PDA

View Full Version : TV Shows

J-Cee
10-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Whats some of your favourite tv shows/series

I've started watching the show 'Ideal' last week or so,is prolly an old ass show or whateva but never seen it,funny shit,really enjoying it,am only up to end of 1st season.

heres a link to the seasons and episodes to watch.

http://www.1channel.ch/watch-10265-Ideal

http://images.1channel.ch/thumbs/10265_Ideal_2005.jpg
Ideal: Moz is a small-time (hash only) drug dealer. He rarely sets foot outside the confines of his squalid Manchester flat he shares with his long-suffering girlfriend Nicki. He's a lazy slob basically - as Nicki comments, "Jesus, Moz. I've seen coma victims with more 'get-up-and-go'". The series provides a window onto his life, and the bizarre sequence of people who come round to score from him.

Post episodes & links to seasons here,recommend some to watch.

Frank Sobotka
10-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Dexter
Breaking Bad
It's Always Sunny

You all know how to find links.

soul controller
10-04-2011, 10:41 AM
ideal was sick back in the day..
the 1st 4-5 seasons are pretty great..
kinda goes mental? (lol its mental from the start) into season 6

other great shows.. mmm
jericho, lost, heroes, falling skies, dexter(season 6 just started mm!)
fringe, burn notice, breaking bad, terra nova, pokerstars big game tv! yesh#! awesomeness,
warehouse 13, game of thrones(2nd season about to start)

thats about it i think.. everything else is pretty weak..

i guess big bang theory is aiight..

J-Cee
10-04-2011, 10:50 AM
You watched one called wilfred?,was originally an Australian series but i think this year or last they made an american one with elijah woods,i watched the american one 1st thought it was pretty good.

for those that havnt seen it

US Series 2011
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-2724129-Wilfred-US

Aus series 2007
http://www.1channel.ch/watch-350404-Wilfred-AU

Wilfred (US): Wilfred is a half-hour, live-action comedy about "Ryan," a young man struggling unsuccessfully to make his way in the world until he forms a unique friendship with "Wilfred," his neighbor's canine pet. Everyone else sees Wilfred as just a dog, but Ryan sees a crude and somewhat surly, yet irrepressibly brave and honest Australian bloke in a cheap dog suit. While leading him through a series of comedic and existential adventures, Wilfred the dog shows Ryan the man how to overcome his fears and joyfully embrace the unpredictability and insanity of the world around him.

Fresh
10-04-2011, 06:29 PM
the wire
the wire
the wire
the office UK
the office UK
the office UK

those

soul controller
10-04-2011, 06:54 PM
ahh i forgots about the wire.. pretty sick

never got into the office.. the comedy in it is too stupid for me..

Fresh
10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
the UK or US office ?

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Peep Show is the best and most intelligent comedy on TV. It sucks that they ain't doing another season until mid 2012. Youtube has the episodes up official.

Eastbound & Down is instant vintage too.

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 07:08 PM
THiS THREAD PROMISE TIL U REALIZED THAT A AUSSIE GAY MADE IT

check two
10-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Are they still planning a Jericho movie? Sy Fy channel should have picked up that show after it was canceled. Too many brain dead people that didn't understand it.

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 07:14 PM
ahh i forgots about the wire.. pretty sick

never got into the office.. the comedy in it is too stupid for me..

the UK or US office ?

They both have basically the same humor in them. Although with a long ass US season you inevitably end up with some duds.

The humor probably isn't that sophisticated as much as it is well written. Gervais and Merchant basically wrote a drama, and you get so into the characters hopes and dreams, that the comedy has a bigger impact. Honestly Gervais as Brent is one of the greatest comedy performances of all time.

Carell is great too though, their characters are a little different. Brent is more ignorant where Scott is naive. Subtle difference but its there.

I just started watching The Wire, its tough keeping up with whats going on, but I started midway through whatever seasons playing on TV now.

David Daniel Davis
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Family Guy, Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, Unsolved Mysteries with Robert Stack, not the crappy new one and Big Bang Theory because I appreciate all of the comicbook and videogame references in it and Sheldon Cooper is mad funny and reminds me of myself except that I can get laid whenever I want to l.o.l.

