PDA

View Full Version : The world still thinks that Americans are the coolest

netscape check two
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
LONDON (Reuters) - They may be witnessing their global superpower influence decline in the face of challenges from other emerging players on the world stage, but Americans have been voted the world's "coolest nationality" in an international poll.

Social networking site Badoo.com (http://www.badoo.com) asked 30,000 people across 15 countries to name the coolest nationality and also found that the Spanish were considered the coolest Europeans, Brazilians the coolest Latin Americans and Belgians the globe's least cool nationality.

"We hear a lot in the media about anti-Americanism," says Lloyd Price, Badoo's Director of Marketing. "But we sometimes forget how many people across the world consider Americans seriously cool."

Of course, not all Americans are cool far from it. Some like Snoop Dogg, Lady Gaga, Samuel L. Jackson, Johnny Depp and Quentin Tarantino are way cooler than others.

Americans, however, are the dudes who invented cool and who still embody it in many fields from music to movies and TV to technology.

"America," says Price, "boasts the world's coolest leader, Obama; the coolest rappers, Jay-Z and Snoop Dogg; and the coolest man in technology, Steve Jobs of Apple, the man who even made geeks cool."

Brazilians are ranked the second coolest nationality in the Badoo poll and the coolest Latin Americans, ahead of Mexicans and Argentinians. The Spanish, in third place, are the coolest Europeans.

The French are voted cooler than the British, and Canadians cooler than the Belgians. This may come as a relief for Canadians, who are sometimes viewed as chronically uncool.

Or, as Michael Ignatieff, the Canadian politician, once put it: "Paris, Texas stands as a metaphor for broken dreams; Paris, Saskatchewan just sounds ridiculous."

--THE TEN COOLEST NATIONALITIES:

1. Americans

2. Brazilians

3. Spanish

4. Italians

5. French

6. British

7. Dutch

8. Mexicans

9. Argentinians

10. Russians

--The five least coolest:

1. Belgians

2. Poles

3. Turks

4. Canadians

5. Germans

Zhang Sanfeng
09-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I know some Germans that would be pissed seeing this news. Shits funny as fuck.

CEITEDMOFO
09-06-2011, 07:27 PM
COLOMBIANs ARE COOLER THAN THOSE BRAZILIAN TRANNiES

MaskedAvenger
09-06-2011, 07:31 PM
^ ahahah

Dokuro
09-06-2011, 07:33 PM
hahahahahhah

sig

ShaDynasty
09-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Funny cos its based on people watching pussy actors pretending to be bad ass. If the film industry didn't exist America would be bottom of the list.

Soul Controller
09-07-2011, 12:13 AM
anyone know which family owns reuters?(and cnn)

Fresh
09-07-2011, 03:24 AM
i dont think being cool is a big accomplishment. it relates to inflated egos it seems. seems this list think being cool means purposely standing out and flaunting yourself

like the top 6 are americans, brazilians, spanish, italians, french and british. the stereotype of these countries (except brazil probably) are flashy well known countries. (how british is on that list i dont know).... they dont even have cool stereotype

what about qualities like humbleness and modesty, like Finland or thailand or china

just rambling i guess

SKAMPOE
09-07-2011, 12:29 PM
hahahaha @ CHRONICALLY uncool Canadians, i know a hand full of Canadians who are super cool wtf

BDZ
Ern Dawgy
peace to them niggaz

Uncle Steezo
09-07-2011, 12:39 PM
dear sosa,
we invented hip hop, jazz, rock n roll, rnb and the blues...regardless of the film industry we are the coolest people on the planet.

Uncle Steezo
09-07-2011, 12:40 PM
TKUDRW9EA2c

J-Cee
09-07-2011, 01:12 PM
AXgnItLLgwA&feature=related

Frank Sobotka
09-07-2011, 01:15 PM
i dont think being cool is a big accomplishment. it relates to inflated egos it seems. seems this list think being cool means purposely standing out and flaunting yourself

like the top 6 are americans, brazilians, spanish, italians, french and british. the stereotype of these countries (except brazil probably) are flashy well known countries. (how british is on that list i dont know).... they dont even have cool stereotype

what about qualities like humbleness and modesty, like Finland or thailand or china

just rambling i guess
I guess those riots helped get rid of some bad stereotypes.

