PDA

View Full Version : What artist(s) would you say are the most diverse?

Fatal Guillotine
12-05-2011, 01:03 PM
and has the most diverse catalog?

whether mainstream or underground?

Prime8
12-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Kanye is pretty versatile.

*Waits for hate from hip-hop hipsters*

z8yoxyIu0s8

Others include:
One Be Lo
Nas
Eminem
Common
Mos Def
Qwel
Aceyalone
Jay-Z
Fashawn
Blu
Cormega
Pharoahe Monch
Lupe

Synthesizer Patel
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Jay-Z forreal

PANDA PISS
12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
musically i'd say beastie boys, outkast, the roots, de la etc, and thinking about it lyrically also.

as far as lyrics go i think kanye is a little more diverse than most. a lot of rappers stick to one topic, kanye always has new concepts and even when he talks about the same topic he finds a new part of it to explore or at least says it in a new way.

compare his catalog to mobb deep, method man etc. its not a diss, because those guys are infinitely better at that style of rap than ye would be. kanye just has a wider creative vision than them both in terms of music and rhyme styles.

OntheHorizon
12-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Wyclef, dude will rap with everyone from Earth Wind And Fire to Kenny Rogers

Might not always be an enjoyable listen but he's tried more shit then anybody

mikhail213
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Ur mother rapedd biathchchchc

theheavens
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
MF Doom and Ghostface

KBOS
12-05-2011, 06:30 PM
i wanna throw busta in there he switches up the flow and the themes quite a bit while still bringing that busta presence, even when its on a faggoty feature.

Jigga like it or not. Em because although I only like his earlier styles he has shown he can flip it left and right and show all sides of his personality and life. I kinda wanna say kool keith hes fucked around with a few different themes.

Dr Sleepwalker
12-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Kanye - This guy can take any genre and smash it together and it'll sound mint. as far as I'm concerned he's not far off of a magician musically. a lot of his material may not sit well with hip hop purests, but his musics sound quality cant be argued

The Roots - A live band that utilizes it to it's fullest potential. jazz, blues, folk rock, ect.. they've done it and they're STILL doing it while still keeping it original and thoughtful

El-P - Has a jazz instrumental album featuring his father, which was a jazz musician. while being heavily influenced by industrial rock, indy punk, and electro and STILL produces some of the rawest hip-hop. has even branched out and worked with Beck to System Of The Down to Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.
also he finished the album with Killer Mike, thats dropping real soon

drippie k
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM
outkast
the roots
cee-lo
kanye
eminem
jay-z
mos def

Fatal Guillotine
12-06-2011, 08:07 PM
why Jay?

Fatal Guillotine
12-06-2011, 08:45 PM
i agree with those who stated outkast

food for thought
12-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Mikah 9
Aceyalone
Abstract Rude
k-Os
Del the funky homosapien

food for thought
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Madlib
Insight
Wyclef before he turned faggit

THE MASON
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
The Roots and Madlib

those are about the most versitile and diverse hip hoppers on the planet. really, no one else needs to be mentioned

ill also throw a cosign at Del

Uncle Steezo
12-06-2011, 10:08 PM
STYLEmaster.

seriously.
that dude has more styles, rhyme schemes, deliveries, sounds than anybody out there. he's like the hip hop Ben 10. plus he makes beats too.

i mean how do go from this
vXysPwtwvsE

to this
LnMxzD6WYxI

to this
TAHkPEu7Ek8

to this
5nTcXRXpliU

to this
q1d-JDXnlk4

i haven't seen a style he hasn't been able to master. once i heard him sing a prince-esque love ballad, chant some slow rockers reggae and even do rock vocals for a thrash metal band. i think he had an acid jazz project out in the early 2000s.

dude is the epitome of diverse.

Fatal Guillotine
12-07-2011, 01:06 PM
^lmao..you a funny dude homie

Fatal Guillotine
12-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Mikah 9Aceyalone
Abstract Rude
k-Os
Del the funky homosapien

del really is, wasnt he suppose to drop another album
i havent really listen to mikah 9 fully i know he has some dope freestyles

Fatal Guillotine
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Madlib
Insight

Wyclef before he turned faggit

details on this guy

food for thought
12-07-2011, 03:07 PM
details on this guy

The young virtuoso forthrightly plunged himself into the hip-hop world entirely, spending hours alone in his bedroom learning--again on his own--every facet of the genre by deconstructing songs and sounds and then
building them back up in his own image.

