PDA

View Full Version : ipad vs kindle. Possible alternative?

RzaRectum
10-12-2011, 10:49 AM
I was on Amazon and noticed the Kindle Fire looks like an interesting device. It's an overall media presenter: e-reader, movies, wifi internet, android apps(facebook, angry birds, etc), tv shows, comics, mp3's with 8GB of memory It also appears you can access email.

Some downsides is the 7" screen and it hasn't been demo'd as an organizer (calendar, todo, etc), but at $199 it's looking like a pretty sweet deal for a gift.

What do you think about the Amazon Kindle Fire. Can this stand up to the ipad currently sold for $499 for 16GB w/Wifi only (or $629 for 16gb w/Wifi & 3G)?

New tablet unveiled
http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/28/tech/gaming-gadgets/kindle-fire-vs-ipad/index.html

Kindle Fire Demo
3-oUrzy0Lvw

RzaRectum
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM
kiEK0W-inzY

Mr. R&B
10-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Shit, $199?

I'll cop one.

netscape check two
10-12-2011, 03:23 PM
A regular book

Uncle Steezo
10-12-2011, 03:41 PM
IMO no comparison. the ipad is the illest device to be released since the laptop.

SKAMPOE
10-12-2011, 06:07 PM
imo no comparison. The ipad is the illest device to be released since the laptop.
cosign!!!

IrOnMaN
10-12-2011, 06:10 PM
These smartphones and pads are something else, aren't they? They look fun and all but are they creating jobs?

RzaRectum
10-13-2011, 12:39 AM
These smartphones and pads are something else, aren't they? They look fun and all but are they creating jobs?

Yes, they are. Purchasing these devices in ever increasing quantities by the general populous creates a demand for more employees. The apps created for free are mostly trial versions that have an optional full upgrade for .99 cents or more - and people pay for them.

That's not the real economic issue in my view. My view is wondering how in the hell are all these people supposedly affording these devices when "nobody has any money" and is out of work.? Everybody is one to three paychecks away from bankruptcy with very high competition against finding another job and yet they keep spending. Dumb mother fuckers

EAGLE EYE
10-13-2011, 01:16 AM
Yes, they are. Purchasing these devices in ever increasing quantities by the general populous creates a demand for more employees. The apps created for free are mostly trial versions that have an optional full upgrade for .99 cents or more - and people pay for them.

That's not the real economic issue in my view. My view is wondering how in the hell are all these people supposedly affording these devices when "nobody has any money" and is out of work.? Everybody is one to three paychecks away from bankruptcy with very high competition against finding another job and yet they keep spending. Dumb mother fuckers

Besides retail or factory jobs, the entire eco-system of apps keeps developers paid and has opened the door for other emerging markets.

djskillz
10-14-2011, 06:40 AM
i've become addicted to the ipad. it's all i do nowadays.

IrOnMaN
10-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Yes, that's true BUT these smart devices are actually destroying more jobs than they create. Look at what happen to Boarders bookstore. The company had to file for bankruptcy because of what smartphones, iPhone, iPad 2, and Kindle can do. Instead of a person purchasing a book, they can just download it on their smartphone or pad. Isn't that lazy? Thousands of jobs destroyed thanks to these smart devices.

The music industry is down because of people downloading songs now bookstores future is in major jeopardy.

They're parents or grand parents.}:| Spoiled brats!

RzaRectum
10-14-2011, 07:45 PM
Yes, that's true BUT these smart devices are actually destroying more jobs than they create. Look at what happen to Boarders bookstore. The company had to file for bankruptcy because of what smartphones, iPhone, iPad 2, and Kindle can do. Instead of a person purchasing a book, they can just download it on their smartphone or pad. Isn't that lazy? Thousands of jobs destroyed thanks to these smart devices.

The music industry is down because of people downloading songs now bookstores future is in major jeopardy.
You're looking at the situation all wrong. These issues are all temporary and it happens everytime a revolutionary change (in this case and mostly.. in technology) affects the job market. Certain jobs become obsolete. It only opens doors for future growth. This is why people are constantly told to get their education and keep that education current with the market. Education to develop skill sets that people pay money for, and the updates so that those skills remain marketable. Imagine having virus protection that you could never update. Your computer would be swimming in pirahna infested innanet. Imagine it being an XP system that never received a single update. All your loopholes would be exploited.

