PDA

View Full Version : Evidence - Cats & Dogs discussion thread

GhettoGnom
09-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Just leaked. Downloading now, probably my most anticipated album for the 27th. Will cop without a doubt.

http://i51.tinypic.com/14tsawm.jpg

01. The Liner Notes feat. Aloe Blacc
02. Strangers
03. The Red Carpet feat. Raekwon & Ras Kass
04. It Wasn’t Me
05. I Don’t Need Love
06. You
07. God Bless That Man
08. Fame feat. Roc Marciano & Prodigy
09. James Hendrix (StepBrothers)
10. Late For The Sky feat. Slug & Aesop Rock
11. Crash
13. ...
12. Where You From feat. Rakaa, Lil Fame & Termanology
14. To Be Continued…
15. Falling Down
16. Well Runs Dry feat. Krondon
17. The Epilogue

fortyglock
09-21-2011, 09:08 PM
I've been looking forward to this album since he first announced it. The snippets sound very promising, I'm feeling most the beats. Also, the guests on this are definitely on point with the likes of Rae, Ras Kass, Prodigy, Lil Fame etc. I can't wait to get this.

UncontrolledSubstans
09-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Wow! Dude really knows to pick a beat! Banging this far, not a single weak track half way thou.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Wow! Dude really knows to pick a beat! Banging this far, not a single weak track half way thou.

yeah does every evidence album dude goes hard and proves that you can make a banging album without all of the machine behind you

claaa7
09-22-2011, 07:24 AM
Evidence is DOPE and with Dilated People's he's been responsible for loads of masterful hip-hop so i've been looking forward alot to this. i downloaded it yesterday night together with Phonte and Tragedy Khadafi's new albums but i haven't taken the time to listen to any of it yet. anyone got the production list for this album though? i guess DJ Premier produced "You" and the last song right

fortyglock
09-22-2011, 07:42 AM
01. The Liner Notes feat. Aloe Blacc (prod Alchemist)
02. Strangers (prod Twiz The Beat Pro)
03. The Red Carpet feat. Raekwon & Ras Kass (prod Alchemist)
04. It Wasn’t Me (prod Rahki, Daniel "Danny Keyz" Tannenbaum)
05. I Don’t Need Love (prod Evidence)
06. You (prod DJ Premier)
07. God Bless That Man (Interlude)
08. Fame feat. Roc Marciano & Prodigy (prod Charli Brown)
09. James Hendrix (StepBrothers) (prod Alchemist)
10. Late For The Sky feat. Slug & Aesop Rock (prod Sid Roams)
11. Crash (prod Alchemist)
13. ...
12. Where You From feat. Rakaa, Lil Fame & Termanology (prod Alchemist)
14. To Be Continued… (prod Sid Roams)
15. Falling Down (prod Rahki)
16. Well Runs Dry feat. Krondon (prod Sid Roams)
17. The Epilogue (prod DJ Premier)

OPTIMUS
09-22-2011, 09:14 AM
i rate ev highly as producer but only one on his own joint?

Mic Tyson
09-22-2011, 09:34 AM
This nigga never fails. up there with weatherman, hes never had a bad album even wit dilated

angry!
09-22-2011, 11:51 AM
album is SICK...

ev been that dude man...

i see a lot of cats jocking his solo work, and shitting on his dilated shit though...

SUP WITH THAT?!?!?!!?

ev was always dope... in fact, the bass heavy, battle shit he was doing, was some of the best out at the time....

joints like PANIC!?!?!?!?! classic kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this album top to bottom... BANGING!!!!!!!!!!

the unthinkable happened... aesop rock spit a verse i didnt wanna PUNCH him out for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you have a banging track, with one of the corniest emcees of all time... YOU DID IT BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

production is incredible...

charli brown... never heard of him... but he blessed it... FAME is DOPE!!!!!!!!!

prodigy killed his feature... wow... his content, and mic presence, is alpha levels right now... hes been marinating in the cut, im expecting GREAT things outta that mobb album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and alchemist...

