PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, what can I eat to gain muscles??

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-28-2011, 01:38 AM
http://ayushveda.com/blogs/health/files/2009/12/tonedbody.jpg

I graduate in December.
I'll have a year off.
I will devote that year to swimming. (Hence my profile name.)
I will also lift weights but not too often.

What can I eat in order to gain muscles?? I keep hearing "eat protein, fish, chicken,,"

Is this true?

All reccommendations must be followed either by:

1.) Personal experiences.
or
2.) Links to workout/science web pages.
or
3.) Both.

http://www.spencemd.com/images/lipo-abs.jpg

Let's build. Diet only.

I'll go first.

I remember having great swim workouts. I heard drinking chocolate milk or Muscle Milk after workouts helped. I tried it. It did. I would also eat a fresh cheeseburger or chicken burger. (An actual grilled one. Not the fast food kind.)

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-28-2011, 01:40 AM
I will accept and try all serious reccomendations.
I will post before and after pictures.
I will sacrifice myself to Wu Corp.
I will be your guinea pig.

Uncle Steezo
10-28-2011, 01:55 AM
grilled or baked chicken breasts, broccoli and baked potato. 3 times a day. not including breakfast meal and midday meal
get some whey protein mix- walmart the fruit punch is great.

get plenty of sleep/rest thats when your body grows.

push ups- do em as much as possible, like all the time. varied hand positions.

NIGHT MAYOR
10-28-2011, 01:57 AM
6 meals a day, something the size of your hand %50 protien (chicken, fish, lean beef) %50 carbs (bread, pasta, rice). & something like a piece of fruit or vegtables 10-15 minutes later. eat your last meal with carbs 3 or more hours before sleeping, eat after workouts not b4 and drink nothing but water, no coffee, no grog.

that is all you need to know.

NIGHT MAYOR
10-28-2011, 01:58 AM
..................... i refuse to eat powders, you can get everything your body needs from food, true you get bigger with powders and shit but natural is better.

NIGHT MAYOR
10-28-2011, 02:01 AM
when lifting to gain size your reps should max out at around 12

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Where does muscle come from? I'm a skinny fuck.

The reccommendations so far are good, but are there any links or personal experiences to back it up?

On average, with doind basic sports and basic weights, how long does a guy start noticing muscle tonage and building?

NIGHT MAYOR
10-28-2011, 02:11 AM
Where does muscle come from? I'm a skinny fuck.

The reccommendations so far are good, but are there any links or personal experiences to back it up?

On average, with doind basic sports and basic weights, how long does a guy start noticing muscle tonage and building?

when you lift heavy wieghts your muscles rip, then you eat protien to repair quicker and faster. then they grow back bigger.

im 28 dude believe me or dont

your young it wont be very quick for you, your not even at full body size yet.

EAGLE EYE
10-28-2011, 02:26 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/jb0i7o.png

diggy
10-28-2011, 02:36 AM
From a single cum shot, at least 1.25 grams of protein can be expected. That's a lot of protein in a single dose. Imagine drinking a whole cup of that and what your muscles would look like after exercising on such a dietary regiment.

8O

EAGLE EYE
10-28-2011, 02:39 AM
From a single cum shot, at least 1.25 grams of protein can be expected. That's a lot of protein in a single dose. Imagine drinking a whole cup of that and what your muscles would look like after exercising on such a dietary regiment.

8O

hahahahahaaha I knew this was comment was cumming!!

Uncle Steezo
10-28-2011, 02:43 AM
i fell off scehdule during the summer cause i was traveling but in less than 50 days i was ripped. then it took another 30 to see the weight gain. i'm skinny as fuck too.
here's a pic after 20 or so days
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217321_1874466895964_1069937128_32142070_5333420_n .jpg

to be honest its all about discipline. if you just stick to a diet and an exercise routine you will see your body change. i assume you have a quick metabolism like me. i find that constant activity slows mine down cause i can eat like a pig and sit on my ass all day and not gain a pound but if i exercise, even running, the weight will stick.

diggy
10-28-2011, 02:45 AM
^^Do I see a hard one there below the waistline?

Uncle Steezo
10-28-2011, 02:47 AM

8O

well he said he uses the same cumsock and never washes it. he could just cut it up into bitesized pieces and keep it in his jaw like tobacco. shit would be like mainlining protien.

but i'm sure that nothing beats a fresh hot load to the back of the throat or if your lucky, a direct deposit to the esophagus. but double B hates blacks so good luck with that.

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Ya STYLE! I'm the type that can't gain weight. I eat junk food al day everyday and I've always been skinny.

