PDA

View Full Version : Jay Electronica "Call of Duty" ft. Mobb Deep

theheavens
10-11-2011, 12:35 AM
You read it right, motherfuckers. Jay Electronica (aka, the savior of hip-hop) released a track called "Call of Duty," with Mobb Deep on the hook. No album and yet he's still one of the 5 best MCs in the game today. Respect!

EEo_ONSMj5M

http://rapradar.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/32.jpg?w=540&h=540

angry!
10-11-2011, 08:39 AM
WACK beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KILLAH PRIEST would lyrically slay this dude at his WORST...

this nigga drops 1 track a year and lives off of internet hype...

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

"hes signed to jay-z, he's gonna save hip hop... derp"

will smiths daughter is this dudes label mate...

this gotta be a jay electronica beat... cuz his production is TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shoulda let prodigy pick the beat....

guys a BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Origin™
10-11-2011, 09:30 AM
No album and yet he's still one of the 5 best MCs in the game today. Respect!

hahahahahaha ofcourse he is..

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
10-11-2011, 10:09 AM
i like jay electronica but top 5 lyricist of all time is a stretch.

we don't believe you.......................you neeeeeeeeeeeed more people

OPTIMUS
10-11-2011, 12:12 PM
that was an album filler track production was weak

diggy
10-11-2011, 02:37 PM
it didn't move me

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-11-2011, 02:43 PM
when is this man gonna hook up a sick ass producer and drop an album..seriously?

theheavens
10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
i like jay electronica but top 5 lyricist of all time is a stretch.

we don't believe you.......................you neeeeeeeeeeeed more people

not of all time. in the game TODAY. damn people like to hate on him more than I hate on eminem goddamn. and it's not just the song -- it's the artwork, his lyrics, his knowledge. this guy is a breath of fresh air in the game... yet people would rather suck on Odd Future's dick or something cuz they make lo-fi beats and "hardcore" lyrics. gimme a break.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-11-2011, 03:07 PM
not of all time. in the game TODAY. damn people like to hate on him more than I hate on eminem goddamn. and it's not just the song -- it's the artwork, his lyrics, his knowledge. this guy is a breath of fresh air in the game... yet people would rather suck on Odd Future's dick or something cuz they make lo-fi beats and "hardcore" lyrics. gimme a break.
i agree that jay elect is mad nice yo

theheavens
10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh shit! article posted today: "The song will not be on Jay's full-length album, and that he wrote and recorded the track in 24 hours, and managed to get Mobb Deep on the track via Twitter."

also...

"Just heard the news that the Great Zane Lowe will premiere the record in the United Kingdom tonight as ‘The Hottest Record In The World."

"and this isn’t even a single. or even a song from my album. its just a dope ass beat, with some (extra) dope rhymes from me and 2 of My favorite hip hop artists of all time, who woke up yesterday not even knowing they’d be on a record with me a few hours later."

soooo....that was a Jay Elec track WITHOUT EVEN TRYING? imagine what the album will sound like. probably like Exhibit C

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.17179/title.jay-electronica-speaks-on-conception-success-of-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

check two
10-11-2011, 03:28 PM
You're still using the swiss army knife as your avatar?

True Father Allah
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
not of all time. in the game TODAY. damn people like to hate on him more than I hate on eminem goddamn. and it's not just the song -- it's the artwork, his lyrics, his knowledge. this guy is a breath of fresh air in the game... yet people would rather suck on Odd Future's dick or something cuz they make lo-fi beats and "hardcore" lyrics. gimme a break. I feel you

he's definitely in my top 5 right now

1. Big Krit
2. Jay Electronica
3. Jasiri X
4. Kalik Scientific
5. Ken Brisbon

corky831
10-11-2011, 07:00 PM
why doesnt it just say featuring prodigy?

ShaDynasty
10-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Its aiight. I hope this isn't indicative of the album though.

Jay Elec is like the guy who I heard one song from and instantly stopped what I was doing and downloaded his shit. First off, dude says interesting stuff, second he says it in a flow that puts most rappers to shame.

Andre 3000
Common Sense
DOC
Jay Electronica

Erykah Badu only bones hip hops finest.

djskillz
10-11-2011, 07:32 PM
that bitch must have some voodoo pussy. if i ever meet her i won't look into her eyes. she might steal my soul.

10-11-2011, 07:49 PM

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

this gotta be a jay electronica beat... cuz his production is TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that was an album filler track production was weak

it didn't move me
Co-sign. Unlistenable.

