PDA

View Full Version : Death Warrant Signed For Crips Co-Founder

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-26-2005, 07:47 PM
After another failed appeal, Crips co-founder/Death Row inmate Stanley "Tookie" Williams is scheduled to be executed next month.

On October 11th, 2005 the U.S. Supreme Court rejectedWilliams'appeal in which he claimed that his 1981 trial in Los Angeles' Superior Court was deemed unfair, mainly due to the fact that African Americans were excluded from the jury.

Superior Court Judge William R. Pounders signed a death warrant on Monday (24th) for Williams, co-founder of the notorious L.A. based gang. Judge Pounders also rejected his attorneys' request for a minor delay in the actual execution date which would give them some more time to seek clemency from Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.

"This case has taken over 24 years to get to this point," said Judge Pounders. "That is a long delay in itself and I would hate to add to that delay."

Williams is scheduled to die Dec. 13 at San Quentin prison. Since being convicted of four murders, he has denounced his life as a gang leader and continues to write from prison about the negative effects of gang life. He also still maintains his innocence.

Williams, and a high school friend, Raymond Washington, are credited with starting the Crips in 1971. Ten years later, the state of California convicted Williams of murdering Alvin Owen, a Whittier, CA convenience store worker, and, in a separate case from the year prior, two Los Angeles motel owners, Thsai-Shai Yang, Yen-I Yang, and their daughter, Yee Chen Lin, during a botched robbery, and sentenced him to death.

Since his incarceration, Williams has written a popular series of children's books, and he is primarily the one responsible for spearheading the truce between the Bloods and the Crips.

In 2004, a television biopic, Redemption: The Stan "Tookie" Williams Story, premieredstarring Oscar winner Jamie Foxx as Williams. His supporters have nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize and the Nobel in literature.

Sicka than aidZ
10-26-2005, 08:36 PM
making an example outta him

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-26-2005, 08:46 PM
ironic

triggahappy187
10-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Kill him he took lives that's the unforviable sin.

crass
10-26-2005, 10:11 PM
^^^when did you become God?

Os3y3ris
10-26-2005, 10:30 PM
You reap what you sow. Look at the hell he unleashed on America. Now, I cannot balance his good deeds and his bad. I personally would spare him. I don't feel sympathy though. This was avoidable through and through.

Frank Drebin
10-26-2005, 10:41 PM
shit i cant make up my mind about the death penalty. How can you kill someone to make their crimes even, how masta killah say "homicide is illegal and death is the penalty whut justifies the homicide wen he dies?" some shit like that. Man I cant say whuts right and whuts not. I guess if some1 killed some1 i loved i wouldnt expect or wait for the courts to provide justice

triggahappy187
10-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Nah you can't give that person back they life I think they should do some Afganistan shit, if the family of the victim want em dead he should die. Come on main He killed a family, a little girl, and as she layed there dying breathin for air he done fuckin mocked her. For dudes like that tho main I have little sympathy, I done get how one could do somethin like that when they say 25 then by 40 after spendin 15 years in jail make colorin books and tapes an shit.

Bloo
10-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Na man, nuke him...

What you're doing now doesn't change what you did. If your girl cheated on you 5 times and you left her, would you give her another chance just cause her next man cheated on her 5 times? You'd feel the same way a lot of people feel about this man. He's getting what he deserves.

Black Hole
10-27-2005, 05:12 AM
does anyone know the titles of the childrens book he wrote?

Bloo
10-27-2005, 05:57 AM
I agree that it won't make it right and I know we all aren't rightly fit to judge anyone for anything they've done. But it's just a plain issue of your past catching up with you. That's like a story a head a while back abotu a man - 74 years old - had a family, kids, grandkids, married 40 plus years, retired and living out his golden years. Turns out the man was a wanted serial killer for killing like 4-5 folks back in the 50s. They actually had a petittion to keep this man from goign to trial just because it was so long ago. But just because the man hasn't killed anyone in 50 some odd years doesn't mean he shouldn't be taken to trial just becuase he's old now. What if one of those people was one of ya'll mothers and the found the killer 40 years later. I bet you you'd still be just as hot at him 40 years down the line as you were when you first found out and if the court didn't do anything to him I bet you would've

Skellington
10-27-2005, 06:30 AM
Man, he still down there, damn....give the guy a break...I signed that petition a while ago, i'd do it again.

