PDA

View Full Version : People's fascination with celebrity gossip?

check two
10-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I was just wondering why some people, particulary girls, are so interested in stupid celebrity gossip shows such as Entertainment Tonight, and the tabloid magazines? Why do people care what Ben Affleck wore to a baseball game? Why do people care what restaurant Madonna ate it? Why do people care whether Julia Roberts wore her hair up, or down, while going to see a play?

Popa Chief
10-26-2005, 11:52 PM
Ya man, no idea. Its all bullshit. If there's anyone who watches Entertainment Tonight should be strangled and anyone who who's interested in something on that show should be sent to Siberia, stripped of their clothes, thrown in a lake and left to die.

Good thread.

arcane
10-27-2005, 01:06 AM
TRUE, TRUE, and TRUE.

Hate that shit - celebrity bullshit. I'd like to smack a "celebrity" who thinks that because their job is to act in movies that they deserve special treatment.

Dave Chappelle has a good bit in "For What It's Worth" about why the fuck people want celebrity's opinions on shit that actually matters. "I wanna know what Ja Rule thinks about this!" LMAO.

triggahappy187
10-27-2005, 01:45 AM
I done pay attention to that shit main If I ever saw that dude that does the show i'd rob his ass lol

Bloo
10-27-2005, 05:07 AM
I just think it has a lot to do with peoples facination to be famous. To be in the spotlight and be known. I think it also has to do with the fact that to a lot of people who feed into those things it shows them just how "normal" celebrities are. I personally don't think anything special of anyone famous seeing as how there as thousands of people out there that make a lot more money than celebrites but are not known at all. What makes them different? Just cause they weren't in Titanic or they're not getting spins on the radio, but they're getting that paper. Those are the muhfuckas I wanna know about...

I'm thinking of starting a magazine of my own... The Rich and Obscure, think it'll be a hit?

Queen Of Poetry
10-27-2005, 07:57 AM
I'm guilty....I eat all that shit up.....I really can't explain why.....obsession I guess......(I know go ahead and call me pathetic)......

Sweet6
10-27-2005, 08:40 AM
I want to know how many kids Michael Jackson molested today. I want to know how much coke Sheryl Crow snorts. I want to know whose cocksickles Paris Hilton been suckling lately. I want to read who Britney Spears married last night. I want to know who Cam'ron be beefin' with. I need to know these things in order to continue living my life.

Cheech Da WildKard
10-27-2005, 08:45 AM
I want to know how many kids Michael Jackson molested today. I want to know how much coke Sheryl Crow snorts. I want to know whose cocksickles Paris Hilton been suckling lately. I want to read who Britney Spears married last night. I want to know who Cam'ron be beefin' with. I need to know these things in order to continue living my life.
LOL ..you crazy...:thumbup:

Skellington
10-27-2005, 10:39 AM
They just don't know better and want something to talk about.....Not me, I don't need something in the news to talk about,I talk about REAL life, I don't even watch the freaking news....ugh.....

iNtell3kT
10-27-2005, 10:43 AM
i think it can be funny....entertaining on a diff level, just depends who u r, but i dont really care, but i do like whatching thos shows on VH1 about how much money celebs spend on stuff or how big they house is, ya know cuase they got some crazy shit, like Oprah, her whole house is remote control, ha, just shit like that, but i dun care like some girl on a diff forum made this topic that "TOMKAT PREGNANT?" where she made a big deal that Katie Holmes is pregnant by me....i mean Tom Cruise....but i didnt give shit...

RapLevelated
10-27-2005, 12:07 PM
I was just talking about this with a friend. Why do people obsess with celebrities? I think part of it has to do with self esteem and part has to do with American's obbsession with the wealthy class. All you see on TV are shows about rich people, it's like wealth automatically makes you a celeb. Another part has to do with the gossip thing like dude said above. The people that obsess with celebs are probably gossipers anyways, and what's easier than gossiping about a bunch of fucks whose lives are all over TV and magazines? Did you hear this? Did you read that? Did you see this? It's rediculous.

What's the last intelligent thing you have heard a celebrity say (outside of music) ?

Skellington
10-27-2005, 12:08 PM
"George Bush doesn't care about black people" - Kanye west LOL ;)

check two
10-27-2005, 12:14 PM
i think it can be funny....entertaining on a diff level, just depends who u r, but i dont really care, but i do like whatching thos shows on VH1 about how much money celebs spend on stuff or how big they house is, ya know cuase they got some crazy shit, like Oprah, her whole house is remote control, ha, just shit like that, but i dun care like some girl on a diff forum made this topic that "TOMKAT PREGNANT?" where she made a big deal that Katie Holmes is pregnant by me....i mean Tom Cruise....but i didnt give shit...

I wouldn't tell other guys that you watch that show on VH1.
:lmao:

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Easy- people feel worthless and unimportant. But as to why they look to brainless self obsessed talentless "celebritys" (whatever that means) I dont know. Why dont they focus theyre confusion over life on something worthwhile or itelligent, instead of wasting theyre life watching how celebs dress and behave and walk.

Society is braindead. Theyve managed to get people not give a fuck about the important issues, so they can go ahead with theyre corrpution and destruciotn of the Earth.

Murdah Piff
10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
What's the last intelligent thing you have heard a celebrity say (outside of music) ? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Smif-N-Wessun/umad.gif

Cheech Da WildKard
10-27-2005, 05:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v179/Smif-N-Wessun/umad.gif
LMAO ..I'ma jack that for my sig...