PDA

View Full Version : Tim Wise owns privileged republican white college student over racist bake sale

IrOnMaN
09-25-2011, 05:47 PM
(CNN) -- Campus Republicans at the University of California Berkeley have cooked up a storm of controversy with their plans for a bake sale.
But it's not your everyday collegiate fundraiser they've got in mind.

They've developed a sliding scale where the price of the cookie or brownie depends on your gender and the color of your skin.

During the sale, scheduled for Tuesday, baked goods will be sold to white men for $2.00, Asian men for $1.50, Latino men for $1.00, black men for $0.75 and Native American men for $0.25. All women will get $0.25 off those prices.

"The pricing structure is there to bring attention, to cause people to get a little upset," Campus Republican President Shawn Lewis, who planned the event, told CNN-affiliate KGO. "But it's really there to cause people to think more critically about what this kind of policy would do in university admissions."

Lewis says it's a way to make a statement about pending legislation that would let the California universities consider race or national origin during the admission process.

But the young Republicans have been on the receiving end of a fierce backlash. Reaction has been so negative they've been forced to cancel their customary lunchtime tabling duties, according to KGO.

Lewis told CNN's Don Lemon that they expected a certain amount of opposition but not the level of outrage they experienced.

"We didn't expect the volume, the amount of response that we got," Lewis said. "In the first few hours, hundreds of posts on our Facebook page. And the tone of some of the responses -- we expected people to be upset. We didn't expect personal threats to be made. They were implicit and explicit threats made to the organizers of the event, from burning down the table to throwing our baked goods at us and other kinds of physical threats."

Tim Wise, author of the book "White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son," calls the bake sale a "sarcastic and rather smarmy slap at people of color."

"There are a lot of ways to make a point about your disagreement with affirmative action," Wise told Lemon Saturday night.

"I get the joke," he continued. "How very original. It's been done for 15 years. The point that I think needs to be made ... is that by the time anyone steps on a college campus ... there has already been 12- to 13-years of institutionalized affirmative action for white folks, that is to say, racially embedded inequality, which has benefited those of us who are white. And it's only at the point of college admissions that these folks seem to get concerned with color consciousness."

Lewis insists, however, that Campus Republicans will go ahead with their bake sale and are committed to their controversial pricing structure.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/25/us/california-racial-bake-sale/index.html

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts about this. Do you guys think that affirmative action should be banned? Please do not mention Obama's success.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
09-25-2011, 06:04 PM
its racist .. stop doing it .. and continue with our lives .. equality all around to tell you the truth if there weren't things in place to have colleges take people of diffewrant ethnic backrounds i think it would be alot harder to get in ... racism is probably stronger then it ever was in a sense because in this day and age its not considered "racism" ... if you get what im saying ? ... and the only people who dont see it as a problem are the people who don't have to experience it... i mean words only have power if you give them power...

but FUCK that shit if your a MAN and someone calls you a faggot , spic , dickhead , nigger , or any type of derogatory term .. BEAT THAT NIGGAS ASS AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR ABOVE IT OR CIVILIZED SOMETIMES THINGS NEED TO BE SOLVED WITH VIOLENCE ... i bet if you beat the complete shit out of a neonazi theyll atleast think twice about calling you a nigger or anyother black person for that matter...

ALSO racism towards whites needs to stop too ... and the stereotypes for whites aren't even negative lol okay they're polite , go to work , dont beat their kids , live in nice neighborhoods, talk proper and have good marraiges...

what it all comes down to is your ENVIROMENT if race wasnt looked at by people in this day and age there would really be no stand out traits between races... and i fuck race its the cultural influence if anything... a white person growing up in an all african american neighborhood like fucking watts or something could be just as or even more so ignorant as his black counter parts.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-25-2011, 06:42 PM
you notice how its a privideged white liberal faggot doing most of the hating.