Netherlands is 7 I think we're known for humbleness & modesty.
Well it's mostly known for weed, but that's not a characteristic.

SKAMPOE
09-07-2011, 01:27 PM
TKUDRW9EA2c
great flick
saw this on the weekend:can:

drippie k
09-07-2011, 03:53 PM
haha thats awesome spaniards are up there

it's cuz we got the 2nd best athletes in the world..the best soccer team(s), the best foreign basketball team/league, the best tennis player, one of the best formula one racers, big name actors and actresses popular in hollywood, one the most popular tourist destinations, best european girls (cuz they don't rly look like a stereotypical european lol)

netscape check two
09-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Grown Ups was not a great movie by any means lol

JASPER
09-07-2011, 04:51 PM
dear sosa,
we invented hip hop, jazz, rock n roll, rnb and the blues...regardless of the film industry we are the coolest people on the planet.I thought Hip Hop came from Jamaica. Kool Herc basically invented it.

I guess those riots helped get rid of some bad stereotypes.

Netherlands is 7 I think we're known for humbleness & modesty.
Well it's mostly known for weed, but that's not a characteristic.
This guy kept us in the top 10

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/ea9dbf74.jpg

theheavens
09-07-2011, 04:58 PM
dear sosa,
we invented hip hop, jazz, rock n roll, rnb and the blues...regardless of the film industry we are the coolest people on the planet.

to quote Tarantino: "with the help of Negro sweat"

ShaDynasty
09-07-2011, 07:04 PM
dear sosa,

Thats 'African Americans', not 'Americans'.

I kinda don't believe in patriotism though. Some talented individuals came up with that music.

Its like we send a guy into space, I don't think 'we' went to space, its bullshit I had nothing to do with it, its bullshit to claim someone elses success as your own. 'greatest country in the world', whatever it has no relevance to anyones day to day life.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
wait...African Americans aren't Americans?

White Americans BEEN doin this cool shit...the original rebels, tellin those stuffy Brits to shove it, fuckin Wyatt Eary and Doc Holliday, John Dillinger, Al Capone, Dean Martin, muscle cars, '57 Chevys, James Dean....

Bow to EVERYTHING that is American you unworthy faggots.

You don't deserve the coolness we allow to vibrate outside of our borders.

ShaDynasty
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM

I was just being specific

White Americans BEEN doin this cool shit...the original rebels, tellin those stuffy Brits to shove it, fuckin Wyatt Eary and Doc Holliday, John Dillinger, Al Capone, Dean Martin, muscle cars, '57 Chevys, James Dean....

Bow to EVERYTHING that is American you unworthy faggots.

You don't deserve the coolness we allow to vibrate outside of our borders.

Its bullshit though, those people came from Europe and Africa. A bunch of pricks thought it was their right to take land from the natives. Theres nothing cool about 'America', its a fucking corporation pressing licence plates. Vince Vaughan is a pretty cool guy though.

And my comment is still valid, YOU are not an american gangster and you share about as much connection with Wyatt Earp as you do with my grandma.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-07-2011, 08:32 PM
What the fuck you talkin about?

ur a fucking DRAAAAAG dude, thats why you weren't voted coolest.

cool people dont give a fuck about who pissed on a rock first....they take your formerlly pissy rock and make everyone want it because made it look like a much cooler pissy rock.

faggot, u must be british...

did you kno the current brits didnt originally inhabit britain???

OMG OMG!!

Uncle Steezo
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
hahahahaha thats another sign of being cool...HATERS.

ShaDynasty
09-07-2011, 08:49 PM
What the fuck you talkin about?

ur a fucking DRAAAAAG dude, thats why you weren't voted coolest.

cool people dont give a fuck about who pissed on a rock first....they take your formerlly pissy rock and make everyone want it because made it look like a much cooler pissy rock.

faggot, u must be british...

did you kno the current brits didnt originally inhabit britain???

OMG OMG!!

haha, if you get it, then why would you be patriotic, theres no logic to it, ally yourself to a country. Its stupid, ally yourself to friends, to a common goal, an idea etc. Not a country that has horror and evil in its past, and whose majority of people fundamentally disagree with what you stand for, whose government is going to try and continually fuck you over.

Its not a dig at America, I love the place and I have relatives and friends there and everything. I'll be in New York in December. What i'm saying goes for any country - patriotism is a bad idea.