Queen Of Poetry
10-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Hmmmm.......I don't believe in violence myself and certainly do not condone murder but to do to him what he did to others to me, isn't right.......we r saying to him that u were wrong for taking lives so now we r gonna take urs and we r right....I don't know......for me just leave his ass in prison with no visits or rec time just let him sit in his cell for the rest of his life and think about his crime......

Robert
10-27-2005, 10:37 AM
life imprisonment is a better punishment, to spend most of your life in prison would be worse then being executed IMO. This dude dont deserve death, hes spent 24 years on death row! Can anyone imagine how bad that would be? Fuck the death penalty, its bullshit, you become like the perpetrators of murders when you execute them, and just coz its law doesnt mean you can wipe your hands clean of that shit. Maybe I'd think definitely if it was my family but you gotta look at this objectively, it simply aint right.......
peace

Skellington
10-27-2005, 10:42 AM
I think he deserves to get out, realy,what's he gonna do, he proved himself that he can actually be different person, he even encouraged youngsters all over the world to not go on the same road,he wrote books for children,he got a fuckin' nobelprice

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
10-27-2005, 10:56 AM
this guy should stay alive for the benifit of society

Oztradamus
10-27-2005, 11:01 AM
*C-walks in thread*

iNtell3kT
10-27-2005, 11:03 AM
Murder cant be solved by murder..DUH!

i htink if he changed, i mean damn, he written children books, and is obv out of that gang shit, i think he should be set free, i mean if u screws up again, sentence him to life, but let him have a chance, hes matured, and imo desearves a shot......

num2son
10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
*C-walks in thread*
;D

Skellington
10-27-2005, 12:07 PM
Death penalty is not a punishment, I wonder when them idiots over there would realize that.....

TeknicelStylez
10-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Do they even know for certain he killed them cats? The man says hes innocent... I mean alot of people do but, still. I think being a changed man and shit, he would wanna die if he had the death of a little girl on his hands.

check two
10-27-2005, 12:35 PM
I think he deserves to get out, realy,what's he gonna do, he proved himself that he can actually be different person, he even encouraged youngsters all over the world to not go on the same road,he wrote books for children,he got a fuckin' nobelprice

He deserves to get out of jail, or do you mean get out of death row?

Big Bad Man
10-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Man they let peedos n shit over here rot in cells n dont kill em. Over there you dont see fuckin KKK leaders done off n shit, no black peoples on jury, its a bit fucked up. I say let him live, being in a cell rest of yer life is enough punishment, we shouldnt decide when a man should go or not, its up to God and nature I believe. Those who break that rule, end up punished later on as well. That being said, some1 done sumtin nasty to some1 in ma family, Id kill em and accept a punishment. But death for defendin 1 self aint fair, sure he kicked the baws outta the self defence part but I wouldnae wanna see the man die, theres worse cunts out there in this world. Good film an all. Peace.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Man this is whats fucked about America. Full of hypocrites and contradictions. This guy is an positive example to all troubled youths gangbangin to show you how you can turn your life around, and that what you are doing isnt right. as it said hes been the one trying to sqaush the beef, but obviously redemption and forgivness is not what the USA preaches.

The US is supposed to be a religous country, mainly from the bible. But they fucking use that and ignore its teachings.

Always show forgivenss, especially for those who have changed theyre ways completely. Ignored

Thou shall not kill. Death Penalty?

