PDA

View Full Version : Just made this beat. Seeking honest opinions.

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Let me know what you think. If you think it's awful, please tell me so.

http://soundcloud.com/kaeotik

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-18-2012, 03:00 PM
There's 2 up now. Let me know what you think.

StoneMessiah
02-18-2012, 03:23 PM
i only listened to the first one. kinda slow for me but as for quality wise search out some new drums and make them have more bounce. samples just one sample right? over all though not bad man.

BornPower
02-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Smooth was so kewl, I found myself looking for the download option about halfway through it...Changing isn't bad either. For your "first beats" you did a great job, keep it up. I look forward to hearing more.

SKAMPOE
02-18-2012, 03:46 PM
on the smoothe joint
the sample reminds me of the one used to make this beat
VILaglDLhCU&feature=plcp&context=C3b56f7bUDOEgsToPDskL314A5-u8-BDILXhI1AVyB

that smoothe shit is mega nice tho, i love it

didnt hear the other one tho

BornPower
02-18-2012, 03:50 PM
^^That shit is HOTT Jeh! Big ups to PCP on that joint!

SKAMPOE
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
good looks Kut

THE MASON
02-18-2012, 04:22 PM
these arent bad man

the drums sounds could be better, they need some more swing to it, a more lively feeling. sample work could use some variations, if you gonna stick to loops like that then shorten the beat and add some drops.

good start tho, just keep working at it. do you play your drums or draw them in?

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-18-2012, 04:38 PM
these arent bad man

the drums sounds could be better, they need some more swing to it, a more lively feeling. sample work could use some variations, if you gonna stick to loops like that then shorten the beat and add some drops.

good start tho, just keep working at it. do you play your drums or draw them in?

Thanks for your input everyone. To answer the question I have drawn in the drums thus far as I'm new to this and haven't familiarized myself with the software yet. I'll keep workin at it though. Need to smoke a blunt and watch some tutorial vids on this shit.

JIGSAW45
02-19-2012, 08:10 AM
on the smoothe joint
the sample reminds me of the one used to make this beat
VILaglDLhCU&feature=plcp&context=C3b56f7bUDOEgsToPDskL314A5-u8-BDILXhI1AVyB

that smoothe shit is mega nice tho, i love it

didnt hear the other one tho

They both dope...
The smooth sample is the same as the 1st track on soler powered.
5qwpcqUYWuc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-19-2012, 09:31 AM
They both dope...

I figured that sample had to have been used before. Hadn't heard it myself though. Dope!

THE MASON
02-19-2012, 10:37 AM
what program are you using?

SKAMPOE
02-19-2012, 10:43 AM
They both dope...
oh shit thats the one lol i cant evn remember my own songs lmao thanx for posting it tho! that shit was dope as fuck imo

RUSHING PLATYPUS
02-19-2012, 12:04 PM
what program are you using?

FL Studio 10

StoneMessiah
02-19-2012, 03:34 PM
there are hella tutorials on everything for fl on youtube. you can create your own drum kit and paste the folder in the program file/image-line/data/patches/packs*(this packs folder). i've gotten drum packs online but i usually stick to the kit i made. there are good drums in some of them though. if you get them you paste them in the same folder i expressed earlier. if that helps... PEACE

THE MASON
02-19-2012, 03:40 PM
^no doubt, do that.

i just made my own folder within that Packs folder and add any drums sounds i come across into it. i now have a vast library to pick from, cause i like to mix and match my sounds from other kits, use different ones for layers and what not