PDA

View Full Version : GANGRENE album has leaked...

Pattch82
01-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Two words to describe this shit..... HOLY FUCK!!!!

Peace!

CEITEDMOFO
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
CHECKING IT NoW
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/gallery/yes/stanley2.gif

Pattch82
01-20-2012, 02:13 PM
This album is seriously bangin!! I need production credits for this. Guess I'll have to wait till my pre-order arrives!

Peace!

CEITEDMOFO
01-20-2012, 06:15 PM
PRODUCTION CREDITs? U SERIOUS

ITS ALCHEMIST & OH NO
U DUMB FUCK

food for thought
01-20-2012, 06:56 PM
^lol

most retarded album title ever. and the title track was even worse.

vodka has no business being mixed iwth ayahuasca.

and mixing the shit causes death on the smallest doses.

I still cant believe they called the album that lmao fucking retards have no clue i bet

V1LLAIN
01-20-2012, 07:21 PM
Banger from front to back, an album you can play from start to finish.

ShaDynasty
01-20-2012, 08:45 PM
sounds tight so far. food is a ho.

heat stop using that lame stanley gif, shits played like zodiac signs on sweatshirts, and other things of that nature.

CEITEDMOFO
01-20-2012, 09:07 PM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh305/TrinyPenny15/GIFs/Stanley.gif

THUGNIFICENT
01-20-2012, 10:26 PM
this shit is dope. neither alc or oh no is a beast on the mic, but they're both average to above-average with occasionally dope bars (that being said, roc marciano has a kind of similar style and he sons them both on "drink it up"). the beats are all fire, the guest spots are well-placed, and there's a continuity to it as a whole that's always the sign of a solid project. i'll definitely be bumping this steadily for some time to come.

theheavens
01-21-2012, 02:28 AM
when he's done working with mediocrity, Alchemist can finally hook up with Kool G Rap and Action Bronson and work on those records

Pattch82
01-21-2012, 03:14 AM
PRODUCTION CREDITs? U SERIOUS

ITS ALCHEMIST & OH NO
U DUMB FUCK

Thanks for that!! Obviously I know its ALC and Oh No... I wanna know which beats are ALC and which are Oh No's.

Peace!

Pattch82
01-21-2012, 01:21 PM
This is an awesomee album, not a single skip track at all, and I've been bangin' this constantly all day yesterday and today.

The beats on here are so left field you kinda can't imagine anyone other than Gangrene trying to spit over them. I like the fact that they're just doing what ever the fuck they want on the production tip.

Everything on the album flows perfectly, the guest spots are all well placed, G Rap is still a fuckin' beast! I really like the 'Dark Shades' track with Evidence and Al rhyming back and forth and Oh No and Roc C doing the same.

Peace!

Mr. R&B
01-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Shit is stupid sick.

Both ALC & Dr. NO stepped their bars up.

OH NO blacked the fuck out!

claaa7
01-24-2012, 06:01 AM
i'm really feeling this album, i has listened through it front to back now and just finished my second listen this morning. the production is crazy and the title definitely makes sense - i am well aware of what Ayahuasca is and it's not anything to use recreational but it IS a psychoactive substance that takes you places that might or might not be real.

i've mixed hard liquor and psychadelic drugs like LSD in the past and that gives you a very special, crazy rush... you're in a different dimension because of the psychadelics but at the same time you're staggering and feeling very dizzy - and that's kinda what this album sounds like. Gangrene has made really out-there trippy production their thing and that's exacly what's "Vodka & Ayahuasca" are filled with. Alchemist and Oh No have good chemistry with the beats and the rhymes and especially in the lyrical department i think this is a step-up from "Gutter Water".

i'm copping this if it drops on vinyl which i believe it will. my favorite release of their's is still the "Greneberg" EP. my only complaint about this album is that it could have used more guests on there, Kool G Rap, Roc Marcy, Evidence and Prodigy killed their cameos but i would want to hear twice as many guests on here. still that's a minor complaint, this most def lived up to all my expectations.

angry!
01-24-2012, 07:28 AM
gangrene does it again...