God created everything in his image. We are all Gods creatures. Then why is there so much racism? All you are doing is insulting and showing no respect to your God, who created all beings.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-27-2005, 09:07 PM
You reap what you sow. Look at the hell he unleashed on America. Now, I cannot balance his good deeds and his bad. I personally would spare him. I don't feel sympathy though. This was avoidable through and through.
co sign

TeknicelStylez
10-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Na like ghost said its not right. We got departments of corrections, and rehabilitation centers for criminals, funny how most come out worse than they started, than when someone changes they aint tryin to have it. O well, I hope he made his peace with god.

triggahappy187
10-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Like I said let the peeps family decide if he lives of dies they dude took a life he choose to.
The family should be able to have that choice as well. Come on man like I said this dude shot a girl with a shotgun and as she lied there dying gasping for air he mocked her..... that's evil. Life is a gift don;t give me that Masta Killa bullshit, ya it justifys the homicide when the killer dies, maybe not to us but it might to the family.

TeknicelStylez
10-27-2005, 09:40 PM
Like I said let the peeps family decide if he lives of dies they dude took a life he choose to.
The family should be able to have that choice as well. Come on man like I said this dude shot a girl with a shotgun and as she lied there dying gasping for air he mocked her..... that's evil. Life is a gift don;t give me that Masta Killa bullshit, ya it justifys the homicide when the killer dies, maybe not to us but it might to the family.How do you even know he did it? Do you know how many gang members back than were convicted of crimes they had no part of just to get it out of the way? Half the times they don't even know wtf happened.

Os3y3ris
10-27-2005, 11:33 PM
Even if he DIDN'T do it, he unleashed one of the most murderous, destructive gangs ever on America. If he's not guilty of this, he's sure as hell no innocent, and he could've avoided even the APPEARANCE of guiltiness by avoiding violent street gangs. If its not justice, its still kharma.

Masta Genius
10-27-2005, 11:56 PM
no its not u stuid fucker

TeknicelStylez
10-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Even if he DIDN'T do it, he unleashed one of the most murderous, destructive gangs ever on America. If he's not guilty of this, he's sure as hell no innocent, and he could've avoided even the APPEARANCE of guiltiness by avoiding violent street gangs. If its not justice, its still kharma.It's called a victim of circumstance. Most people in L.A. at the time didn't have a choice but to join a streetgang, it's either that or be fair game for any cat that wanna fuck with you. And the gang like most gangs wasn't started to be a big ass crew responsible for the death of mad black people. He was just bringing a group of people together to help defend his neighborhood against other gangs that were imposing in the area. It wasn't even about guns and shit till crack hit, at that point it was too late. If you wanna blame something don't blame the gangs blame the crack.

Classic example of how people stereotype in america, It's ok when caucasions do the same exact thing, "Mafia" and is in fact glorified on TV daily. But when we do the same thing it's called gangs and it's shunned upon. I'm not saying either one is right but even up the fuckin odds. Ghotti wasn't on deathrow neither was 90% of the notorious mob bosses they took down.

Masta Genius
10-28-2005, 02:00 AM
everybody is a 'victim' tek

J-Cee
10-28-2005, 02:56 AM
He created the Gang crips to protect him and his frends when he was young,he never wanted it to turn out to be a gang of killers.I Think he was innocent,i mean back when he had his trial that sentenced him it was all white people,it was unfair.He has dedicated his life now to helping others,helping kids to not make the mistake he did,probably stopped thousands of young black males/females from going into gangs etc.He turned his back away from the gang he created just to better his ways and others ways 2.
Set him free..if god can forgive we should be able 2 too.
DO IT BITCH..NOW.

TeknicelStylez
10-28-2005, 03:49 AM
DO IT BITCH..NOW.
LOL...

yea but I also don't believe the movies hype, I'm sure there was alot more to it than just that. You know it's biased, they're not gonna potray him as a brutal ass killer and shit and than like, "free him please". But I do believe he changed, when your whole life gets fucked up and you watch something you created going to shit, it'll definately switch your perspective on things. I don't think his intentions upon creating the crips were to be what it is now.

Visionz
10-28-2005, 04:39 AM
The definition of justice is the action of being just......

