PDA

View Full Version : why do Christians feel the need for a "savior"

theheavens
09-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I know all three Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) stick to their beliefs like glue and refuse to back down, but I think christians have a hard time defending the idea behind Jesus Christ. I brought this up in my religion class today, and even the professor couldn't give me a good response.

I told her that neither Jews nor Muslims feel the need for a "savior," so why do Christians need one? she immediately brought up Messianic Jews, which I was waiting for. I pretty much told her what was up: that's a cult from the 1960s who in the current State of Israel are constantly ridiculed and belittled. I've seen videos of Orthodox Jews in Israel verbally abusing them. also, according to the State of Israel's law, "Messianic Jews" are to be considered christians and have no affiliation with the Jewish faith. in other words, they're an evangelical christian group.

so Jews believe Jesus was a rebel who got crucified and didn't meet the standards of being a "messiah." Muslims give him a little more credit by devoting a good portion of the Qur'an talking about him and saying he IS a messiah and will return on the Day of Judgment. but not the Son of God.

so why do christians put him on a pedestal and call him their savior?

P.S. Jews who go to school to become rabbis are NOT required to read the New Testament. They don't even have to acknowledge it. also, Jews don't call the Old Testament "the Old Testament." that's an insult. they call it the Hebrew Bible, with the first Five Books (Torah) called the Mosaic Covenant. I don't know why christians persist on calling it the "Old" testament. it's disrespectful.

LORD NOSE
09-19-2011, 06:10 PM
the people who are calling themselves jews today generally believe that jesus is to come and hasn't already come - correct ?

a set amount of people are to be dumb deaf and blind - and they are kept this way so that they can be good servants for their masters who wants to extract all of the energy and money out of them - so they have to be kept fat and slow - and the men are made feminine - and this set group happen to be proud christians - they don't question what they are told - they don't question or challenge authority -their motto is "just believe" - they have a feeling deep deep inside of them - lol - that they spend no time getting familiar with - the one who seeks and finds answers can no longer call themselves christian

drippie k
09-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I got a question tho for anyone who likes to answer...so if jesus died for the sins of mankind, so we can all be saved, why do they still get mad at sinning n say you'll go to hell over that shit? I thought we were saved 2011 yrs ago, can i not swear or drink or smoke n fuck bitches? Jesus gave us the ok a long time ago didnt he?

spiggity_ace
09-20-2011, 12:15 AM
original sin is nonsensical to me, jesus came to redeem humanity for wut adam and eve did, but wut about people who don't even acknowledge adam and eve, wut sin did they commit

food for thought
09-20-2011, 12:19 AM
the people who are calling themselves jews today generally believe that jesus is to come and hasn't already come - correct ?

a set amount of people are to be dumb deaf and blind - and they are kept this way so that they can be good servants for their masters who wants to extract all of the energy and money out of them - so they have to be kept fat and slow - and the men are made feminine - and this set group happen to be proud christians - they don't question what they are told - they don't question or challenge authority -their motto is "just believe" - they have a feeling deep deep inside of them - lol - that they spend no time getting familiar with - the one who seeks and finds answers can no longer call themselves christian

loving this post, bruh.

diggy
09-20-2011, 12:58 AM

Shaitan is the enemy of mankind.

If Idol worshippers worship the creation instead of the creator, do they really believe in an all powerful creator?

If one believes he is saved, then one could act out on all their lusts and deepest desires without remorse...ya know... like killing, robbin, and rapin erbody.

RzaRectum
09-20-2011, 02:01 AM

This mindset has always irritated me.

D.projectile
09-20-2011, 12:57 PM
many don't have an understanding of the bible. Many see themselves as unworthy/helpless due to their misunderstanding

the illusion of separation
false teachings-not taught who they are

joe@itagain
09-21-2011, 07:31 AM
((SIGHS)) Ye of little faith...

oScvTJBBfG0

"The only Saviour of the world is love, and Jesus, son of Mary, comes to manifest that love to men."
-The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ, by Levi H. Dowling, [1920], at sacred-texts.com

joe@itagain
09-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Elihu's lessons to Mary(so called Jesus's mother) and Elizabeth. For they will teach their sons. The unity of life. The two selfs. The devil. Love the saviour of men. The David of the light. Goliath of the dark.

