PDA

View Full Version : Penn State assistant coach charged with abusing boys

EAGLE EYE
11-05-2011, 04:40 PM
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-11/65943135.jpg

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/05/us-crime-coach-pennsylvania-idUSTRE7A42EX20111105

nasty

check two
11-06-2011, 10:20 AM
It might go down as the biggest scandal in college football history.

whitey
11-06-2011, 11:10 AM
these diddlers need to be punished.

THE W
11-07-2011, 01:13 PM
there was an episode of "law and order SVU" a month ago based on this same thing.

EAGLE EYE
11-08-2011, 10:45 PM
there was an episode of "law and order SVU" a month ago based on this same thing.

did Sandusky ghost write the script?

check two
11-08-2011, 11:30 PM
4O0EeTDWVPc

7JXoXdIJQ7I

EAGLE EYE
11-09-2011, 12:59 AM
Do these mindless students realize how bad they look in behaving this way? 20+ have been sexually abused and traumatized. Sandusky was anal raping 10 year old boys in the shower and nothing was done. Whatever the specifics of Paterno's involvement, you're really going to go cheer on his lawn right now? It's repulsive and pathetic.

bbsrock (http://www.youtube.com/user/bbsrock) 44 minutes ago

check two
11-09-2011, 01:22 AM
And Paterno seemed a little too happy given the situation. It looked like he was ready for them to boost him up and carry him all over the neighborhood.

whitey
11-09-2011, 06:07 AM

the basketball coach one? bosh and melo were in it.

joe pa was in on the cover up. in the very least he was complicit. they first knew of allegations in 1999, which is why he abruptly resigned.

but they defiantly knew 100% in 2002 when that grad student told higher ups he saw sandusky diddling a kid in the shower. at that time once he is not immediately handed over to authorities thats fucked. so for about 10 years they have know that he fucked a 10 year old boy in the butt and nothing was done about it. he was even allowed to use Penn State satellite campuses for his camp until 2008.

joe pa is like a god there he had more than enough power and clout to go over anyones head and go to the cops. he didnt.

they covered this shit up for the good of the football program that makes more money for the school than anything else probably. and that shit is sad. money is more important than protecting young children.

and these kids chanting his name and standing up for him 100% are laughable. dumbass sheep kids swept up in college football pandemonium like many big school college students fall into.

i dont give a shit who this dude was to those guys, i would turn in my own father or brother if i found this shit out about them.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-09-2011, 04:26 PM
its a fucked up situation. Especially since everyone was lauding how squeaky clean Penn State was after the the comparably petty and insignificant things that happened at Ohio State.

The media and NCAA basically forced Tressel to resign and handed out 6 game suspensions for the kids involved. Posey was suspended another 5 games for beingn overpaid for a summer job.

So, I'm thinking Penn State is going to be in a shitload of trouble. If not alerting the "authorities" about a tattoo for personal items "scandal" is that serious, than what is covering up the rape of a young child?

Thats an actual criminal law being broken, not some petty NCAA rules violation.

Its one thing for Miami players to be accepting money, cars, going on yachts..but this is so beyond that.

ESPN did a little newstory about the Miami situation when it broke, and the way they made it sound, you would have thought it was a presidential assassination plot they uncovered.

This is probably some of the most serious allegation ever brought on a school.

These cover ups need to stop.

Personally, I think the penalties are dumb because they rarely punish those not involved. Things like bowl bans and scholarship reductions are only hurting the people that had nothing to do with it.

I think Joe Pa should have to resign, which he will, those other guys should be fired, Sandusky should face trial, and anyone involved in this should be fired and/or face criminal charges if required.

Idiot students will be idiot students.

PSU is in big doo doo tho

check two
11-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Riots breaking out. I wonder what it's going to be like at Penn St's home game this weekend.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-10-2011, 03:33 PM
what the hell are these retards rioting about?

THE W
11-10-2011, 03:49 PM
there wont be any sanctions against the school. while these acts and the coverup of these act are repugnant, they didnt break any NCAA rules.

sandusky will go to prison where he'll be lucky to last a day. the two guys who perjured themselves will also serve time.

