PDA

View Full Version : I Saw A Tribe Called Quest Documentary

CharlesJones
12-31-2011, 10:05 AM
I watched it last weekend and it was pretty good. Props to Michael Rappaport for doing this. I got to see about Phife's health problem which is diabetes. He said he has a weakness for sugar like candy, cereal, soda. He said he had diabetes in 1992 and QTip, Jarobi, Ali Shaheed Muhammad didn't know it. They showed a old clip of Tribe performing on Dennis Miller talk show and Phife didn't make it because he got sick. Phife also talked about his problems with QTip when Beats Rhymes And Life album came out. He said they were having differences because QTip was trying to be in control. He compared Tribe to The Supremes group saying that QTip was Diana Ross, Phife was Florence Ballard and Ali was Mary Wilson LOL. I think QTip had a problem with Phife moving to Atlanta when they were working on Beats Rhymes And Life album and that's what started the conflict between them. Phife also said The Love Movement album should've been called The Last Movement because of the group having conflict LOL. They were also having problems with their record label Jive which ya'll probably already knew. Phife's wife is kinda cute. I see Jerobi is a food chef because he likes to cook. It was kinda sad to see Jerobi crying when he talked about Phife having diabetes because he said him and Phife are close. I saw Monie Love talking about the group and she still looks good. I like her London accent and i didn't know she was from London until i read her biography. I love her Full Time Love song on A Class Act soundtrack.

OPTIMUS
01-01-2012, 01:06 AM
welcome to 9+months ago

main_man
01-01-2012, 05:22 PM
the overall information i got from that flick was-

ali is the true backbone of that group.

& those niggas hate each other. lol