EAGLE EYE
09-07-2011, 10:00 PM
How has TSA not posted in this thread yet?

Uncle Steezo
09-07-2011, 10:06 PM
what sosa says is true. but thats also why black folks and other ethnic groups in america really don't claim the USA like that unless its in the face of non-americans.

my pops uses the term african-american even when talking to other black folks and it makes me cringe every time he does.

on a deeper level...we all (higher selves) incarnate into various races (various alien hybrid dna constructs) for the experience. and we do so simultaneously, not only vertically but horizontally. meaning that, personally, i am a 35 yo black american but i am also a 60 mongol from the ming dynasty era, a victorian era cracker, and a sumerian teen, etc all at the same time, since my higer self exists in a dimension above the 4th dimension of time.

#boilingurbrains

Uncle Steezo
09-07-2011, 10:07 PM
How has TSA not posted in this thread yet?
duru has ascended.

BASCO
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
http://www.mediafreedominternational.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/1488222_orig.jpg

harper got more swag than obama fuck what u heard

Robert
09-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Belgium is hardly even a country.

CEITEDMOFO
09-07-2011, 11:15 PM
AMERICA WINs BECAUSE OF THIS MOMENT
TfrU0xW4bqY

qL8-rw6BLZk
Best walk-out by a president... ever.

dre3k2 4 months ago 23

EAGLE EYE
09-07-2011, 11:53 PM
AMERICA WINs BECAUSE OF THIS MOMENT
TfrU0xW4bqY

qL8-rw6BLZk
Best walk-out by a president... ever.

dre3k2 4 months ago 23

hahahaha

J-Cee
09-08-2011, 01:06 AM
cool....

Olive Oil Goombah
09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
haha, if you get it, then why would you be patriotic, theres no logic to it, ally yourself to a country. Its stupid, ally yourself to friends, to a common goal, an idea etc. Not a country that has horror and evil in its past, and whose majority of people fundamentally disagree with what you stand for, whose government is going to try and continually fuck you over.

Its not a dig at America, I love the place and I have relatives and friends there and everything. I'll be in New York in December. What i'm saying goes for any country - patriotism is a bad idea.

You assume im some flag waving patriot.

why, i have no idea.

Your whole Mayflower Yankee thing/insult is hilarious too.

its only shows how little you know of the diversity of American culture.

You're too much into generalities.

InsurgenT
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
LONDON (Reuters) - They may be witnessing their global superpower influence decline in the face of challenges from other emerging players on the world stage, but Americans have been voted the world's "coolest nationality" in an international poll.
http://i56.tinypic.com/m97ns7.gif

theheavens
09-08-2011, 05:54 PM

NOPE

they don't wish to be associated with Aryan faggots. can't blame them

Shogah
09-08-2011, 06:21 PM
dear sosa,

You mean the blacks?

Frank Sobotka
09-08-2011, 07:45 PM
NOPE

they don't wish to be associated with Aryan faggots. can't blame themWe will only consider your request if you stop associating american americans with europeans.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
09-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Admittedly we're collectively better than everyone else.

Fuck Djibouti. Fuck Myanmar. Fuck Rhodesia. Fuck Singapore. Fuck France. Fuck Belarus. Fuck ... etc.

EAGLE EYE
09-08-2011, 09:13 PM
WE have Stamos

http://imstars.aufeminin.com/stars/fan/john-stamos/john-stamos-20070816-298953.jpg

We have Bieber

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPCvXkTbpvIbQzKfNpYQo3MTlXe5GEV xgoqTk3xLUzQu3TKK3y7Q

and we have RAE

http://c438342.r42.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/raekwon-2011.jpg

why even compete??

Mumm Ra
09-08-2011, 09:23 PM
pMmuSRhfBWw

CEITEDMOFO
09-08-2011, 09:25 PM
http://www.frommymama.com/pics/1612.jpg

netscape check two
09-08-2011, 09:43 PM
^^
Why is Jalen Rose wearing an outfit like that?