1. Again Elihu met his pupils in the sacred grove and said,
2. No man lives unto himself; for every living thing is bound by cords to every other living thing.
3. Blest are the pure in heart; for they will love and not demand love in return.
4. They will not do to other men what they would not have other men do unto them.
5. There are two selfs; the higher and the lower self.
6. The higher self is human spirit clothed with soul, made in the form of God.
7. The lower self, the carnal self, the body of desires, is a reflection of the higher self, distorted by the murky ethers of the flesh.
8. The lower self is an illusion, and will pass away; the higher self is God in man, and will not pass away.
9. The higher self is the embodiment of truth reversed, and so is falsehood manifest.
10. The higher self is justice, mercy, love and right; the lower self is what the higher self is not.
11. The lower self breeds hatred, slander, lewdness, murders, theft, and everything that harms; the higher self is mother of the virtues and the harmonies of life.
12. The lower self is rich in promises, but poor in blessedness and peace; it offers pleasure, joy and satisfying gains; but gives unrest and misery and death.
13. It gives men apples that are lovely to the eye and pleasant to the smell; their cores are full of bitterness and gall.
14. If you would ask me what to study I would say, yourselves; and when you will have studied them, and then would ask me what to study next, I would reply, yourselves.
15. He who knows well his lower self, knows the illusions of the world, knows of the things that pass away; and he who knows his higher self, know God; knows well the things that cannot pass away.
16. Thrice blessed is the man who has made purity and love his very own; he has been ransomed from the perils of the lower self and is himself his higher self.
17. Men seek salvation from an evil that they deem a living monster of the nether world; and they have gods that are but demons in disguise; all powerful, yet full of jealousy and hate and lust;
18. Whose favours must be bought with costly sacrifice of fruits, and of the lives of birds, and animals, and human kind.
19. And yet these gods possess no ears to hear, no eyes to see, no heart to sympathise, no power to save.
20. This evil is myth; these gods are made of air, clothed with shadows of a thought.
21. The only devil from which men must be redeemed is self, the lower self. If man would find his devil he must look within; his name is self.
22. If man would find his saviour he must look within; and when the demon self has been dethroned the saviour, Love, will be exulted to the throne of power.
23. The David of the light is Purity, who slays the strong Goliath of the dark, and seats the saviour, Love, upon the throne.

^Most christian preachers won't show you this...

Soul Controller
09-21-2011, 08:21 AM
these 3 religions teach and indoctrinate, that we are born as sinners..

no matter what we do. we are sinners..

the whole psyche is set up like that, to take away your own power/energy,

huge guilt trip, played by the 3 major religions..

we are born in sin..

so much easier to control folk, who believe they was born in sin, and live sinfully..
only the priests, through their communion with god, can take the sins away

rofl's

D.projectile
09-21-2011, 10:47 AM
the bible isn't to be mocked by no means though (not saying anyone here is) ..when its word interacts with you and you get personal revelations as it has with a family member of mine you gotta stop an think.. the new testament is deep..teachers and priests that urge followers to seek its treasures and have a personal relationship with the word....GOOD STUFF.

christ is to be experienced and lived...and your actions as the 'NEW' man will be an automatic act of worship... automatically inclined to love and to build

if you're not 'born again' or bordn of the spirit you will be deaf and blind to the word

and well yes I also feel that is being saved really.. BUT those who teach or give the idea that you and god r intangible... thats WRONG imo...no spiritual work within a given church..WRONG imo..insinuating 5 senses is as far as it goes...WRONG (I used to be catholic)

evolutionary phases in the mental, physical and so on can change so that we r no longer 'sinners'

Jesus' message is beautiful

god's 'word' is infinite

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the DEAD is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give LIFE to your MORTAL bodies through his SPIRIT, who lives in you." Romans 8:11

dead? I'm dead..I'm mortal..resurrection is available for all

D.projectile
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
((SIGHS)) Ye of little faith...

oScvTJBBfG0

"The only Saviour of the world is love, and Jesus, son of Mary, comes to manifest that love to men."
-The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus Christ, by Levi H. Dowling, [1920], at sacred-texts.com

"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

diggy
09-21-2011, 11:01 AM
these 3 religions teach and indoctrinate, that we are born as sinners

That is your (mis)understanding and not fact.

Soul Controller
09-21-2011, 11:32 AM
christians, pray to be saved, by their saviour.. ask any christian, they will know their born sinful..and are waiting to be saved from sin, from jesus..

muslims ( i have many muslims friends) know this life is sin,. they live in sin, hence their praying 5 times a day to clense themselves after washing(facing mecca)

now judaism.. what form you want to speak on khabbalism? orthordox judiasm?

all them religions teach, from a young stage, that man has sinned, and cos he has sinned, he is here,, if he/she do well in their lives, then they might be let into the kingdom of heaven..

speak to people of those beliefs, they will confirm this..

never speak to muslims, about pre muhammed,. ie. zoroastrianism, as they will get mad,. just go on their own pre concieved ideas that, humanity was retarted pre the prophet.. the amount of megalithic sites destroyed in islamic lands is beyond crazy..

all for the head priests to gain more control, of beliefs..

living in sin, is a very powerful emotion(fear)
which resonates at very slow intervals..

but thats on dna/quantum/fractal/fibonnacci shit

peace.

