PDA

View Full Version : Mf Grimm was mentioned In Prodigy's Book but not named

manhattan360
12-04-2011, 01:26 PM
Prodigy mentions him in his book unlike D.M.X who Mf Grimm is rumored to have Battled and beat but never mentioned in the autobiography of dmx. Who do ya think is the telling the truth

Prodigyís comment:
ďNasís debut, Illmatic, had gone gold in October 1994, and he was having a party at the Melting Pot nightclub in Manhattan. The whole QB went. The party was poppiní for a few hours when some guy in a wheelchair started beefing with one of the QB homies. How is somebody in a wheelchair still beefing? I thought to myself. Everybody from the hood was upset because Nasís momís and baby moms Carmen were there and shouldnít be exposed to needless drama, so one of the QB dudes kicked the wheelchair gangsta in the chest, knocked him out the wheelchair, and started brawling with his crew. People got shot, stabbed, cut, and beat down. It seemed people didnít believe what we said in our songís or they didnít care and had a fetish for pain. Itís mind-bogglin. We went home and saw it on the new later.Ē

Quote (MF Grimm "Sentences")
Before the shooting, I was working as a journalist for RIGHT ON! Magazine, and I continued on afterwards. One day, I interviewed Nas. His first album, "illmatic", has just went gold, and Sony threw a party to celebrate. I'd known Nas for many years, and we were very good friends, but like I said, I was a different person by this point. Everything was going fine at the party at first, everyone was having a great time, but it didn't last. Long story short, there was a misunderstanding over some nonsense between my crew and Nas' crew. Funkmaster Flex was there, and he was calling for me to join Nas up on stage, but by that point, sh*t was WAY out of hand, and gunshots were going off in the crowd.
People started screaming and running for the doors. We all managed to ruin an event that should've been beautiful. That was a day a black mother should've been proud of her son, but we fu*ked it up. It wasn't cool, and it's one of the few things in life I truly regret and apologize for.

MF Grimmís response:
ďHow are you brother?
My name is Percy Carey MF GRIMM. I just wanted to clear something up. I didnít start the fight at the party, I was never touched by anyone and to be honest, I didnít know Prodigy was even there.
Anyone who was there know I wasnít touched including Nas and Funk Master Flex and many others who were really there.
I would appreciate if you ask them to post this in the forum and at your blog if possible. I am not asking anyone to pick any sides on this matter, I just wanted to give you the true story being one of the people in the altercation and not some imaginary tale by some one who speaks from a spectatorís point of view.
Nas and I resolved the issues the next day and are still brothers.
My name and rep speaks for itself in Manhattan where I am from and where this altercation took place.
Now that I am much older and wiser my regret is that Nas mother (May she rest in peace) was present. It had to be a bad feeling to be a black woman seeing so many young black men fighting for no justifiable reason.
I spend my time talking to children about staying away from violence and staying in school and I would advise Prodigy to do the same, because it is a good feeling to know you helped change a childís life by focusing on positivity.
I thank you guys for bringing this situation to my attention. I hope this help clear things up. Take care.
Percy Carey MF GRIMMĒ
Thanks again Grimm. I really appreciate tell me about this event in hip-hop history. One love.

OntheHorizon
12-04-2011, 01:45 PM
It sounds fucked up but hey, if your stuck in a wheelchair then you should recognize the position your in and shut the fuck up, people with disabilities think it gives them a "Get out of an Ass Whoopin Free" card

I seen this shit at the club I use to bartend at back in college, some dude who had really really short arms, like damn near just hands attached to his shoulders, stepped to this dude at the bar for no reason, wasnt even drunk or nothin and started calling him and his girl all kinds of "Bitch ass Niggas" and "Dyke Lookin Hoes" and dude finally gave him what he was askin for, then the cops come there and the dude starts crying like a victim about being helpless and how unfair the attack was, I heard the dude got 5 years for it for attacking a cripple but fuck that I'd gave him probation, other guy started it, if you dont want it dont ask for it

CEITEDMOFO
12-04-2011, 02:32 PM
^ THAT DUDE SHOULD HAVE JUST MUSHED THE CRIPPLE INSTEAD OF BEATIN HIM DOWn, AS FOR MF GRIMM I BELIEVE HIM MORE HES MORE OF A G THAN PRODIGy

spiggity_ace
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM
grimm was a g, and one of the most screwed over mc's in the game, he has mad skills too, i remmeber him announcing an album with the gza, never happened tho

whitey
12-04-2011, 09:21 PM
grimm is the man. prodigy is mad suspect with his stories. his shit should be in the fiction section.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-04-2011, 10:02 PM
prodigy's storys do sound mad suspect for real..to be quite honest

KBOS
12-04-2011, 10:31 PM
Ps stories are more rumour and perspective based than fact based, with exaduration peppered in here and there for entertainment.

CEITEDMOFO
12-04-2011, 10:56 PM
KBOS FUCK u

THE MASON
12-05-2011, 12:48 PM
i highly doubt anyone would kick MF Grimm in the chest, despite being fucked by record industries, dude is a legend in the game and just in general.

P just a shit disturber, then hides behind the infamous Mobb Deep.

people with disabilities think it gives them a "Get out of an Ass Whoopin Free" card

same could be said for Prodigy

triPAUD
12-07-2011, 01:06 PM
Ps stories are more rumour and perspective based than fact based, with exaduration peppered in here and there for entertainment.

Yeah i don't think p is lying, I think its how he remembers it which probably got exaggerated. LOL kicked in the chest is a bit much, but 1. it was probably more to Grimm's favor that he left his name out and 2. he wasn't wrong in most of what he says because grimm admits it and apologizes like a G.

main_man
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
yeah, prodigy blows shit way out of proportion. and i am a fan of mobb deep.

but in all reality, i think grimm in a wheelchair would beat the fuck out of prodigy & havoc.

mobb is tight, but grimm is the real deal. not only a real street type cat, but one of the most underrated mcs probably of all time.

RynMur
12-07-2011, 08:05 PM
MF Grimmís response:
I just wanted to give you the true story being one of the people in the altercation and not some imaginary tale by some one who speaks from a spectatorís point of view.

Prodigy has been doing this a little too much lately