PSU will lose their beloved coach and and its good name which will fuck them over in recruiting.

gonna be tough to convince kids and their parents that you will do everything to care for the wellfare of student-athletes after something like this.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM
are you crazy, there is going to be sanctions. Especially since the act took place within a sports facility by a professor emeritus.

University officials lying to a grand jury? Covering up a child rape? A head coach, possible guilty of obstruction of justice? I'd say thats some sort of lack of institutional control.

I would expect a very harsh penalty.

Losing a coach, a season, your star player and half of your senior class for a majority of games wasn't enough for Ohio State for a minor scandal which wasn't reported by one man.

USC got hammered with penalties.

Miami is going to get hammered.

Do you thinkt hey are going to let PSU skate free?

The irony of it is they probably will, and you can get away with child rape, just so long as you don't profit in the form of a couple hundred bucks, some strippers on a yacht or tattoos.

The whole NCAA vs. Ohio State thing seems like a witchhunt to me. Overplaying the fuck outta some trivial violations.

Penn State is fucked. This is going to kill them, but if the NCAA sits by and does nothing, they are going to be the media's next witchhunt.

Its all about the P.R. and the "institution".

Seriously, why did Penn State cover up the incidents in the first place? To preserve the brand.

Why did they fire JoePa?

To preserve the brand.

Even if he didnt deserve it, the media and the public they influence had already made up their mind.

Same thing with Tressel. He coulda served his suspension, but in order to salvage the "brand", they got rid of him.

But this is part of being "famous" and being part of the billions of dollars of TV revenue

THE W
11-10-2011, 05:45 PM
joe pa getting canned is the only "sanction" penn state is gonna face.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-10-2011, 05:53 PM
LOL, you're absolutely insane if you think that.

especially since officials knew of Sandusky's conduct back in '98 when he was still coaching. And his quiet resignation was an exchange for PSU sweeping the issue under the rug.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-10-2011, 05:54 PM
ADs are just as responsible for insitutional control as coaches, as are presidents.

They already spoke with the NCAA president, and he said this was one of the worst scandals in its history.

They're in deep shit.

THE W
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
of course its horrible, dude has been setting up charitable institutions to rape kids. all responsible are losing their jobs and even going to prison...as they should.

nevertheless, it has nothing to do with unfair competition. this situation, as bad it is, is out of the NCAA competition police's jurisdiction.

penn state hasnt been getting an unfair competitive advantage through this sicko's actions.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-10-2011, 06:51 PM
they govern more than just that though.

whitey
11-11-2011, 08:06 AM
joe pa getting canned is the only "sanction" penn state is gonna face.

LOL, you're absolutely insane if you think that.

especially since officials knew of Sandusky's conduct back in '98 when he was still coaching. And his quiet resignation was an exchange for PSU sweeping the issue under the rug.

its difficult to say. no student athlete did anything wrong. and all parties associated with penn state and football are going to no longer be working at the school.

what else can they do? as sick as what this guy did, the NCAA has no dealing with it.

its all criminal laws that were broken.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-11-2011, 10:52 AM
thats not true at all though and the NCAA governing body does more than just penalize boosters and recruiting violations.

You could say, for instance, that by Penn State covering up this incident, (involving current and former members of the football staff), it gave them a competitive advantage in recruiting.

because if this would have gotten out, it almost certainly would have affected that, and its going to going forward.

So there doesnt have to be players involved at all.

Many schools have self imposed sanctions, but still got ransacked by the NCAA. All for stuff alot less sinister, so my guess is, Penn State will get hit hard, as they should.

whitey
11-11-2011, 11:02 AM
penn state just lost its first big recruit, some linemen from CO took back his verbal commitment. if anything covering it up makes penn state look worse to possible recruits and would affect them greater than had they policed themselves and turned him in in the first place, thereby any positive they had by remaining normal for those years is outweighed doubly by the negative that will come by going about it in the way that it did.

how will they punish them? take away scholarships, lose bowl eligibility? the punishments would be more based on moral grounds than any sort of violations. im not pretending to know all the in and outs of the rules of the ncaa but thats just how it looks to me.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-11-2011, 11:16 AM
This cover up has been going on since '99 so thats 12 years of a competitive advantage.

The football program would and should be punished for that. The AD especially, perjured himself in regards to the situation.