attention all wack producers that wanna sample prog rock to make trippy beats...

this is how its done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

always liked oh no on the mic and think ALC is better than hes given credit for... but this album is all about the mood...

kool g rap murdered shit...

prodigy spits the hottest verse on the album... in fact, i dont know that ive heard p body shit like that since murda muzik... thats what he needs to bring moving forward, hell make the prodigy fell off wagon look silly... he also needs to get at OH NO for beats...

best joints:
- gladiator music
- auralac bags
- dump truck
- due work
- odds cracked
- top instructors (hottest beat on the album IMO)

2 for 2 these guys put out hot LPs and make it look easy...

needa 3rd sometme soon...

gangrene + sid roams = hottest production teams out

Pattch82
01-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Has anyone found the production credits for this yet...? I wanna know which beats are ALC's and which ones are Oh No's. You can usually figure out which ones are ALC tracks, but Oh No is so left field, he can make a beat out of anything so it's kinda hard to tell which ones could be his.

I heard the 'Dr. No' voice tag on a couple of tracks which Oh No has started using on his beats since 'Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang' so people can tell when it's an Oh No beat even if the production credits get fucked up.

I'm pretty sure 'Gladiator Music' is an Oh No beat and we know that the title is track is Oh No too.

Peace!

Meta4
01-24-2012, 08:56 AM
Here's the credits straight from the booklet/poster

Intro (The Mixings) - Oh No
Gladiator Music ft. Kool G Rap - Oh No
Flamethrowers - Oh No
Drink Up ft. Roc Marciano - ALC
Auralac Bags - Oh No
Vodka & Ayahuasca - Oh No
Dump Truck ft. Prodigy - ALC
Due Work - ALC
Odds Cracked - Oh No
Top Instructors - Oh No
Dark Shades ft. Evidence and Roc C - ALC
The Groove - Oh No
Livers For Sale - ALC
Outro (The Downsides) - Oh No

I haven't put it in yet but I figure the Intro/Outro are more or less skits so the production credits for songs are 60/40. I'd personally prefer 1-2 more ALC bangers but I'm sure I'll bite my tounge once I spin it plus ALC been BUSY recently too with these Action and KGR collabo albums in the pipeline.

Pattch82
01-24-2012, 09:04 AM
I'll edit this post w/ prod. credits when I pick it up later today.

Props for that fam.

I pre-ordered mine but it hasnt fuckin' arrived today!!

Peace!

Jin10304
01-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Odds Cracked sounds like an Alchemist beat, my favorite so far

main_man
01-24-2012, 01:54 PM
this is the first banger i've heard in 2012.

album is dope.
people dissing them as mcs dont realize that most mcs wouldnt touch these left field beats. they had to rip this shit themselves. lol

short & to the point.
g rap murders his verse. beat on that one is nasty too.

oh no and alc hold their own on the mic.
i was the first to say alchemist should stay behind the boards.
and while he's not quite there yet, the lil cracker is gettin better on the mic, no doubt.

some good hip hop goin on right here.

Meta4
01-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I've never had a problem with ALC rhymin. He got a flow, decent lyrics and you can hear his passion for the craft. Not prolific but not a problem either, I enjoy it.

JASPER BEARDLY
01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
this is the first banger i've heard in 2012.

album is dope.
people dissing them as mcs dont realize that most mcs wouldnt touch these left field beats. they had to rip this shit themselves. lol

short & to the point.
g rap murders his verse. beat on that one is nasty too.

oh no and alc hold their own on the mic.
i was the first to say alchemist should stay behind the boards.
and while he's not quite there yet, the lil cracker is gettin better on the mic, no doubt.

some good hip hop goin on right here.

This

Alc and oh no just make hot shit

Mr. R&B
01-24-2012, 03:46 PM
This album is sequenced beautifully, something I've professed to being a fan of numerous times.

Dump Truck, Due Work, Odds Cracked & Top Instructors is one of the most insane album streches I've heard in years, that's the peak of the trip right there.

The most lax lyrical display is Livers For Sale, but it makes for a perfect closing track.

It's the come down after the high.

Phenominal album, but I expected just that.

