PDA

View Full Version : Bank of America will start charging $5 monthly fee for debit card use

EAGLE EYE
09-29-2011, 09:11 PM
ahh yes, the greed continues

http://blogs.wsj.com/deals/2011/09/29/bofa-finds-new-way-of-making-money-5-debit-card-charge/?mod=e2tw

I don't use this bank. I instead use a credit union, but for those who do - it sucks to be you. You are now out another $60 annually.

That could be a concert ticket, text book, hooker, quarter oz, etc

CEITEDMOFO
09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GONNA EFFECT ROBBYs SUNTRUST BANK AS WELL

Other large U.S. banks including Wells Fargo & Co, JPMorgan Chase & Co and SunTrust Banks Inc are testing or planning monthly debit card fees.

tDbo-iNOJLg&start=27
"WHEN ROBBYS DOING BAD GOING THRU DEPRESSION
LOOK AT ME
IM LIKE A IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
MY BRAINS LIKE A COMPASS MONEYS MY DIRECTION
SO I DON'T EVER FEEL THE EFFECTS OF THE RECESSION"

Fresh
09-29-2011, 09:48 PM
i remember i went shopping for clothes with my debit card and bought a few things and ended up going into NEGATIVE on my DEBIT card. with no over draft. fucking disgrace that they took money out of my acount even though i had no fucking money TO take out. Got charged and everything!

diggy
09-29-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't use dat bank either, but I made it a rule of myself to not use debit for ANY payment unless I'm stuck - like an expensive purchase or I forgot to keep dough on me.

I keep dough in ma wallet cuz that's whut they for. I use this rule to avoid fees, digi-theft, and to keep ma privacy. I disassociate ma self from da 1984 Orwellian society where I can.

EAGLE EYE
09-29-2011, 10:29 PM
LOOKS LIKE THIS IS GONNA EFFECT ROBBYs SUNTRUST BANK AS WELL

Other large U.S. banks including Wells Fargo & Co, JPMorgan Chase & Co and SunTrust Banks Inc are testing or planning monthly debit card fees.

tDbo-iNOJLg&start=27
"WHEN ROBBYS DOING BAD GOING THRU DEPRESSION
LOOK AT ME
IM LIKE A IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
MY BRAINS LIKE A COMPASS MONEYS MY DIRECTION
SO I DON'T EVER FEEL THE EFFECTS OF THE RECESSION"

NOPE.

PRetty sure credit union members are exempt from this kind of shit. I never pay ATM fees either cuz of my coop network.

As 4 YOU..

http://i51.tinypic.com/2z8w8dz.png

Mr. R&B
09-29-2011, 10:29 PM
I do use this bank and I'm sick of the fuckery.

I'm going to switch to a credit union, fuck the bullshit..

CEITEDMOFO
09-29-2011, 10:37 PM
NOPE.

PRetty sure credit union members are exempt from this kind of shit. I never pay ATM fees either cuz of my coop network.

As 4 YOU..

http://i51.tinypic.com/2z8w8dz.png

LMAO WTf

SOMETIMES WHEN IM DRUNK I GIVE A HOT CHICK 3 DOLLAR TIP FOR A DRINK
BECAUSE I KNOW THaT WOULD DISTURB NICKYTOUCHs LIFE IF HE SAW ME DO THAT AT HIS FAVORITE PUB TO HIS FAVORITE BARTENDER

JUST NOW I GAVE THE PIZZA GUY A 5 DOLLAR TIP, THAT WOULD RUIN RODNEYs WEEKEND

RzaRectum
09-29-2011, 10:43 PM
I never had any problems with my BOA account. I've been there since 2001. Good bye Bank of America.. Yes, over $5.00/month.

check two
09-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Debit cards are overrated anyway. They are used mostly by females with excessive facial hair stubble. This will lead to even more people going into credit card debt. I smh when I see some slut using a credit card to buy Runts candy at the stores.

Cash is still where it's at.

CEITEDMOFO
09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
I NEVER OWNED A CREDIT CARD IN MY LIFE, IM ONE OF THE LEGENDS THAT DOESNT OWE THOUSANDs

check two
09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
Bank of America also helped start the trend last year of more and more credit card companies charging an annual fee just to have the card. lol

It's easy to get money from armored cars.

EAGLE EYE
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I NEVER OWNED A CREDIT CARD IN MY LIFE, IM ONE OF THE LEGENDS THAT DOESNT OWE THOUSANDs

you are the poster child of living on credit

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9l23eRlC1qaewjj.gif

RzaRectum
09-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Bank of America also helped start the trend last year of more and more credit card companies charging an annual fee just to have the card. lol

It's easy to get money from armored cars.

ALL the banks have been forced to find new ways to regenerate the revenue they've lost from Obama's credit reform. Plus Amex has always had an annual fee to maintain their cards.

Uncle Steezo
09-30-2011, 01:51 AM
wow! a whole $5? !?!?!?! OUTRAGEOUS!!!
thats like 16˘ a day !!!
who can afford to pay those kind of fees?
robby can't, thats for sure.

