PDA

View Full Version : religion is bad

mic-cord-strangler
10-30-2005, 09:59 AM
well? yes or no?

hellbound
10-30-2005, 10:19 AM
i voted yes: even though not all religions are bad but the majority are.

Prince Rai
10-30-2005, 01:03 PM
its bad if you dont understand what you are believing!!!!!

blackwisdom
10-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Essentially religion is good. Religion is a way to connect with the creator known by many names. It's a way to disseminate theology to the masses in an easily receivable manner. To denounce that is to denounce the fact that our eyes need to be set upon the creator of all.

Corruption is bad. Corruption is in everything due to the weakness of mankind and it's distance from the glory of the creator.

I voted that it is not bad but good.

"What is the Black man's true religion

What should we follow

Use your own intuition

You are tomorrow"

- Brother Nasir Jones

This concept applies to all not just Black man. That's all I gotta say about that.

Hotep

Os3y3ris
10-30-2005, 03:04 PM
How many of these threads are we gonna have?

baby jesus
10-30-2005, 04:10 PM
I Think Religion Is Needed We Need Answer's And That Is What Religion Is. Also As Someone Said Before It Can Be Misinterputed And Turn Bad But For All The Wars And Stuff Created By Religion I Also Think It Deters Alot Of People From Doing Things Like Killing For The Fear Of Going To Hell Even Most People Who Dont Believe In God Still Might Take It Into Concederation Before Sinning. We Need To Be Told What Is Good And Bad So I Think Religion Is Needed And Is Good.

Machete
10-30-2005, 04:25 PM
How many of these threads are we gonna have?Until you have gray hair.

Religions don't bother me because I'm not pested by them. I would like if there were some mainstream studies that focused more on combining science and religion. That shit really interests me.

"Masta-Mind"
10-31-2005, 07:25 AM
Really depends on the religon, u cant put them all in the same basket coz some are as different as night and day so to say their all bad is wrong and to say their all good is wrong. Some are good some are bad but 1 is true

Peace

num2son
10-31-2005, 07:54 AM
IT seems religion has broken up groups of people.

"Masta-Mind"
10-31-2005, 08:03 AM
^

Its the people who broke themselves up because sometimes when people dont understand things they just hate it

Alucard Dracu
10-31-2005, 08:07 AM
religion is bad because it breeds fear that demons feed off of. thus beings like me are created.

pep
10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
belief is blind faith, thats why the wise deal with knowledge and knowing things as actual fact...heres a funny thing to do with your loved ones this holiday season...when that good ole religion topic comes up at the turkey table, tell grandma you don't believe in god...allow a few seconds to bask in the strange silence....then just before aunty faints, say i used to believe in santa claus, i know theres a god....

THE W
10-31-2005, 06:37 PM
there's two schools of thought

1. religion is spiritual discipline. in its true uncorrupted essence it is a way for us to connect with ourselves, the creator, and creation.

2. religion is a man made device used to control people.

the bible does not catagorize those who follow Jesus as being "religious". in one passage it says that the only religion that the lord accepts is taking care of widows and mothers and not getting caught up in this corrupt world(james 1:27)

i wouldnt say that religion is good or bad, but that its meaningless.

Paco_Mtl
11-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I answered "no". Religion was an inevitable part of charting beliefs of human civilisation & evolution. It got us to where we are, therefore cant be labelled as bad...although many negatives events come out of the clashes of religions, faith has sustained tribes of peoples since the dawn of man. Good and bad lies in religion, much like life. Its up to us use the beliefs passed onto us in a resonable manner, and not blame problems on ideology.

Aqueous Moon
11-11-2005, 02:54 PM
belief is blind faith, thats why the wise deal with knowledge and knowing things as actual fact...heres a funny thing to do with your loved ones this holiday season...when that good ole religion topic comes up at the turkey table, tell grandma you don't believe in god...allow a few seconds to bask in the strange silence....then just before aunty faints, say i used to believe in santa claus, i know theres a god....
Ha!...This is brillaint!

Good post, pep

Peace

SubliminaL_tha_7th_BorN
11-12-2005, 12:19 AM
peace.

positives-- for some people it's made them better people, changed lives around, can keep people organized, structured, provide a security blanket, etc.

negatives-- some of the craziest people in the world claim to be "religious," it can cause divisions, it can leave people trapped, it can be a psychological hell, etc..etc.