How old are you cats? I'm 25. It's time to push my body towards better health. I want to impress ladies and also feel good about myself.

Uncle Steezo
10-28-2011, 03:25 AM
^^Do I see a hard one there below the waistline?
nope. thats just my long thick flaccid black cock. BONG BONG!!

BB-
i'm 35. and i had to hit age 30 before my body changed. its like a second puberty. but at age 25 i was still abusing my body with drugs and alcohol, so who knows if it was really age 30 or the lifestyle change.

PALEHORSE
10-28-2011, 08:38 AM
its a litttle expensive but this shit is like a natural steriod with out the negative side effects.

MAP Master Amino Acid Pattern Formula wolfe clinic

food for thought
10-28-2011, 10:09 AM
yo ive a skinny mufacka all my life too and just recently started gaining weight.

I just been eating as much as I can and trying to get in 3000 calories atleast, per day. So i researched what foods are the best for gaining healthy weight and bought a bunch of the shit. Then i checked the calories availabke in each serving and caluculated how much i get off one meal, and the total that is possible per day.

then i started pigging out.

At the same time, I been using Peganum Harmala, which is a natural anti depressant and MAO inhibitior. I dont know if the mao inhibition helped, but I, along with my close friends and family, have noticed the weight gain bro

I read online that these anti-deppresants are linked to increase weight gain. they said something about how it offsets some shit in your body to help weight gain

Other than trying to pig out,

ive been using these

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/images/perfect_pushup/Ultimate-push-up.gif

and extension bands, bros.

and crunches/sit ups.

JASPER
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I couldn't get over 140 lbs before I was 25. I've always been an active person and played different sports and I still ride bicycle everyday. I could eat anything and not gain one pound. I don't know exactly why that is, but probably has something to do with metabolism.

Now I'm 27 and I'm in the 200 lbs area. I'm 6'1, so I'm pretty tall and not overweight at all. I started lifting weights in January, when I weighted around 160, so I gained 40 lbs in 10 months.
One important thing I learned is to watch your calorie intake. When working out, you burn calories, if you burn more calories than you eat, you're not gaining muscles at all, you're just burning fat and if you don't watch it you can even burn muscles (not likely, unless you go crazy on your work out). So, the most important thing to remember when building muscles is to eat more than your burn.

I'm not entirely sure what you're aiming for, but I'm guessing you want to look ripped and have abs you can grate cheese on. That's what I'm aiming for. You can look ripped like Style, by just not eating that much and some light workout. He looks kinda frail, so I'm not sure you will want that. I suggest you start counting calories and make sure you don't expend more than you consume. Combine that with some (heavy) weight lifting, say 3 x an hour every week and you'll be building muscle mass pretty quick. The best result for me was when I started lifting weights I couldn't lift more than 10 times in a set.

After a couple of months you'll get buff and then you will want to start cutting. Get definition. Then it's a simple matter of burning more calories than you eat. Best to combine with cardio to stay in shape.

As far as what to eat, I suggest natural food. For protein rich food, it's fish, turkey, chicken and other lean meats. Also yogurt. And whole grain products.

Also, read this http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

Mumm Ra
10-28-2011, 10:52 AM
is simply doing shitloads of sit ups everyday the best ab workout?

without basketball to play in the winter my physical activity drops to roughly none. figure i should change that.

JASPER
10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
is simply doing shitloads of sit ups everyday the best ab workout?

without basketball to play in the winter my physical activity drops to roughly none. figure i should change that.
With sit ups you're mainly working your upper abs.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/217321_1874466895964_1069937128_32142070_5333420_n .jpg

Like that. That's two abs

Or this

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=315&d=1319678217

That's better. But you'll want to train the part below as well. Pull ups will help you build muscles below. Google for pull up exercises.

MAYOR QUIMBY
10-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Chevy Chase, you the man. Awesome tips.

As for Black people like TSA and STYLE though, they somewhat have an upperhand. Having 300+ years of rugged slave genetics helps. Not trying to be rude, just keepin it real. Also, tanning/darker skin helps define muslces more.

Here is an awesome life hack about muscles:

http://mlkshk.com/r/7BTF

I wish there was a simple life hack like this pic, but about nutrition. Up that shit if anyone has one.

J-Cee
10-28-2011, 03:27 PM
throw ya crack rocks in with ya corn flakes each morning,youll be lookin like The Thing in a couple weeks.swear to allah

Tecknowledgist
10-28-2011, 08:37 PM
With sit ups you're mainly working your upper abs.

Like that. That's two abs

Or this

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=315&d=1319678217

That's better. But you'll want to train the part below as well. Pull ups will help you build muscles below. Google for pull up exercises.