Fresh
10-04-2011, 07:22 PM
wrong. wrong. wrong

US office is over the top bullcrap (tho still an entertaining 'take your mind off' comedy) and carrell literally ruins the show. no sense of comedy timing or anything of anything. hes seriously the worst comedian i have ever witnessed on tv.

PWgpCwlcCxU

q7qOwkMVIeE

sL0SOHmAo-w

WS_WmeALz7E

CdtSkqYT6U8

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
^ EURO FAGGo

soul controller
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
i meant the uk office,. most of my friends love that shit..
not for me tho

check 2.. they just released the 3rd season paper/hardbacks of jericho season 3..

im hoping they continue the season, as it continues where season 2 finished :)

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-04-2011, 07:28 PM
The original Twilight Zone.
The Office (USA.)
The Simpsons (seasons 3 through 12)

Those are the only shows I watch.

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 07:30 PM
wrong. wrong. wrong

US office is over the top bullcrap (tho still an entertaining 'take your mind off' comedy) and carrell literally ruins the show. no sense of comedy timing or anything of anything. hes seriously the worst comedian i have ever witnessed on tv.

PWgpCwlcCxU

q7qOwkMVIeE

sL0SOHmAo-w

WS_WmeALz7E

All I can say is a lot of people would disagree. Just a line like 'Shut up Dwight you're an idiot' is funny as hell in Carrells hands. Or his face when Tobys name is brought up. Or his approach to dating.

Still I hate it when people say that the two shows are completely different, Gervais and Merchant are still involved in the writing and it keeps the main principles of social awkwardness, long pauses, unfulfilled hopes and a boss whose life is tragic but he doesn't know it.

Anyway who saw any of the new season? It may well suck now that Carrells left.

Fresh
10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
I just started watching The Wire, its tough keeping up with whats going on, but I started midway through whatever seasons playing on TV now.
stop

go back to season 1 and start from there

seriously this is the best show ever made. its like a novel. no stupid cliches thrown in for 'exciting' tv. its almost like a documentary, just watching the baltimore drug trade unfold

watch it from the start seriously

soul controller
10-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Are they still planning a Jericho movie? Sy Fy channel should have picked up that show after it was canceled. Too many brain dead people that didn't understand it.

they ran out of story line, it wasnt cancelled.. when they did season one, that was all the story they had... they did season 2 quick time, inbetween writer strikes..(due to internet love.. about 1 million people complained it was over lols) but they couldnt think of anywhere to go with the storyline..
im glad they finished season 1 and 2 how they did, they had their own endiings.. season 3,from the sounds of the book, sounds just as amazing as the original series..
hopefully sy fy will pick it up again.

soul controller
10-04-2011, 07:35 PM
stop

seriously this is the best show ever made. its like a novel. no stupid cliches thrown in for 'exciting' tv. its almost like a documentary, just watching the baltimore drug trade unfold

this is the wisest thing ive ever seen your write!

did you still speak with ron paul/louis cypher? lols

Fresh
10-04-2011, 07:37 PM
All I can say is a lot of people would disagree. Just a line like 'Shut up Dwight you're an idiot' is funny as hell in Carrells hands. Or his face when Tobys name is brought up. Or his approach to dating.

Still I hate it when people say that the two shows are completely different, Gervais and Merchant are still involved in the writing and it keeps the main principles of social awkwardness, long pauses, unfulfilled hopes and a boss whose life is tragic but he doesn't know it.

Anyway who saw any of the new season? It may well suck now that Carrells left.

of course people would disagree. and those people are probably americans who are breasttfed these idiotic over the top tv shows and movies.

im not gonna argue about carrell. he is just that bad. but toby is funny as hell lol

seriously watch the Wire. all 5 seasons from the start. it may take u a while to get into it but the whole things needs to be watch to understand the scope. after watching the wire i find it hard to watch other tv shows as they come across as cheesy and cliche

Fresh
10-04-2011, 07:38 PM
this is the wisest thing ive ever seen your write!

did you still speak with ron paul/louis cypher? lols
we're the same person are we not :mmmyah:

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 07:39 PM
9eRUpjlZNMU

check two
10-04-2011, 07:41 PM
I bet Heat still runs into the closet whenever that intro to the Hitchhiker plays.

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah you can't try and win an argument with xenophobia and then say an american show is the greatest ever.

