PDA

View Full Version : older or younger mc ?

begga_ooh
10-25-2005, 10:47 PM
ghost performed at howards homecoming and said a huge percent of college kids were babies when wu hit back in the early 90 s....
how old is really old...these 35 year old dudes still doing it....whos better the older mcs or the younger mcs ?
jay z stated that it aint cool to be 40 and just starting out as a rapper...hahah
lets be real now.....60...was like 40 when sunz of man dropped and he one of the illest i know....whos better overall...young or old?

Cheech Da WildKard
10-26-2005, 06:12 AM
Most of the "older" ( 30+ ) are better, but there's definitely some talented younger MCs too..

Stic.man4president?
10-26-2005, 06:55 AM
damn I didnt know 60 sec was +- 40 when the first sunz of man came out

Kennings
10-30-2005, 06:22 PM
Most of the "older" ( 30+ ) are better, but there's definitely some talented younger MCs too..
true, but you also gotta look into how ill they were when they were younger...

like nas dropped Illmatic when he was 18, jay-z's better album was his first w. reasonable doubt, busta def was sicker when he was younger and in that group I forget, kool g rap, eminem, snoop, etc.

I think the only reason young cats today arent as good as young cats back then is b.c of where hiphop is now compared to where it was then.

But emcees like Wu-tang & Killah Priest I would say are better odl is because they spit knowledge so their age lets them puts years of studying and wisdom into their raps

crass
10-30-2005, 06:26 PM
^^^true dat. except the last sentence.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Tallented rappers are better when they first drop cas they got the hunger to show their best, allot of the time that hunger goes when they make it.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-30-2005, 07:35 PM
But emcees like Wu-tang & Killah Priest I would say are better odl is because they spit knowledge so their age lets them puts years of studying and wisdom into their raps
exactly true and plus allot young emcees ain't seen too much and expect too much who don't wanna work for it

triggahappy187
10-30-2005, 07:38 PM
It depends on who the rappers are like some older cats are shit IMO like Will smith he an older dude never felt that jiggy shit.

baby jesus
10-30-2005, 07:41 PM
Truthfully I Use To Think The Youngins Intill They Grew Up And Became The Older Ones Now My Views Changed.