Those are huge violations.

If this is left unscathed, the NCAA is going to come under enormous criticism and pressure from the media and the public.

Especially since they recently claimed they needed to take a harder line to clean the sport up.

And they have.

I'd say that members of the athletic department breaking laws, and covering up incidents is both a moral and rules violation.

I don't think they deserve the death penalty, but they might get it.

The football department should be punished. I know that the perpetrators are getting off and whatnot, but thats part of the hypocrisy of college football.

The people who commit the crimes(the players mostly) usually get off scot free.

The whole system is antiquated. Its needs to be overhauled.

EAGLE EYE
11-11-2011, 07:12 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/11/penn-states-mike-mcqueary-administrative-leave.html

I dont know if they mean McQueary is getting death threats over not stepping in, or because he spoke up?

Probably both

check two
11-11-2011, 07:35 PM
How come he hasn't been fired?

THE W
11-11-2011, 07:41 PM
You could say, for instance, that by Penn State covering up this incident, (involving current and former members of the football staff), it gave them a competitive advantage in recruiting.

because if this would have gotten out, it almost certainly would have affected that, and its going to going forward.

:no:

dude...no.

whitey
11-11-2011, 09:18 PM
This cover up has been going on since '99 so thats 12 years of a competitive advantage.

The football program would and should be punished for that. The AD especially, perjured himself in regards to the situation.

Those are huge violations.

If this is left unscathed, the NCAA is going to come under enormous criticism and pressure from the media and the public.

Especially since they recently claimed they needed to take a harder line to clean the sport up.

And they have.

I'd say that members of the athletic department breaking laws, and covering up incidents is both a moral and rules violation.

I don't think they deserve the death penalty, but they might get it.

The football department should be punished. I know that the perpetrators are getting off and whatnot, but thats part of the hypocrisy of college football.

The people who commit the crimes(the players mostly) usually get off scot free.

The whole system is antiquated. Its needs to be overhauled.

the perjury was to a grand jury not to an ncaa panel. and he has criminal charges against him for it.

the ncaa is not in the business of punishing child molesters and conspirators. they punish people who break ncaa rules. dumb shit like hanging out with deon sanders and getting tattoos.

How come he hasn't been fired?

board of trustees decision.

OntheHorizon
11-11-2011, 10:05 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nationnow/2011/11/penn-states-mike-mcqueary-administrative-leave.html

I dont know if they mean McQueary is getting death threats over not stepping in, or because he spoke up?

Probably both

Probably because he spoke up more then anything, College football fans are worse then any professional fans, they make the Green Bay "Cheeseheads" look like casual viewers, if I were that guy I'd move out of PA as soon as possible, his speaking up, tho I agree with it, forced JOE PATERNO AKA THE GOD OF PENN STATE to retire, its not ridiculous to think somebody might shoot him over it...... They already starting riots

Olive Oil Goombah
11-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Its called Failure to Moniter.....and its a lack of institutional control.

Letting a child molestor on campus after knowing of charges IS a violation.

The NCAA panel does take the upholding of morals and ethics into consideration.

And I'd say members of the athletic department breaking laws and lying to grand juries is against NCAA rules that prohibit illegal activity.

Trust me, Penn State is going to get hammered.

Its just you rarely see a case like this. Most teams are covering booster activity or academic fraud, etc.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-12-2011, 07:58 AM
:no:

dude...no.

100% yes, are you even serious?

You think that if this situation came out in 2002, that that wouldnt have affected recruiting? JoePa might have been fired, cuz he was in the hot seat at that time as well.

They kept it under wraps for this exact reason. To preserve the reputation of the university and the football program.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-12-2011, 08:03 AM

Probably both

He's getting death threats over not going to the police. ANd i'm sure some retard ffans are indirectly blaiming him for the firing of JoePa because he told him first.

But both were at fault.

They referred it to their superiors, and every superior failed to do the right thing.

Sandusky, according to those that knew him, built this image of a selfless, ego-less, inspirational person.

I doubt anyone who knew him had the slightest inkling that this would even be happening.

And i'll give mcQueary the initial shock of seeing this happening, and fleeing the scene to comprehend what happened.

But PSU had known of this prior...and their cover up is inexcusable.

