PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys>>>Eric B & Rakim, according to Hall of Fame

theheavens
12-29-2011, 12:35 AM
not many people take the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that seriously recently, but it's still somewhat of a big deal, and they had a chance to vindicate themselves by adding Rakim but ruined it. I guess it's cool they added at least ONE hip-hop artist, but beastie boys over the gods?? I don't think so. the dude at Complex writes about his disappointment...

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/12/who-killed-it-eric-b-rakim-and-the-hall-of-fame-fail

also, LL Cool J and and Afrika Bambaataa were nominated before too, but didn't get in.

netscape check two
12-29-2011, 12:49 AM
Your opinion doesn't matter though cause you're a racist who hates himself. You probably think The St. Lunatics are better than the Beastie Boys.

food for thought
12-29-2011, 01:02 AM
Your opinion doesn't matter though cause you're a racist who hates himself. You probably think The St. Lunatics are better than the Beastie Boys.

ahahahaha

http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/images/ether.jpg

theheavens
12-29-2011, 01:16 AM

my favorite stalker strikes again. suck my foreskin already

food for thought
12-29-2011, 01:55 AM
are you denying that you hate yourself?

theheavens
12-29-2011, 02:01 AM
only if you consider boby fischer and vinnie paz self-hating

EAGLE EYE
12-29-2011, 01:25 PM
I like the Beasties, but didnt they debut on madonna's tour back in the day? And record execs thought they were a gimmick?

muscularghandi
12-29-2011, 03:53 PM
The Beastie Boys are more important to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... it's that simple. Beasties were a hardcore band before becoming a hip-hop group, they have heavy guitar in their beats/samples, Eric B & Rakim have no place in THAT hall of fame.

theheavens
12-29-2011, 04:05 PM
the title "Rock and Roll" is bogus, since jazz and blues artists are on there. Eric b and Rakim are more influential within the hip-hop world, but the Hall of Fame is in OHIO, so...yeah...the children of the corn people are voting who gets in!

main_man
12-29-2011, 04:20 PM
fuck 'em.

thats why we need to make a hip hop hall of fame, so the true pioneers can get the props they deserve.

not to take anything away from the beasties, cause they have classic material and changed the game. but eric b & rakim changed shit in a major way.

the beasties flesh tone was right for these crackers who run that shit. they were probably like,
"who the hell are these eric b and raheem negros?? i have never heard of these guys in my life. why on god's green earth would i vote to put them in the rock & roll hall of fame? how did they get on this ballot? were they in the band living colour?"

ShaDynasty
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
as far as music quality, they're evenly matched. but clearly rakim makes the beasties look like a bunch of retards that can't rap, and also influenced probably everyone in the genre where the beasties well, didn't.

but maybe they just couldn't justify putting eric b in there lol. like what did he do? carry rakims bags or something?

RynMur
12-29-2011, 05:53 PM
The Beastie Boys are more important to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame... it's that simple. Beasties were a hardcore band before becoming a hip-hop group, they have heavy guitar in their beats/samples, Eric B & Rakim have no place in THAT hall of fame.

c/s

Twiztid-Wutang
12-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, since Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and the holy trinity of Rock, Rush, aren't in, I can give a f**k if ANY rapper is added.

theheavens
12-30-2011, 01:42 AM
to be fair, the fact that Eric b & Rakim even got nominated is an honor, but with Ohio potato-corn eaters on the jury, it's no surprise they didn't get in. there's always next year. you can get on the ballot again and again.

next year Public Enemy is eligible and they're supposedly a shoo-in for the induction. gotta wait 25 years to be eligible. wu tang should be eligible in....2017 if you start from their first single in 1992.

skeem
12-30-2011, 09:36 AM
if we talking about hip-hop Eric B & Rakim are more important, but if we talking about music in general The Beastie Boys are way more important, The Beasties had made a huge impact in music with their punk, jazz, hard-core, reggae, electronic music and hip-hop, its undeniable.

THE MASON
12-30-2011, 11:46 AM
look at all you pussies who expose themselves daily

actin like the Beastie Boys dont deserve there props.

while the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is about as important as Rolling Stone magazine is nowadays, i still respect the work the Beastie Boys have put into the game

food for thought
12-30-2011, 12:20 PM
if we talking about hip-hop Eric B & Rakim are more important, but if we talking about music in general The Beastie Boys are way more important, The Beasties had made a huge impact in music with their punk, jazz, hard-core, reggae, electronic music and hip-hop, its undeniable.

lmao reggae?

the fuck do beatie boys have to do with reggae? never heard anything remotely resembling reggae from these cats

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
12-30-2011, 12:23 PM
The Beastie Boys made a song with Buju Banton and Lady Ga Ga called "Ganja is good for you". So they have influenced a lot of reggae artists such as Justin Bieber, Jersey Joe from the Bronx and Chitown Rob from East L.A. in St. Louis Milwaukee.

whitey
12-30-2011, 01:50 PM
lmao reggae?

the fuck do beatie boys have to do with reggae? never heard anything remotely resembling reggae from these cats

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Lee-PhD-Explicit/dp/B000TDSOA6 couldn't find it on youtube.

