PDA

View Full Version : Kool G Rap speaks on "The Godfathers" with Necro

claaa7
09-20-2011, 06:26 AM
damn, this is really happening. i've heard it before but there's so many projects announced these days that i don't take half of them seriously. like i don't think that Raekwon/G Rap project will ever happen or that they even have recorded anything for it but "The Godfathers" should be amazing. i'm not that into Necro's rhymes but whatever, hearing G Rap spit over an entire album of Necro beats should make this his best album for over a decade!

Kool G. Rap and Necro (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16168/title.kool-g-rap-speaks-on-origins-of-necro-collaboration-album-his-influences) are currently working on a full-length album titled The Godfathers (http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16110/title.necro-confirms-collaborative-album-with-kool-g-rap-called-the-godfathers), which came about after the latter got in touch with the veteran MC to record what began as an EP. Speaking with Platform8470.com (http://www.platform8470.com/interviews/interview.php?intid=176), the Juice Crew alum spoke on how the project is shaping up.

“
A lot of people can only imagine. But since both of us are like similar in what we do, we’re both like raw, underground spitters, they will have an idea already,” he said. “We’re both rappers with a sophisticated flow, multisyllabic. It’s that hardcore rugged attack, that griminess. For instance, if I was to name some records that you can compare this project to, you can expect to hear a Necro - G, Rap ‘Men At Work’ or ‘Wanted: Dead Or Alive,’ or ‘Poison’. This project is right along the lines of that, but very much 2011-ish.”

Reflecting on the tracks they’ve cut so far, Kool stated that he’s “impressed” by what they’ve cooked up.

“I’m amped up and charged. I know the people that are waiting and anticipating the project are gonna be completely satisifed. This is gonna be that raw, lyrical, spitting, hardcore, street. I mean all these different things wrapped up into one,” he continued. “The fans out there that are familiar with Necro’s work and my own work, I know their imagination can just put it together on what us two, Necro and G Rap, are gonna do. What we could possible be capable of doing on our own, what we could be doing together, they can only imagine, but they will have some kind of idea.”

FULL INTERVIEW (http://www.platform8470.com/interviews/interview.php?intid=176) (all about the Necro album is posted above though)

main_man
09-20-2011, 09:41 AM
shit.
g rap "riches,royalty & respect" is a top 5 album of 2011 still.
g rap's best since "4,5,6". soulful beats, gritty hood stories & g raps lyrical ability.
guess i just relate to a lot of what he's saying on it. album is solid as fuck, for real.

as far as the album with necro. well....necro isn't horrible, but he's best in small doses. every now and then he rips a verse or a song, but most of the time he's just iight.
rhyming next to g rap is probably gonna make necro look real bad.
if it was g rap over necro beats, then you might have a modern classic.

the name of their group should be "niggas with lisps". lol

deeznutz1981
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
this is actually a really good idea. Necor and KGR have such similar voices and rhyme styles. They even got the same lisp! I'm actually fuckin pumped for this album!!!

TAURO
09-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Interesting to say the least. I would expect a Necro/G Rap album to be like G Rap's XXX and in turn Necro's The Sexorcist.

J.T.S.
09-20-2011, 11:10 AM
looking forward to this ,their styles compliment each other to a degree, i just feel that there's iller cats he couldv'e done an album with.

theheavens
09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm sure there's a laundry list of people that G Rap could've worked with that are better than Necro, but then he would've gotten shitty beats. with necro, you at least know you're going to get some dope ass beats, and that's really all G Rap needs. his lyrical abilities never fail. I just hope necro doesn't put himself on EVERY track on the album...

*suge knight voice* he's allllll up in the videos, all up in the songs

OntheHorizon
09-20-2011, 03:00 PM
My Problem with most of G Raps new stuff is that the production just ends up kinda mediocre........Never really bad, just not memorable, at least with this you know the production will be sharp, Necro doesnt re-invent the wheel but you can always count on some strong Sample based east coast hip hop beats with some hard drums, and G Rap can easily shine brighter on his production then anything he's had to work with in a minute

On the other hand, your gonna have to tolerate Necro Rapping at the same time and I'm of the opinion that his One trick pony show got old after Brutality Vol. 1, all he does is try and find new ways to be disgusting.........Not scary, not creepy, not hardcore, just grosse, Necro will have rhymes about raping corpses and eating shit on his records and its just.......I dunno, not my style, lol

I'll give it a try tho, G Rap + Necro Beats might be worth putting up with it

theheavens
09-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Necro could really make a name for himself as a producer if he would just stick to making beats, but he actually thinks he's a godsend MC or something. he's probably going to share every track on the album just so he can say he spit with a legend.

http://grandgood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/20110724-113846.jpg

claaa7
09-20-2011, 07:33 PM
^ it is not a G Rap album produced by Necro in the strict sense but a collaboration between the two as MCs so i assume Necro will be on every song.

Jin10304
09-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I still want it to be Necro on the boards, G Rap on the mic...and thats how it should be

CEITEDMOFO
09-20-2011, 08:43 PM
NECROS GONNA GIVE HIM DOPE BEATs

ShaDynasty
09-20-2011, 09:03 PM
this is actually a really good idea. Necor and KGR have such similar voices and rhyme styles. They even got the same lisp! I'm actually fuckin pumped for this album!!!

word.

I'm sure there's a laundry list of people that G Rap could've worked with that are better than Necro, but then he would've gotten shitty beats. with necro, you at least know you're going to get some dope ass beats, and that's really all G Rap needs. his lyrical abilities never fail. I just hope necro doesn't put himself on EVERY track on the album...

*suge knight voice* he's allllll up in the videos, all up in the songs

Necro is a decent rapper, and one who should complement Kool G very well with their voices and content but theres enough difference for them to riff off each other. This has potential to be very good.

$inista
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
word.

Necro is a decent rapper, and one who should complement Kool G very well with their voices and content but theres enough difference for them to riff off each other. This has potential to be very good.

couldn't agree more,

nuccas are speaking like necro a chump he anit the greatest but i think he's far from a chump, a project like this might push the best out the kid, i mean if you had a chance to get on a track with a certified legend you anit gonna hold back you giving it all you got

youngdeck01
09-20-2011, 10:00 PM
necro was good on some of i need drugs, rhyme wise i think he sux, but if u were to say hed handle beats and let g rap handle the mic, id b interested. sadly i dont think will work

Mr. R&B
09-21-2011, 03:03 PM
This is one of my most anticipated albums of 2012.

I think some people here might be letting their dislike of Necro's subject matter cloud their judgement when asessing his technical ability as an MC.

He's most certainly going to hold his own on the album, maybe even shine brighter on a track or two.

G Rap was probably a little leery of how well this would work out in their first couple of recording sessions.

Whereas Necro knew he had to come with some poisonous darts or he'd get assassinated all over the place.

spiggity_ace
09-21-2011, 07:29 PM
theyre syin g rap isnt gonna flow like he did on his last album, if he flows on this like he did on giancana story its gonna be insane, theyll both rip shit

main_man
09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
if he flows like he does on "riches royalty respect" we have nothing to worry about.

that album is dope as fuck. niggas acting like g rap didnt bring the fuckin heat on that shit.
dope beats, great subject matter & g rap rapping his goddamn ass off 23 years after he ripped "the symphony".
guess real g rap fans are few & far between.lol