White liberals are the biggest enemy to white people. These politically correct contrarians whose whole agenda is to bring their own people down because they got bullied in grade and high school.

If i was black I'd be all over this bake sale. .75 cents, thats a fuckin steal. I'd be slangin cornbread loaves like crack.

BLACK BART SIMPSON
09-25-2011, 07:10 PM

White liberals are the biggest enemy to white people. These politically correct contrarians whose whole agenda is to bring their own people down because they got bullied in grade and high school.

If i was black I'd be all over this bake sale. .75 cents, thats a fuckin steal. I'd be slangin cornbread loaves like crack.

yea truthfully my crib would be stocked with baked goods that id sell at a higher price from my own bake sale lol ...

EAGLE EYE
09-25-2011, 07:18 PM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6081/6112745786_5b4a9db790_z.jpg

check two
09-25-2011, 07:54 PM
What would it cost Don Lemon to purchase the baked goods?

Mr. R&B
09-25-2011, 08:02 PM
He'd probably get the female's discount for being a queer.

IrOnMaN
09-26-2011, 01:41 PM

I'm surprised!

whitey
09-26-2011, 06:14 PM
affirmative action is bullshit.

i dont care what the job is, doctor, lawyer, cop, fireman, ect. i want the person best qualified to do that job correctly to be the one doing it.

i dont want a minority to be doing it over a white guy just because we need to "even things up". i have no problem with a minority in any of those positions. just earn it. that goes for everyone.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2011, 06:25 PM
its California...a liberal haven. I'm not saying liberal politics aren't necessary and needed, but when it is allowed to run amok, this type of shit happens.

Reverse discrimmination.

And its not that these liberals are for the blacks and latinos...they are not. They are anti-establishment. Doesnt matter whose on top.

In a way, its somewhat noble, but most get blinded by there own agendas and become characters

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-26-2011, 07:04 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llzv5g4aNo1qatt68.gif

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2011, 07:12 PM
damn right Morgan got nuthin to say. i just crushed his wormhole

IrOnMaN
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
He'd probably get the female's discount for being a queer.

All right. Just because he's intelligent doesn't mean he's gay. He wouldn't be considered a threat, now would he?

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
^he's a queer because he's gay. as in, he really is into dudes.

EAGLE EYE
09-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Yes - he is in fact a gay man. He's even said so in his videos.

If you look at his youtube or wshh video comments, most blacks believe he's trying to impose his agenda on them or equate his plight to theirs. They basically trash the guy from what I've observed.

Mr. R&B
09-26-2011, 07:59 PM
All right. Just because he's intelligent doesn't mean he's gay. He wouldn't be considered a threat, now would he?

Nah bruh, he's actually gay.

Don Lemon came out on a primetime CNN broadcast just a few months ago.

I can't recall the exact date it was aired, but I happened to be channel surfing and caught his confession.

I don't think he had even come out to his parents before putting the news out on national TV.

EAGLE EYE
09-26-2011, 08:07 PM
I BET He LISTENS TO COLDPLAY

http://images.wikia.com/simpsons/it/images/9/94/Nelson.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Exactly. These people who were "outcasts" just want to get even with "society" and they will use any means to do it.

If thats placating to minorities, than so be it.

By now, most educated people should be hip to these strategies.

food for thought
09-26-2011, 08:13 PM
I was watching this faggitry on cnn when it happened

Olive Oil Goombah
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
please you were probably up in arms about it until you realized dude was gay and you had to distance yourself to keep your manlove for Skylar a secret.....in the real world.

EAGLE EYE
09-26-2011, 08:17 PM
I was watching this faggitry on cnn when it happened

Wise coming out of the closet? or this bake sale thing?

Mr. R&B
09-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I only listen to Coldplay when Joe Budden samples their shit...

cb9JZN1-ULc

food for thought
09-26-2011, 11:02 PM
Wise coming out of the closet? or this bake sale thing?

when they had this wise dude and the faggit kid on cnn talking about the bake sale thing

food for thought
09-26-2011, 11:03 PM
_q-L9kqhek0

check two
09-26-2011, 11:12 PM

lol

food for thought
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
lmao also tetris,

whats your beef with "privileged" people? lmao youre always going off about that shit?

