PDA

View Full Version : So Cole World leaked...

GhettoGnom
09-20-2011, 06:13 PM
In my play queue after the phonte album.. Will get back to this..

So what do people think about this?

http://atrilli.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/jcole1.jpg

1. Intro
2. Dollar & A Dream III
3. Can't Get Enough f/ Trey Songz
4. Lights Please
5. Interlude
6. Sideline Story
7. Mr. Nice Watch f/ Jay-Z
8. Cole World
9. In the Morning f/ Drake
10. Lost Ones
11. Nobody's Perfect f/ Missy Elliott
12. Never Told
13. Rise & Shine
14. God's Gift
15. Breakdown
16. Cheer Up
17. Nothing Lasts Forever (Bonus)
18. Work Out (Bonus)
19. Daddy's Little Girl (Bonus)

ShaDynasty
09-20-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm only gonna DL if other people say its good. I don't give enough of a fuck otherwise.

That 'Mr Nice Watch' is horrible, 'Lights Please' is dope though.

djskillz
09-20-2011, 06:26 PM
nevermind.

Prime8
09-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I heard it's about on par with WTT.
I didn't really like WTT, so I'm in no rush to listen to this.
I'm on a NRHH binge atm, so I'll just keep it on my "To Get List" unless I hear it's better.

Frank Sobotka
09-20-2011, 06:38 PM
The Warm Up > This

ShaDynasty
09-20-2011, 06:42 PM
nevermind.

What? I'm curious now, what could you possibly say on the internet thats so dull/pointless/offensive/nothingey that you had to remove it?!

The internets full of crap, throw some more on the ever increasing landfill of computer code.

djskillz
09-20-2011, 06:49 PM
^lol i said that the threadstarter has the wrong tracklist. as it turns out I downloaded a version with a different tracklist. once i did a 5 minute search it turned out i have the wrong version of the album.

ShaDynasty
09-20-2011, 06:58 PM
yeah you're right it wasn't worth saying lol

Mr. R&B
09-20-2011, 07:19 PM
A Missy Elliot feature...Really?

angry!
09-21-2011, 03:35 PM
gave it a listen...

everything i thought about j cole...

was REAFFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the dullest major label rap acts of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one of the FEW emcees.... to ever GET ON...

without doing ANYTHING well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

his clarity is poor...

his voice is flat....

his flow is pedestrian...

his content isnt witty nor cerebral....

he has NO IDENTITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you a regular nigga with a deal and no story!?!?!?!?!?!

or are you big money flossing nigga?!?!?!!?!?!?

his origins seem to change beat to beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he has ZERO star POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOBODY would be following j cole... if it wasnt for JAY-Z....

jay-z is the ONLY reason this nigga has fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the regular, im just a nigga living life angle... has been played better by countless...

the big money, nice watch, expensive taste, big hit shit has been played better by countless....

what are you left with!?!?!?!?!?!

a smoke trail leading to an ICE BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this nigga is a NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know youre in trouble...

when i dont know who the fuck you are...

after i just heard your debut album....

dude is a BORE on the mic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

production is weak...

a lotta cheesy progressions... corny synth... cheap guitar breaks....

weak hooks...

this nigga tries to harmonize on the hooks... his melodies are weak, his hooks arent repeatable... and he consistently fills 16's with boring, when is this track gonna be over bars....

if this is the guy you see carrying mainstream hip hop into the future...

i feel sorry for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i see jay-z distancing himself, after this project is out of the way...

jay knows better than anyone, this kid isnt ready...

he wasnt ready after he had a verse on the blueprint 3....

and now hes out of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres nothing venomous lyrically, nothing that made me say, hey, thats unique, or thats different...

SAFE... BORING.... COASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont mean to hate on the kid, but hes really mediocre, he hasnt improved AT ALL since his verse on bp3...

that verse on bp3 was sposed to get niggas fiending to hear this...

is ANYONE gonna be fiending to hear more j cole after this album!?!?!?!?!?!

