PDA

View Full Version : According to the Bible, Does God Have A Face ?

LORD NOSE
12-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Genesis 32:30
So Jacob called the place Peniel, saying, “It is because I saw God face to face, and yet my life was spared.”
Genesis 32:29-31 (in Context) Genesis 32 (Whole Chapter)

Exodus 3:6
Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
Exodus 3:5-7 (in Context) Exodus 3 (Whole Chapter)

Exodus 33:11
The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.
Exodus 33:10-12 (in Context) Exodus 33 (Whole Chapter)

more soon come ......

LORD NOSE
12-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Exodus 33:16
How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”
Exodus 33:15-17 (in Context) Exodus 33 (Whole Chapter)

Numbers 12:8
With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”
Numbers 12:7-9 (in Context) Numbers 12 (Whole Chapter)

Numbers 14:14
And they will tell the inhabitants of this land about it. They have already heard that you, LORD, are with these people and that you, LORD, have been seen face to face, that your cloud stays over them, and that you go before them in a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night.
Numbers 14:13-15 (in Context) Numbers 14 (Whole Chapter)

V4D3R
12-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Look in the mirror

LORD NOSE
12-25-2011, 12:49 AM
The Creation is Also My Mirror

Deuteronomy 5:4
The LORD spoke to you face to face out of the fire on the mountain.
Deuteronomy 5:3-5 (in Context) Deuteronomy 5 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 6:15
for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.
Deuteronomy 6:14-16 (in Context) Deuteronomy 6 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 7:6
For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.
Deuteronomy 7:5-7 (in Context) Deuteronomy 7 (Whole Chapter)

LORD NOSE
12-25-2011, 12:51 AM
Deuteronomy 7:10
But those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction; he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.
Deuteronomy 7:9-11 (in Context) Deuteronomy 7 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 14:2
for you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Out of all the peoples on the face of the earth, the LORD has chosen you to be his treasured possession.
Deuteronomy 14:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 14 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 31:17
And in that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and calamities will come on them, and in that day they will ask, ‘Have not these disasters come on us because our God is not with us?’
Deuteronomy 31:16-18 (in Context) Deuteronomy 31 (Whole Chapter)

LORD NOSE
12-25-2011, 12:52 AM
Deuteronomy 32:20
“I will hide my face from them,” he said, “and see what their end will be; for they are a perverse generation, children who are unfaithful.
Deuteronomy 32:19-21 (in Context) Deuteronomy 32 (Whole Chapter)

Deuteronomy 34:10
Since then, no prophet has risen in Israel like Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,
Deuteronomy 34:9-11 (in Context) Deuteronomy 34 (Whole Chapter)

Angels have Faces Too ?

Judges 6:22
When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the LORD, he exclaimed, “Alas, Sovereign LORD! I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face!”
Judges 6:21-23 (in Context) Judges 6 (Whole Chapter)

2 Samuel 21:1
[ The Gibeonites Avenged ] During the reign of David, there was a famine for three successive years; so David sought the face of the LORD. The LORD said, “It is on account of Saul and his blood-stained house; it is because he put the Gibeonites to death.”
2 Samuel 21:1-3 (in Context) 2 Samuel 21 (Whole Chapter)

More Soon Come

Fatal Guillotine
12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
2 fingers up (peace) sunny are you only dealing with the face or other parts that make up God

reminds me of that z york book, good drop

LORD NOSE
12-25-2011, 03:14 PM
2 fingers up (peace) sunny are you only dealing with the face or other parts that make up God

reminds me of that z york book, good drop

why are you so angry ?

Love is a demonstration -

the sun cannot shine on someone who is constantly running to shaded areas - a broken wine skin cannot maintain new wine - you give people God power and they don't use it to heal themselves, they use it to paint over the cracks in their face - and it's so cracked that the paint falls far down into the cracks - so they are constantly painting to further hide from that mirror -

it's reaping time and some flowers got choked out so much and are so entangled amongst the weeds that they'll get plucked, and thrown in the fire with the weeds

so many people FEEL saved - and it's sad

LORD NOSE
12-25-2011, 03:17 PM
‎1 Chronicles 16:11
Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
1 Chronicles 16:10-12 (in Context) 1 Chronicles 16 (Whole Chapter)

Job 33:26
then that person can pray to God and find favor with him, they will see God’s face and shout for joy; he will restore them to full well-being.
Job 33:25-27 (in Context) Job 33 (Whole Chapter)

Job 34:29
But if he remains silent, who can condemn him? If he hides his face, who can see him? Yet he is over individual and nation alike,
Job 34:28-30 (in Context) Job 34 (Whole Chapter)

Psalm 4:6
Many, LORD, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?” Let the light of your face shine on us.
Psalm 4:5-7 (in Context) Psalm 4 (Whole Chapter)

Fatal Guillotine
12-25-2011, 04:07 PM
why are you so angry ?

Love is a demonstration -

the sun cannot shine on someone who is constantly running to shaded areas - a broken wine skin cannot maintain new wine - you give people God power and they don't use it to heal themselves, they use it to paint over the cracks in their face - and it's so cracked that the paint falls far down into the cracks - so they are constantly painting to further hide from that mirror -

it's reaping time and some flowers got choked out so much and are so entangled amongst the weeds that they'll get plucked, and thrown in the fire with the weeds

so many people FEEL saved - and it's sad

im not angry