Hopefully these guys continue to collab for years to come.

Pattch82
01-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Here's the credits straight from the booklet/poster

Intro (The Mixings) - Oh No
Gladiator Music ft. Kool G Rap - Oh No
Flamethrowers - Oh No
Drink Up ft. Roc Marciano - ALC
Auralac Bags - Oh No
Vodka & Ayahuasca - Oh No
Dump Truck ft. Prodigy - ALC
Due Work - ALC
Odds Cracked - Oh No
Top Instructors - Oh No
Dark Shades ft. Evidence and Roc C - ALC
The Groove - Oh No
Livers For Sale - ALC
Outro (The Downsides) - Oh No

I haven't put it in yet but I figure the Intro/Outro are more or less skits so the production credits for songs are 60/40. I'd personally prefer 1-2 more ALC bangers but I'm sure I'll bite my tounge once I spin it plus ALC been BUSY recently too with these Action and KGR collabo albums in the pipeline.

Mega props for those credits fam.

I'm quite surprised at how many Oh No beats are on there. But ALC had more beats on Gutter Water and Greneberg EP so its only right that Oh No gets a chance to carry the album. And he's shown that he's more than up for the task!!!

Even ALC been sayin in recent interviews that Oh No been bringin' absolute crazy bangin' beats so may be they just went with the beats that were hottest and those happened to be Oh No's joints.

Peace!

deeznutz1981
01-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I think we are all in agreement in here that this album is fuckin dope.

Meta4
01-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Just as I hoped this album is propane tank surrounded by lit dynamite! Only 1 beef with it...... Odds Cracked didnt get enough breath time. I swear a Ghostface or Jadakiss verse would fit perfect on it...

laolu
01-25-2012, 02:05 PM
Does anyone know the sample for the song 'The Groove'? The same sample is used of Kriminal Kindness by Canibus.

JASPER BEARDLY
01-25-2012, 02:16 PM
they better keep collabing, i don't see any reason why they wouldn't when alc is willing to give shitloads of beats to action bronson and currency.. no disrespect to them, just saying with the amount of work he puts in i doubt he'll stop fuckin with oh no.

i woulda liked to hear madlib on here and wildchild.

angry!
01-25-2012, 03:28 PM
dump truck >>> black cocaine EP

prodigy murdered that... vintage P science...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

"shine is forever like the stars in the sky
yeah the grand wizard of bars... there is none higher
720 degrees i burn like fire"

first shit i heard from the album and its still getting the most play...

funny story...

alc was lookin to work with madlib when he ran into oh no...

didnt really know what was up...

many blunts later gangrene is born...

oh no needs another solo jawn out there...

Pattch82
01-25-2012, 04:08 PM
dump truck >>> black cocaine EP

prodigy murdered that... vintage P science...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

"shine is forever like the stars in the sky
yeah the grand wizard of bars... there is none higher
720 degrees i burn like fire"

first shit i heard from the album and its still getting the most play...

funny story...

alc was lookin to work with madlib when he ran into oh no...

didnt really know what was up...

many blunts later gangrene is born...

oh no needs another solo jawn out there...

Yeah I heard that story too... I don't think it would have worked out nearly as dope if ALC hooked up with Madlib. ALC and Oh No got that crazy chemistry going on, and Madlib is terrible on the mic!!

But yeah, this album i fuckin' ridiculously dope! And the fact that Oh No produced the majority of it gives me high hopes for his next solo joint 'Ohnomite' which is supposedly dropping before Summer 2012.

I NEED ANOTHER GANGRENE ALBUM IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace!

the silencer
01-25-2012, 08:37 PM
shit is grime-tastic, might have to cop the physical

gerardoletal
01-26-2012, 03:55 AM
I upped Dream Nap (Itunes Bonus Track) here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?o84g4x2u8veg5ay

another alchemist banger. I'm loving all the beats on this album but Dump Truck and Gladiators. Enjoy and support this guys!

Pattch82
01-26-2012, 05:08 AM

another alchemist banger. I'm loving all the beats on this album but Dump Truck and Gladiators. Enjoy and support this guys!