RzaRectum
09-30-2011, 02:16 AM
$5 isn't going to break me in the least. However, it's a nuisance to suddenly pay every month for something you've had for free all along. Honestly, there are more imaginative ways to generate revenue instead of trying to nickel and dime.

Uncle Steezo
09-30-2011, 02:26 AM
according to sally struthers, you could feed a tissa for a day for the same amount. so i guess in that respect its kinda expensive. but still, i'm more pissed about the BoA bailout than anything.

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 03:00 AM
wow! a whole $5? !?!?!?! OUTRAGEOUS!!!
thats like 16˘ a day !!!
who can afford to pay those kind of fees?
robby can't, thats for sure.

None of this is even applicable to me. Did you miss the part where i said i use a credit union?

You do realize some of these wucorpians cant afford a frozen pizza or flat brim hat?

CEITEDMOFO
09-30-2011, 04:05 PM
CREDIT UNIONs ARE FOR FAGS

IrOnMaN
09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
CREDIT UNIONs ARE FOR FAGS

Credit Unions are a good way to help improve a person's credit. Also, they don't charge outrageous fees like most banks do. In my opinion, they're a good place to deposit your money.

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 06:10 PM
My FICO score is in the in the 760's

I guess getting the lowest rate on a 30 yr fixed mortgage is pretty gay haha

LOL that must be cholombian or Jersey logic.... pay an extra 15-20k on a house, because you were fiscally retarded your entire life.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-30-2011, 06:21 PM
My debit card is very convenient. I dont have to go take out cash at the bank all the time...i can withdraw cash whenever i want.

My checking account is convenient too. I dont have to pay for money orders or go pay cash in person.

A small monthly fee for this conveniece? Sure why not.

And when you use your debit card to make purchases, always be sure to check credit instead of debit cuz some places charge you to use the debit.

Fun fact of the day.

I do prefer paying cash so i like to always have some on me, but for gas and groceries, i always use the debit card.

Its Less than the interest charged on a credit card too.

But just make sure you go to your own banks ATM cuz some of those faggots will rape you.

For instance...

NEVER use an ATM at a strip club, or if you do bring lube and put a rubber on your card before you slide it in that dirty hole.

CEITEDMOFO
09-30-2011, 06:53 PM
My FICO score is in the in the 760's

C3njjD41f48

ShaDynasty
09-30-2011, 07:22 PM
i remember i went shopping for clothes with my debit card and bought a few things and ended up going into NEGATIVE on my DEBIT card. with no over draft. fucking disgrace that they took money out of my acount even though i had no fucking money TO take out. Got charged and everything!

Haha you stupid motherfucker. Yeah its the banks fault...

I don't have credit cards cos its stupid unless you're using it for an investment, most people just build a big amount of debt, and for what? a holiday and a flatscreen that they could have afforded anyway if they were better at managing their funds.

check two
09-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Heat meets his future dates in line at the check cashing joint

CEITEDMOFO
09-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I GOT DIRECT DEPOSIT. ONLY MORMONS RECIEVE CHECKs
HkHfzpr9q_o

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 07:45 PM
My debit card is very convenient. I dont have to go take out cash at the bank all the time...i can withdraw cash whenever i want.

My checking account is convenient too. I dont have to pay for money orders or go pay cash in person.

A small monthly fee for this conveniece? Sure why not.

And when you use your debit card to make purchases, always be sure to check credit instead of debit cuz some places charge you to use the debit.

Fun fact of the day.

I do prefer paying cash so i like to always have some on me, but for gas and groceries, i always use the debit card.

Its Less than the interest charged on a credit card too.

But just make sure you go to your own banks ATM cuz some of those faggots will rape you.

For instance...

NEVER use an ATM at a strip club, or if you do bring lube and put a rubber on your card before you slide it in that dirty hole.

Now that these new regulations went into effect to safe guard merchants from debit transaction fees, the banks want to take the easy route of rebounding from profit losses by leveraging their customers who already have an abundance of fees to begin with.

Seems counterproductive as well, if we are trying to move into a cashless society. Debit cards came out in the 80's I believe? Introducing a luxary fee at this point in time will anger long time customers. Look what happened to Netflix a couple weeks back, they are paying the ultimate price. Over a million subscribers(and counting) are now gone.

If the banks were smart they would charge a fee for brand new innovations like depositing checks with iphone/android apps.

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 07:46 PM
I GOT DIRECT DEPOSIT. ONLY MORMONS RECIEVE CHECKs
HkHfzpr9q_o

ROFiLL

http://www.thingslatinosloveorhate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/mormons.jpg

Mumm Ra
09-30-2011, 07:51 PM
wait what happened with netflix, i just signed up a month ago

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 08:05 PM
For the longest time you could have 1 or two DVDs out at a time and use their streaming service through ps3, roku boxes, or tv's that have their app built in. That amounted to $9.99 I think.

They decided to separate streaming and mailed dvds into two different plans. If you actually used the combination, you will now have to pay around $15-16 a month or possibly to $20 something to continue with what you originally had in the beginning.