DOUBT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hes done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OntheHorizon
09-21-2011, 03:57 PM
^^^^^^

lol, angry gotta point, dudes music is really, really boring, its the same shit we've heard done a thousand times done better by 100's of others....

kingwu
09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
who's j cole anyway

food for thought
09-21-2011, 04:37 PM
my boy played this niggas garbage for me one time

shit is lame and borinng as fuck

GhettoGnom
09-21-2011, 07:30 PM
My expectations was rather low, but I actually found this to be more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Work Out & In The Morning (I still love the original though) is straight up wack and Mr. Nice Watch is meh.. I like Can't Get Enough, he doesn't say a lot of memorable lines on it, but the beat is nice, Trey is good on the chorus and Cole does well enough to make this work very well.

His production sounds better than it ever did. Dude stepped up. Dollar And A Dream III is straight up banging.. Putting Lights Out on this was probably a good move, fits well with the album and is a monster of a track. Good to hear he haven't completely given up on making concept tracks, with Lost Ones being one of the standouts on this to me.

He's still a bit repetitive content-wise and his flow is boring at times. Gotta see how much replay value this got, there's a few weak spots, but it's definitely an enjoyable album.

The Warm Up is still easily his best work though.

I heard it's about on par with WTT.
It's a lot better..

Than again, I found WTT to be quite shite.

buckshotstheone
09-22-2011, 10:10 AM
this album really isn't that bad.

I still skip Mr. Nice Watch every time cause it's pure hot dog water but the album overall isn't all that terrible.

It's good background music.

I certainly won't be listening to it within a week I'm sure but for now it's kinda nice to play through. His fanbase is gonna like it. His production is dope (again, it can be boring) and lyrically he's doing what I expected, nice flows, some good concepts, nothing too great but still a well put together record.

The Missy Elliot feature is actually tolerable, it's only a hook so as long as they don't do a video for it with her in it then I'll be cool.

Thing is I don't see any other singles coming from this album. So therefore I figure it will sizzle for a minute and then die out, other than to his core fanbase which by the way some of them have been saying it's as good as Illmatic......smh.

main_man
09-22-2011, 12:36 PM

I still skip Mr. Nice Watch every time cause it's pure hot dog water but the album overall isn't all that terrible.

I certainly won't be listening to it within a week I'm sure but for now it's kinda nice to play through. His fanbase is gonna like it. His production is dope (again, it can be boring) and lyrically he's doing what I expected, nice flows, some good concepts, nothing too great but still a well put together record.

The Missy Elliot feature is actually tolerable, it's only a hook so as long as they don't do a video for it with her in it then I'll be cool.

Thing is I don't see any other singles coming from this album. So therefore I figure it will sizzle for a minute and then die out, other than to his core fanbase which by the way some of them have been saying it's as good as Illmatic......smh.

http://www.womensfancydresshq.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/1306275601-17.jpg

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/attachments/1/8/6/6/6/5/a3619725-168-chuck-norris-thumbs-up.jpg?d=1290692863

food for thought
09-22-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-PH3X8TFT-D.jpg

check two
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM

http://www.myalbum.com/Foto-6SEK3Z8V.jpg

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-23-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm gonna be peeping this

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-23-2011, 08:09 AM
just went back and read angry's statements ..half the time I aree with him on prjects so ooo boy..ill still peep this tho on the stength

THE MASON
09-23-2011, 12:23 PM
downloaded thise last night

got half way through and deleted it. i think i first heard this kid on that new Reflection Eternal that dropped last year, and he wasnt anything special but there was a potential i heard.

but shit is just a sleep fest. i dont think i got one good thing to say about the album. def dont look good for this kids future, unless he wakes up a little

True Father Allah
09-28-2011, 06:30 AM
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/09/big-ghost-review-for-cole-world.html

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-28-2011, 10:01 AM
lmao that shit was funny as fuck

RAW-TASTE
09-29-2011, 05:31 AM
halfway through this...its a snoozefest. it's good background sleeping music so far but nothing amazing

i havent even listened to any of his mixtapes since friday night lights which i listened to on the strength of the warmup, and i couldnt get through that one all the way and had weak replay value.