Fatal Guillotine
10-11-2011, 07:51 PM

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!!!!

at this point im starting to feel alot like this with this toward jay

theheavens
10-11-2011, 08:11 PM
people love to hate what they don't understand.

anyway, he just reached out to Nas on his twitter to do a collaboration. don't know about the beats, but I can promise the guest features on his album are going to be dope as hell

Fatal Guillotine
10-11-2011, 08:14 PM
hopefully

CEITEDMOFO
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
THIS MOBB DEEP SONG SUCKS BUT THIS TRACK SONS ANGRYs CURRENT FAVORITE NEW EMCEE
nE4CFBY9RGs

10-12-2011, 10:02 AM
"feat John F Kennedy" GTFOH#douche

angry!
10-12-2011, 12:48 PM
THIS MOBB DEEP SONG SUCKS BUT THIS TRACK SONS ANGRYs CURRENT FAVORITE NEW EMCEE
nE4CFBY9RGs

LOL

DUDES BEATS ARE TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i always know when its a jay electronica production...

vocal sample lead in...

to a beat that never drops...

sample a xylophone and triangles....

TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill fire up a jay electronica joint when i need to catch some Z's....

one hit wonder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JASPER BEARDLY
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
he has some dope songs but hes not much of a producer, save for queens get the money

i feel good, exhibit a, suckas, victory is in my clutches, jazmattaz, renaissance man, eternal sunshine, shiny suit theory, prowler 2

idk i like him a lot but still feel hes real real overrated by some.

angry you should check those songs out, save for maybe eternal sunshine... its like 15 mins and he only spits for like 4 mins of it. jazzmattaz, renaissance man, suckas and exhibit c are prob my favorite songs by him

theheavens
10-12-2011, 05:58 PM
he's not a producer, so when he does make a beat, it's pretty simple. but his vocals and lyrics make up for it

Uncle Steezo
10-13-2011, 05:14 AM
this nigga went line for line with nas over one of his illest tracks
KX9WvOjKFuM

angry! got constipated chakras and wax in his fucking ears.

Uncle Steezo
10-13-2011, 05:22 AM
and further more if predictability is angry!'s measure of wackness, then what does that say about his posts?

BLAOW!
f3m1BZYfQ3o

JASPER BEARDLY
10-13-2011, 07:43 AM
he does make a point that killah priest is a better mc

angry!
10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
hes got some cool visuals...

some cool verses...

but ive heard exactly ONE jay e joint id play twice...

i think its funny to see wu fans in a frenzy over son..

KP was doing shit that eclipses anything jay e has done 15 plus years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eX_TFVA360s

one recent concept joint off a album he recorded in 3 days...

i dont see anyone falling out over KP's concepts....

you cant insult KP beat selection in defense of jay e....

not only does his skill set match jay e... his work rate leaves him in the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!

STYLE loves dude cuz jay e is a million times better at the spacey, far out, lucid dream rap STYLE so badly wants to deliver...

also...

ive never heard JAY E spit with any real venom... he has one gear... that deep mystical occult, visual history shit...

KP can hit you with a dose of adrenaline rap and bring it right back to that deep metaphysical occult visual history shit....

end of the day dude is nice..

but im not a fan of any PROJECT hes done and his work rate is pathteic...

Fatal Guillotine
10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
this nigga went line for line with nas over one of his illest tracks
KX9WvOjKFuM

angry! got constipated chakras and wax in his fucking ears.

decent

JASPER BEARDLY
10-13-2011, 11:25 AM
the song he posted after it is one of his best

the beat for it is so dope tho, its the loop that starts off livin proof by group home

CEITEDMOFO
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM
I BOUGHT HEAVY MENTAL CASSETTE BUT RIGHT NOW

JAY ELECTRONICa>>> KILLAH PRIEST

IF ERIKA BADUHs PUSSY LIPS MAKES JAY PUT OUT A WACK LP THAN PRIEST WILL BETTER BUT SO FAR HIS EP WAS CLASSIC AND HIS JOINTS BEEN ON POINT

Mic Tyson
10-13-2011, 01:53 PM
killah priest aint dropped nothin dope since the offering. jay elec better than that nigga

angry!
10-13-2011, 01:54 PM
killah priest aint dropped nothin dope since the offering. jay elec better than that nigga
yeaaaaahh

what album did jay electronica drop?!!?!?!?!!

dude dropped a DUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theheavens
10-13-2011, 02:48 PM
how are you going to hate on someone who has yet to release an album? at least wait til it drops and then give your two cents. what other MC has built a huge following based on singles alone? you guys are fighting a losing battle by just ASSUMING his debut LP will be wack. wait til it drops at least. and if it's anything like his singles, no way in hell is it going to be a failure. the dude's concept, lyrics, guest MCs, and beat selections are too good.

angry!
10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
how are you going to hate on someone who has yet to release an album? at least wait til it drops and then give your two cents. what other MC has built a huge following based on singles alone? you guys are fighting a losing battle by just ASSUMING his debut LP will be wack. wait til it drops at least. and if it's anything like his singles, no way in hell is it going to be a failure. the dude's concept, lyrics, guest MCs, and beat selections are too good.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!?!

ever heard of 12" singles!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!? side a side b!?!?!?!?

