PDA

View Full Version : What Was Wrong With Predator 2?

TAURO
01-11-2012, 06:43 PM
I hear a lot of people generally shit on this movie and while im not blind to it's flaws, it's nowhere near the shitfest peole make it out to be.

Yes, it's not as good as the first movie.

Yes it is full of racial stereotypes (which as a colombian I always found the opening action scene to be hilarious in it's ott colombian portrayals)

It probably shouldn't have been set in the "future" (of 1997) because it still looks like the early ninties and only serves to date the film.

Otherwise I thought it was a different, highly entertaining Predator flick which actually helped to add to the mythology. Plus it made Danny Glover even more of a bad ass than he already was.

Thoughts?

01-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I liked and like this movie very much.

check two
01-11-2012, 07:49 PM
I still haven't seen the second one yet, so I'll have to check it out. Is it better than Alien vs Predator?

TAURO
01-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I still haven't seen the second one yet, so I'll have to check it out. Is it better than Alien vs Predator?

yqyixwqiCag

Log off right now, go find a copy and put that shit on. lol

tekunique
01-11-2012, 09:27 PM
u know ive always meant to check this out but never came around to.. ive heard good things about it thru the years but the main reason why it gets slammed is because of arnold's absense...

TAURO
01-11-2012, 09:42 PM
u know ive always meant to check this out but never came around to.. ive heard good things about it thru the years but the main reason why it gets slammed is because of arnold's absense...

Which has always been the most retarded reason for criticising this film, besides, Danny Glover's character was awesome. I liked the fact that he wasn't some elite soldier like Arnold but rather just a veteran cop. When he was going up against the Predator he always got through his encounters by the skin of his teeth which served as a nice contrast to Arnolds elite soldier skills.

tekunique
01-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Which has always been the most retarded reason for criticising this film, besides, Danny Glover's character was awesome. I liked the fact that he wasn't some elite soldier like Arnold but rather just a veteran cop. When he was going up against the Predator he always got through his encounters by the skin of his teeth which served as a nice contrast to Arnolds elite soldier skills.

right they took a complete different route with the sequel and many of the original's fans werent ready for it let alone casual movie goers. you made me wanna this now, on my initial list of movies to watch this wknd. lol

TAURO
01-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Not to sound like a douche but im amazed that some people here still haven't seen this flick, I only say that because Predator 2 has always been one of those movies that's nearly always being shown on tv, whether it's here in the uk or when im in colombia or the US visiting fam, im always catching it on tv, in fact i've probably seen this movie just as much in spanish as I have in english lol

Nowaer
01-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Predator 2:In Da Hoods would of been a greater title but its good stuff. Shit, I need to re-watch soon.

THE MASON
01-11-2012, 11:07 PM
ive wonder this myself

i enjoy the film for what it is, people just held expectations and it didnt meet them but thats how it goes.

i personally think it fits well within the Predator storyline and gives a little bit of background info

and as noted, raises the level of bad assery of Danny Glover

J-Cee
01-11-2012, 11:56 PM
i think its a good film,i wasnt dissapointed at all and yeh danny glover was badass innit.

Sky Blue Bally Kid
01-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Predator 2 was ill imo...

http://chzfandom.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/fanart-cosplay-real-avp.jpg

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
01-12-2012, 02:47 PM
What the hell is Predator 2? I never seen Predator 1 or 3 let alone part 2 of this shit. You fuckers have no life if you watch boring ass movies.

main_man
01-13-2012, 12:02 AM
godfatha just says these hurtful things to be thought of as cool.

and the white kids do think hes cool. they LOVE him.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxNbsuAwWfWizDQLnmrRUX_NzHLQ8F1 snXVJP5bG15mxvGeHSn

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEEJKB8ldRyAkFD-Xt96K_JgcDF-mc1wazMYfTFPuW7zLM7AxKIQ