LORD NOSE
09-21-2011, 01:45 PM
it was taught like that to justify punishment and torture - to get those who would be misused and abused to accept this treatment, take it like a champ, and not fighting back earns you stripes and aids in paying for your ticket to heaven - these were also trained to not read the good book in it's entirety, but to "just believe" what's given to them by those set up as authority

LORD NOSE
09-21-2011, 01:47 PM
if jesus died for our sins why do we still sin ?

he died because sinners killed him - he did his sit ups, they didn't, and they got jealous of his six pack then killed him because he was trying to get everyone else to get a six pack -

diggy
09-21-2011, 01:58 PM
muslims ( i have many muslims friends) know this life is sin,. they live in sin, hence their praying 5 times a day to clense themselves after washing(facing mecca)

praying 5 times a day? that's not even Islaam - you would know if u read the book. You gonna take advice about what Islaam is from those who do not practice it?

don't take another man's word; read the book yurself.

LORD NOSE
09-21-2011, 02:29 PM
can you make a thread explaining exactly what islam is for us ?

D.projectile
09-21-2011, 02:56 PM
yep..can't make slaves those who manifest there real self
we sin coz we havent been crucified re-immortalised
attachment to matter

Soul Controller
09-21-2011, 04:50 PM

ill even get my muslim friends to sign up and post.

diggy
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM

if anybody advance searches my name for ktl threads, u should find many threads relating to islaam in which I expose misconceptions and reveal truths. Seek and ye shall find.

diggy
09-21-2011, 06:09 PM

theheavens
09-21-2011, 06:23 PM

what do you want to know exactly?

LORD NOSE
09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
what do you want to know exactly?

i wanna a summary of what FMJ says True Islam Is

if anybody advance searches my name for ktl threads, u should find many threads relating to islaam in which I expose misconceptions and reveal truths. Seek and ye shall find.

im sure i read most of those threads - but a thread summarizing how you view the way right now in todays times would be good for all of us

food for thought
09-21-2011, 09:06 PM
The muslims I grew up with in the middle east prayed five times a day as well.

Does this have to do with the theory that muslims in the middle east dont practice Islam as it is intended to be?

Soul Controller
09-22-2011, 02:04 AM
FMJ whats islaam? as ive only ever seen it written Islam.

thanks.

diggy
09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Islaam is the way it is written sometimes. It indicates the way it should be pronounced with emphasis on the 'ah' sound.

Sense-A
09-22-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll just answer your question with another question:

Why do atheists feel the need for a "Demigod"?

Let's look at the most secular atheist societies in the history of man.....hell, let's just look at the last 100 years since there are plenty of them in just this recent time period.

A list of current countries that lack freedom of religion:

Burma
China
Egypt
Eritrea
Iran
Iraq
Nigeria
North Korea
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan
Vietnam

Any volunteers to move to one of these countries? raise your hand! In USA, polls report that less than 10% of the population claims to have no belief in any religion. So why do Atheists always act like elitist pricks who are in the majority?

Karl Marx, the "savior" for atheist commies (they call themselves "Progressives" in 2011 because "Communist" is a dirty word) hated religion. He wrote:

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people.
The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition, which needs illusionsMind you, this is coming from the same guy who starved off 4 of his 7 children before they even reached adulthood. But don't tell that to a "Progressive." They'd champion him the credentials to run an entire economy off his candyland ideals when in fact he couldn't even economically take care of his own family...But let's move on...

One of the most secularist, shall i say Atheist societies to not confuse the various takes on the word "secularism", happened recently. In fact less than 100 years ago. Communist Russia. The condemnation of religion was a tenet of communism as described in the almighty but actually pathetic lazy short essay called the "communist manifesto." Angry anti-authoritarian college boys with their mommies paying their tuition eat this kind of crap up...especially with closet commie, tenured public college professors who never had a real job feeding it to them. Ever since wearing Che Guevara tee shirts was considered COOL!

So while religious people were condemned, persecuted, shot and left for dead in communist Russia, the atheists turned Stalin into a Demigod. And before him they were trying to do the same to Lenin. Look at these kind of pictures:

http://www.all-art.org/Visual%20History/world_wars/7/stalin/23.jpg

Funny thing is these atheist Communists murdered more people in the last 100 years than the entire history of Religion. In matter of fact atheists will tell you lies such as "most wars are because of religion." Ask yourself, are any of the 3 wars the USA is currently in have much if anything to do with religion? Most wars are fought over land, territory, and resources. You can argue that the Afghan war is due to religion, but it's really not that simple.

So what other demigods besides Lenin and Stalin have atheistic societies setup to worship and admire while their societies fell ill to mass persecution, oppression and poverty? Good question...

Lets see we have Atheist Pol Pot

"Pol Pot does not believe in GodPrince Norodom Sihanouk - former king of Cambodia

We have Mao:

http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/uploadedImages/Home/Articles/History/Series/Vision%20Mao.jpg

Again, the atheists portray him to be God Like. A DEMIGOD.

http://depletedcranium.com/26mao.jpg

Again, portrayed as a God who's figure is embedded in the Sun! Look at all the Atheists leaping for joy reaching up for their new Demigod!

