PDA

View Full Version : Last Nas l.p. I bought was Street's Disciple

David Daniel Davis
09-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Am I missing anything by not owning Hip Hop is Dead and Nigger?

16th_Chamber
09-29-2011, 08:15 PM
download and find out, but no, you're not.

sickdog
09-30-2011, 10:36 AM
hh is dead is a must have. nigger sucked.

Prime8
09-30-2011, 11:26 AM
HHiD & Untitled >> Street's Disciple, IMO.

I prefer Untitled to HHiD, but that's not what most people think.

claaa7
09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
i agree with poster above me no doubt

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
09-30-2011, 06:22 PM
untitled was dope, but some of the production could have been better it need more salaam remi and a few of the tracks that were on the mixtape like "Cops Keep Firing"

oldie
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM
IMO all three albums mentioned aren't upto much but one of the latter two is better than the other. Streets Disciple is trash, it's like he's just took a whole bunch of filler tracks
And put em together. I haven't listened to HHID or 'Unititled' as it's known as in years.
Nas has released a dope mixtape since those albums but I forget the name .
His next album Life Is Good had better be a killer!

hide1998
10-01-2011, 06:52 PM
All 3 albums were dope, with Untitled being the best of the 3.

OntheHorizon
10-01-2011, 07:04 PM
It depends how big a fan of Nas you are really, if your just a casual fan then there's no point but If Nas is one of your favorite MC's then you'll find summin on HHIS and Nigger that you'll like.......... Especially nowadays, aint like you gotta go to a store, spend money and risk dissapointment, just do what every other real hip hop head with a laptop does, Find a mediafire link, Download them and pick out the tracks you like, guarantee you'll find a few

Longbongcilvaringz
10-04-2011, 06:03 AM
http://www.factmag.com/2010/10/07/nas-pens-open-and-angry-letter-to-def-jam-over-lost-tapes-2/

"From: Nas

To: LA Reid, Steve Bartels, Steve Gawley, Michael Seltzer, Joseph Borrino, Chris Hicks
Subject: PUT MY SH*T OUT!

Peace to all,

With all do respect to you all, Nas is NOBODY’s slave. This is not the 1800′s, respect me and I will respect you.

I won’t even tap dance around in an email, I will get right into it. People connect to the Artist @ the end of the day, they don’t connect with the executives. Honestly, nobody even cares what label puts out a great record, they care about who recorded it. Yet time and time again its the executives who always stand in the way of a creative artist’s dream and aspirations. You don’t help draw the truth from my deepest and most inner soul, you don’t even do a great job @ selling it. The #1 problem with DEF JAM is pretty simple and obvious, the executives think they are the stars. You aren’t…. not even close. As a matter of fact, you wish you were, but it didn’t work out so you took a desk job. To the consumer, I COME FIRST. Stop trying to deprive them! I have a fan base that dies for my music and a RAP label that doesn’t understand RAP. Pretty fucked up situation

This isn’t the 90′s though. Beefing with record labels is so 15 years ago. @ this point I just need you all to be very clear where I stand and how I feel about “my label.” I could go on twitter or hot 97 tomorrow and get 100,000 protesters @ your building but I choose to walk my own path my own way because since day one I have been my own man. I did business with Tommy Mottola and Donnie Einer, two of the most psycho dudes this business ever created. I worked well with them for one major reason……. they believed in me. The didn’t give a f**k about what any radio station or magazine said….those dudes had me.

Lost Tapes is a movement and a very important set up piece for my career as it stands. I started this over 5 years ago @ Columbia and nobody knew what it was or what it did but the label put it out as an LP and the fans went crazy for it and I single handlely built a new brand of rap albums. It’s smart and after 5 years it’s still a head of the game. This feels great and you not feeling what I’m feeling is disturbing. Don’t get in the way of my creativity. We are aligned with the stars here, this is a movement. There is a thing called KARMA that comes to haunt you when you tamper with the aligning stars. WE ARE GIVING THE PEOPLE EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT. Stop throwing dog s**ton a MAGICAL moment.