DAMN!!! Props for this fam... I didnt even know there was an iTunes bonus!!!

And... Gladiator Music is probably the hardest beat on the album, cant believe you aint feeling that one fam!!

Peace!

gerardoletal
01-26-2012, 06:16 AM
DAMN!!! Props for this fam... I didnt even know there was an iTunes bonus!!!

And... Gladiator Music is probably the hardest beat on the album, cant believe you aint feeling that one fam!!

Peace!

I know., Maybe the song its too long and the beat gets boring. But I'm loving all the Alchemist beats but Dump Track. Due work, Flame Throwers, Top Instructors i'm loving those too!!

Mr. R&B
01-26-2012, 06:28 AM

Hell fuckin yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pattch82
01-26-2012, 06:35 AM
Who else is spitting on that Dream Nap track? Only listened to it once so far.

Beat is dope as fuck!!

Peace!

claaa7
01-26-2012, 06:59 AM
thanks alot for the itunes bonus, i'm uploading it on my blog with props to you of course.. i got the "Greneberg" EP on wax but yesterday i ordered both vinyl sets of "Vodka & Ayahuasca" and "Gutter Water".

me and Pattch82 are preparing a three volume Gangrene compilation series that will appear on The Lost Tapes (and here ofc) very soon so be on the lookout for that!!

gerardoletal
01-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Dream Nap Features: Oh No, Roc C, Evidence & Montage One.

Who is spitting in Livers for Sale? Is That ALC? Never heard that kind of delivery from him.

Waiting to hear that compilation Claaa!

Pattch82
01-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Dream Nap Features: Oh No, Roc C, Evidence & Montage One.

Who is spitting in Livers for Sale? Is That ALC? Never heard that kind of delivery from him.

Waiting to hear that compilation Claaa!

Props fam!

And yeah it's ALC spitting first on Livers For Sale, it caught me offguard for a bit too.

The 3 volume Gangrene compilation series is gunna be craaaaaazy, me and claaa7 gunna be hitting you up with that very soon!

Peace!

wukillabee25
01-26-2012, 08:24 AM
According to ALC on twitter, Livers for Sale was made for Jay-Z, but Jay didn't like it...

deeznutz1981
01-26-2012, 10:49 AM
thanks alot for the itunes bonus, i'm uploading it on my blog with props to you of course.. i got the "Greneberg" EP on wax but yesterday i ordered both vinyl sets of "Vodka & Ayahuasca" and "Gutter Water".

me and Pattch82 are preparing a three volume Gangrene compilation series that will appear on The Lost Tapes (and here ofc) very soon so be on the lookout for that!!

yo that sounds sick!!!

This album is pretty much flawless imo. This is my kind of hip hop dark and grimey!

Gladiator and Dump Truck are probably my 2 fav joints! Top Instructors is up there too.

I can't stop playing this album. These guys stepped their rapping game up a lot and the production is more consistent that Gutter Water (which was sick too)

G.O.D.F.A.T.H.A.
01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Who wants to buy a copy of this from me? Its only 12.99 plus tax and it includes a poster of Gangrene.

GRANDMASSIVE.
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=gerardoletal;2189057]I upped Dream Nap (Itunes Bonus Track) here:

another alchemist banger.

yo thanks for that, that shit is dope. The whole album is crazy as hell. They both really pushed the boundaries of production on this 1. mad respect for that. Drink It Up, Flame Throwers, & now Dream nap are my favs. Also peace for the productions credits, waitin on my copy too.

GRANDMASSIVE.
01-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah I heard that story too... I don't think it would have worked out nearly as dope if ALC hooked up with Madlib. ALC and Oh No got that crazy chemistry going on, and Madlib is terrible on the mic!!

But yeah, this album i fuckin' ridiculously dope! And the fact that Oh No produced the majority of it gives me high hopes for his next solo joint 'Ohnomite' which is supposedly dropping before Summer 2012.

I NEED ANOTHER GANGRENE ALBUM IN 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace!

I wouldnt mind seein a MadChemist album for them too tho. Im mad curious to see what that would sound like.