PDA

View Full Version : Stoupe The Enemy Of mankind Is Known for...

Fatal Guillotine
10-07-2011, 07:59 AM
his great production work on JMT albums, Canibus Rip The Jacker album Decalogue and other tracks in which he produce

however what in your opinion is Stoupe's greatest track produce?

Djaminha
10-07-2011, 08:13 AM
WQp5xnf9zm0

Fatal Guillotine
10-07-2011, 08:17 AM
^scratches done by him?

OntheHorizon
10-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Jedi Mind Tricks "The Wolf" is my favorite Stoupe Beat

tombstone
10-08-2011, 11:26 PM
poet laureate 2
beyond all walking
black winter day
kinda girl
mantis mantra
tristessa
animal rap remix

thos are just off the top, he has too many great beats.

OntheHorizon
10-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Cant Forget About Virtuoso's "All We Know" either, lol, I was gonna embed the vid but I suck at that kind of shit

Willis
10-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Sacrifice is probably the best beat ever in hip hop if you ask me.

sZYC6db5HFs

cap
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
B7hhI48jQzc

seywhat
10-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Heavenly Divine is definintely up there. Stoupe got almost too many to name

Nuttkase
10-10-2011, 04:18 PM
i against i

Fatal Guillotine
10-11-2011, 06:47 PM
poet laureate 2
beyond all walking
black winter day
kinda girl
mantis mantra
tristessa
animal rap remix

thos are just off the top, he has too many great beats.

never hear of this...i like alot of his stuff on legacy of blood

Pestilence
10-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Yeeaah let's post whole Violent by Design ;)

oFzNiX_yxtg

I like the production on Legacy of Blood as well, very dope... Vinnie on it, not that much, but used to listen to it a lot mainly cause of Stoupe.

Fatal Guillotine
10-20-2011, 02:34 PM
has it ever been established as to what kind of production equipment stoupe actually uses?

dark side
10-20-2011, 03:03 PM
has it ever been established as to what kind of production equipment stoupe actually uses?

on the first 2 jmt albums he used an asr 10 sampling keyboard on the rest of the albums he used an mpc2000,today he uses mpc 2000 and pro tools software.

Fatal Guillotine
10-20-2011, 03:11 PM
how you know all this?

dark side
10-20-2011, 03:37 PM
how you know all this?

i read an old interview in the vbd days and he said he used an old asr 10 keyboard,i have seen pics of him recently at shows with an mpc 2000 and a computer running pro tools,also on the visions of ghandi scrapbook dvd he can be seen using an mpc 2000...scott stallone (engineer for jmt) mentioned in an interview he uses pro tools software and an mpc.

quote from the interview

''Stoupe will usually present rough instrumentals first. He'll bring them in as a Pro Tools session with the main part of the beat looped for a few minutes. It's usually very rough, but even in those early stages it's easy to hear how sick the beat will be. Stoupe uses Pro Tools like a painter uses a sketch pad or color palette. There's no grid, no sync, no timecode. At the end of the time line, way after the beat, he'll throw up the rest of the sounds and chops he plans to use. The raw samples and drums are always there even if they're not in the rough version of the beat yet. This is so he can keep everything in one place. Eventually he goes back to his MPC2000 and incorporates the remaining elements.''

link to the scott stallone interview if you are intereastead

http://www.ugrap.de/interview.php?id=220

JASPER BEARDLY
10-20-2011, 03:45 PM
I couldn't name a favorite stoupe production so I'll go with these 3

NMXSTaD-oyE

brpE3jFKtSE

8iUWGhnqBxM

the cuts on their first album are so dope

Fatal Guillotine
10-20-2011, 03:59 PM
i read an old interview in the vbd days and he said he used an old asr 10 keyboard,i have seen pics of him recently at shows with an mpc 2000 and a computer running pro tools,also on the visions of ghandi scrapbook dvd he can be seen using an mpc 2000...scott stallone (engineer for jmt) mentioned in an interview he uses pro tools software and an mpc.

quote from the interview

''Stoupe will usually present rough instrumentals first. He'll bring them in as a Pro Tools session with the main part of the beat looped for a few minutes. It's usually very rough, but even in those early stages it's easy to hear how sick the beat will be. Stoupe uses Pro Tools like a painter uses a sketch pad or color palette. There's no grid, no sync, no timecode. At the end of the time line, way after the beat, he'll throw up the rest of the sounds and chops he plans to use. The raw samples and drums are always there even if they're not in the rough version of the beat yet. This is so he can keep everything in one place. Eventually he goes back to his MPC2000 and incorporates the remaining elements.''

+ Rep

OntheHorizon
10-21-2011, 06:32 PM

quote from the interview

Props for that link, no one ever takes time to think about how important and Engineer is to the process, they have a kind of thankless job

Mr. R&B
10-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Gmd_yxY8Xwc

i1umyuscKBQ

3R_8Zkkhwu4

4jok4vDwvFs

MBSVcU1FXEs

-e1tWbcUq9I

Jcf7gbOBX5A

Fatal Guillotine
03-31-2012, 04:31 PM
i still have seen the dvd they did only clips from youtube

RandyP
03-31-2012, 11:17 PM
vgAR1Dgpg_U

these are the kind of beats i fucks with anyway, so i may be bias. shit dope though.

davedigital360
04-01-2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU5wCS_HHyc