THE W
11-12-2011, 09:26 AM
100% yes, are you even serious?

You think that if this situation came out in 2002, that that wouldnt have affected recruiting? JoePa might have been fired, cuz he was in the hot seat at that time as well.

They kept it under wraps for this exact reason. To preserve the reputation of the university and the football program.
you are really, REALLY stretching it

lack of institutional control has to do with not monitoring activity related to violations of fair amateur competition and academic integrity. this is a criminal manner that has noting to do with that. the are many cases out there where student-athletes have done illegal things on campus and the NCAA didnt start making the school vacate wins or take away their scholarships or keep them out of bowl games.

penn state didint break NCAA rules, they broke the law and the law is handling it by those responsible going to prison.

saying they had an edge on other schools competitively because they covered this up is non-sense. this comes out in 2002, they get the pedo off campus before has has 10 years to seek out other victims, joepa and the school talk about how they dont tolerate such behavior even if its a well respected person like sandusky was at the school, joepa is labeled as a hero, and the football program goes back to business as usual.

besides that, there was no competitive edge to be gained by this. sandusky raping kids wasnt helping PSU land blue chip recruits. even by covering up the actions and acting like it didnt happen, i dont see how this was cheating or how it gave them an edge in recruiting over everybody else.

theres a difference between covering up a competitive rules violation that has been giving you a recruiting advantage and covering up something that would put you in a bad light and maybe hamper recruiting. the latter isnt cheating, but if you're outed it could fuck you up.

Compulsion
11-12-2011, 11:14 AM
This has nothing to do with the NCAA. Emmert wont touch this.

whitey
11-12-2011, 12:06 PM
the ncaa didnt punish LSU for their quarterback kicking some guy in the face. the police and the team dealt with that. this is in the same respect. a criminal matter.

tooch is just butthurt about ohio state getting the hard end of the ncaa dick over their tattoo and memorabilia scandal. i get what your saying in a sense, you would think they should be punished somehow by the ncaa, but i dont really see how they have any ground to do so. i dont think its gonna happen.

Art Vandelay
11-12-2011, 01:01 PM
i feel like the losers of cleveland last year who celebrated after lebron james lost in the nba finals. the collapse of the penn st. football program is the greatest thing i could ever witness as a pitt fan.

diggy
11-12-2011, 02:03 PM
wshhj1to49wURuy42Ihe

JASPER BEARDLY
11-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Some kid I grew up with recently was charged with kidnapping and raping a disabled kid. Knew him since elementary school, he was real weird and would sexually harass girls a lot back then. Kept being weird but I thought he wasn't a sexual deviant anymore.

I hope him and Sandusky have rough life sentences. Fuck both of them.

Olive Oil Goombah
11-12-2011, 02:52 PM
the ncaa didnt punish LSU for their quarterback kicking some guy in the face. the police and the team dealt with that. this is in the same respect. a criminal matter.

tooch is just butthurt about ohio state getting the hard end of the ncaa dick over their tattoo and memorabilia scandal. i get what your saying in a sense, you would think they should be punished somehow by the ncaa, but i dont really see how they have any ground to do so. i dont think its gonna happen.

Its all a competitive advantage are you kidding me? You guys are both retarded, but, I mean im talking to whitey and wade so i have to figure that into the mix.

Being scandal-less is a competitive advantage over being part of a university with scandals.

Athletic directors and coaches, covering up dirt within the program is a violation. Not only a criminal one, but an NCAA one.

Promoting McQueary for keeping his mouth shut(which will eventually come out) is a moral and ethical violation.

They are screwed regardless, but the football program deserves punishment for allowing this to persist.

I don't mind Penn State, I have no reason to want to see them crushed unlike art who is a Pittstank fan.

Its bad for the big ten as a whole.

While were on competitive advantages, I think extra practices (illegally) is much more of an advantage than kids selling there own property for tattoos.

Yea, im talkin about scUM.

So don't give me this competitive advantage in recruiting bullshit.

This is one big mess and PSU deserves whatever it has coming.

You were both probably touched by Sandusky

Olive Oil Goombah
11-12-2011, 02:55 PM
i feel like the losers of cleveland last year who celebrated after lebron james lost in the nba finals. the collapse of the penn st. football program is the greatest thing i could ever witness as a pitt fan.