It's not lazy. We're moving at the speed of life and the demand for faster, easier, simpler, & cheaper keeps going up as the workload people are expected to carry continues to go up.

All that is required is for more people (than are currently) to creatively generate more jobs by creating businesses that produce valuable goods or services people need and want. This includes the music industry. Apple has found a way to do it for music with itunes. Amazon is doing it for music in a similar way. RIAA is NOT doing it, but instead has attempted to strong-arm and intimidate the populous. I'm sure the music labels could get together and figure something out. Things aren't what they were. They never will be; they're different now. That's called 'Change'.

They're parents or grand parents.
Parents of all degrees are complaining about this economy... Yes, even the ones buying all this new age technology for their kids. They're almost bankrupt too and they still keep spending.

EAGLE EYE
10-14-2011, 09:24 PM
Lmao @ anyone who's surprised that certain jobs or industries eventually become obsolete.

RzaRectum
10-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Lmao @ anyone who's surprised that certain jobs or industries eventually become obsolete.

Not everyone is on that level.. I can't believe I actually explained it.. Lol.

IrOnMaN
10-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Parents of all degrees are complaining about this economy... Yes, even the ones buying all this new age technology for their kids. They're almost bankrupt too and they still keep spending.

They're complaining because it's common for people to complain about cash in this harsh times. Trust me when I say that they HAVE money to spend. This years Christmas will be a perfect example.

RzaRectum
10-16-2011, 10:27 AM
They're complaining because it's common for people to complain about cash in this harsh times. Trust me when I say that they HAVE money to spend. This years Christmas will be a perfect example.

I feel like you only got a blinded perspective of what's really going on in the socioeconomic stratosphere. Sure they HAVE the money and they're definitely spending it; but they really don't HAVE the money to spend if you can get what I'm trying to say. You will definitely see people spending a lot during the Christmas holiday, but without the proper knowledge what I'm getting at can't be seen until the aftermath, which is then too late.

Twiztid-Wutang
10-16-2011, 11:22 AM
How about. Reading actual books. Using the internet at home when you actually need it rather than having it on you just to check facebook and post shitty no one cares status's and not feel the need to be plugged into something electronic at all times like something from the Matrix? Just an idea

EAGLE EYE
10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
wshhFd67u4or7B9Q6k8p

Look at these retards doing and armed robbery over an iPad.

The funny thing is they are too dumb to realize that most people enable the 'Find my iPad/phone' app which shows the exact geo-coordinates of your lost device.

iOS 5 practically forces peop'e to turn it on during the upgrade. Not only can you lock it or remotely wipe it, but also lead the police right to a thieves door step.

JASPER
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM
They're probably selling it anyway.

EAGLE EYE
10-17-2011, 01:15 AM
BTW no other tablet can compete with ipad2 especially after ios 5 improvements

RzaRectum
10-17-2011, 03:21 AM
How about. Reading actual books. Using the internet at home when you actually need it rather than having it on you just to check facebook and post shitty no one cares status's and not feel the need to be plugged into something electronic at all times like something from the Matrix? Just an ideaWe're fenominoms from outta the matrix.

IrOnMaN
10-17-2011, 01:33 PM
wshhFd67u4or7B9Q6k8p

Look at these retards doing and armed robbery over an iPad.

The funny thing is they are too dumb to realize that most people enable the 'Find my iPad/phone' app which shows the exact geo-coordinates of your lost device.

iOS 5 practically forces peop'e to turn it on during the upgrade. Not only can you lock it or remotely wipe it, but also lead the police right to a thieves door step.

I don't think the guy had a gun. Maybe he just told the guy he had a gun just to scare him. If anyone has a tablet like the iPad2, he/she needs to be extra aware of their surroundings because people will try to rob you! Just stick with a laptop.

EAGLE EYE
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
That one kid flashed a gun in his
Wasteband

What makes you think you wont get robbed for a laptop unless its a piece of shit

IrOnMaN
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM
What makes you think you wont get robbed for a laptop unless its a piece of shit

Three people TRIED to rob me last year for mine and that nigga thug bullshit didn't work! Listen, all it takes is for someone who has big balls to fight back, gun or no gun.

EAGLE EYE
10-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Is that the inciddent you told us about where you ripped off your mr. Rogers sweater and went into beastmode?