PDA

View Full Version : Showbiz & A.G......Mug Shot Music now an EP???

LiquidSwords32
12-10-2011, 12:15 AM
back in sept on the premier blog it was stated this was going to be an LP executive produced by Primo. Now it's a 5 track ep, what gives? all five tracks are really good to. IMO these beats shit on all the krs one beats. anybody know the deal w/ the first announced Lp now released as an EP??

OntheHorizon
12-10-2011, 06:19 AM
My guess???........... Sample clearence issues, thats whats killing all these old school New York Producers right now because the entire sound is built on sampling

Joell Ortiz had to scrap that dope ass "Project Boy" beat from Primo because of sample clearence issues, Mac Miller couldnt use that Primo joint he got for the same reason thats why he leaked it instead for free

Victim # 2,000 of the internet, because nobody buys music anymore these musicians try and beat you over the head for sample clearences so nobody wanna use them

Just a guess tho, I could be wrong

claaa7
12-10-2011, 07:52 AM
nah, it's still an LP.. 5 songs of it has leaked. my guess is that you came across a link that somebody has labeled as "Mugshot Music" cuz it featured all the leaks. the album has no release date yet and will certainly not have leaked.

JASPER BEARDLY
12-10-2011, 09:11 AM
good it'd be a shame for such an ill concept to get downsized

Poet_Laureate
12-10-2011, 11:17 AM
i hope not but i saw on a site someone posted an EP version with the LP cover with the songs already leaked & some other various songs

LiquidSwords32
12-10-2011, 10:05 PM
My guess???........... Sample clearence issues, thats whats killing all these old school New York Producers right now because the entire sound is built on sampling

Joell Ortiz had to scrap that dope ass "Project Boy" beat from Primo because of sample clearence issues, Mac Miller couldnt use that Primo joint he got for the same reason thats why he leaked it instead for free

Victim # 2,000 of the internet, because nobody buys music anymore these musicians try and beat you over the head for sample clearences so nobody wanna use them

Just a guess tho, I could be wrong

yeah man it's defs killing Premier because he is not nearly releasing as much fire as he use to.... I never really thought about it untill you mentioned that , because I dont get to hear good Hip hop that i like that much anymore, and I thought it was me, but they just can't clear everything anymore......is it because it just costs way to much now to clear the samples now or what......music sucks now

i hope not but i saw on a site someone posted an EP version with the LP cover with the songs already leaked & some other various songs

yeah same here thats why I was asking, anyways like I said SHowbiz is going in on all of these joints so hopefully it stays on as an LP....

Pestilence
12-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Five songs have been leaked? I've only heard four.. Suspended Animation, Here and Now, Show & A and God Is Force I think.. what am I missing?

claaa7
12-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Five songs have been leaked? I've only heard four.. Suspended Animation, Here and Now, Show & A and God Is Force I think.. what am I missing?

there was also a dope single called "South Bronx"

Pestilence
12-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Cheers, gonna check that one out.

LiquidSwords32
12-11-2011, 12:17 PM
the beat for "south bronx shit" might be the best beat of 2011 if not top 3

Pestilence
12-15-2011, 02:54 PM
K7DONvIGF28

Saw this on claaa7:s blog.. Props for posting, it's part one and there should be seven more coming. Kinda sad how people are focusing on arguing over random shit instead of talking about this but whatever. Been listening to those leaks too much now ;)

claaa7
12-16-2011, 05:36 AM
^ word, i love the beats that Show play in that video... one thing that i think is a bit odd is that all these new Show & A tracks (and those in the video) have slamming Showbiz beats so why didn't he gave equally hot joints to KRS-One for "Godsville". there was a few songs on there that banged hard but overall i thought it was dissapointed and the production was some of Show's most uninspired.

anyway i'm just glad that he obviously still got it... the "Live Hard" EP from 2008 was one of my absolute favorites of that year - the version that had the improved "Land of the Free" remix with alot of strings made the EP perfect. best MC/producer duo in hip-hop still active!

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-16-2011, 08:38 AM
sample clearance issues have definitely hurt the industry major nowadays

djskillz
12-16-2011, 08:44 AM
still gotta check this out.

Origin™
12-17-2011, 12:56 PM
yo this album is my most anticipated album in a long while, god damn

these leaked songs are shitting on your favourite rappers, raw boom bap shit, that here and now song is just monsterous

can't wait to cop this shit, any new info on release dates?

triPAUD
12-21-2011, 10:54 AM
the beat for "south bronx shit" might be the best beat of 2011 if not top 3

Yeah its nuts! album is looking dope so far

GRANDMASSIVE.
12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Can anybody hook me up with a zip file to this? I cant find it. peace

Pestilence
12-23-2011, 05:43 PM
To what? It's not released yet.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
12-24-2011, 02:14 PM
samples are the greatest and worse thing for music especially hip hop because you can derail an entire album due to sample issues i find it funny how like ghostface had track that sampled sly and the family stone on his fishscale album and he couldn't use it but two years later rza uses the same sample but because he featured there vocals on the record on the afro samurai he got to use it