Mao - 40,000,000 murders
Stalin - 40,000,000 murders (estimates range between 20-60Million)
Lenin - 2-3 million murders
Pol Pot - 2,000,000 murders
Kim-Il-Sung - 2,000,000 murders
Castro - 1,000,000 murders

So you atheists find all this funny? Ha Ha Ho Ho. still want to mock religion? Atheism has led directly to totalitarianism! Communism, with atheism as a tenet of its practice, has murdered over 100 MILLION people in just the last 100 years! Religion has a LONG WAYS TO CATCH UP! Religious persecution has had great results, don't you think!?!?!?!? no

Now of course you will find hundreds of Atheists trying to twist this and spin this and argue that Communism has nothing to do with Atheism or vice versa blah blah blah. But all these figureheads I've listed were self admitted atheists. Do your own research (wikipedia and blogs don't count).

In America in 2011, religious people are very tolerant of atheists. It is their free choice whether to believe in God or not. No one is "thumping" you. However, notice the constant mocking, jeering, jokes, anger and elitist positioning of the Atheists against anyone who believes in God. Against all religion in general. Ask yourself, and don't lie to yourself, who are the ones who are really being intolerant? and most importantly, you must ask:

Maybe the atheists have a new demigod?!?!?!?!?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2121/2279718287_1c865f6505.jpg

hhahah okay I've gone too far. Still, I'd rather be around someone who believes a guy named Jesus was a savior 2,000 years ago than be around an atheist who thinks that one man (if only he had totalitarian power) can bring "hope and change" for the better for everyone. Stop kidding yourself. And stop considering yourself intellectually superior just because you gave up your faith. You're still the same moron you were before you gave up your faith. Truth is that atheists believe in a lot of things they cannot see or prove. But we live in an age in time where the scientific method doesn't apply anymore and now, to call yourself a scientist, all you have to do is get some articles published in a "science" journal.

Yes, Stalin was raised in an orthodox church. He quickly gave up his faith in God when he rejoiced over reading Darwin. Stalin embraced Darwinism strongly, in fact requiring all scientists to swear an oath to it being true. It was his strong and concurrent acceptance of Marxism and Darwinism that collectively allowed him to shed the orthodoxy he had been raised with.

And you'll notice I left out Hitler. He's for your defense. Hitler was a Catholic Christian, although Christians might argue not a very good one.

Visionz
09-23-2011, 12:44 AM
praying 5 times a day? that's not even Islaam - you would know if u read the book. You gonna take advice about what Islaam is from those who do not practice it?

don't take another man's word; read the book yurself.

Praying five times a day is one of the five pillars of Islam and that's straight from the Quran vs what somebody's told me about it.

food for thought
09-23-2011, 12:54 AM

Let's look at the most secular atheist societies in the history of man.....hell, let's just look at the last 100 years since there are plenty of them in just this recent time period.

Burma
China
Egypt
Eritrea
Iran
Iraq
Nigeria
North Korea
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan
Vietnam

Any volunteers to move to one of these countries? raise your hand! In USA, polls report that less than 10% of the population claims to have no belief in any religion. So why do Atheists always act like elitist pricks who are in the majority?

Karl Marx, the "savior" for atheist commies (they call themselves "Progressives" in 2011 because "Communist" is a dirty word) hated religion. He wrote:

Mind you, this is coming from the same guy who starved off 4 of his 7 children before they even reached adulthood. But don't tell that to a "Progressive." They'd champion him the credentials to run an entire economy off his candyland ideals when in fact he couldn't even economically take care of his own family...But let's move on...

One of the most secularist, shall i say Atheist societies to not confuse the various takes on the word "secularism", happened recently. In fact less than 100 years ago. Communist Russia. The condemnation of religion was a tenet of communism as described in the almighty but actually pathetic lazy short essay called the "communist manifesto." Angry anti-authoritarian college boys with their mommies paying their tuition eat this kind of crap up...especially with closet commie, tenured public college professors who never had a real job feeding it to them. Ever since wearing Che Guevara tee shirts was considered COOL!

So while religious people were condemned, persecuted, shot and left for dead in communist Russia, the atheists turned Stalin into a Demigod. And before him they were trying to do the same to Lenin. Look at these kind of pictures:

Funny thing is these atheist Communists murdered more people in the last 100 years than the entire history of Religion. In matter of fact atheists will tell you lies such as "most wars are because of religion." Ask yourself, are any of the 3 wars the USA is currently in have much if anything to do with religion? Most wars are fought over land, territory, and resources. You can argue that the Afghan war is due to religion, but it's really not that simple.

So what other demigods besides Lenin and Stalin have atheistic societies setup to worship and admire while their societies fell ill to mass persecution, oppression and poverty? Good question...

Prince Norodom Sihanouk - former king of Cambodia

We have Mao:

http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/uploadedImages/Home/Articles/History/Series/Vision%20Mao.jpg

Again, portrayed as a God who's figure is embedded in the Sun! Look at all the Atheists leaping for joy reaching up for their new Demigod!

