PDA

View Full Version : Damu the Fudgemunk

JASPER BEARDLY
12-11-2011, 04:36 AM
I got put onto him somewhat recently, he's pretty ill with the beats. I'm listening to Spare Time right now. For a beat tape he put on the internet for free, a random collection of joints, its impressive. It's also 6 years old so I look forward to delving into his newer work.

I heard "How it should sound" is his best work, but I'm trying to go in order.

Any recommendations?

JASPER BEARDLY
12-11-2011, 04:37 AM
i also heard he likes to go to parks int he city and bring his mpc and let people freestyle over his beats, which is pretty fuckin ill. theres some vids on youtube

Taskmaster2112
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
I haven't seen those videos of Damu in the park, but I'll definitely check them out.

In terms of his discography, I've heard most of it, and everything I've heard has been dope, so I'd recommend just doing his whole discography in order like you planned.

Also, check out these videos. They're awesome.

5RVgn_Zf6yA

DW_zifBttXI

JASPER BEARDLY
12-11-2011, 11:53 AM
good looks

Taskmaster2112
12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Oh also check out his group Y Society. I think they've only got one album but it's really good.

And I think he's producing on Grap Luva's new EP that's either about to come out or just came out.

CEITEDMOFO
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
U WOULD LIKE FUDGEPACKERs

fatboybrandon
12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
i also heard he likes to go to parks int he city and bring his mpc and let people freestyle over his beats, which is pretty fuckin ill. theres some vids on youtube
dbQG8HeqvQU

Check this one out: playing beats live for 3 MCs and a crowd in front of Turntable Lab in the East Village NYC.

I've heard some people online speak negative about him not taking him seriously because of the sound of his name. He's got dope music & mainly takes his influence from 90's Pete Rock sound.

THE MASON
12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
Damu is the shit, been upon dude for a minute. i think all his stuff i worth cehcking out

like brandon said he got that 90s Pete Rock vibe. in fact i think i heard him refered to as Soul Brother #3 lol

claaa7
12-14-2011, 04:30 AM
check out this Damu remix of a song by a duo called The Union that features Talib Kweli on vocals. i just found out but shit is fucking slamming..

TIME LEAK @ Soundcloud (http://soundcloud.com/redef/the-union-ft-talib-kweli-time)

Damu is really dope, "How it Should Sound" is crazy and he got lots of ill 7" singles and such. the only one I have is a 7" that features the songs "When the Winter Comes" and "Truly Get Yours" and i absolutely love those. i agree with his name though - he should change it to just DAMU

JASPER BEARDLY
12-14-2011, 09:44 AM
ahaha his name grew on me it caused me not to check for him initially though

edit

good looks on the track though i like it a lot

JASPER BEARDLY
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2011/11/05/the-union-time-leak-f-talib-kweli-sly-johnson-damu-the-fudgemunk-rmx/ link if anyone wants it

laolu
02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
I did not realize...

_Hu3sYoLGas

BIG D O
02-25-2013, 11:51 AM
yeah, i been sayin that Damu is insane with it...

nicest out on the beats IMO and what's nuts about that is that he only uses the MPC 2000 ---that MPC is the one that doesn't even have an auto chop feature..

he's just insane with the loop diggin'.. very jazzy sound with a lot of great drums.. GREAT drums.. really want a compilation style LP from him...