PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Tech: world's most dangerous artist?

theheavens
09-14-2011, 09:03 PM
“You’ve symbolized the voice of truth all around the world in the name of rap and Hip-Hop.” – Public Enemy legend Chuck D regarding Immortal Technique

“There’s a reason that n*gga picks his pen up.” – Rap OG Ice-T on Immortal Technique

[At Rock The Bells], you can see motherf*cking Immortal Technique dropping true wisdom out of his heart…risking his life to be here.” – RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2011/09/12/22878998.aspx

"when rappers spit knowledge, they think you're being preachy. but rappers who talk about nothing preach too -- they saying 'I got money and you don't, dumbass, so buy my shit like a good hoe!" -- Immortal Tech

watch that shit. he talks about a free project he's releasing with Green Lantern, Vinnie Paz, Brother Ali, Styles P, Dead Prez -- coming in October supposedly. a bunch of original tracks.

He also talks about listening to Wu Tang and owning a WU BAT when he was young. yes, a baseball bat he beat the shit out of people with like the fucking Jew Bear or some shit haha

CEITEDMOFO
09-14-2011, 09:06 PM
RISKiNG HIS LIFE ? GTFo

EAGLE EYE
09-14-2011, 09:12 PM
HAHAhAHAHAHHAhaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHA

Mumm Ra
09-14-2011, 11:13 PM
immortal tech does a dope live show but i never got into his music

THE W
09-15-2011, 12:12 AM
i dont know about being dangerous but he's definitely dope and is about his business.

OntheHorizon
09-15-2011, 06:54 AM
In order to be dangerous people have to be aware of you first

Public Enemy caused such a ruckus because they were on MTV and touring with huge bands like Anthrax spreading their message

Tech is completely Unknown outside the world of the internet and underground Rap Circles

Plus he doesnt release a whole lot of music either, last shit I heard from him was that mixtape with Green Lantern and how long ago was that??

No disrespect because I dig his shit but I just dont think he's really all that dangerous, lol, Obama and Bush Jr. Dont sweat this dude like Reagan and Bush Sr. Sweated Public Enemy, because he doest exist to them

angry!
09-15-2011, 07:57 AM
IT has effectively duped the hacky sack, and flip flop, rap fans into thinking hes leading a real revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"he bought a farm in afghanistan!!!!!!!" - white muslim vegan rap fan

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the revolution leads right to your pockets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he hasnt dropped an album since rev. 2....

cuz the hacky sack and iced mocha rap fans cant get enough of this nigga live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he really needs to write a book... on how to pimp the underground markets...

dude is a hustler... super intelligent... he makes moves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant blame him...

why take the studio time...

when you can keep traveling non stop making money on shit you already recorded!?!?!?!!?

but ima school you for a sec...

KRS ONE really was changing the hood...

the conscious levels, were increasing, when KRS was THE MAN...

IT has kids in college, with parents paying their tuition... waking up to the idea bush was a bad person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT EVEN CLOSE DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krs one had the hood growing a collective conscious... that scared mainstream media...

and thats why mass media took him out!!!!!!!!!!

anybody saying "krs is corny... krs is annoying... he thinks hes the god of rap...blah blah blah"... has been worked by the smear campaign, initiated by rolling stone magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

main_man
09-15-2011, 08:06 AM
good to see you, angry!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2CnQWIZQ3NY/R3gMBEtQCPI/AAAAAAAAAb0/67G14gwXRT0/s320/pe.jpg

and for real, tech needs to drop a goddamn album.
its been a minute.

Prime8
09-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Is this a joke?

THE W
09-15-2011, 11:18 AM
KRS one and PE came out in a time when hiphop was relatively new to the maintream and the tentacles of corporations had yet to seize and control the message and image of hiphop. any message at that time would have commercially prevailed and KRS and PE took advantage of that for as long as they could. then came NWA, dre and snoop, puff daddy, no limit, cash money, etc. black people stopped listening to what KRS and PE had to say almost 20 years ago.

by the time immortal technique got to speak his piece the game had already been thoroughly mindfucked. the only people who are checking for a message that doesnt involve bitches and bling are mostly white folk. you think black people are flocking to PE and KRS one shows in 2011? the significant majority of music consumers who are black are checking for lil wayne, kanye west, and niki minaj.