Mao - 40,000,000 murders

So you atheists find all this funny? Ha Ha Ho Ho. still want to mock religion? Atheism has led directly to totalitarianism! Communism, with atheism as a tenet of its practice, has murdered over 100 MILLION people in just the last 100 years! Religion has a LONG WAYS TO CATCH UP! Religious persecution has had great results, don't you think!?!?!?!? no

Now of course you will find hundreds of Atheists trying to twist this and spin this and argue that Communism has nothing to do with Atheism or vice versa blah blah blah. But all these figureheads I've listed were self admitted atheists. Do your own research (wikipedia and blogs don't count).

In America in 2011, religious people are very tolerant of atheists. It is their free choice whether to believe in God or not. No one is "thumping" you. However, notice the constant mocking, jeering, jokes, anger and elitist positioning of the Atheists against anyone who believes in God. Against all religion in general. Ask yourself, and don't lie to yourself, who are the ones who are really being intolerant? and most importantly, you must ask:

hhahah okay I've gone too far. Still, I'd rather be around someone who believes a guy named Jesus was a savior 2,000 years ago than be around an atheist who thinks that one man (if only he had totalitarian power) can bring "hope and change" for the better for everyone. Stop kidding yourself. And stop considering yourself intellectually superior just because you gave up your faith. You're still the same moron you were before you gave up your faith. Truth is that atheists believe in a lot of things they cannot see or prove. But we live in an age in time where the scientific method doesn't apply anymore and now, to call yourself a scientist, all you have to do is get some articles published in a "science" journal.

Yes, Stalin was raised in an orthodox church. He quickly gave up his faith in God when he rejoiced over reading Darwin. Stalin embraced Darwinism strongly, in fact requiring all scientists to swear an oath to it being true. It was his strong and concurrent acceptance of Marxism and Darwinism that collectively allowed him to shed the orthodoxy he had been raised with.

And you'll notice I left out Hitler. He's for your defense. Hitler was a Catholic Christian, although Christians might argue not a very good one.

LMAO

Eritrea lacking freedon of religion?

GTFO.

Eritrean has been 50% muslim and christiam ever since its birth and you the rest of the faggits devils cant do shit to change that,'

GTFO.

faggit.

LMAO @ "lack of freedom of religion"

GTFO faggit.

kill yourself tonight.

fucking devil.

theheavens
09-23-2011, 12:55 AM

Burma
China
Egypt
Eritrea
Iran
Iraq
Nigeria
North Korea
Pakistan
Saudi Arabia
Sudan
Turkmenistan
Uzbekistan
Vietnam

Mind you, this is coming from the same guy who starved off 4 of his 7 children before they even reached adulthood. But don't tell that to a "Progressive." They'd champion him the credentials to run an entire economy off his candyland ideals when in fact he couldn't even economically take care of his own family...But let's move on...

Prince Norodom Sihanouk - former king of Cambodia

We have Mao:

Mao - 40,000,000 murders

I have no idea why you decided to go on a rant about atheism. this is about why christians feel the need for a savior, when jews and muslims don't. nobody's talking about atheists.

EAGLE EYE
09-23-2011, 01:14 AM
ahahaha i just saw that post and was thinking the same thing

Sense-A
09-23-2011, 06:51 AM
...and the wucorp local commies lashed out with fury and anger.

Eritrea lacks freedom PERIOD.

Eritrea's Government faced formidable challenges following independence. With no constitution, no judicial system, and an education system in shambles, the Eritrean Government was required to build institutions of government from scratch. Currently, the Government of Eritrea exercises strict control of political, social, and economic systems, with nearly no civil liberties allowed. http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/2854.htmLMAO @ Comrade Food for Thought

"Thousands of Christians have been arrested for practicing their faith in Eritrea -- and some have been tortured, even to the point of being tortured to death," he describes. "And this has also been confirmed by a report by Wikileaks which indicates that Eritrean Christians are imprisoned under very difficult situations." Charlie Butts - OneNewsNow - 9/23/2011 3:35:00 AM http://www.onenewsnow.com/Persecution/Default.aspx?id=1441948http://www.persecution.org/2011/08/01/arrests-in-eritrea-continue/

Since I'm right, and you're wrong, I suggest YOU GET THE FUCK OUT!

joe@itagain
09-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Christians: confused
Muslims: confused
Mormons: confused
Baptist: really confused
Catholics: raped and confused
Protestant: confused
Methodist: confused
Buddhism: high as hell
Hinduism: high and confused
Satanist: got it backwards
Zionist: confused
Afro-Asiatic 5%ers: Really close and rising, but the odds are still against them

How do you speak for billions of people who cannot be heard? I need to know.

theheavens
09-23-2011, 04:17 PM
um...some of you don't seem to understand the question in this thread

THE W
09-23-2011, 09:59 PM
because we cant atone for our own sins and the blood sacrifices we gave in old testament times werent good enough.

theheavens
09-23-2011, 10:08 PM
because we cant atone for our own sins and the blood sacrifices we gave in old testament times werent good enough.

who's "we"? jews and muslims can. they simply pray. and what do you mean "old testament" times? the stuff Hebrews wrote? that's dedicated to the Children of Israel

THE W
09-23-2011, 10:26 PM
"we" means...well...everybody. jews and muslim cannot atone for their own sins. jews pray to the same GOD christians pray to and muslims pray to allah. if they could atone for their own sins they would not need to do this or follow any of their religious rituals.

the bible and its books are about GOD seeking to restore the relationship he had with his most prized creation. human beings. the only created thing that GOD blew his breath of life into and, as he declared, were made in his own image.

