PDA

View Full Version : The River

netscape check two
02-11-2012, 07:23 PM
This is supposed to be a possible big time tv show. Some people were saying the first episode was pretty boring though?

7EyioRKjhBk

Big Baby Jesus 666
02-12-2012, 03:12 PM
I watched the youtube video but wasn't impressed lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg&ob=av2e

RADIOACTIVE MAN
02-12-2012, 07:39 PM
that's crazy, been wanting to see this bad

netscape check two
02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Who's been watching this?

Soul Controller
03-04-2012, 06:21 AM
ive not heard of this, ill keep an eye out for it,

Soul Controller
03-06-2012, 11:36 AM
downloaded the 1st 5 episodes, managed to watch the pilot,. its pretty nice.. i like the story (theres magic out their!) some of the reality shots are annoying,, rather liking it tho.. thanks for this check (:

netscape check two
03-07-2012, 09:23 PM
^^
No problem, I've seen the first 5 episodes so far. I was a little confused, cause I've heard some people saying that it's supposed to be just an 8 episode miniseries. But I think they are going to see how the first 8 episodes do in the ratings and go from there.

Soul Controller
03-08-2012, 07:23 AM
i seen the 1st five ep's aswell peachs is the last one i have seen..

i dont mind if its just 8 episodes.. aslong as it has a proper ending. i hate shit that doesnt end!! (terra nova!)

i found this review on imdb.. made me lol so hard

OK, so the demise of Lost left me bereft of quality TV. Since then I've been waiting a little impatiently for a series to catch my eye, The River looks like the show I've been waiting for. The plot seems kind of basic at first, like a cheesy reality show parody. Then it hit me with all kinds of weirdness that I did not expect but absolutely love. How to describe it....? Imagine Lost had a threesome with Carnivale and a national geographic show on Amazonian legends. The illegitimate offspring might be something like The River. Its very quick into the action and mystery and the pace is maintained throughout. I liked the camera work, some might moan but its really effective, and the acting is good. I've only seen two episodes but they were jaw-droppingly good, if you loved Lost then I think The River is definitely for you. Enjoy

Fatal Guillotine
03-08-2012, 10:21 AM
going to have to check for this

netscape check two
03-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I thought that the 6th episode was informative, but a little slow. Episode 7 was nice. It should be a good ending to wrap things up this Tuesday. At first I was wondering if that was the real Emmet or not though, since his dog wanted to stay back and not get on the boat. lol

Soul Controller
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
The series has been getting better and better,
should be more than 8 episodes tho,.

the dog staying behind is a dodgey one..i dont understand why he didnt want to come back,. im not sure bout the 2 new people, the cameraman, and the girl who left emmet,.
been probably the best thing ive seen on tv for a while,. nice & creepy (:

Frank Sobotka
03-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I like logic, I don't think this show will fill this need.

netscape check two
03-18-2012, 06:32 PM
There is magic out there ikke.

netscape check two
03-23-2012, 12:11 AM
--Although The River has not officially been canceled, due to its sub-par ratings, Netflix is in talks with ABC Studios about possibly continuing the series on its video-on-demand digital distribution service. This move would continue to make money for the studio. Discussion on the matter is ongoing.

MaskedAvenger
03-23-2012, 12:49 AM
I only watched the first episode but wasn't feeling it, but that could just be me as I hate watching supernatural shit.