CEITEDMOFO
09-08-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.frommymama.com/pics/763.jpg

theheavens
09-09-2011, 12:35 AM
without black people, america would still look like this...

http://www.weetstraw.com/images/articles/152/rural-america-010.jpg

eww gross! black folks brought some swagger to this potato-eating-protestant-worshiping country. blacks (and catholics) made america cool. period.

netscape check two
09-09-2011, 12:41 AM
lol @ thinking swagger is cool to say

EAGLE EYE
09-09-2011, 12:46 AM
is it me or do the self-hating people from any ethnicity just get weird looks or become completely dismissed by the rest of society?

doesn't seem very ALPHA MALE

might mean you are someone else's BITCH on the reg bro

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/kenny-powers-braids.jpg

theheavens
09-09-2011, 02:47 AM
tell me about it...

http://www.outlookindia.com/images/bobby_fischer_obit_20080118.jpg

RALPH WIGGUM
09-09-2011, 06:22 AM
Seems pretty accurate except the germans should be lower.

JASPER
09-09-2011, 06:41 AM
is it me or do the self-hating people from any ethnicity just get weird looks or become completely dismissed by the rest of society?

doesn't seem very ALPHA MALE

might mean you are someone else's BITCH on the reg bro

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/kenny-powers-braids.jpgIt's a European thing. Where pride is seen as racism.

CEITEDMOFO
09-09-2011, 07:42 AM
OP FAILEd FOR THINKING AMERICA STOPPED BEING COOL BECAUSE OF DEBT

Soul Controller
09-09-2011, 08:35 AM
reuters failed, conditioning peoples, really check who owns reuters, what family it is, and the propaganda they have spread through reuters and CNN,.

all this coolest shit is LAME

individuals can be cool. but fuck a whole country being cool,.
unless its antartica or its northern cousin*edit these are continents.. my nerdness levels are failing :(

theheavens
09-09-2011, 02:44 PM
It's a European thing. Where pride is seen as racism.

John Walker and Bobby Fischer had the right idea.

You obviously don't.

EAGLE EYE
09-09-2011, 03:51 PM
reuters failed, conditioning peoples, really check who owns reuters, what family it is, and the propaganda they have spread through reuters and CNN,.

all this coolest shit is LAME

individuals can be cool. but fuck a whole country being cool,.
unless its antartica or its northern cousin*edit these are continents.. my nerdness levels are failing :(

rXYtAGCex9U

Olive Oil Goombah
09-09-2011, 04:09 PM
NOPE

they don't wish to be associated with Aryan faggots. can't blame them

I'm one hundred percent convinced you are white and from the suburbs of Detroit now.

IrOnMaN
09-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm one hundred percent convinced you are white and from the suburbs of Detroit now.

I doubt that!

I have a term for you guys: Artificial Negative Reinforcement

America has been injected with enough of that due to the media and people's negative views and opinions in regards to race, sex, and religion. It has been expressed for sometime now. Think about it.

EAGLE EYE
09-09-2011, 09:48 PM
stop ending all your posts with "Think About it"

what the fuck are you? a PBS or after school special?

main_man
09-09-2011, 10:47 PM
cant argue with fact, right?

http://www.captain-america.us/images/moviestars/rambo_captain_america.jpg

IrOnMaN
09-10-2011, 11:14 AM
stop ending all your posts with "Think About it"

what the fuck are you? a PBS or after school special?

That's the problem, Rob. People aren't thinking today. You allow technology, the media, and entertainment to control your lives. If those materials came to a stop or if there was a nation blackout that lasted for two weeks, people would kill yourselves. Look at what happened when the Playstation Network shutdown. People lost their minds. It's not like people love education anymore.

What's wrong with reading books?

EAGLE EYE
09-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Hahaha

Half of wucorp Did attempt to kill themselves when PSN went down.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
That's the problem, Rob. People aren't thinking today. You allow technology, the media, and entertainment to control your lives. If those materials came to a stop or if there was a nation blackout that lasted for two weeks, people would kill yourselves. Look at what happened when the Playstation Network shutdown. People lost their minds. It's not like people love education anymore.

http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/files/2009/07/burton_levar.jpg

SKAMPOE
09-10-2011, 06:29 PM
debt just makes us evn cooler cuz shhiiiet we make all the other nationz run they shit, come out they pocket like NIKKA!
http://cdn.babble.com/famecrawler/files/2009/07/burton_levar.jpg

CEITEDMOFO
09-10-2011, 06:42 PM
BESIDEs STAMOS WE GOT CLARK DUKE
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/images/clark-duke.jpg
esfMxC5HML4

JASPER
09-10-2011, 06:46 PM

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/fbba3745.gif