EDIT: the terms "old testament" and "new testament" distinguish between the time of GOD followers being under the old covenant before the sacrifice of christ and the establishment of the new covenant through the sacrifice of christ.

theheavens
09-24-2011, 01:33 AM
"we" obviously means christians, since jews and muslims don't follow the same guidelines. they don't feel the need for a "savior" to atone for their sins, since their perception of sin is different to begin with. if you say "old testament" to a jew, he'll laugh right in your face.

THE W
09-24-2011, 08:16 AM
you said they dont have to atone for their own sins. they do, which is why they pray to their God. the difference is they dont recognize jesus the christ. their perception of sin is not any different from christians.

"sin" is opposing the will of God. thats pretty much it and thats the same whether you're muslim, jew or christian.

im not gonna sit here and act like im an expert on the muslim faith but dont they follow muhammed the same way christians follow jesus?

theheavens
09-24-2011, 12:30 PM
they believe muhammad was the final prophet -- one of many before him, including jesus. but christians take it a step further by claiming jesus was the son of god, and thus their savior. this thread is basically asking why christians put so much emphasis on jesus.

june181972
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I know all three Abrahamic faiths (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) stick to their beliefs like glue and refuse to back down, but I think christians have a hard time defending the idea behind Jesus Christ. I brought this up in my religion class today, and even the professor couldn't give me a good response.

I told her that neither Jews nor Muslims feel the need for a "savior," so why do Christians need one? she immediately brought up Messianic Jews, which I was waiting for. I pretty much told her what was up: that's a cult from the 1960s who in the current State of Israel are constantly ridiculed and belittled. I've seen videos of Orthodox Jews in Israel verbally abusing them. also, according to the State of Israel's law, "Messianic Jews" are to be considered christians and have no affiliation with the Jewish faith. in other words, they're an evangelical christian group. so Jews believe Jesus was a rebel who got crucified and didn't meet the standards of being a "messiah." Muslims give him a little more credit by devoting a good portion of the Qur'an talking about him and saying he IS a messiah and will return on the Day of Judgment. but not the Son of God.

P.S. Jews who go to school to become rabbis are NOT required to read the New Testament. They don't even have to acknowledge it. also, Jews don't call the Old Testament "the Old Testament." that's an insult. they call it the Hebrew Bible, with the first Five Books (Torah) called the Mosaic Covenant. I don't know why christians persist on calling it the "Old" testament. it's disrespectful.

All 3 religions mistakenly diefy their Moses, their Jesus, and their Muhammad respectively. Though the notion of a "savior" in those 3 great men is extreme, they were all excellent as examples, as guides, and most importanrly as teachers. How will one know unless they have a teacher? How will one have a teacher lest that teacher be sent? The Christians do however get extra caught up in the mythological Christ figure.

P.S. Those people that claim to be jews in Israel: Many so-called jews in the U.S.A. particularly New York City (which has the highest concentration of so-called jews on Earth) are openly opposed to that illegitimate geo-polictical sham named Israel. The only thing those so-called jews in Israel are an authority on is thievery and murder

RzaRectum
09-24-2011, 03:10 PM
they believe muhammad was the final prophet -- one of many before him, including jesus. but christians take it a step further by claiming jesus was the son of god, and thus their savior. this thread is basically asking why christians put so much emphasis on jesus.

Because that is what Christians have interpreted from the following Bible passages:

John 3:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 Corinthians 15: 2-4
By this gospel you are saved,
if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you.
Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day
according to the Scriptures...

Why Do I Need Salvation?
Man is Separated from God by Sin
And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
Genesis 2:16-17

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
Genesis 3:6

And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
Genesis 3:22

All Men are Sinners
Sin entered the world through one man, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.
Romans 5:12

For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23

There is a Penalty for Sin
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

The soul who sins is the one who will die.
Ezekiel 18:4

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Romans 1:20

How Can I Receive Salvation?
Know Jesus
Ask and it will be given to you. Everyone who asks receives.
Matthew 7:7,8

Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness.
Matthew 6:33

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
John 3:3

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

Confess Your Sins
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10: 9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1: 9

Repent of Your Sins
Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Psalm 34:14

He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3: 9

But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
Luke 13:3

What Happens Afterward?
A New Spirit
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Ezekiel 36:26-27

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Romans 12:2

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Acts 2:38

Blessings
Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
Psalm 32:1

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

Blessed are those who dwell in your house.
Psalm 84:4

Assurance
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves , it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:43

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5

Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28:20b

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2: 9

check two
09-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Not surprised who made this thread

theheavens
09-25-2011, 02:40 AM
Because that is what Christians have interpreted from the following Bible passages:

John 3:16-18
King James Version (KJV)
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

1 Corinthians 15: 2-4
By this gospel you are saved,
if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you.
Otherwise, you have believed in vain.
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance:

that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day
according to the Scriptures...