PE and KRS are also out doing various projects around the world so whats wrong with IT building a farm or a school in afghanistan? if anything it shows that he's doing more than just rapping about making a difference and actually going out and doing it.

its not really IT's fault that the consumer has turned a deaf ear to a conscious message. dont hate the player, hate the game.

angry!
09-15-2011, 11:58 AM
KRS one and PE came out in a time when hiphop was relatively new to the maintream and the tentacles of corporations had yet to seize and control the message and image of hiphop. any message at that time would have commercially prevailed and KRS and PE took advantage of that for as long as they could. then came NWA, dre and snoop, puff daddy, no limit, cash money, etc. black people stopped listening to what KRS and PE had to say almost 20 years ago.

by the time immortal technique got to speak his piece the game had already been thoroughly mindfucked. the only people who are checking for a message that doesnt involve bitches and bling are mostly white folk. you think black people are flocking to PE and KRS one shows in 2011? the significant majority of music consumers who are black are checking for lil wayne, kanye west, and niki minaj.

PE and KRS are also out doing various projects around the world so whats wrong with IT building a farm or a school in afghanistan? if anything it shows that he's doing more than just rapping about making a difference and actually going out and doing it.

its not really IT's fault that the consumer has turned a deaf ear to a conscious message. dont hate the player, hate the game.

take off the flip flops...

im not gonna award ANYBODY with "hip hops most dangerous artist"... because im not in the business of SELLING RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats something you slap on a CD sticker to move units....

KRS ONE was ACTUALLY changing the world he CAME FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now IT is a real nigga...

been to hell and back...

and now hes made something of himself....

I SALUTE THE GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but if youre gonna make gross generalizations....

most die hard, immortal technique fans... that admire his work outside the booth... and hold him up as some type of cultural icon...

ARE DUMB, PRIVILEGED... KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"dont drink that water man... its poison!!!!!!" *pulls cig* - <<< avg. die hard tech fan

he has a cult base... that will always be there...

and he knows how to capitalize on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why he should write a book...

along with the fellas behind insane clown posse...

they know their fanbase... and they eat very well off it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you think IT has gotten any letters from the fed!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!

NAH...

cuz his die hards, like theheavens...

will tell you all day how dangerous and brave he is....

as they line up to see him... glassy eyed, with no original thought in their head....

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!

IT must laugh behind the scenes...

you cant lead a revolution when your front line soliders are built like the columbine shooters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"IT is the most dangerous artist alive... he raps about real issues that could get him killed, unlike bitch little wayne" - standard IT youtube comment...

its mystifying...

hes VERY INTELLIGENT...

but his core fans for the most part... LACK MATURITY and INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!

i have no desire to ever see IT live again... and its not cuz hes not dope live....

its cuz the shit turns into professional wrestling, with IT cutting promos on stage for the rebel kiddies that came to see him!!!!!!!!!

front row losing their mind....

looking like a pimple factory....

he feeds into it...

its on some alex jones shit JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prime8
09-15-2011, 12:11 PM
I agree with angry!
Except I think I.T. is a moron.
Pseudo-intellectual political ramblings, while not being able to stay on beat.

Prime8
09-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Sorry, double posted.

THE W
09-15-2011, 12:35 PM

take off the flip flops...

im not gonna award ANYBODY with "hip hops most dangerous artist"... because im not in the business of SELLING RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats something you slap on a CD sticker to move units....

i dont agree with the statement either but you're making too much out of a silly hyperbolic statement made by someone who would probably double back if asked about it.

but if you're gonna make gross generalizations....

most die hard, immortal technique fans... that admire his work outside the booth... and hold him up as some type of cultural icon...

ARE DUMB, PRIVILEGED... KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you think this isnt KRS's audience these days?

"dont drink that water man... its poison!!!!!!" *pulls cig* - <<< avg. die hard tech fan

KRS thinks 9-11 was an inside job too. he's also given IT props on what he's doing and they share the same audience. this aint the late 80's early 90s anymore fam.

he has a cult base... that will always be there...

and he knows how to capitalize on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why he should write a book...

along with the fellas behind insane clown posse...

they know their fanbase... and they eat very well off it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geez. talk about "smear campeigns" and "gross generalizations"... these things can easily be applied to KRS1.

you think IT has gotten any letters from the fed!?!?!?!?!?!!?!!?!?!

