7.SHAKE DAT featuring Jamie *******
produced by Goldfingaz

8.BIG BUSINESS featuring Shyheim & Crunch
produced by Neonek

9.REVENGE featuring Timbo King
produced by Inspectah Deck

10.ONE WAY 2 ZION featuring Culture
produced by Neonek

not my favorite of his albums, but it did have some ok songs. Supermodel sounds great live and Love Is The Message reminds me of Rae on Spring Water. i wished it had more Wu producers!

abasi
10-26-2005, 02:17 PM
weakest wu album ever
the only bright spot was big business

mic-cord-strangler
10-26-2005, 07:02 PM
i never heard this album. saw the supermodel video a couple times. ill beat

Frank Drebin
10-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Worst shit ever fucked me right of. JERMAINE DU FUCKIN PRE???? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT! 1/10

claaa7
05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
It's an aight LP in my opinion, I thought it was gonna be total bullshit after I read the reviews on it here. I recieved it today with a bunch of other wu albums i have missed out on and got a positive suprise when the first track "The Grits" came on, this was ill. And so were the next song, the single from the album "SuperModel". Actually I were feeling the album throughout at least the first half of it but the tracks, "Shake That" and the one with Da Brat was fairly wack. He came back with a couple of aight tracks at the end but this could have been so much better, i'm feeling the lyrics and cappas flow on this (for the most part at least) but some of the beats are horrible. He choosed the right name for the album at least. I'd give it 5.5/10 or 6/10.

Tage
05-05-2006, 11:47 AM
weakest wu album ever
the only bright spot was big business

^no way.. love is the message is sick. sick beat aswell.

but yeh this album was a let down.. one of the few i hav an original copy of aswell.. so it sucks.:'o

4-Bar Killer
05-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Aight, for once in a while Im'a go big on a review. Just took it out today and listened through, and I like it better than ever..

1. The Grits

Cappa opens the album with a introduction to the album for the listener, speaking his mind.. Works well IMO how the beat starts while he's still speaking.. The beat is really great too, 8-Off did a great job with the trompets, sounds veeery ill.. The little "blop" sound is a bit annoying, but really a great track.. Cappa drops great verses, but it's already clear on this track that Cappa isn't on the same lyrical level as he was on The Pillage.. 8-Off drops a dope verse himself.. 8/10

2. Supermodel

The Grits ended of with a funny skit about Cappa playing his man's woman.. As usual, True Master drops a BANGING beat... radio-friendly, yet ill. The lyrics are kinda dumb, but anyways a great track, mostly because of the banging beat.. 8/10

3. War Rats

This track reminds me of The Grits, but I like The Grits a bit better.. Cappa is a bit off-beat when he rhymes, but keeps it ill lyrically.. The beat is cool at first, but gets a bit annoying when you listened to it a few times.. 7/10

4. Bread of Life

ILL TRACK!! As soon as I heard "You don't really want God in your life", I knew it was a banger. The Neonek-produced beat drops, and it gets even better.. Great chorus, and Neonek drops a cool verse.. Cappa's first verse is kinda so-so, but in the middle it gets better:

"Niggas got jealous since my LP
Made life better
Now y'all hate me
Putting my life down for G-O-D"

Simple yet great lines IMO... The best thing about the song though, is Killah Priest.. Damn he came correct, killed the beat and the song.. Cappa's second verse is also a lot better than his first, and it helps him to get a bit of attention on this song, where KP stole the spotlight.. Great song.. 9/10

5. Love is the Message

Goldfingaz drops a funky, good-mood beat.. Raekwon is 100% on point.. Again though, Cappa's verse is kinda so-so.. It's good Rae is on about 50% of the song, if he wasn't on the song that much, it would have been kinda boring.. 8/10

6. We Know

Why Donna, why? 2/10

7. Shake Dat

Ok. The title made me wonder how good this song could be before I listened to it.. But I thought; well, Goldfingaz dropped a great beat for Love is the Message, so probably he does it again. I guess I was wrong. This song is even worse than We Know. HORRIBLE!! 0/10

8. Big Business

Arrh, back on point, luckily for Cappa and my ears.. The Neonek beat is very "summer-ish" IMO, and a feel-good track.. Anyways I really like it, Shy kills it, and brings the record back on point.. 8/10

9. Revenge

The Inspectah Deck-produced beat is kinda boring, but this song grew on me.. Timbo King takes it to a higher level, but he can't alone save the song from the boring Cappa verse, the boring Freemurda verse and the boring chorus. 7/10

10. One way 2 Zion

Another Neonek-produced beat, this fails to reach his other beats, but it is still ok. Cappa doesn't really rhymes on this beat, he's almost talking and it sounds different, but cool.. The song is kinda boring, but allright.. 6.5/10

11. Save the Children

Another reggae-influenced track, and this one works much better than One way 2 Zion.. Cappa rhymes alot better than on One way 2 Zion, but he still is a bit off-beat.. The chorus fits the beat great, and Culture's appereance also works better.. 7/10

Overall: 6,5

The album was really good in moments, but the accidents We Know and Shake Dat really killed the album.. Cappa did alot better than what most people says, but really the guests lyrically stole the spotlight from Cappa.. Bread Of Life was definitely the best track, that was a true banger..