1) Honorable and fair in one's dealings and actions:
2) Consistent with what is morally right; righteous:
3) Properly due or merited:

When you look at the definition of the word, it's easy to see why the situation itself can be so contradictory. If you look at the #1, it would seem fair that if you(assuming his guilt) take four lives then the trade would be his own life. I don't think it's compassionate but I would have to say it's fair, which would also be consistent w/ #3. However when you look at #2, I have to say no, it would not be morally consistent to execute a man who has completely changed his life around. The man they're seeking to kill doesn't even exist anymore. I don't think they should let him out of prison. Being reformed doesn't change what he did, and it also opens the floodgates for any convicted killer to write a couple of children's books as a foundation for their reformation and an excuse to be back on the streets. I wouldn't care how many kids books Charles Manson might come up with, I wouldn't want him out walking around w/ the rest of society. But the fact the guy is doing something positive w/ his life should count for something, and with all the positive work he is now doing, it seems obvious to me that he does more good to the rest of society alive rather than dead. That's my two cents on it. peace

10-28-2005, 05:05 AM
it's unbelievable how lots of ppl think the death penalty aint's so bad...

Big Bad Man
10-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Even if he DIDN'T do it, he unleashed one of the most murderous, destructive gangs ever on America. If he's not guilty of this, he's sure as hell no innocent, and he could've avoided even the APPEARANCE of guiltiness by avoiding violent street gangs. If its not justice, its still kharma.
But some shit is unavoidable man. When you got arseholes harming people for no reason people are gonna unite and start their own "family" or "gang". Here where I live the city is divided into 2 halves, always has been, where each side fights. + 2 religions which is a whole different story and yall wouldnt understand. Anyhow, the fact I played football wit a lotta dudes on other side when I was young meant I got on wit every1 and could walk freely where I wanted in my town. But as the years passed and the younger generation came through, my brur and cousins and shit were getting involved in that shit like it or no, and I ended up having to maul some ol mates coz of it, and now have mad enemies all over the city. So sometimes you have to do shit in life and there is no decision. Then you have boundaries and its up to u whether you step over, I always keep my beefs personal and dont involve other peoples families and shit, but some do. That "innocent" girl coulda been a sister or something to some1 who done over 1 of his people and thats how he could get back at em, I donno man. Who knows. If he was killin cunts for nuttin, fuck him. If he had his reasons God bless him. Peace.

T.H.O.M.A.S. Man
10-29-2005, 08:51 PM
it's unbelievable how lots of ppl think the death penalty aint's so bad...
No doubt. I don't think killing him or anyone is the answer. There are certain cases when it's plain not safe to release people back to the public but that doesnt mean they should lose their lives. If this guy Tookie really did kill four people then he should face the consequence, even though I highly doubt he would pick up his red bandana if he got out.

Visionz
10-29-2005, 09:56 PM
^Crips and a red bandana? cmon' duke

TeknicelStylez
10-31-2005, 12:46 AM
But some shit is unavoidable man. When you got arseholes harming people for no reason people are gonna unite and start their own "family" or "gang". Here where I live the city is divided into 2 halves, always has been, where each side fights. + 2 religions which is a whole different story and yall wouldnt understand. Anyhow, the fact I played football wit a lotta dudes on other side when I was young meant I got on wit every1 and could walk freely where I wanted in my town. But as the years passed and the younger generation came through, my brur and cousins and shit were getting involved in that shit like it or no, and I ended up having to maul some ol mates coz of it, and now have mad enemies all over the city. So sometimes you have to do shit in life and there is no decision. Then you have boundaries and its up to u whether you step over, I always keep my beefs personal and dont involve other peoples families and shit, but some do. That "innocent" girl coulda been a sister or something to some1 who done over 1 of his people and thats how he could get back at em, I donno man. Who knows. If he was killin cunts for nuttin, fuck him. If he had his reasons God bless him. Peace.Yea I heard Glasgow mad gutter. Yall be shankin cats alot out there.