NAH...

why would he? no one listens to or follows him(or chris) so he's not a threat.

cuz his die hards, like theheavens...

will tell you all day how dangerous and brave he is....

as they line up to see him... glassy eyed, with no original thought in their head....

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!

IT must laugh behind the scenes...

you cant lead a revolution when your front line soliders are built like the columbine shooters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmhm...

"IT is the most dangerous artist alive... he raps about real issues that could get him killed, unlike bitch little wayne" - standard IT youtube comment...

its mystifying...

hes VERY INTELLIGENT...

but his core fans for the most part... LACK MATURITY and INTELLIGENCE!!!!!!!!!

i have no desire to ever see IT live again... and its not cuz hes not dope live....

its cuz the shit turns into professional wrestling, with IT cutting promos on stage for the rebel kiddies that came to see him!!!!!!!!!

uh huh..

front row losing their mind....

looking like a pimple factory....

he feeds into it...

its on some alex jones shit JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRS1 actually appeared on the alex jones show once..

theheavens
09-15-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think the dude is really a threat to anybody. sadly, more people hear Nicki Minaj music than Tech. Eminem made a diss toward Bush or whatever in one song and the Feds contacted him immediately. why? because he's actually well known and has more listeners. they weren't going to waste their time with an underground rapper nobody knows.

the guy isn't saving lines, but he's doing something meaningful with his life. I guess Onyx shouting about "thug shit" is more respected in hip-hop circles, but those are the 85 Percenters talking...like angry!

angry!
09-15-2011, 01:04 PM
its 2011.....THERE IS NO DANGER IN HIP HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most of these faggot rappers, will catch HIV before a bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRS ONE WAS the most dangerous rapper alive!!!!!!!!!!!

and thats why he get SNUFFED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why youre disrespecting the GOD...

"this aint the 80's or 90's anymore...."

YEAH....

and thats why tech... the biggest POLITICAL RAPPER ALIVE, aint change nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rap lost its power when it got sold the fuck out...

youre a good representation of IT super fans.... blinded... so sure... all knowing...

ICE T...

the dude who really caught heat for recordings...

now works as a police officer on LAW AND ORDER....

THATS WHERE THE GAME IS JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

its DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT is a rolling circus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeing IT hate on america live....

is comparable to watching gallagher smash some fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gimmick played to perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$

Frank Sobotka
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
*Dead*

Was listening to revolutionary vol. 1 for the first time in years last week and there was a 5 minute track where he just talked...

Dance with the devil has got to be one of the most overrated tracks of all time.
It's a great track but 90% of the time it's brought up it's because it's an obvious story track that stand out because it's longer than most tracks and you can easily pick it out of the tracklist.

THE W
09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
its 2011.....THERE IS NO DANGER IN HIP HOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

most of these faggot rappers, will catch HIV before a bullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KRS ONE WAS the most dangerous rapper alive!!!!!!!!!!!

and thats why he get SNUFFED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats why youre disrespecting the GOD...

"this aint the 80's or 90's anymore...."

YEAH....

and thats why tech... the biggest POLITICAL RAPPER ALIVE, aint change nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rap lost its power when it got sold the fuck out...

youre a good representation of IT super fans.... blinded... so sure... all knowing...

ICE T...

the dude who really caught heat for recordings...

now works as a police officer on LAW AND ORDER....

THATS WHERE THE GAME IS JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

its DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT is a rolling circus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seeing IT hate on america live....

is comparable to watching gallagher smash some fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gimmick played to perfection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$
thanx for pointing out what i already said in my initial post in this discussion.

the game has changed and no one is listening to any conscious rap from anyone. IT, KRS, public enemy, nobody. IT will never have the impact KRS1 did in the late 80s cuz the game isnt suited for something like that to happen again.

labels arent gonna back you, the radio isnt gonna play you, and MTV and BET arent playing your videos unless you're on some bo-janglin blingybling gangsta shit or some retrosexual happy-go-lucky dumbshit.

IT is doing what he believes in because its what he's passionate about. there's no point in someone keeping up a gimmick thats gonna render them an artist that hardly anyone listens to.