LOL. situps work your hip flexors and pull ups work your lats

why you're asking for workout advice from skinny pedophiliac cybergeeks is a wonder in itself

...i'm gonna go outside now. peace wucorp

JASPER
10-28-2011, 09:13 PM
LOL. situps work your hip flexors and pull ups work your lats

why you're asking for workout advice from skinny pedophiliac cybergeeks is a wonder in itself

...i'm gonna go outside now. peace wucorpMy experience is that sit ups mainly train the upper abs, not sure what the correct name is, but the abs above the navel. Then again, I keep my feet on the ground when doing sit ups, maybe that makes a difference.

I was wrong about the pull ups. I should have mentioned I also raise my legs, stretched. Like this...

http://strengthrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/pull-up.jpg

After ten of those I can really feel my lower abs.

I didn't mean to come off as some kind of expert, just kind enough to try and help a bro out. If you have better advise, feel free to share.

Uncle Steezo
10-28-2011, 11:40 PM
fucking is a good workout too.

food for thought
10-28-2011, 11:42 PM
lol i ^ thought bout posting that earlier

tajeco
10-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Tech-X Mass from The Vitamin Shoppe, Hometown Buffet, Pasta Roni, and push-ups got me from 160 to 190 in 3 months at the age of 26.
I was 160 or less in highschool, then became a vegan, so it was hard to gain, but then at age 26 started eating dairy and the stuff I mentioned and gained weight real fast. A friend told me that the Tech-X Mass can make you fat though if you don't work out.

tajeco
10-29-2011, 01:26 AM
push ups- do em as much as possible, like all the time. varied hand positions.

I thought it was better to wait 48 hours between working a particular muscle group to build mass. Or maybe I just tell myself that so I only have to do push-ups every 2 (or more) days

netscape check two
10-29-2011, 01:34 AM
i fell off scehdule during the summer cause i was traveling but in less than 50 days i was ripped. then it took another 30 to see the weight gain. i'm skinny as fuck too.
here's a pic after 20 or so days

to be honest its all about discipline. if you just stick to a diet and an exercise routine you will see your body change. i assume you have a quick metabolism like me. i find that constant activity slows mine down cause i can eat like a pig and sit on my ass all day and not gain a pound but if i exercise, even running, the weight will stick.

XZtgoTQRH4c

BrokenWrists
10-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Stretch 1st for at least 15 minutes! 200 plus push ups a day if you cant every day, dont worry at least do some. 300 - 400 squats a day, same as before if you cant. 45 minutes on a bike or running. Various dumbell curl positions such as regular curl, hammer curl, etc. start the weight at what you can do and move up as you see what you can handle. Bench press as much as you can doind 3 reps or sets. Get a pull up bar and do what you can. Their are many work out routines online, i dont feel like explaining all i used to do. That is just an example of what i used to do. Try to push yourself as much as you can turn into a raving lunatic and remember to yell loud! Just a reminder again it doesnt have to be everyday. At least try to make it that as much as possible. Also make sure to play your favorite music loud! About eating, well now i dont eat meat, back then, i used to eat a bowl of cereal for breakfast. 3 servings of chicken for lunch, and a full balanced dinner with whatever meat except pork, vegetables and a starch. Eat a little extra too during youre meals.

IrOnMaN
10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm having trouble too when it comes to gaining muscle. I lost 25lbs this month but my strength has increased, though. I don't understand how I can be 160lbs and bench 275lbs and squat 300lbs. I want to be bigger but it's not working. Whatever.

BASCO
10-29-2011, 01:41 PM
daps to all the skinny niggaz snrs. i want to up my cardio game though, some of you dudes are too narrow minded

EAGLE EYE
10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
Tectrus will never gain weight if he keeps pursuing a Breatharian lifestyle

netscape check two
10-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Try to push yourself as much as you can turn into a raving lunatic

I think you pushed yourself a little too much man lol

JASPER
10-29-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm having trouble too when it comes to gaining muscle. I lost 25lbs this month but my strength has increased, though. I don't understand how I can be 160lbs and bench 275lbs and squat 300lbs. I want to be bigger but it's not working. Whatever.Read my post. Eat more than you burn and make sure your your protein intake is sufficient.
Do heavy lifting with minimal reps. I mean so heavy you have to sacrifice form to go over 6 reps.

Do warm up your muscles though, because you might get injured otherwise and your program will be fucked. Also, simple sugars after workout will help your muscles recover quicker.

Food is an important factor when working out.

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/e1d36a4b.jpg