PDA

View Full Version : Medical Marijuana = Safer driving?

food for thought
12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
It Turns Out That Smoking Marijuana May Actually Make You A Safer Driver
Travis Okulski | Dec. 19, 2011, 10:55 AM | 21,372 | 33
A A A

inShare

Image: N.ico via Flickr

An amazing study authored by professors D. Mark Anderson (University of Montana) and Daniel Rees (University of Colorado) shows that traffic deaths have been reduced in states where medical marijuana is legalized.
According to their findings, the use of medical marijuana has caused traffic related fatalities to fall by nearly nine percent in states that have legalized medical marijuana (via The Truth About Cars).

The study notes that this is equal to the effect raising the drinking age to 21 had on reducing traffic fatalities.

One key factor is the reduction in alcohol consumption. The study finds that there is a direct correlation between the use of marijuana and a reduction in beer sales, especially in the younger folks aged 20-29.
A drop in beer sales supports the theory that marijuana can act as a substitute for liquor.

The study also finds that marijuana has the inverse effect that alcohol does on drivers. Drivers under the influence of alcohol tend to make rash decisions and risky moves, whereas those under the influence of marijuana tend to slow down, make safer choices, and increase following distances.

http://www.businessinsider.com/it-turns-out-that-smoking-marijuana-may-actually-make-you-a-better-driver-2011-12#ixzz1hHjrtguA

SKAMPOE
12-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Right on

food for thought
12-22-2011, 11:50 AM
whereas those under the influence of marijuana tend to slow down, make safer choices, and increase following distances.

thats what i do when im hotboxing my cadillac on the highway with a blunt of high grade colorado medicinals

Wh0am3ye?
12-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Now I'm laughin at those pigs who said one blunt equivalent to two forties....

EAGLE EYE
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM
how about safer flying during recon missions?

zbnDr_IbdIU

JASPER
12-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Correlation doesn't equal causation.

I do support full legalization of marijuana, but weed does not make someone a safer driver than a sober driver. It simply makes them less a bad driver than a drunk driver.

check two
12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Maybe that would help art and other stupid people from text messaging/talking on the phone, and using their feet to steer the wheel

food for thought
12-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Correlation doesn't equal causation.

I do support full legalization of marijuana, but weed does not make someone a safer driver than a sober driver. It simply makes them less a bad driver than a drunk driver.

^i believe theres a logical fallacy here bro

JASPER
12-23-2011, 09:49 AM
^i believe theres a logical fallacy here bro
You're nitpicking broski. But ok, if you want to be a faggit about it, let me rephrase that.

Correlation doesn't ALWAYS equal causation.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/robochrist/b614572a.jpg

food for thought
12-23-2011, 11:05 AM
lol faggit response.

JASPER
12-23-2011, 11:15 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/a984a2d9.jpg

food for thought
12-23-2011, 11:19 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/386737_2881067747885_1295808520_33170706_122336917 3_n.jpg

JASPER
12-23-2011, 11:21 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/robochrist1/49cbe578.jpg

food for thought
12-23-2011, 11:29 AM
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/files/2008/12/obama-and-muslim-women1.jpg

drippie k
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
i tend to be more aware and careful while driving high than i do when i'm sober..otherwise, i'm really impatient while driving and get a lot of road rage..when im high, musics on, i'm relaxed, patient and looking at everything around me

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 03:41 PM
thats what i do when im hotboxing my cadillac on the highway with a blunt of high grade colorado medicinals

when i used to drive, i drove atleast 10 miles above the speed limit., i guess hence thats why i got banned and whatnot.. but anyway

im safe at high speeds!

i cant explain it.. i just get forknowledge of when to slow down or when shit looks dodgey... but to me.. cannabis makes me concentrate more so when i mdriving im always looking everywhere especially way off into the distance..

nice thread:D

Peace Food.

food for thought
05-17-2012, 07:56 AM
when i used to drive, i drove atleast 10 miles above the speed limit., i guess hence thats why i got banned and whatnot.. but anyway

im safe at high speeds!

i cant explain it.. i just get forknowledge of when to slow down or when shit looks dodgey... but to me.. cannabis makes me concentrate more so when i mdriving im always looking everywhere especially way off into the distance..

nice thread:D

Peace Food.

I only got a speeding ticket once. it was pretty recent and the funny this about it is I was on the highway and i had a rolled up blunt sitting in the ashtray that i was about to spark up LOL

luckily i hadnt sparked it yet when the pig pulled me over

Peace soul contoller, my nigga

oh yea and this, from yesterday

‘D-U-High’ bill fails in Colorado state Senate

The Colorado state Senate rejected a bill Tuesday that would have created a blood alcohol limit for marijuana use for drivers. The so-called “D-U-High” bill, which would have banned drivers with more than 5 nanograms of THC per milliliter of blood, failed to break a tie of 17-17 in the Senate’s special session, according to the Associated Press.

The bill (PDF), which aims to put the same standards in place for marijuana users that are already in place for alcohol users, passed the Colorado House late Monday, but failed to make it through the Senate. The bill was also introduced and failed by a single vote during Colorado’s regular legislative session.

Opponents of the bill doubted the its efficacy. “I don’t think it’ll make our roads any safer,” argued Democratic Sen. Pat Steadman to the AP.

According to Colorado’s 9 News, one state senator who was absent during the vote Tuesday, Sen. Nancy Spence, voted for the bill during the regular session.

Soul Controller
05-18-2012, 07:11 AM
lol D-U-HIGH bill ;/

theirs been plenty of these studies recently,
not suprising they dont look at the facts that are brought up.

everything they enforce is built on some illusionery fear of nothing ;/

Peace Food!

Doomsday/2078
05-18-2012, 07:22 AM
This is what happens when you let Scottish people make "music".

uThIjn4vhHU

Soul Controller
05-18-2012, 07:28 AM
fuck is that???

i could make that on my casio keyboard when i was 12

and he calls himself a producer?? lol

Doomsday/2078
05-18-2012, 07:33 AM
He had the nerve to come in my thread and diss my music and then posted that shit ^
I nearly had a heart attack it was so wack .

What a bellend!

Soul Controller
05-18-2012, 07:43 AM
its like some recycled/thrown away depeche mode shit