Youre mad that some kids were born better off than others?

Arent you going to strive to make a better life for your children if you ever have some?

LOL what are you going to raise them in the ghetto so their not "privileged"

faggit logic.

Its the same logic faggits use when they act like living in the hood and/or crime ridden areas is something to brag about.

LMAO

normal people who arent faggits move OUT of the hood.

Not INTO it.

IrOnMaN
09-29-2011, 03:53 PM
Youre mad that some kids were born better off than others?

Yes.

Arent you going to strive to make a better life for your children if you ever have some?

I don't want any kids.

normal people who arent faggits move OUT of the hood.

Not INTO it.

I understand this.

Look, I don't hate anyone. I just hate the fact that money IS what life in America is all about, period. Privileged people don't understand this because they have money.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I think i've finally figured tetris moa out.

He desperately wants to be a drag queen.

I mean, have you seen his smooth baby face? He could easily pass as a women cuz most black chicks look rather mannish anyway.

IrOnMaN
09-30-2011, 02:51 PM
I think i've finally figured tetris moa out.

He desperately wants to be a drag queen.

Not a chance!

I mean, have you seen his smooth baby face? He could easily pass as a women

You're like the 50th person who has said this to me.

most black chicks look rather mannish anyway.

Lol. Only the fat and ugly ones.

check two
09-30-2011, 03:05 PM
lol aren't like over 70 percent of black women in the US overweight?

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Tectrus moa wouldnt make a good drag queen name. He would need to call himself Ira Banks or Detroit Buttermilk.

IrOnMaN
09-30-2011, 03:40 PM
lol aren't like over 70 percent of black women in the US overweight?

That's a pretty big percentage, if you ask me.

check two
09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
That's a pretty big percentage, if you ask me.

Some black women are in denial about being overweight. 250 pounds isn't an average weight.

IrOnMaN
09-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Some black women are in denial about being overweight. 250 pounds isn't an average weight.

If he body is a nice shape, I'd hit. Big girl sex is a lot of fun!

check two
09-30-2011, 03:48 PM
hahahah, so you're into BBW? You ought to hang out at the projects more often.

IrOnMaN
09-30-2011, 04:30 PM
hahahah, so you're into BBW? You ought to hang out at the projects more often.

To be honest, I'm not into big chicks. It all depends on the person she is. I only had two throughout my life, though.

Me hanging out in the project is not even a consideration.

BASCO
09-30-2011, 10:07 PM
ira banks ....

shit had me on the floor

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-02-2011, 10:33 AM
If he body is a nice shape, I'd hit. Big girl sex is a lot of fun!

Girls should be 60 pounds lighter than me not 60 pounds heavier. I draw the line at like 130 if she's tall. I don't think I can even bench 250. If you can't bench a bitch she's way too fat for you.

I mean I'd fuck two 125 pound chicks but not a 250 pound chick. Honestly did she eat her twin before birth? How does a woman healthy enough for sex weight 250?

JASPER
10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Affirmative Action is an example of brilliant tricknowledgery.

As if the standards of the white man in the U.S.A. is the pinnacle of civilization, and something for the Blackman to deem truly essential to his way of life.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-02-2011, 12:25 PM
on the subject of big girls,i told one she had a double chin a few weeks ago and she kicked me on the leg,shit still hurts smh

EAGLE EYE
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
must of been like being kicked by a buffalo

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-05-2011, 07:11 AM
it was quite the experience if I may say so lol

yonder
10-06-2011, 05:37 AM

just like my main man winston churchill put it:
"The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists."

i dont know if these fags are aware of the damage they do. i hope they realize that in a few years, but then its already too late.