PDA

View Full Version : Speed of Darkness?

joe@itagain
09-24-2011, 05:39 AM
We Know the speed of Light, So what is the Speed of Dark?

The question has come to me while surfin the net and it boggled me. Since visible light is 186,212 miles/second in a vacuum, what is the speed of absence of light or darkness (if its possible).

Light travels in waves and on a spectrum chart visible light ranges between 390 THz and 800 THz. So any waves slower or fast becomes invisible, and what we consider "dark". Radio, microwave, and infrared are on the slower side of visible light...ultraviolet, x-ray, and gamma rays are on the faster side of visible light.

In reality, we have to ask what is light? Light is vibration. You know the saying "where there is thunder there is lightning". When this happens what we know of as "light" itself breaks the sound barrier to make a sound. Sound is a form of light, filtered through the atmosphere which also is audible, meaning there are some sounds to low to hear and too high pitch to hear.

If we refer to just visible light than it safe to say what we consider as "light" is actually "darkness". So space itself, is not dark. Everything we can "see" is everything we are. Anything we can not see is what we will be. So if we could break it down to measurement, what would that be?

Edgar Erebus
09-24-2011, 02:11 PM
http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/03/12/2/1437/14373728/16e6c988215f8b09_squidward-tentacles-face.jpg

Crackhead Bob
09-24-2011, 02:47 PM
darkness is the absence of light, just as cold is the absence of heat

both are nothing, mean nothing, and are just humanity's way of giving a name to something that doesn't exist.

june181972
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Everything that exists originates in the darkness. Zero must come before One, darkness must come before light/life.

Uncle Steezo
10-09-2011, 03:16 PM
No zero can never come before one because zero has no context without one.

Marwan
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
Me myself, I have a fascination with time, how its measured, how we perceive it and how to manipulate it/control it if possible...this topic is interesting and I dont get on here much anymore due to me not currently having a pc but i wanna build with u on this subject. If u frequent twitter hit me up either @marwangaither or just goto GraveyardShifters, Lady J.E.s page, or Big Skampoes page and look me up under following them.

Uncle Steezo
10-10-2011, 09:28 PM
light is all there is and ever was. darkeness is just an artifact of our 5 sense based reality. with the right tools you can "see" the darkness. what is darkness to a dolphin or a bat? what is darkness to an x-ray or infra red telescope?