BAHBAHBAHABHABAHBAHBAHAB

thats how it used to work...

rappers didnt always use twitter, youtube, blogs, and facebook to hype their shit up kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

exhibit c was impressive, and the other exhibit record on the fight night stdrk was dope too...

other than that, its been a whole lotta hype with little pay off!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope dude drops a 5 mic classic...

but i dont see dude dropping another RECORD for another 10-12 months...

hope im wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Steezo
10-14-2011, 07:43 PM
ive never heard JAY E spit with any real venom... he has one gear... that deep mystical occult, visual history shit...

i agree about the work rate comment but...
i uploaded this one just for you.
CQX_OaftrHA

OzQQX2az1N8

LORD NOSE
10-14-2011, 07:56 PM
hes got some cool visuals...

some cool verses...

but ive heard exactly ONE jay e joint id play twice...

i think its funny to see wu fans in a frenzy over son..

KP was doing shit that eclipses anything jay e has done 15 plus years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eX_TFVA360s

one recent concept joint off a album he recorded in 3 days...

i dont see anyone falling out over KP's concepts....

you cant insult KP beat selection in defense of jay e....

not only does his skill set match jay e... his work rate leaves him in the dust!!!!!!!!!!!!

STYLE loves dude cuz jay e is a million times better at the spacey, far out, lucid dream rap STYLE so badly wants to deliver...

also...

KP can hit you with a dose of adrenaline rap and bring it right back to that deep metaphysical occult visual history shit....

end of the day dude is nice..

but im not a fan of any PROJECT hes done and his work rate is pathteic...

you should get slapped in the side burns for this post

derek41
10-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Isn't this the same nigga taking pics with the members of the Rosthchild family. That is on some straight sellout shit to me. Killah Priest is lightyears better than this punk. PWOWR is gonna shit on anything this cat will ever drop. Ceitedmofo thinks Drake is dope, so his opinion on anything hip hop related means nothing.

Uncle Steezo
10-15-2011, 03:52 PM
this is why i don't post or really read HHshop threads. there is rarely a real discussion. mostly dick sucking and ludicrous statements.

CEITEDMOFO
10-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Isn't this the same nigga taking pics with the members of the Rosthchild family. That is on some straight sellout shit to me. Killah Priest is lightyears better than this punk. PWOWR is gonna shit on anything this cat will ever drop. Ceitedmofo thinks Drake is dope, so his opinion on anything hip hop related means nothing.
^ YOU WAS RAISED WIT THIS KINDA MUSIC :no:
d880h1pKHsA

I WAS RAISED AROUND THIS :list:
YFbLRZCExBk

derek41
10-16-2011, 02:49 PM
What does it matter that I live in Indy now. I grew up in LA and was going to the Good Life with freestyle fellowship in the early 90's. I just don't like sellouts, and Jay electronica, drake, jay z, kanye ain't nothing but a bunch of bitches in my book. It's good that you grew up listening to chief rocka, if hip hop sounded like that today, I wouldn't have to put up with these wack niggas.

JASPER BEARDLY
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
idk man mos def is signed with kanye and he's no sellout, just because kanye is getting money making bs music doesn't mean everyone he's affiliated with is a sellout.

i would have preferred jay signed with a different label but just because hes down with jay doesnt mean he'll spit whack shit. the shiny suit theory song they did together was ok, albeit a reused sample.

derek41
10-16-2011, 09:30 PM
^^good point on mos def, all I am saying about the Jay Electonica cat is that no self respecting black man would never take a pic with a member of the Rosthcild family. His whole crew is suspect in my book.

theheavens
10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
how about you wait til he drops an album and then criticize him

Uncle Steezo
10-18-2011, 01:54 AM
wow derek really puts a lot of weight on pictures.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Yeah, this track is weak. Jay Electronica thinks he's a hell of a lot better than he is. Drop a fucking album you cunt, only online fanboys care about your shitty, overhyped singles.

Longbongcilvaringz
10-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Oh shit! article posted today: "The song will not be on Jay's full-length album, and that he wrote and recorded the track in 24 hours, and managed to get Mobb Deep on the track via Twitter."

also...

"Just heard the news that the Great Zane Lowe will premiere the record in the United Kingdom tonight as ‘The Hottest Record In The World."

"and this isn’t even a single. or even a song from my album. its just a dope ass beat, with some (extra) dope rhymes from me and 2 of My favorite hip hop artists of all time, who woke up yesterday not even knowing they’d be on a record with me a few hours later."

soooo....that was a Jay Elec track WITHOUT EVEN TRYING? imagine what the album will sound like. probably like Exhibit C

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.17179/title.jay-electronica-speaks-on-conception-success-of-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

Well that explains it to an extent, but when the guy releases such a small amount of music, why is he releasing throwaway shit like this? This track sounds like he isn't trying, in that it sounds pretty bad.