PDA

View Full Version : Mom arrested for letting 10 year old daughter to get a tattoo?

check two
01-20-2012, 01:56 PM
lol @ not knowing it was illegal

__________________________________________________ _______________
ACWORTH, Ga. - A Georgia woman faces child cruelty charges after taking her 10-year-old son to get a tattoo.

She says she didn't know it was illegal and her son had a good reason to want the body art.

Chuntera Napier said her family is still grieving the death of her 12 year old son, Malik -- hit and killed by a teenage driver in Macon, Georgia some two years ago.

She has tattoos of her own in memory of Malik and says her now 10-year-old, Gaquan was with Malik when he died.

"My son came to me and said, 'Mom, I want to get a tattoo with Malik on it, rest in peace.' What do I say to a child that wants to remember his brother?" she said.

Gaquan said he wanted the tattoo, “Because it represents my brother."

So Napier took Gaquan to a tattoo artist in Smyrna and the youngster got a tattoo featuring Malik's old jersey number.

"It made me feel good to know that he wanted his brother on him," Napier said.

Someone at his school noticed it, they called authorities and police pulled up a 2010 law that says: It shall be unlawful for any person to tattoo the body of any person under the age of 18, except for a physician or osteopath.
Acworth Chief Mike Wilkie said while they felt for the family's grief, a consultation with the district attorney and solicitor's office tied their hands.

"We hope that they can find something that can sustain them through that loss, but this is not the way, it is illegal and it's something that we were bound by the law to investigate and to prosecute," he said.

Asked if she thought it was illegal to allow her son to get a tattoo Napier said, "No, I always thought that if a parent gave consent, then it's fine."

Police are also investigating the tattoo artist.

http://www.blackmediascoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-shot-2012-01-18-at-7.48.29-PM.png

Mr. R&B
01-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Would you really expect rational descisions to be made by people with names like Chuntera & Gaquan?

You can't make this shit up.

Mr. R&B
01-20-2012, 02:08 PM
And that's the mom behind the boy?

She looks like they're both in the same grade in elementary school.

When the fuck did she have her first baby, when she was a fetus?

EAGLE EYE
01-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Any legit tattoo parlor who knows the laws and would've laughed in the mothers face. Only an ex-con without a license would attempt something like this.

Although it's common for kids brought up in a tribal society to get inked. Western culture doesn't like the idea - mainly because the potential for adverse health issues which could arise from a non-sterile environment.

The daughter gets props for being more G than crumple

Bobby_Digital72
01-20-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.blackmediascoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Screen-shot-2012-01-18-at-7.48.29-PM.png

Life imitating art?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kthnyjBHhb1qasvbpo1_500.jpg

Olive Oil Goombah
01-20-2012, 11:25 PM
LOL at the names.

fucking crack man....Just went they were making a little bit of progress...

Kids still got an elmo shirt on.

Its cool that tribal societies still do this....but yea, most of us grew out of that tribal shit about 1500 years ago.

food for thought
01-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Shouldnt the idiot who did the tattoo get in trouble?

Its cool that tribal societies still do this....but yea, most of us grew out of that tribal shit about 1500 years ago.

so what faggit? everybody should be living the same way you do?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-21-2012, 02:34 PM
you mad cuz your people are still tribal, bitchtits??

its a matter of cultural evolution

RUSHING PLATYPUS
01-21-2012, 02:45 PM
There should be a law against allowing your children to have those stinky ass dreads too.

LoTec
01-22-2012, 12:09 AM
huh I wouldnt have guessed that it would be illegal either. Not if the parents consented. Surely its a state law not federal.

check two
01-22-2012, 12:28 AM
^^
Do you live in the US?

Uncle Steezo
01-22-2012, 01:09 AM
i took my daughter, who was 16 at the time, to get a tatt in panama city. the parlor just needed parent consent.
its a state law.

LoTec
01-22-2012, 06:17 PM
^^
Do you live in the US?

Yes sirrrr, Colorado to be exact. My parents took me to get a tatt when I was 15.

check two
01-22-2012, 06:21 PM
It's more unique nowadays to not get a tattoo. Some of the NBA players look like creatures from the blue lagoon.

PANDA PISS
01-22-2012, 06:28 PM
can't blame her for wanting a tat of her brother.

the worst person in all of this is the snitch.

check two
01-22-2012, 06:33 PM
^^
It's a boy, not a girl lol

PANDA PISS
01-22-2012, 06:52 PM
haha you must have thought the same thing judging by the thread title