In the process he also became an electronics wizard, a skill that would eventually manifest itself in his cutting-edge music. As Insight Todman began to make a name for himself in the burgeoning Boston rap scene of the late 1990s. He particularly became an in-demand producer and DJ, and included among his early credits was fellow Bostonian Mr. Lif's first single, the underground classic "Triangular Warfare."

Todman would go on to contribute tracks to projects by KRS-One, Edan, Jedi Mind Tricks, and Big Daddy Kane, among others. At Boston's 2001 Nemo Awards, Insight was voted Best New Hip-Hop Artist. He completely fulfilled the promise such an honor bestowed on his debut solo outing, released conjointly by Brick and Landspeed Records in 2002.

The ambitious, double-disc Update Software v. 2.5 was a multimedia labor-of-love comprised of one side of proper songs and another of experimental beats, videos, and a simulated SP1200 sampler game, designed by Todman himself, that allowed listeners to "remix" Insight songs. On the side, he continued to provide tracks to outside artists and to record with his side project, the quintet the Electric Company.

At the outset of 2003 Insight released his second Brick album, the Crooked Needle on a Square Record LP, a vinyl collection of previously unreleased, exclusive, and instrumental tracks. ~ Stanton Swihart, Rovi

xPdqNsgl0Ao

CbA8zzNCRqc

rmr3bWUra-A

this is off his new album alongside Count Bass D

fJsfvc9C0Io

S3H1X-zVjtc

hes also a computer programmer

food for thought
12-07-2011, 03:21 PM
del really is, wasnt he suppose to drop another album
i havent really listen to mikah 9 fully i know he has some dope freestyles

not sure about new del

Mikah 9 lately is on a whole 'nother level

most people are not ready.

listen to the diversity in these tracks alone

vy6w8FspmXQ

7AKHsU8ZLyg

Vkp_ObM_bXw

mjMoUkZTlkQ
^my personal favorite

Ci54FaDj_OE

^just found this video. this song is off his latest album

Palehorse shall despise this

6-etw8DkmcM

^another track off his latest. ^ spits a verse at 2:48 that reconfirms why he is one of THE GREATEST lyricists

lmao the guy is a Psychonaut too. his latest album is called Mykology (mycology is the study of mushrooms). lol i knew he was a head this whole time

food for thought
12-07-2011, 03:36 PM
lmao the guy grows his own weed too

x5LX1cFSSYk

PANDA PISS
12-07-2011, 06:40 PM
haha style actually might be the most diverse lol

"3 plates and hes still eating" lmao

Fatal Guillotine
12-08-2011, 12:12 PM
xPdqNsgl0Ao

CbA8zzNCRqc

rmr3bWUra-A

this is off his new album alongside Count Bass D

fJsfvc9C0Io

S3H1X-zVjtc

hes also a computer programmer

+rep is that his only album food

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-09-2011, 11:05 AM
im gonna say it,even tho alotta fans on here might not agree with me but pharell..dudes side projects like N.E.R.D can be seriously epic and creative

PANDA PISS
12-09-2011, 11:21 AM
pharrells album was great, definitely diverse but still had a cohesive sound to it. and hes actually half decent at rapping, although hes better at singing.

NERD i'm not sure if they're hip hop, they kind of swing between soul and rock with a little hip hop influence, but they definitely got interesting material.

Fatal Guillotine
12-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Pigeon John if you havent heard of him peep the other thread

Fatal Guillotine
12-16-2011, 09:22 AM
dont know about pharrell

JASPER BEARDLY
12-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Freddie Gibbs named himself

Ghostface
J Dilla
RZA

Fatal Guillotine
12-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Freddie Gibbs named himself

Ghostface
J Dilla
RZA

honestly dont know much about dude aside from the fact that he was in the freshman section in XXL. i once hear that he made a statement (diss possibly) towards someone and they ignore him