You don’t get another Nas recording that doesn’t count against my deal….PERIOD! Keep your bulls**t $200,000.00 fund. Open the REAL budget. This is a New York pioneers ALBUM, there ain’t many of us. I am ready to drop in the 4th quarter. You don’t even have s**tcoming out! Stop being your own worst enemy. Let’s get money!

-N.Jones"

oldie
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Is Lost Tapes 2 ever dropping??

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Nas is totally right, 'Lost Tapes' is his best album other than Illmatic. I really connected to that record, even now its so real. And the fact is Nas probably has more material like that that didn't get on an album because it didn't fit in with his album conecpt. The irony is that those introspective, sombre tracks on 'Lost Tapes' made a better LP than any of the albums they weren't good enough for.

In response to the topic, 'Untitled' is a great album, infact take 3 or 4 tracks off and its a classic. 'Hip Hop Is Dead' has some decent songs, and you know Nas is fire on the mic but it doesn't work as an album at all. I listen to those tracks if they come on shuffle but as an album it sucks.

Osi
10-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Nas is totally right, 'Lost Tapes' is his best album other than Illmatic. I really connected to that record, even now its so real. And the fact is Nas probably has more material like that that didn't get on an album because it didn't fit in with his album conecpt. The irony is that those introspective, sombre tracks on 'Lost Tapes' made a better LP than any of the albums they weren't good enough for.

In response to the topic, 'Untitled' is a great album, infact take 3 or 4 tracks off and its a classic. 'Hip Hop Is Dead' has some decent songs, and you know Nas is fire on the mic but it doesn't work as an album at all. I listen to those tracks if they come on shuffle but as an album it sucks.

If I remember correctly, a lot of the Lost Tapes material wasn't necessarily cut because of it's quality, it had to do with the original I Am.. double disc leaking and Nas having to quickly scrap the project and try and come out with new material (Hence Nastradamus sounding cheap and I Am.. being half great half mediocre).

Oh, and I totally disagree about HHiD, that was an excellent album and one of the best in a pretty good year musically. I love how the album goes from hard hitting street rap in the first half to the soulful songs like Can't Forget About You and Still Dreaming. That's a top 5 Nas album to me, so underrated.

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
'Can't Forget About You' is dope, and 'Money Over Bullshit' but the rest of it isn't impressive really, and the production is all over the place. 12 producers, 12 tracks, shit can't gel.

Nas needs to get that LT2 out and that fuckin Premo album out. We can all agree on that.

theheavens
10-04-2011, 10:01 PM
you know how there are some albums that kinda suck, yet you try to convince yourself that they're actually good just because you like the art cover?

meet Street's Disciple...

http://blog.deadbent.com/mt/archives/pics/nas_20Streets_20disciple.jpg

and this bundle of disappointment...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61KoLVE5zPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I've stared at the album cover longer than I've actually listened to the music inside.....

oldie
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
^^^haha agreed to the fullest! Although Wu Masacrw is the better of the two

drippie k
10-06-2011, 03:55 AM
i tried hard to like streets disciple but it never grew on me, just the first 2 songs and a few others, to me it's his worst album, worse than nastradamus..hiphop is dead on the other hand was pretty fucking good, i liked it a lot and the cover was so sick..untitled on the other hand was pretty weak, couple good songs the rest is shit..i dont wanna hear a fucking song with him n busta rhymes talking about fried chicken is bad for you, wtf???

how come no one hardly mentions god's son?? that's his best besides illmatic i think..then goes stillmatic

hide1998
10-06-2011, 09:57 AM
lol @ simple minds not feeling/understanding the depth of Untitled.

oDoUoSoKo
10-06-2011, 10:20 AM
smh Streets disciple worse than nastradamus? oy vay