Leo Angel
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Very strange album. Some standout tracks like "The Grits" (love it...), "Love Is A Message", "Bread Of Life", "War Rats" & "Big Business", some mediocre: "Supermodel" (nice beat, but awful lyrics, damn...), "Revenge" (quite boring) or "One Way 2 Zion" and two songs just:? (I won't even bother to write about them). Overall: nice beats, but Cappa ruins some of them by shitty lyrics. Happily some guests save at least a couple of songs: Raekwon ("Love Is A Message"), Killah Priest ("Bread Ogf Life") or 8-Off ("The Grits"). it's a 6,5/10 album

abasi
05-30-2006, 08:13 AM
the struggle is way better

Grongle
05-30-2006, 05:02 PM
i poped my ear drum bumpin BREAD OF LIFE

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
06-05-2006, 11:05 PM
This album has these 2 pieces of crap

6.WE KNOW featuring Jermaine Dupri & Da Brat
produced by Jermaine Dupri

7.SHAKE DAT featuring Jamie *******
produced by Goldfingaz

But then it has jewels like this

1.THE GRITS featuring 8-Off
produced by 8-Off The Assassin

2.SUPER MODEL featuring Ghostface Killah
produced by True Master

3.WAR RATS
produced by Neonek

4.BREAD OF LIFE featuring Killah Priest and Neonek
produced by Neonek

8.BIG BUSINESS featuring Shyheim & Crunch
produced by Neonek

9.REVENGE featuring Timbo King
produced by Inspectah Deck

10.ONE WAY 2 ZION featuring Culture
produced by Neonek

Songs in red are my favorite

Most fans shit on this record IMO they have filtered ears and are looking for one distinct grimey sound... Oh well I still bump this album immature ears pass on this album

Kong
06-06-2006, 09:31 AM
i didn't like this one that much. couple of good tracks though.

Da Dishonourable Don
06-06-2006, 02:30 PM
This album sucks! That's all I got to say, nothing like The Pillage, I hated it!

num2son
06-06-2006, 02:39 PM
I only liked one song "Love it the message"

Sincere83
06-07-2006, 03:11 PM
This album is way better than that Lex Diamond Story Bullshit.....

racist randy
06-07-2006, 08:08 PM
Wtf???? ^^^^

Sincere83
06-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah, Lex Diamond Story was garbage, the only good track on there was the last one with Tetikah, Once Upon A Time, beatwise and flow wise the rest of the album was a waste of my time and money......

Miami

racist randy
06-09-2006, 05:41 PM
LOL that shit is pure heat, can we talk about this in the Lex diamond story thread

357 NYC
06-15-2006, 11:04 AM
I Brought The Bootleg And Felt Cheated Outta $4

abasi
06-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I thought about throwing the cd out after the first listening
A friend stopped me
I still have it but it doesn't get any play

claaa7
05-11-2008, 05:08 PM
never plays this anymore although it has a few good tracks, too bad "Why it Gotta Be This" and "Real Niggaz" got cut from the tracklisting in the last minute cuz they was both crazy.. album is 5/10

LuckyTheWonderDog
05-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I voted mediocre. I have too much other music I love for me to go back to something I'm not feeling and give it repeated listens, so I can't say for sure whether it's below average, poor or complete shit or what.

It was the first Wu album I bought and felt really dissapointed with. Got a mate to do a dodgy refund (I didn't have a receipt cos I didn't even buy it in that shop) for it in the Woolworths he worked at.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-11-2008, 08:14 PM
An an "Album" it doesn't really work.
It's got some real gems on there though :

The Grits
Bread Of Life
Love Is The Mesage
Big Buisness
Revenge

Thats 5 dope track out of 10.
A real shame becasue if there were 5 tracks similar to those^
I think this would be a very good album.

Orion Nebulus
05-11-2008, 08:20 PM
never plays this anymore although it has a few good tracks, too bad "Why it Gotta Be This" and "Real Niggaz" got cut from the tracklisting in the last minute cuz they was both crazy.. album is 5/10

Exactly!!! I was pissed that those two joints didn't make it to the album. Theres probably like only 3 songs I like on this cd. It was mediocre at best.

OddioPellMell
09-13-2008, 08:20 AM
a couple good songs but over all wack which sucks to say cause hes my favorite bee by far. one of the worst wu albums ive ever heard.

andy_gza
01-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Bought this off someone on ebay once for cheap. When it arrived it had the Pillage inside the case! I woulda been happy but I already got The Pillage! Probably due to attempt to get it again.

Paranoid
01-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah, Lex Diamond Story was garbage, the only good track on there was the last one with Tetikah, Once Upon A Time, beatwise and flow wise the rest of the album was a waste of my time and money......

Miami

theres some good songs...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz3laXwzZcY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fz3laXwzZcY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>