Regardless its a difference of opinion, I guess the US version is a little over the top, that doesn't make it bad. Its what I was saying about 22 episode seasons, you need more ideas, some of them have to get a little crazy. So its not as good as the OG version, its still a very enjoyable sitcom for a mainstream network.

Maybe I'll ask for the Wire boxset for Xmas or something.

Another show that is fucking leagues beyond the other shit is Mad Men. Fuck if everything about it isn't cool as fuck.

soul controller
10-04-2011, 07:53 PM
we're the same person are we not :mmmyah:

i dont know!
i used to think you was.. but louis can be anyone..
styles admitted to being louis... so i thought he was :s
now styles has gone missing, i think he is attending #occupywallstreet, thats the real reason he moved up there..

but on louis cypher i miss him :(

b-dolo
10-04-2011, 07:54 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc3YsZx2N0nHi4H9gQ7T59VeOM4OtUp jN492a3UvU9prYtsLDN4Qhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkRcUf9HN4AHd3H2HbmsujHjqYP7qQQ Q0Akf49RxXc8Z39CiA3E8wR1VOV
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQo3nRC7eSj-v5TSYXMWxtbUwA2Rz3LCtqDMKxlTvu_4Q76vcZ35g
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeeYfkZm5ktrDHp4prhqBGy23eQz3it y4LhrTeoBnUt-XA7Oq3http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLmvJVf4gJM-KdxZ69DMqe8ROtHpL_FXoEHX_kAhOLM75clOGCoAhttp://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDEqPt4Mhdoifbe-UT2EMaAQ9fnBknyYQy_i9-nNPGcoI0UJZo
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS13A4XbP-vZEPNeAAFUN-nwQizso4pEMtZM9xsmBFxL51e2B5p

Fresh
10-04-2011, 07:56 PM
yea get the boxset. stay away from spoilers. heres a teaser for you

S1HUlTKvDUI

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
I bet Heat still runs into the closet whenever that intro to the Hitchhiker plays.

YEA THAT INTRO USED TO CREEP ME OUT AND MY BONER

I WOULD HAVE A BONER CUZ THATS WHEN I FIRST STARTED BEATIN THE BEAT TO LATE NITE MOVIES AND SILK STOCKINGS
ssN9cLnlahk

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Good choices ^^^

Gervais and Merchant have a new sitcom about showbiz midgets lol that'll be on HBO.

HBO just fucking slays other channels.

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
2cWxMOcPOtA

JASPER
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
wrong. wrong. wrong

Gervais is a Steve Coogan copycat. Alan Partridge is a way better character than David Brent. If you like real British humour, go watch I'm Alan Partridge. All episodes are on Youtube.

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 08:22 PM
HERE COMES THE DUTCH ALAN PARTRIDGE FAg

soul controller
10-04-2011, 08:32 PM
partridge used to be sick

check two
10-04-2011, 08:34 PM
How bout Danny Partridge?

JASPER
10-04-2011, 08:37 PM
HERE COMES THE DUTCH ALAN PARTRIDGE FAg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GJTjeiBPxdo/TD98TMBB4gI/AAAAAAAAFns/wBsx7zkaMkU/s1600/im_alan_partridge_03argb.jpg

Go watch Ally McBeal or something, cholo.

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Alan Partridge is great but his show doesn't have the emotion and reality behind it like Gervais.

Fuck all this, I maintain: Peep Show.

JASPER
10-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Alan Partridge is great but his show doesn't have the emotion and reality behind it like Gervais.

Fuck all this, I maintain: Peep Show.
Nah, you're just not autistic enough.

CEITEDMOFO
10-04-2011, 08:41 PM
POWERFUL THRUSTs
iD1Xjdr1TbM

ShaDynasty
10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
"Molten bramley apple will squirt out, could go your way, could go mine"

JASPER
10-04-2011, 09:06 PM
"Did you know there are no Dutch elms left in Britain... "

check two
10-04-2011, 10:03 PM
What do you's think about this new show that is on FX called American Horror Story?

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/fall-tv/american-horror-story-why-best-show-fall-012848317.html

Why isn't this thread in the Box office hideout by the way? They should rename that section.

BASCO
10-04-2011, 10:24 PM
stop

this.

your totally fuckin it up for yourself

J-Cee
10-05-2011, 12:04 AM
THiS THREAD PROMISE TIL U REALIZED THAT A AUSSIE GAY MADE IT
how does that have any relevance at all...? you talk like an 11 year old with ADD.

