PDA

View Full Version : Where do you rate Sean Combs/Diddy/Puffy

Twiztid-Wutang
09-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Where do you rate him on producing? He's a running punch line and one of the most selfish cats in the game...BUT...Its hard to deny that he has made hits. How do you rate him?

c6EkJCfS5Pc
qmYks8YKOZU
3TWJiZhg7C8
7ovf52H5ydg
nPWpFg4gwY0
N6XhzXB3oY8

Edgar Erebus
09-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Let's put aside that he's commercial, annoying, unoriginal and all that - this guy can really craft an album enjoyable from start to finish. Plus he's surprisingly good at finding good ghostproducers (come on, Easy Mo Bee, Six July, Nashiem Myrick, Younglord, Ez Elpee, all of them can thank him that they have a career) and making them produce their stuff well.

Twiztid-Wutang
09-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Let's put aside that he's commercial, annoying, unoriginal and all that - this guy can really craft an album enjoyable from start to finish. Plus he's surprisingly good at finding good ghostproducers (come on, Easy Mo Bee, Six July, Nashiem Myrick, Younglord, Ez Elpee, all of them can thank him that they have a career) and making them produce their stuff well.

Agreed. Looking beyond the behind the scenes crap. He has made ALOT of great music whether sampled or not

main_man
09-25-2011, 02:44 PM
is "scumfuck" a rating?

cause if it is, thats what i'd rate him.

ShaDynasty
09-25-2011, 04:49 PM
Hes a funny cat. Plenty of people who worked with him will tell you that he has a genuinely musical mind, although he doesn't play an instrument he stands over producers in the studio until they make the track right, he knows music and he works with the right people, he put on some of the best artists of the 90s for christs sake!

His solo shit varies but 'No Way Out' is classic and 'Last Train To Paris' was an enjoyable album.

Personally I just enjoy seeing him on TV cos I find him funny, his persona is 'corny rich guy pretending to be a rapper'. How can you not enjoy that?

Mr. R&B
09-25-2011, 05:31 PM
He's good as an executive producer, he knows what a track should sound like and sequences albums well.

Most of the stuff he did with R&B acts in the 90's was well put together, I always thought he was better suited for that type of stuff rather than Hip-Hop.

No Way Out was a good album, but moreso for the guest features & co-producers than anything that Puffy did or said.

I think Puffy's mic prescene is flat as fuck, this guy made Biggie and Royce Da 5'9 ghostwrittens sound boring.

I guess that's a talent in and of itself.

ShaDynasty
09-25-2011, 05:49 PM
No Way Out was a good album, but moreso for the guest features & co-producers than anything that Puffy did or said.

But he had Biggie, Mark Curry, Ma$e and god knows who else writing for him, the rhymes are solid. And the stuff Puffy did and said was collaborate and throw loops, hooks and rappers together. He was the mastermind like he was with 'Ready To Die', cos if BIG made that album alone it would guaranteed be a lot different and not as well rounded or good basically. Puff has that vision, hes also a cold hearted businessmen cos as soon as BIG died 'No Way Out' turned into an album about death and BIGs memory, he totally capitalized on BIGs death.

Liking his voice (or mic presence) is something else, I think he has a pretty cool laidback thing going on on tracks like on 'Pass The Courvosier', 'World Is Filled' etc

Mr. R&B
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I meant anything he did or said performance wise, I agree about the structuring of the album.

He always has ill rappers ghostwrite his shit, and it still manages to sound mediocre coming from Puff.

I said that's where his talent lies, in the formation and sequencing of albums.

You get too bent outta shape over semantics sometimes.

oDoUoSoKo
09-25-2011, 09:56 PM
on a scale from 1-shit? Dysentery

theheavens
09-26-2011, 12:21 AM
just a notch below satan

racist randy
09-26-2011, 12:43 AM
p diddy is the god

Mr. R&B
09-26-2011, 02:08 AM
on a scale from 1-shit? Dysentery

lmao!!!!!

JiggaGenious
09-26-2011, 06:37 AM
OTJeZbdDjQI
God made Puffy and said let there be laughter.