie Paz.

You were saying... ?

angry!
09-14-2011, 04:44 PM
You obviously mis-judged me.
I'm an atheist. I read the Bible at age 10, never bought into it.
I don't like '80s hip-hop, although I respect the artists from that era for their influence.
I like conscious hip-hop, but not the overlu-political conspiracy nonsense.
As for his "style", I'm referring to how he's obviously changed his voice to try and sound more like Vinnie Paz.

You were saying... ?

you really think jus is trying to sound like vinnie!?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHA

go listen to VBD...

realize that was a TEENAGE jus... rapping into a cheesy mic...laying vocals in a BEDROOM....

fast forward 10-12 years... add 1000 blunts to the voice box... + a real studio mic in a real studio....

thats what jus allah sounds like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jus sounds like he stacked vocals after one take... nigga is a monster...

all good...

most niggas raggin on jus shit are the antithesis of hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime8
09-14-2011, 04:48 PM
you really think jus is trying to sound like vinnie!?!?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHA

go listen to VBD...

realize that was a TEENAGE jus... rapping into a cheesy mic...laying vocals in a BEDROOM....

fast forward 10-12 years... add 1000 blunts to the voice box... + a real studio mic in a real studio....

thats what jus allah sounds like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jus sounds like he stacked vocals after one take... nigga is a monster...

all good...

most niggas raggin on jus shit are the antithesis of hip hop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His flow on BSBD's debut album (2006) is dope, along with his verses on VbD.

[/youtube]uXGfntn8WdE[youtube]

The whole "overly-aggressive boom-bap" style is played out the max.

I honestly couldn't listen to an entire AoTP album without wanting to head-butt a landmine.

Soul Controller
09-14-2011, 04:58 PM
thanks for the video Etze.

Soul Controller
09-14-2011, 04:59 PM
aotps recent albums (if not last 3)have been superior than the last 2 jedi mind albuns

angry!
09-14-2011, 05:03 PM
His flow on BSBD's debut album (2006) is dope, along with his verses on VbD.

[/youtube]uXGfntn8WdE[youtube]

The whole "overly-aggressive boom-bap" style is played out the max.

I honestly couldn't listen to an entire AoTP album without wanting to head-butt a landmine.

yeah...

but you dont like 80s hip hop...

and most of your friends are afraid of the sun....

id be SHOCKED if you weighed more than 135 pounds...

you would get pummeled by a hood rat....

"i dont like 80s hip hop"

you think CAGE AND MR. EON was the golden age...

aka you DONT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime8
09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
yeah...

but you dont like 80s hip hop...

and most of your friends are afraid of the sun....

id be SHOCKED if you weighed more than 135 pounds...

you would get pummeled by a hood rat....

"i dont like 80s hip hop"

you think CAGE AND MR. EON was the golden age...

aka you DONT MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like '80s hip-hop, because it sounds "dated" to me.
I find it boring to listen to.

Then you jump to a random insult about my friends.... why?

Then you try to make a weight joke, but instead of calling me fat, you say I'm skinny....

Then you jump back to '80s hip-hop and decide that because I like Cage, I must think Cage and Mr. Eon(Who I've heard 0 tracks from, outside of Smut Peddlers' album) are an actual time-frame. When in-fact wouldn't make any sense seen as, I have tracks by Cage dating back to the late '80s.

Try a bit harder, next time.

V1LLAIN
09-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Jus Allah is a monster of an emcee, Hip Hop is lacking that now a days that rawness. Too much pussy nerd rap with boring no energy rhyme flows.

YO that TARGET PRACTICE joint is a fucking banger.

Mr. R&B
09-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I wonder if this album is going to follow the same pattern HMK did where if there aren't guest features on a track there's only one verse per MC with a hook or sample chorus wedged in between.

Hopefully there are some tracks that have some back and forths or joints with two verses by each.