Why Do I Need Salvation?
Man is Separated from God by Sin
And the Lord God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."
Genesis 2:16-17

When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.
Genesis 3:6

And the Lord God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever."
Genesis 3:22

All Men are Sinners
Sin entered the world through one man, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.
Romans 5:12

For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23

There is a Penalty for Sin
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

The soul who sins is the one who will die.
Ezekiel 18:4

For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Romans 1:20

How Can I Receive Salvation?
Know Jesus
Ask and it will be given to you. Everyone who asks receives.
Matthew 7:7,8

Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
John 1:29

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness.
Matthew 6:33

I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
John 3:3

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

Confess Your Sins
That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10: 9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1: 9

Repent of Your Sins
Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.
Psalm 34:14

He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.
2 Peter 3: 9

But unless you repent, you too will all perish.
Luke 13:3

What Happens Afterward?
A New Spirit
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Ezekiel 36:26-27

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
Romans 12:2

Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."
Acts 2:38

Blessings
Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.
Psalm 32:1

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:1

Blessed are those who dwell in your house.
Psalm 84:4

Assurance
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves , it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Romans 8:1-2

I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.
Luke 23:43

Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.
Hebrews 13:5

Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
Matthew 28:20b

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2: 9

well the New Testament is basically a "Jesus Guide" book, so yeah, you can pretty much pull out anything from there to justify the son of god theory. but they take it a step further by claiming same of the passages from the Hebrew Bible ("old testament") predict christ's arrival, which Jews dismiss in a split second.

RzaRectum
09-25-2011, 09:00 PM
well the New Testament is basically a "Jesus Guide" book, so yeah, you can pretty much pull out anything from there to justify the son of god theory. but they take it a step further by claiming same of the passages from the Hebrew Bible ("old testament") predict christ's arrival, which Jews dismiss in a split second.

What is the so-called Jewish reasoning behind the dismissal?

theheavens
09-27-2011, 03:46 PM
What is the so-called Jewish reasoning behind the dismissal?

they just interpret it differently. and seeing as though Hebrews WROTE it, I think it'd be wise to trust their opinion rather than some foreign gentiles (christians). just a thought. and this biblical class I'm taking has made me move even further away from christianity, while admiring judaism more. I interrupt the bitch professor every two seconds whenever she brings up jesus and make her say "according to christians..." instead of "this is fact." the idea that god would need a son is the dumbest fucking thing the human mind has ever come up with.

RzaRectum
09-28-2011, 02:12 AM
they just interpret it differently. and seeing as though Hebrews WROTE it, I think it'd be wise to trust their opinion rather than some foreign gentiles (christians). just a thought. and this biblical class I'm taking has made me move even further away from christianity, while admiring judaism more. I interrupt the bitch professor every two seconds whenever she brings up jesus and make her say "according to christians..." instead of "this is fact." the idea that god would need a son is the dumbest fucking thing the human mind has ever come up with.

I don't follow. Did you mean to say that the Hebrews wrote the Old Testament?; Who wrote the New Testament?

Also, what makes the idea of God having a son to be dumb? Is it the sacrifice paradigm in the text that makes it so? In the old Testament God required burned sacrifices of lambs, did he not? With that inference, the sacrificial act of crucifying Jesus as the final lamb seems fitting.

theheavens
10-04-2011, 04:31 PM
which is why christianity is the laughing stock, thanks to its many sub-genres: quaker, shaker, mormon, wtf.

and of course Hebrews wrote it. as for the New Testament? some gentiles and jews-turned-christians who were weak as hell and felt the need for a "Savior" I guess. Jews and Muslims are still laughing at christians for being sun-worshipers basically.

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 07:16 PM
if jesus died for our sins why do we still sin ?

he died because sinners killed him - he did his sit ups, they didn't, and they got jealous of his six pack then killed him because he was trying to get everyone else to get a six pack -

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfc9ssxeYn1qgwhu8o1_400.gif

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
which is why christianity is the laughing stock, thanks to its many sub-genres: quaker, shaker, mormon, wtf.

and of course Hebrews wrote it. as for the New Testament? some gentiles and jews-turned-christians who were weak as hell and felt the need for a "Savior" I guess. Jews and Muslims are still laughing at christians for being sun-worshipers basically.

THAT SAVIOR IS A ELOHIM AND HE WILL RETURN FROM THE MOTHASHIP AND LEAVE BEHIND THE PALESKIN LIKE YOURSELf

HOTEP BROTHER BIEBER

diggy
10-04-2011, 09:03 PM
'old' testament and 'new' testament are psychological tricks. If something is 'old' would you reject what is in it? If something is 'new' would you embrace it? Islaam, a continuation of the revelations, is the newest. Don't be fooled by the 'old' testament and 'new' testament labels.