CdnYzIxQUWE

skeem
12-31-2011, 10:56 AM
lmao reggae?

well for me they are like a blend of all those styles.

Socrates92
01-04-2012, 03:18 PM
but maybe they just couldn't justify putting eric b in there lol. like what did he do? carry rakims bags or something?

Word is bond, I've seen interviews stating that Eric B didn't do much on the production side and others had to get involved to help out.

Crown Fried Patron
01-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Jews always got each other's backs though.

theheavens
01-04-2012, 11:45 PM
Word is bond, I've seen interviews stating that Eric B didn't do much on the production side and others had to get involved to help out.

who the hell produced their albums? I've heard marley marl's name come up a lot

Socrates92
01-05-2012, 12:01 AM
who the hell produced their albums? I've heard marley marl's name come up a lot

Taken from: http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/24533121

1. "Eric. B beat down Large Professor and ran Kool G. Rap out of New York to Arizona after 'G. Rap revealed Large Pro produced most of the beats Eric B was supposed to have done on the Eric B. & Rakim albums and "wanted dead or alive""

2. "All of the DJ work on Paid In Full that was NOT done by Marley Marl was done by Rakim, not Eric B.

If I remember right didn't Rakim and Large Professor do the Don't Sweat the Technique album? With little or no input from Eric B.
Eric B didn't do a damn thing for the Eric B & Rakim albums. **** A Right!

This one has been making the rounds for years, and with good reason: It's totally true. "But wait," you say. "What about all those credits on the albums that say 'Produced by Eric B & Rakim?'" Ah, you're a sweet kid, but don't be so **** naive. The discrepancy between who got credit for what on an album versus who actually did what is huge. It was even bigger in the '80s, because hip-hop wasn't big business then. So let's break this down. First of all, Eric's classic vanity cut in which Rakim nominated him for president? Marley Marl did those scratches. And most of the rest of the scratches performed on Eric B & Rakim albums were performed by none other than the God himself, Rakim. So Eric B wasn't the scratcher. But surely he made beats, right? Not so fast. Rakim did most of the production work, plus, as your ears may have already informed you, he got massive (and uncredited) assists from 45 King (Follow the Leader) and Large Professor and the late great Paul C (Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em). So he didn't do cuts, he didn't do beats, what did he do? Well, he was indisputably the tour/performance DJ. But mostly, he was a guy with a lot of street cred and a lot of money for studio time. Artistically, his input was nil. Check his solo album if you don't believe us."

Obviously not a reliable source but an interesting read nonetheless.

Crown Fried Patron
01-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I saw Rakim in Central Park and he got on the turntables for a bit. DJ Scratch was there and he said that Ra did the scratching on Paid In Full.

Twiztid-Wutang
01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
fuck 'em.

thats why we need to make a hip hop hall of fame, so the true pioneers can get the props they deserve.

not to take anything away from the beasties, cause they have classic material and changed the game. but eric b & rakim changed shit in a major way.

the beasties flesh tone was right for these crackers who run that shit. they were probably like,
"who the hell are these eric b and raheem negros?? i have never heard of these guys in my life. why on god's green earth would i vote to put them in the rock & roll hall of fame? how did they get on this ballot? were they in the band living colour?"

YES. I agree. Give them a Hip Hop hall of fame. And leave the Rock hall to...dare I say it..ROCK ARTISTS

theheavens
01-05-2012, 02:01 PM
NME --britain's best-selling music newspaper -- called wu tang the most rock & roll group of the last 10 years, along with many other honors, in this awesome yet ass-kissing article:

http://www.nme.com/reviews/wu-tang-clan/7569

plus they already inducted Run-DMC and and shit on the hall of fame, so they might as well continue adding rap artists. not to mention they got jazz and blues musicians on there too

GhettoGnom
01-07-2012, 06:49 AM
I agree that Rakim (with or without Eric B) should be in this. Yes, Beastie Boys had impact on a broader audience, but no one can tell me Rakim haven't influenced other genres as well. You can buy a fucking Avril Lavigne album nowadays and hear the type of rhyme schemes no one did before Ra. Hip Hop have made the multi-syllable rhyme into a new standard, and though he didn't invent it, his contributions to pushing new rhyme styles to the masses can't be forgotten.

With THAT said, I don't see why Beastie Boys being included should have anything to do with Eric B & Rakim. Beastie Boys is a given.

OntheHorizon
01-07-2012, 09:18 AM
The Beastie Boys impacted Music as whole, Eric B & Rakim Impacted Hip Hop and nothing more

If you cant see why the Beasties would get in before them, Your a Fuckin Idiot