ALC hit ev with some of his dopest beats ever...

first listen... i shook my head... RED ROOM is soul stirring shit... the sample intro... genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ev is not going to lose you with his flow, or his multis...

he always reminded me of GURU... delivery/style wise...

youre always a second behind him... youre always catching something else as you keep listening...

he has a way of finessing top level production, and making complete songs that are super playable...

and rhymesayers is a giant... they still sell CD's, and cater to their fanbase directly...

the weatherman was no fluke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mic Tyson
09-22-2011, 02:23 PM
whens that stepbrothers album comin out? that james hendrix joint was nice

Dr Sleepwalker
09-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I've had my pre-order in with an ETA expected on Wednesday. I'm tempted to download it and give it a spin tho

sickdog
09-22-2011, 03:05 PM
gunna wait for my cd. fuck mp3.

OntheHorizon
09-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I was surprised he didnt produce more for himself on this, not that its a problem or anything, just always liked his beats..........Course when you got Alchemist & Primo handing you joints you got all the beats you need

Albums a definite banger tho, not sure if its up there with The Weatherman alvum but its up there with the better albums to drop this year

V1LLAIN
09-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Ev bringing the heat, Banger from start to finish.

J.T.S.
09-23-2011, 10:57 AM
damn this is a banging album.

claaa7
09-23-2011, 10:58 AM
listened to it in full for the first time today and i gotta say that right now i think i'm holding this as best album of the year so far!

Djaminha
09-23-2011, 11:15 AM
I forgot how dope To Be Continued... was.

Dr Sleepwalker
09-23-2011, 12:59 PM
album is straight banging. Lived up to every expectation I've had for it so far. And those wher mad high expectations

'Crash' is DOOOOPE. shit caused a mind gasm when it hit my ear drums

MaskedAvenger
09-27-2011, 06:40 AM
this shit already leaked, what do yall think?

corky831
09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
sick album

Djaminha
09-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Red Carpet = Beat Of The Year

fortyglock
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm coppin this as soon as it hits store here next week. I'm holding from listening to the whole album till then. I've only heard You and To Be Continued in full so far.

corky831
09-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Red Carpet = Beat Of The Year

This. Alc has made hundred's of great beats, but even Evidence thought this was one of Alc's best beats ever...my favorite track on the album

Poet_Laureate
09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
SIIIIIIIIIICK came in mail yesterday shit is fire, beats I don't even gotta mention em, scratches & vocal samples were in all right places

claaa7
10-15-2011, 12:21 PM
finally got my package with "Cats & Dogs" and the "Greneberg" EP, both on wax.. Alchemist is killing it this year, he laced 5 of the best songs on Ev's incredible album imo. "Cats & Dog" has an insane amount of replay value, i LOVE this LP; no question the best of the year so far. Ev is on point on the mic all the way through, sharp lines, sick delivery and worthwhile themes. it doesn't sound exactly like Dilated Peoples but D.P. heads would definitely not be dissapointed, it's a great balance between the vintage D.P. sound and his own choice of darker tracks.

although I would like this almost equally if it had not a single guest, the cameos are really good on here. the track with Prodigy and Roc Marciano is one of my favorites, i had just finished reading P's autobiography and that verse really tied into that which made me appreciate it even more. the joint with Raekwon and Ras Kass is of course unbelivable too, on some clash of the titans shit. the only thing I missed as far as guest goes was that Lil' Fame didn't drop a verse, he was great for the hook (M.O.P. always beefs up any song) but i wouldn't mind hearing some more Fizzy, oh well that's not even a complaint. good to see both Rakaa and DJ Babu on here too btw (Babu did scratches on maybe three songs).

i think it was a cool idea to use the beat from DJ Premier's "...Collected Dust" for outro, the one U-God also used. Ev really pulled it off and it was the perfect outro for the LP; Preem also layed down new scratches on it.

the last thing that made me appreciate the album even more was the packaging. a download could never fuck with a 2xLP set, from the soundquality to the art but this had some extra shit too. there's a big poster of a pic from the same shoot as the cover and the back of it is entirely black but with a white big EV logo in the middle. also the vinyls are coloured which is always cool - disc 1 is light yellow instead of black and disc 2 is light pink.

iTunes got two bonus tracks, i'll upload them to my blog later tonight for those who might have missed out!