EAGLE EYE
09-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Lmao @ the IT / Gallagher comparison

spiggity_ace
09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
*Dead*

Was listening to revolutionary vol. 1 for the first time in years last week and there was a 5 minute track where he just talked...

Dance with the devil has got to be one of the most overrated tracks of all time.
It's a great track but 90% of the time it's brought up it's because it's an obvious story track that stand out because it's longer than most tracks and you can easily pick it out of the tracklist.

i like the beat of the track itself more than the lyrics, and my fav part of dance with the devil is the hidden track at the end

theheavens
09-15-2011, 06:13 PM
I'll be honest...no MC is powerful enough to make a political/social/religious difference, period. ok maybe Tupac had a decent chance, but that's it. fact is, no matter how clever their lyrics may be, the general population (rap haters) will not take hip-hop seriously.

the Library of Congress, which is old as dirt and has millions of films/music/books in their collection, has only inducted 3(!!) hip-hop songs into their entire library so far. no respect.

CEITEDMOFO
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
IF THAT WAS A REAL RZA QOUTE THAN IM SURE HE WAS SARCASTIc

EAGLE EYE
09-15-2011, 07:29 PM
ROFL, BLACK PPL DONT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF SARCASM. IT'S KiND OF A CAUCASIAN THING BROSEPH GRIBBLE.

NIGHT MAYOR
09-16-2011, 03:34 AM
tech is gangster, end of discussion.

zdlM4XHqNNo

Sky Blue Bally Kid
09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Immortal Technique Documentary "The (R)evolution of Immortal Technique" Begins Festival Circuit

Immortal Technique Documentary

Exclusive: The New York emcee's documentary hit the Harlem Film Festival, and portrays the life of an underground Hip Hip juggernaut.

New York’s Immortal Technique premiered his documentary, The (R)evolution of Immortal Technique, recently during The Harlem Film Festival in New York Public Library’s Schomburg Center.

Filmed and edited over a six year span, (R)evolution follows the Peruvian born lyricist as he tours cities and countries, sharing his message, music and experiences with supporters all across the globe. The 60 minute documentary also shows Immortal Technique discussing Hip Hop and social issues with rapper/actor, Ice-T, Dr. Cornell West, Public Enemy’s Chuck D and others.

“You symbolize the voice of truth all around the world in the name of rap music and Hip Hop,” Chuck D says of Technique. “Because, you know in rap, when you see something [you] say something, right?”

Born Felipe Coronel, Immortal Technique has released three critically acclaimed albums to date (Revolutionary Volume 1, Revolutionary Volume 2 and The 3rd World with DJ Green Lantern) and is approaching the release of his fourth, The Middle Passage. Each of his projects has been released without the aid of major record labels, something he not only values, but advocates. “The record label does a lot of things for people,” Technique says in the documentary.

“It buys them beats. It buys them studio time. It pays for cars. It buys them video spots. It buys them radio play. And let’s get real, it buys them women. It buys them coke. It buys them weed. It buys them cars. It buys them chains. It buys them watches. And sometimes they even pay for other people to write the verses for you. So all you really did was go in there in a booth and spit a verse that somebody else wrote for you, somebody else designed for you, and you expect to get paid a lot for that? Get the fuck out of here. If you’re gonna act like a puppet then don’t get mad when someone stick’s their fucking hand up your ass. I’m nobody’s puppet. I control me.”

The film also details Technique’s philanthropic endeavors, highlighted with his 2008 partnership with Omeid International -- a non-profit organization charged with providing children in Afghanistan with safe housing, health care and education. Technique donated $60 thousand to the construction of an orphanage, the Amin Institute, in Kabul and has been instrumental in raising additional funds for the school and medical facility.

“When I first met the people of Omeid International, I saw how committed they are,” says Technique. “That’s what led to the creation of the Amin Institute.”

The (R)evolution Of Immortal Technique was directed by Cary Stewart and is currently without official distribution.

Source - http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16901/title.immortal-technique-documentary-the-revolution-of-immortal-technique-begins-festival-circuit

JASPER
09-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Is this a joke?
I hope so.

theheavens
09-18-2011, 01:16 PM
Technique donated $60 thousand to the construction of an orphanage, the Amin Institute, in Kabul and has been instrumental in raising additional funds for the school and medical facility.

that's not "hard" so people on here don't care about that stuff. glad they got their priorities right......