PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon John

Fatal Guillotine
12-09-2011, 12:21 PM
how many of you have heard of this guy and what do you think of him. i know he has collabo with abstract rude

Cq5EOejrQwE

dcCZovhBGIk&feature=related

Fatal Guillotine
01-10-2012, 12:44 PM
?

Fatal Guillotine
03-04-2012, 11:31 AM
surprise food didnt respond to this thread

MaskedAvenger
03-04-2012, 11:37 AM
The pool party album was the last thing I heard from him

LORD NOSE
03-04-2012, 04:09 PM
sick ass stage show

DirtMcgehrk
03-04-2012, 11:41 PM
sick ass stage show

Truth! His live shows are great. Really energetic and gives it everything he's got. The last album he did was "DragonSlayer". Pretty good, but "Summertime Pool Party" is my favorite by him. If you're looking for more positive, upbeat stuff then look no further.

He was also with a group called L.A. Symphony that has some great albums as well.

Fatal Guillotine
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
sick ass stage show

would never had guess you listen to pigeon john...thats peace. i remember hearing a song about 4 years ago...the chorus went something like ".....and my name is Pigeon John" dont know the exactly name of the song though.

food for thought
03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I havent heard much from this cat but what I have heard from him was unimpressive

So i dont really check for him.

But hes a prominent figure of the west coast underground and came up at the Good Life along with Abstract, Freestyle fellowship and the rest of the west coast Gods. I always considered him a weak link

I dont think hes even half as creative as abstract or aceyalone or myka etc so I therefore dont check for him

Fatal Guillotine
03-06-2012, 10:29 AM
i feel you someone else told me some of his albums and its material are hit and miss

like aceyalone never really listen to abstract rude outside of him being feature on a song

LORD NOSE
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
would never had guess you listen to pigeon john...thats peace

i don't - saw the shows though

Mr. R&B
03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
In all honesty, I can't take this dude seriously because of his name.

When I saw his album in a store the first thing that came to mind was Chicken George......

GhettoGnom
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
But hes a prominent figure of the west coast underground and came up at the Good Life along with Abstract, Freestyle fellowship and the rest of the west coast Gods. I always considered him a weak link

I dont think hes even half as creative as abstract or aceyalone or myka etc so I therefore dont check for him
I def see where you're coming from, but their not really comparable like that. PJ is an entertainer, FF are some of the rawest lyricists to grab a mic. John basically makes fun tracks and love tracks. It's like comparing Dylan with Beatles.

He's good at what he does though. He got a simple, very heartfelt way of writing, which makes him easy to connect with. So for those that don't know by now, yes, I'm a fan. I even liked a handful of joints from his newest album (Dragon Slayer, not the best place to start for anyone wanting to discover him)

2DBum3BYu88
gqh_YdR6kuU

like aceyalone never really listen to abstract rude outside of him being feature on a song
^Missing out on Aceyalone's solo work is about equivalent to missing out on Nas. Start with All Balls and work your way from there, he's definitely not to be slept on! Some of the most intelligent rap music to ever be made.
cn8MUZK4qmg

Taskmaster2112
03-07-2012, 12:53 PM
^Missing out on Aceyalone's solo work is about equivalent to missing out on Nas. Start with All Balls and work your way from there, he's definitely not to be slept on! Some of the most intelligent rap music to ever be made.
cn8MUZK4qmg

I couldn't agree more. "All Balls Don't Bounce" and especially "A Book of Human Language" are absolutely essential albums.

Fatal Guillotine
03-08-2012, 09:30 AM
I def see where you're coming from, but their not really comparable like that. PJ is an entertainer, FF are some of the rawest lyricists to grab a mic. John basically makes fun tracks and love tracks. It's like comparing Dylan with Beatles.

He's good at what he does though. He got a simple, very heartfelt way of writing, which makes him easy to connect with. So for those that don't know by now, yes, I'm a fan. I even liked a handful of joints from his newest album (Dragon Slayer, not the best place to start for anyone wanting to discover him)

2DBum3BYu88
gqh_YdR6kuU

cn8MUZK4qmg

dopeness

Fatal Guillotine
04-20-2012, 01:27 PM
"FF are some of the rawest lyricists to grab a mic."

agreed

Fatal Guillotine
06-16-2012, 04:27 PM
sick ass stage show

seen one of his shows and i'll have to agree with you there