angry!
10-15-2011, 12:32 PM
finally got my package with "Cats & Dogs" and the "Greneberg" EP, both on wax.. Alchemist is killing it this year, he laced 5 of the best songs on Ev's incredible album imo. "Cats & Dog" has an insane amount of replay value, i LOVE this LP; no question the best of the year so far. Ev is on point on the mic all the way through, sharp lines, sick delivery and worthwhile themes. it doesn't sound exactly like Dilated Peoples but D.P. heads would definitely not be dissapointed, it's a great balance between the vintage D.P. sound and his own choice of darker tracks.

although I would like this almost equally if it had not a single guest, the cameos are really good on here. the track with Prodigy and Roc Marciano is one of my favorites, i had just finished reading P's autobiography and that verse really tied into that which made me appreciate it even more. the joint with Raekwon and Ras Kass is of course unbelivable too, on some clash of the titans shit. the only thing I missed as far as guest goes was that Lil' Fame didn't drop a verse, he was great for the hook (M.O.P. always beefs up any song) but i wouldn't mind hearing some more Fizzy, oh well that's not even a complaint. good to see both Rakaa and DJ Babu on here too btw (Babu did scratches on maybe three songs).

i think it was a cool idea to use the beat from DJ Premier's "...Collected Dust" for outro, the one U-God also used. Ev really pulled it off and it was the perfect outro for the LP; Preem also layed down new scratches on it.

the last thing that made me appreciate the album even more was the packaging. a download could never fuck with a 2xLP set, from the soundquality to the art but this had some extra shit too. there's a big poster of a pic from the same shoot as the cover and the back of it is entirely black but with a white big EV logo in the middle. also the vinyls are coloured which is always cool - disc 1 is light yellow instead of black and disc 2 is light pink.

iTunes got two bonus tracks, i'll upload them to my blog later tonight for those who might have missed out!
PREACH!!!!!!

shit is OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still behind saigons album for me... but i think thats one of the best rap albums in EONS....

EV gotta be one of the biggest b boys doing it right now...

the graff... his production... his rhymes... his projects..

does it all...

i also love the DJ REVOLUTION cuts all over the place...

every feature, scratch, sample, made it better....

even when EV brings on new producers, they bring heat and stand toe to toe with brand names..

well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

claaa7
10-15-2011, 01:52 PM
^ yeah Saigon's album is great too, that's also one of my favorites.. i wasn't blown away the first time i heard it because it wasn't what i expected but since then it has grown on me constantly. it hasn't left the iPod since it first leaked.. I listen to a modified version of Saigon's LP though, with 11 tracks instead of 17, but with Ev's album I don't need to skip anything.

i uploaded the three bonus tracks in a .rar file, production by Alchemist, Statik Selektah and DJ Babu + a feature from Fashawn.

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2011/10/evidence-cats-dogs-bonus-tracks.html

OPTIMUS
10-15-2011, 02:12 PM
so good i dled the instrumental version

drippie k
10-15-2011, 02:13 PM
gunna wait for my cd. fuck mp3.
^^^still uses beepers n pay phones

Frank Sobotka
10-15-2011, 03:00 PM
who did what scratches?
I like to add those as guests.

RynMur
10-15-2011, 03:09 PM
^ DJ Revolution

Album is too fuckin ill. Top 5 of the year for me.

claaa7
10-15-2011, 05:21 PM
DJ Babu layed the cuts on a few of the songs as well

hashashin
10-16-2011, 08:45 AM
^ yeah Saigon's album is great too, that's also one of my favorites.. i wasn't blown away the first time i heard it because it wasn't what i expected but since then it has grown on me constantly. it hasn't left the iPod since it first leaked.. I listen to a modified version of Saigon's LP though, with 11 tracks instead of 17, but with Ev's album I don't need to skip anything.

i uploaded the three bonus tracks in a .rar file, production by Alchemist, Statik Selektah and DJ Babu + a feature from Fashawn.

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2011/10/evidence-cats-dogs-bonus-tracks.html

Definatley one of my favourite albums this year, thanks for the posting the extras. Didn't know there was a deluxe edition. Wish that sleep deprivation track had been on the CD!

laolu
10-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Album is so far in my top 5 of this year.

Djaminha
10-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Just me or do the vocal levels on this album seem strange, some tracks especially red carpet I can barely make out the lyrics.

RynMur
10-17-2011, 07:23 PM
my review....

http://www.nappyafro.com/2011/10/17/evidence-cats-dogs-review/