So it was basically a 60% price hike. I use the streaming, but their catalog sucks ass and never gets updated. It doesnt have new releases or certain movies that are dvd only.

They also changed the DVD service name to "QWIKSTER".

Mumm Ra
09-30-2011, 08:15 PM
ah yes, i never used it before the change and i go through my xbox

but yeah i agree with the rest, it was good for watching lost but their movie catalog blows

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Some new company will come along and put the nail in the coffin. I heard Amazon's video service is growing pretty big.

check two
09-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Blockbuster is going to rebound some also from this. Though Netflix can recoup if they start offering more VHS titles.

ShaDynasty
09-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Honestly I would have thought DVD renting would have died out by now with streaming, upload sites, TV channels pretty much playing everything you can rent on demand etc.

I mean it can't be long before theres not enough market for them to make money off it

EAGLE EYE
09-30-2011, 08:55 PM
ISPs hate Netflix and streaming in general. It forces them to either upgrade their infrastructure or cap users.

Olive Oil Goombah
09-30-2011, 09:08 PM
that reminds me, i gotta check that neflix bullshit and cancel. i dont even use it.

diggy
09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Honestly I would have thought DVD renting would have died out by now with streaming, upload sites, TV channels pretty much playing everything you can rent on demand etc.

I mean it can't be long before theres not enough market for them to make money off it

Funny.

Today is the last day for blockbuster up here in Canada. On the news it said dvd's were going for $10 for 10. Maybe other countries are next. I wouldn't care though. Movies coming out these days don't even impress me enough go see them even on the internet. Couldn't tell ya the last time I paid to see a movie.

Olive Oil Goombah
10-01-2011, 10:14 AM
it was probably aat some peep show in the gay district, you little fairytale

CEITEDMOFO
10-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Blockbuster is going to rebound some also from this.

NA THE REDBOX MACHINES AT GAS STATIONs MURKED BLOCKBUSTER
http://www.communitynewspapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/KioskBig-767868.jpg

mG1vWJOp944

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM
JUST NOW I GAVE THE PIZZA GUY A 5 DOLLAR TIP

im sure you did...

http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy213/irondan1/gayheatpizza.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
10-01-2011, 11:15 AM
really, who the fuck tips the pizza boy that besides pedofiles.

check two
10-01-2011, 01:07 PM
NA THE REDBOX MACHINES AT GAS STATIONs MURKED BLOCKBUSTER
http://www.communitynewspapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/KioskBig-767868.jpg

mG1vWJOp944

Blockbuster has their own $1 a night kiosks sprouting up all over the place too.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
10-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I use a Canadian Bank because I figure they're the last people to screw me...

Toronto Dominion has you all in check.

RzaRectum
10-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Lots of places don't accept checks from Canadian banks. LOL

Frank Sobotka
10-05-2011, 02:34 AM

There's still a market for CD's.

Some people don't bootleg, they actually support the product!

Or

They like the whole ritual, buying a dvd when it comes out, playing it when they get home.

RzaRectum
10-05-2011, 10:42 AM
There's still a market for CD's.

Some people don't bootleg, they actually support the product!

Or

They like the whole ritual, buying a dvd when it comes out, playing it when they get home.
..and leaving their $20 expenditure on the shelf after their done. LOL

Mumm Ra
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM
For the longest time you could have 1 or two DVDs out at a time and use their streaming service through ps3, roku boxes, or tv's that have their app built in. That amounted to $9.99 I think.

They decided to separate streaming and mailed dvds into two different plans. If you actually used the combination, you will now have to pay around $15-16 a month or possibly to $20 something to continue with what you originally had in the beginning.

So it was basically a 60% price hike. I use the streaming, but their catalog sucks ass and never gets updated. It doesnt have new releases or certain movies that are dvd only.

They also changed the DVD service name to "QWIKSTER".

hey I got an email today -

Dear Mumm Ra,

It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs.

This means no change: one website, one account, one password…in other words, no Qwikster.

While the July price change was necessary, we are now done with price changes.

We're constantly improving our streaming selection. We've recently added hundreds of movies from Paramount, Sony, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax. Plus, in the last couple of weeks alone, we've added over 3,500 TV episodes from ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA, E!, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, TLC, SyFy, A&E, History, and PBS.

We value you as a member, and we are committed to making Netflix the best place to get your movies & TV shows.

Respectfully,

The Netflix Team

pwned

EAGLE EYE
10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
yea the separation of services back fired and made their stock price plummet, so the only reasonable thing to do was kill the idea

but that bullshit price hike isn't going away

food for thought
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM
i got that email too

diggy
11-01-2011, 06:07 PM
apparently, there will be no $5 charge anymore.

EAGLE EYE
11-01-2011, 06:22 PM
a lot of people wised up though and switched to a C.U.

RzaRectum
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
apparently, there will be no $5 charge anymore.

That's good news. Now they can focus on making money from new mortgage loans.. :lmao: