PDA

View Full Version : Deaths in hip hop...Not tragic at all in a way

Twiztid-Wutang
10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
I hope this doesn't come off negatively, as I really want some honest opinions from this thread.

Hip hop, has lost MANY greats to killings throughout the years, Here's a list of a few, and most notable:
Big L
Notorius B.I.G
Tupac
Proof
Bugz
Jam Master Jay

I did not mention the deaths by drug overdose, as those are self inflicted and, in my view NOT in the traditional sense of tragic since they could have been 100% avoided, by not doing drugs. But sad nonetheless.

Anyway

Rappers portray themselves as ''Gangsters'' more or less, or even just from the streets. And they, most if not all, rap about killing or being killed. So, when life imitates art, How is this surprising?

I've heard so much hypocrisy in Hip hop, Bone has songs about missing friends that were killed, YET, on that SAME album would have songs with gun shots in the beat, and on every song NOT related to weed, talk about killing at least once.

I'm not saying that these rappers should flat out NOT talk about these sorts of things, I suggest, much like DMC stated. KEEP AWAY FROM THE STREETS. They get into the game to get out of it, yet they keep the crab like people around them, or stay in the streets to ''Keep it real'', and they end up dead. It makes NO sense.

No other genre of music is as deadly as hip hop/rap. Many debate the Rock/Metal thing, but MOST of those deaths fall under the drug section, as I stated, self inflicted and avoidable. Dimebag darrell is a RARE happening of murder in Metal.

How can these sorts of things be avoided in the future, so we don't lose anymore talented performers to bullets.

THE MASON
10-03-2011, 11:24 AM
i dont even know where to start with this thread

food for thought
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
You should put Twiztid back in your username so people can put things in perspective when they read the faggit posts that come out of your brain process.

Edgar Erebus
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
How about a neg rep for OP?

Mumm Ra
10-03-2011, 11:56 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/39443210_wtf_reaction_gif.gif

Twiztid-Wutang
10-03-2011, 12:07 PM
So, the idea that rappers talk about killing all the time...Then get killed...Is tragic to you? Or is it what it should be...Ironic.

Neg rep all you want. This is not a ''Troll'' post. My point is, why not just rap about the bullshit street crap, and not stay in the streets, it's asking for trouble.

Is it THAT hard for you people to comprehend? Or are you just blinded believing all rappers are actually killers? IT'S A HOAX. But then when they get killed, Why are people so shocked? Their practically asking for it.

And proven, Now that the name is changed, The crutches people use to ignore actual logic is GONE

Mr. R&B
10-03-2011, 12:47 PM
You don't think Jam Master Jay's murder was a tragedy?

The nature of the streets be damned, dude was killed in his own neighborhood, walking out of his studio and the shooting was deliberate and pre-meditated.

JMJ never did anyone dirty in his whole entire life, and RUN DMC weren't on some thugged out shit, what makes it worse is that the shooter definitely knew him and was probably a fan.

Christopher Wallace was set up by a crooked police force and the act was perpatrated by a fake Muslim, bowtie wearing herb comissioned by a closet case homosexual, gang afiliated LAPD officer with a shrine to Tupac in his garage.

What kind of grown man has pictures of a shirtless male all over his garage and takes Gangsta Rap as literal truth?

A faggot, that's who.

What makes the killing of most rappers tragic is that the police & legal system in this country consistently show their racist bias because NONE of the high-profile murders in Hip-Hop have seen a killer arrested or convicted...NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the system doesn't care because they're corrupt dirtbags.

I'm not going to sit here and hurl insults at the OP, but this thread shouldn't have been made.

Twiztid-Wutang
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
You don't think Jam Master Jay's murder was a tragedy?

The nature of the streets be damned, dude was killed in his own neighborhood, walking out of his studio and the shooting was deliberate and pre-meditated.

JMJ never did anyone dirty in his whole entire life, and RUN DMC weren't on some thugged out shit, what makes it worse is that the shooter definitely knew him and was probably a fan.

Christopher Wallace was set up by a crooked police force and the act was perpatrated by a closet case homosexual, fake Muslim, bowtie wearing herb with a shrine to Tupac in his garage.

What kind of grown man has pictures of a shirtless male all over his garage and takes Gangsta Rap as literal truth?

A faggot, that's who.

What makes the killing of most rappers tragic is that the police of this country consistently show their racist bias because NONE of the high-profile murders in Hip-Hop have seen a killer convicted...NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And they don't care because they're crooked dirtbags.

I'm not going to sit here and hurl insults at the OP, but this thread shouldn't have been made.

Im not saying ALL of the hip hop artists that have died weren't tragedies in a sense, just that they are bringing alot of negative attention to themselves, especially those who feel the need to constantly be in the ''hood'' after the recieve fame. Camron/Obie trice were shot for that, Proof died for it.

The problem is, the jealousies exist, and to try and ''Keep it real'' is bringing death closer to themselves.

THE MASON
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
have you lived in the projects and ghettos these so called HOAX rappers live in?

have you seen the shit THEY saw? did you LIVE THEIR lives? if you say yes to this, then no one should give a fuck when you die either.

they rap about what they saw as children, and as grown men. just because they rhyme about being "killers" or having dealt with murders, dont make it any less tragic when a HUMAN being is murder, senselessly.

being entertainers, they are in the public light, therefore the public will see it as tragic.

your not being insensitive, your just being an idiot and probably shouldnt listen to hip hop anymore, if the death of Big L, Biggie, Pac, JMJ and any other fallen legend doesnt seem tragic to you.

do you not care that Hendrix died either? or Gil -Scott Heron?

cause im pretty sure their msg was a similar one, delivered in a different fashion

Edgar Erebus
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
do you not care that Hendrix died either? or Gil -Scott Heron?

cause im pretty sure their msg was a similar one, delivered in a different fashion

He doesn't. Jimi died of overdose (self-inflicted, as he would say it) and Gil died of AIDS (self-inflicted too).

We can discuss this again the first time someone close to you commits suicide, or even better, dies in a car accident, cos driving is also cheating fate ain't it?

THE MASON
10-03-2011, 04:21 PM
^right, i didnt read that part first time thru

well what a sad little fuck this dude must be

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Stay out of the streets? Its not a gimmick for most guys, they are from there. Not to mention most of them didnt die in the hood anyway

djskillz
10-03-2011, 08:47 PM
i have nothing to contribute to this topic. but gotdamn at gianna's titties. pos rep off principle.

tekunique
10-03-2011, 08:52 PM

co-sign...

Mumm Ra
10-03-2011, 08:55 PM
well bronze covered what i didnt have the patience too...but also i dont think threadstarter understands that hip hop music is suppose to be ENTERTAINMENT too

Twiztid-Wutang
10-04-2011, 12:13 AM
well bronze covered what i didnt have the patience too...but also i dont think threadstarter understands that hip hop music is suppose to be ENTERTAINMENT too
I HAVE EDITED THE OP to better wording, I rushed it, and it sounded very dickish, and like I didn't care that they died. I apologize for that. Its untrue

Yes, It should be, and is entertainment. And instead of bashing what I'm saying, maybe I need to re-word my original thoughts.

Rappers, are dying needlessly, and Im hoping no more do, Im just saying they should take the necessary steps, to not flat out put themselves in the position. It was dickish to say, ''its not tragic'', They are, no doubt, I'm saying, I don't want this shit to happen, and Im wondering what you all thought they could do to lessen the chances.

My thoughts, once you've made it, Send money back to your hood, but NOT stay in it.(Listen to ''Not going back'' by Nas, HE says what Im trying to say MUCH better)

diggy
10-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Murder is ignorance. There are many motives for it. How could we stop somebody from finding a reason to kill?

Mcthuggin99
10-04-2011, 05:32 PM
RIP M-BONE

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j225/SCSnare/gifs/tumblr_ll3y6wABG21qhju1to1_250.gif

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 07:21 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/paimei_2006/Tuckergif.gif

Twiztid-Wutang
10-05-2011, 08:00 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j46/paimei_2006/Tuckergif.gif

You don't give a fuck about dead rappers, Nice to know :)