PDA

View Full Version : do you believe in Jesus?

Sar Shalom
01-12-2012, 01:45 AM
if you do, why? and if you dont why dont ya

7'smatrix
01-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Actually, do you believe in Jesus?
If so, why?

Peace.

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
01-12-2012, 11:49 AM
You goddamn right I believe in that coon named Jesus. You got a problem with Jesus or something son?

Living-jism
01-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Whats dere not to believe?

Sar Shalom
01-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Actually, do you believe in Jesus?
If so, why?

Peace.

I believe he did indeed exist, but there is also a part of me that I think he didn't. man i'm just confused

You goddamn right I believe in that coon named Jesus. You got a problem with Jesus or something son?

whats gucci?

Whats dere not to believe?

i dont take the bible literally but can a man really walk on water, change it to wine?

BrokenWrists
01-13-2012, 02:32 AM
Yes. I do because i am a conformed Lutheran Christian and grew up going church.

Living-jism
01-13-2012, 05:33 AM
i dont take the bible literally but can a man really walk on water, change it to wine?
From reading Buddhism stories, I get the idea that super natural powers are nothing special and is a part of the "mundane world". Also going to Heaven is still a limited experience within the cycle of rebirth. so if Jesus literally committed supernatural feats and the methods prescribed by him will only go so far. You still will not escape Karma and future rebirth.

Supernatrual powers are used ignorant beings to show off, or used by compassionate beings to liberate other people. It's just a tool, for getting people's attention.

IrOnMaN
01-13-2012, 01:59 PM
From reading Buddhism stories, I get the idea that super natural powers are nothing special and is a part of the "mundane world". Also going to Heaven is still a limited experience within the cycle of rebirth. so if Jesus literally committed supernatural feats and the methods prescribed by him will only go so far. You still will not escape Karma and future rebirth.

Supernatrual powers are used ignorant beings to show off, or used by compassionate beings to liberate other people. It's just a tool, for getting people's attention.

I disagree. People are forgetting that Jesus was not human. Secondly, the guy took a beating that would kill a normal person. Also, he was resurrected from the dead. No human on this planet can do that. Think about it.

diggy
01-13-2012, 11:30 PM
People are forgetting that Jesus was not human

What was he?

EAGLE EYE
01-14-2012, 02:04 AM
a bottle of Dr. Pepper

Mumm Ra
01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
no i dont believe in jesus. why?
a) because ive yet to find or be presented with a legitimate reason to
b) i learned in grade school to to view fairy tales metaphorically and not literally

7'smatrix
01-14-2012, 11:32 AM
I disagree. People are forgetting that Jesus was not human. Secondly, the guy took a beating that would kill a normal person. Also, he was resurrected from the dead. No human on this planet can do that. Think about it.

You've got to be kidding, right? I mean seriously, people in this place still think like this (caveman)?

What was Jesus, if he wasn't human?
Do you have proof of an actual beating?
What defines a normal person?
Resurrected from an actual physical death? Proof?

You're right about one thing, depends though, humans cannot resurrect from a physical death.

Please explain!

Peace.

7'smatrix
01-14-2012, 11:36 AM
My question would be, why waste time thinking about someone who may have or may not have lived some 200x years ago? It's a complete waste of your time and energy. Put that energy (of researching) into something that is current, maybe found out where you come from, and your history... That alone I say, would cause enough wrinkles in your brain to make think for days, and ask reasonable questions. The Jesus notion is not reasonable, it is full of OPINIONS, based on how people feel.

Peace.

WARPATH
01-14-2012, 04:50 PM
if you do, why? and if you dont why dont ya

Do you ask a child why he believes in Santa when he wakes up with a ton of toys in the morning?

What if the child never receives any presents under his tree on Christmas? What kind of response would you expect then?

Fatal Guillotine
01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
I believe he did indeed exist, but there is also a part of me that I think he didn't. man i'm just confused

whats gucci?

metaphors same with the term resurrection

btw Jesus wasn't the only person who was "resurrected" so was Lazarus.

its also stated that jesus voice was like that of many waters

pro.Graveface
01-15-2012, 04:21 PM
i tink this has to do with conscioussness, love equality, believe systemz ect,
I personally tink that Jezus came from the line of Buddha, there are many Buddah.
PEACE

EAGLE EYE
01-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Do you ask a child why he believes in Santa when he wakes up with a ton of toys in the morning?

What if the child never receives any presents under his tree on Christmas? What kind of response would you expect then?

Rep

Living-jism
01-15-2012, 06:22 PM
i tink this has to do with conscioussness, love equality, believe systemz ect,
I personally tink that Jezus came from the line of Buddha, there are many Buddah.
PEACE
A Bodhisattva or a sage at least.

There's youtube stuff about him being trained in India beforehand and then later escaped and lived near Pakistan.

Pretty plausible stuff to me.

THE DHARMA IS WITHOUT LIMIT!

Mumm Ra
01-16-2012, 01:27 AM
if jesus was actually a real person I can't imagine he would give a rats ass whether or not his existence was recognized as long as his teachings got across

pro.Graveface
01-16-2012, 04:52 AM
i tink its all about passing on light that shinez on wateva u interested in, teachingz indeed,
peace