:mmmyah:

RzaRectum
10-05-2011, 02:20 AM
'old' testament and 'new' testament are psychological tricks. If something is 'old' would you reject what is in it? If something is 'new' would you embrace it? Islaam, a continuation of the revelations, is the newest. Don't be fooled by the 'old' testament and 'new' testament labels.

:mmmyah:

I'm not sure why you insist on forcing your opinion on the matter. Any religion boils down to a set a beliefs under a God no one can prove exists, which is the reason they call religion a faith. Besides that, wade presented a reasonable explanation on the distinction between the texts.

... the terms "old testament" and "new testament" distinguish between the time of GOD followers being under the old covenant before the sacrifice of christ and the establishment of the new covenant through the sacrifice of christ.

Why does it bother everyone so much that they believe in Jesus and having a savior? My only concern is against holier than thou's, bible thumpers, and guilt throwers.. this plus lack of control they seem to take in their own lives as mentioned in my first post.

EAGLE EYE
10-05-2011, 02:28 AM
why do we commit people to mental health facilities when they hear voices, yet when someone claims they heard god's voice in their head its deemed acceptable and they can carry on with their life?

lmao

Soul Controller
10-05-2011, 04:34 AM
i feel like playing no emotion LOUD after reading the last 2 pages of this

diggy
10-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm not sure why you insist on forcing your opinion on the matter.

Well, this is a web forum where people exchange conversation with each other.

My First Timbs
10-06-2011, 12:39 PM
why do we commit people to mental health facilities when they hear voices, yet when someone claims they heard god's voice in their head its deemed acceptable and they can carry on with their life?

lmao

very true. every outward (and inward) action taken by the traditional religionist can be traced and mapped to an existing (treatable) psychosis...

New-Yorks-Finest
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
EJvRdwqctn0

watch this, relates to the topic

specifically what paul and jesus discuss

underrated and great movie by scorsese

Soul Controller
10-07-2011, 09:05 AM

lmao

just to expand on this,.

george bush was told by (the evengalist)god, that he had to kill osama, saddam, and clense the middle east of terrorists(gain contracts for huge corporations)

while osama and even saddam, both said their gods told them that america was evil, and needed to be destroyed..

why the fuck arent these clowns in mental asylums as robbie stated..

countless times throughout history, presidents, primeministers, kings queens, have all gone to war, (committed genocide) on the word of their god.

all the normal god believers, must be thinking wtf.. why doesnt my god tell me to goto war!, maybe thats why god worshippers be like heyy war is cool! war has been bigged up in allrelgions, wars have served as a basis to ethnically clense, aswell as obliterate other religions.

the question remains tho,, why does god want everyone to war, if he is so loving,wonderful and benevolent

BrokenWrists
10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."(Philippians 3:20-3:21)

Who said Christians feel the need for a savior? I dont understand the question. It seems more like a stab at Christians than anything else. Maybe Jesus Christ being their savior is just a part of the Christian religion. Through reading the Bible and coming to this conclusion. The Bible says that if you follow it you will be a laughing stock, condemned, hated, etc.

theheavens
10-09-2011, 01:32 AM
EJvRdwqctn0

watch this, relates to the topic

specifically what paul and jesus discuss

underrated and great movie by scorsese

great movie.

and no wonder muslims think paul was a faggot possessed by a demon. if only he'd kept his mouth shut and not spread the "savior" bullshit talk

RzaRectum
10-09-2011, 11:08 AM
Schizophrenia or Demonic possesion..?
Te8TtFu294A

Also, what up with this?
TabGZ_DI-KM&NR=1

theheavens
10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
I dont understand the question. It seems more like a stab at Christians than anything else

no shit, Sherlock.

I'm working on my Ph.D in psychology, and the more I look at the "Savior" bullshit, the more it seems like a psychological trick to keep weak-minded people happy. there's a reason Jews and Muslims don't believe it -- it's primitive shit. last time people believed in God having a son was Greek Mythology -- Chronos, the father, and Zeus the son. pagan shit

Face of the Golden Falcon
10-09-2011, 09:29 PM
^
Jews and Muslims don't believe it because it's not in their book. If it was they'd believe it to.

joe@itagain
10-10-2011, 07:15 AM
XPD3XvZEAmI

RzaRectum
10-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Excellent post, joe. I've heard this, but never watched it before.

BrokenWrists
10-12-2011, 08:09 PM
no shit, Sherlock.
#(

the more I look at the "Savior" bullshit, the more it seems like a psychological trick to keep weak-minded people happy

Have you ever been to and involved in a Christian church? You might find that it does make you happy, it made me happy, even though i hated it. Everything you learn in church comes down to faith. It is very good that you are attempting to find the truth on the matter and i wish you well.

BrokenWrists
10-18-2011, 11:03 PM
I was told at Camp Patterson (Pattersonville,NY) that accepting Jesus Christ into your heart as your lord and savior, is the only way to get into heaven.