Its a good feeling. I am also feeling very good about the loss of this NBA season.

I'd say, it'll free up a bunch of top recruits from Penn State, but they haven't had any for a while.

Art Vandelay
11-12-2011, 02:57 PM
this article was written on April 3rd of this year about Jerry Sandusky...

http://www.timesonline.com/columnists/sports/mark_madden/madden-sandusky-a-state-secret/article_863d3c82-5e6f-11e0-9ae5-001a4bcf6878.html

check two
11-12-2011, 06:23 PM
---In wake of Penn State, another college reveals abuse probe

CHARLESTON, South Carolina (Reuters) - In the wake of the Penn State child sex abuse scandal, another university, The Citadel military college in South Carolina, revealed on Saturday that it had investigated accusations against a camp counselor but took no action.

The man has since been jailed on separate charges of molesting five boys in Mount Pleasant, near Charleston, South Carolina.

"We regret that we did not pursue this matter further," Citadel President Lt. General John Rosa and Board of Visitors Chair Doug Snyder said in a statement.

The Citadel said it investigated four years ago accusations of inappropriate conduct with children by Louis Neal "Skip" ReVille, who was a counselor at the military school's camp.

ReVille is a graduate of The Citadel, the college said, and worked as a counselor at the school's camp for three summers between 2001 and 2003.

In 2007, a former camper at The Citadel Summer Camp informed the school that five years earlier, when he was 14, ReVille invited him and another boy into his room where the three watched pornography on ReVille's computer and masturbated, college officials said.

"Because of the seriousness of the accusation, The Citadel's general counsel conducted an investigation immediately, including traveling to the individual and his family and conducting an interview," the statement said.

"A thorough review of Mr. ReVille's records revealed no other complaints, and interviews indicated that he was highly regarded by those at camp. His file included a clean background check conducted by an outside organization. Unlike his admissions to current charges, Mr. ReVille strongly denied the accusation."

After graduation from The Citadel, ReVille was a principal at Coastal Christian Preparatory School and had coached sports for years at several area schools and recreation centers, police said.

He was arrested in October on the child molestation charges.

The Citadel said it was commenting on the incident now because of media requests in the wake of the Penn State sex abuse scandal. Jerry Sandusky, the former defensive coordinator for the Penn State Nittany Lions, was charged on November 5 with sexually abusing eight young boys over a period of nearly 15 years.

That scandal has forced the resignation of some of Penn State's biggest names, including the school's president, its athletic director and its legendary football coach, Joe Paterno.

PALEFORCE
11-14-2011, 03:27 PM
i thought this was a joke at first but its real! lol
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/sadunsky.jpg

RUSHING PLATYPUS
11-14-2011, 04:02 PM
i thought this was a joke at first but its real! lol
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/whitel0tus/sadunsky.jpg

I just realized that it is Sandusky under the rags in your sig.

check two
11-15-2011, 12:11 AM
6kPbdBjaq6k

RUSHING PLATYPUS
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
This man should have his genitals melted off with a blowtorch. Then they should ease the pain by applying boiling saltwater shortly thereafter.

THE W
11-15-2011, 11:45 AM
^^something along those lines has a very good chance of happening once he goes to prison.

the punishment for his crimes will be torture and death.

check two
11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Now McQueary is saying that he did go to the police when he saw the shower incident?

-http://news.yahoo.com/email-tv-talk-add-twists-penn-state-case-010955698.html

JASPER BEARDLY
11-16-2011, 01:23 AM
If this had occurred a month or so ago and I lived in pitt I def would have been The ginger coach for Halloween

PALEFORCE
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
holy fucking shit!
Listen to this interview, theres no fucking doubt this dude is a serial pedo

JASPER BEARDLY
11-16-2011, 12:54 PM
you didnt post a link

Olive Oil Goombah
11-16-2011, 04:28 PM
LOL...yea he didnt come off too well.

But i think the strategy was he admits he plays around with boys, but he never takes it to the next level. Prove it that he does.

Alot of other lawyers are dogging this motive, but its the only choice he has to minimize the charges, which he undoubtedly is aiming for.