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Shows I grew up watching:

Seinfeld.
Full House.
The Brady Bunch.
Family Matters.
Step By Step.
Looney Tunes.

food for thought
10-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Louie
Wilfred
Trailer Park Boys
Breaking Bad
The Office US (already watched the hell out of it though)
Curb your Enthusiasm
Eastbound and Down
Bored to Death
Sopranos
Family Guy
South Park
First 48

food for thought
10-05-2011, 10:26 AM
The office US seasons 2 and 3 are classic and youre a lying faggit if you dont admit it.

to me, 4 and 5 were good as fuck too and thoroughly enjoyable

It started going downhill with season 6 and season 7 (the latest) was complete bullshit save for like 2 or 3 episodes

I tired watching the UK version once but i couldnt get into it. started from the first episode and lol it had literally the same jokes as the US version? lol i had to turn it off

are all the episodes basically the same?

soul controller
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
The office US seasons 2 and 3 are classic and youre a lying faggit if you dont admit it.

It started going downhill with season 6 and season 7 (the latest) was complete bullshit save for like 2 or 3 episodes

I tired watching the UK version once but i couldnt get into it. started from the first episode and lol it had literally the same jokes as the US version? lol i had to turn it off

i cant even recall any episodes.. i watched a couple along time ago
but yeah their basically the same.. thats why you should watch the originals :p

Dr Sleepwalker
10-05-2011, 11:28 AM
whats a good site i can watch full seasons of shows? i wanna get up on some of these

soul controller
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
i use www.sharethefiles.com (http://www.sharethefiles.com)

you need to download emule :)

cutn' heads
10-05-2011, 11:52 AM
the only shit i DVR

fringe
boardwalk empire
through the wormhole

i try to keep up with always sunny but never remember to dvr it.

Dr Sleepwalker
10-05-2011, 12:10 PM
thanks soul^

Frank Sobotka
10-05-2011, 12:18 PM
http://www.tubeplus.me/

The eternal Original Vs. Remake discussion isn't based on much.
People usually prefer the version that introduced them to the franchise.

cutn' heads
10-05-2011, 12:20 PM
i think the OG office was funny but i can only listen to british people talk for like 5 miuntes at a time or my ears start to bleed.

Mr. R&B
10-05-2011, 12:21 PM
If a show airs on Cartoon Network, there's a good chance I'm watching it.

Adventure Time
Regular Show
The Amazing World of Gumball
Thundercats (2011 reboot)
The Looney Tunes Show
MAD
The Problem Solverz

Shows on other networks I fuck wit:

Ugly Americans
Workaholics
Louie
Archer

I'll still check some wrestling from time to time, but I lose interest quickly.

Mumm Ra
10-05-2011, 12:23 PM
i think the OG office was funny but i can only listen to british people talk for like 5 miuntes at a time or my ears start to bleed.

^ correct, lol

im going through the twilight zone on netflix right now, 99% of modern shows i hate besides adventure time, regular show and new thundercats

yonder
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Trailer Park Boys is too good to miss. its a comedy so just download it and smoke some shit, you wont be disappointed

Jfq3c4Cf1Fs

food for thought
10-05-2011, 04:09 PM
probably the best show to smoke weed and drink to

everybody who comes over when im watching it dies laughing at that shit too lol

ShaDynasty
10-05-2011, 05:43 PM

i cant even recall any episodes.. i watched a couple along time ago
but yeah their basically the same.. thats why you should watch the originals :p

The first episode is the pilot, its the same as the UK version other than that I don't think any of the episodes are the same.

The worst moment for me of the US was Steve Carrell dumping Pams mother on her birthday. Like how are you supposed to sympathize with the character after that?

Just started watching The Boondocks. Its like the perfect sitcom for people like me obsessed with race politics, great characters and casting and funny as a muhfucka.

Chi-Town Collizion
10-05-2011, 06:47 PM
dont watch too much tv but shit i fuck w the wire they need to start playin 'the corner' again on HBO that show in baltimore
boondocks is mad funny sometimes
old 93-98 simpsons episodes
old celebrity deatmatch's
old animation from mtv back in the day
first 48 to see those idiots rat on themselves lol
im more into ol school shows ill have to get back to this topic
the old space ghost coast 2 coast was pretty funny
new york undercover
living color
martin