I really hope that doesn't become common practice for Vin on group/collab albums.

youngdeck01
09-16-2011, 08:58 AM
i hope jus brings back the VBD flow but after hearing the first released track i dont think were going to get it...but im still beyond looking forward to it. hopefully stoupes minimal and almost 0 contribution on this album will spark interest for the next album. he made some of the best music i ever heard, so it s def a missing piece. but pac and the aotp albums were far from even decent beats. joints were fiya

oDoUoSoKo
09-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I fucks with Target Practice man

etze
09-16-2011, 10:32 AM
vinnie speaks on new JMT album + stoupe

http://www.jmthiphop.com/vinnie-paz-speaks-on-new-jedi-mind-tricks-album

dark side
09-17-2011, 11:23 AM
snippets of the album..sounds pretty dope to me.

theheavens
09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
I just heard the album snippets too. sounds like Jus went back to his old rapping style, not so much "I am!" rhetoric. the beats sound like the stuff on Season of the Assassin. some of them are a little repetitive but still good. and I guess the last track is another one of their "emotional songs."

on a side note: don't Vinnie and Jus get tired of their anti-christianity lyrics? I can't believe I'm saying this, maybe I need to slap myself. but "grab a crucifix, stab a nun" isn't even clever. the Heavenly Divine bashing was at least unique.

OntheHorizon
09-17-2011, 11:37 PM
I just heard the album snippets too. sounds like Jus went back to his old rapping style, not so much "I am!" rhetoric. the beats sound like the stuff on Season of the Assassin. some of them are a little repetitive but still good. and I guess the last track is another one of their "emotional songs."

on a side note: don't Vinnie and Jus get tired of their anti-christianity lyrics? I can't believe I'm saying this, maybe I need to slap myself. but "grab a crucifix, stab a nun" isn't even clever. the Heavenly Divine bashing was at least unique.

Vinny & Jus have been repeating the same thing over and over since "Violent By Design", eventually you run out of clever ways to say "Praise be to Allah, Philly in the building, Fuck Christianity, Bash Faggots & BBBBBRRRRRAAAAAPPPPPP"

rebelnyell
09-18-2011, 02:25 AM
Obviously Stoupe is very reserved and keeps to himself so we're probably not gonna be hearing his side of the story. I could speculate a few things though. Stoupe has been making hip-hop beats with Vinnie for 15+ years. Vinnie mentioned in his recent post that him and Jus were waiting on Stoupe for a creative burst of hip hop beats that never came. I think Stoupe has just progressed into a different style of production; at least for the time being. Here is a few words from Stoupe from one of his only interviews from around the time when Dutch's album was released. The questioner asked a question about how JMT and hip-hop fans in general would like this album.

"I'm not sure this is for everyone. It might not be for everyone. I'm not trying to make this for everyone. I just tried to make something that was in me, and that's what I kinda continue to try to do."

I personal respect Stoupe's outlook and how he remains true to himself. He isn't forcing anything out and quite frankly may be sick of producing hip-hop related tracks for JMT and maybe Vinnie basically just let him go because of this. Either way though it is disappointing that Stoupe won't be on this new JMT album but I will certainly be looking forward to another Stoupe related release no matter what genre it falls into. What other producers do you see out there having the ability to make beats for JMT, Canibus, etc. and then do trip-hop and opera vibed production for Dutch & Vespertina; very few which makes Stoupe a legend and top produce in my books.

Jin10304
09-18-2011, 05:23 AM
/\ Muggs has ventured into that type of terrain

oDoUoSoKo
09-18-2011, 10:34 AM
btw...Target Practice has been on serious rotation eloels

JASPER
09-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Stoupe is dope as fuck, Jus and Vinnie Paz are faggots and make faggot rap. I listened to a few tracks and all I can say is meh. Meh. Boring.

theheavens
09-18-2011, 02:20 PM
if Stoupe started rhyming and said the same anti-whatever shit vinnie and jus were saying, you'd think he was a fag too. but he's got a safe haven behind the boards

JASPER
09-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Probably. But thank god he doesn't and sticks to making beats. To be fair, I don't like 99% of all rappers. So many dick ass boring emcees.

rebelnyell
09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
/\ Muggs has ventured into that type of terrain

I haven't listened to much of Muggs beside for his stuff with Cypress, Ill Bill, and a few other tracks here and there. Would you mind recommending any stuff he's done in other genres or styles that isn't just a remix? Thanks

GhettoGnom
09-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I haven't listened to much of Muggs beside for his stuff with Cypress, Ill Bill, and a few other tracks here and there. Would you mind recommending any stuff he's done in other genres or styles that isn't just a remix? Thanks

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TWtS0SVIgQI/TJ0AAyTUG_I/AAAAAAAABCo/vk0_2VZqUAk/s1600/6.jpg

rY2_wXH53-g
TqTmVe53sxw

rebelnyell
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
thanks GhettoGnom, i'll have to check out the whole album and listen to it in its entirety. I like the second track better than the first but I'm going to have to give it all a few listens.