Personally, I think it just DEPENDS ON THE ACTUAL PERSON.

peace

SubliminaL tha 7th BorN

Homosexual1
11-12-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't think religion itself is bad, but I think it's bad that people abuse their 'Religion' to do (bad) 'things'

RADIOACTIVE MAN
11-12-2005, 04:34 PM
once again,ill say it depends on the individiuals motive to follow whatever religion they are following,understand this,before you or anyone in your family become part of a certain religion,you are made to understand what it is about and what excatly it can do for you in positive terms and whatnots,in other words,alotta people are made preety clear of the motive or should i say atleast have a basic understanding of what they are getting into,so its now up to them what they wanna do with the options they get,let me put it to you like this,religion can be like sport,you could either just enjoy it because sometimes it cheers you up or you could be a die hard fan who could kill someone over it..think about it

abasi
11-14-2005, 09:09 AM
the good thing about religion is that it teaches faith and i believe its a good thing
i just dont think religion is for everyone
only certain people that needs faith in their life

WU-KILLAH
11-14-2005, 01:10 PM
I think the lack of religion is the cause of many of today's problems.

BadBlakkSheep
11-15-2005, 08:13 AM
ok i`ll try to explain whut i think although my english is bad:

good: people need limits. and how can u make a man have limits?? hes got to be afraid of sumthing. sumthing bigger than he is. most of us would do a lot more bad things if there wasnt the punishment after it. and there would be more suicide, cauze Allah sais, if u kill urself u go to hell.

all religions have the same point, same structure (and thats whut many people dont wanna see): killing other people is bad, u have to be good and dont do bad things. if everyone would live this way, there would be no more war, no more beef.
and this is not bad at all, its just impossible.

it depends on whut we do with it. if u start to think ur religion is the only way and all others r bad and shit like dis, u should better stop believe in this sumthing u call "religion". its one thing u can misuse very easyli if u smart enough. thats whut bush and bin laden do. same shit, different asshole.

-out-

JASPER
11-15-2005, 08:18 AM
I voted show me your tits.

SuperWoman
02-11-2006, 01:13 PM
People are brainwashed.

LHX
02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
a definite maybe

wash your brain before somebody else does

LHX
02-11-2006, 01:23 PM
a definite maybe

wash your brain before somebody else does

dont use soap

SuperWoman
02-11-2006, 01:30 PM
You're brainwashed 2 LHX.

LHX
02-11-2006, 01:32 PM
damn right

sometimes i even use COLOGNE

in accordance with the prophecy

GENERAL WISE
02-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Let me put this in a absolute statement:

Relgion is a form of obedience, whether to a king or a government

Vegan
02-13-2006, 01:47 AM
Yes religion is bad as it deals with division. Look at all the bloodshed throughout history as a result of religion.

Longbongcilvaringz
02-13-2006, 05:50 AM
people are bad.

My First Timbs
02-13-2006, 04:02 PM
yes and no

LHX
02-13-2006, 06:04 PM
religion is just another form of media

how many of you have a 'favorite' anything?

GENERAL WISE
02-13-2006, 10:02 PM
FORM OF OBEDIENCE

PORK NOT ALLOWED IN ISLAM (EARLIER CHRISTIANITY) AND JUDAISM
WHY
PIGS DON'T SWEAT SO THEY NEED EXTRA WATER TO DRINK
MIDDLE EAST HAS LITTLE WATER FOR liFESTOCK
and EUROPE IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR LIFESTOCK CHRISTIANS ARE MOSTLY IN EUROPE CHRISTIANS EAT PORK

DO NOT STEAL BECAUSE THE RICH HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WOULD CONSIDER SteALING

DO NOT KILL WHY? BECAUSE IT CREATES CHAOS IN A SOCIETY ANTI-SOCIETY = ANTI-RELIGON

PEOPLE IN COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONIZED WERE FIRST CONVERTED TO A DIFFERENT RELIGION THE WERE RAPED FROM SOVEREIGNITY

HUMAN INSTINCT = BEST RELIGION

Aqueous Moon
02-14-2006, 03:28 PM
religion is spooky...yeah, it's bad

Prince Rai
02-14-2006, 05:25 PM
its bad when its not understood...

LHX
02-14-2006, 10:48 PM
non believers must be eliminated in accordance with the prophecy

Hellspawn
02-15-2006, 04:17 AM

humain instincts are bad, it's not the best religion. human instincts are about to kill, to steal, to lie...otherwise we dont need no law. the law has been made because man is bad by instinct.

LHX
02-15-2006, 08:47 AM
human instincts are about to kill, to steal, to lie...otherwise we dont need no law. the law has been made because man is bad by instinct.

you sound definite about this

Hellspawn
02-15-2006, 09:14 AM
otherwise why do we need laws?

LHX
02-15-2006, 09:26 AM
otherwise why do we need laws?

some may suggest that we dont

Soul Controller
02-15-2006, 09:27 AM
ive just started a new religion.. its called bollocks-ism

pm me fo further info.

peace

SlightlySlightedFan
02-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Essentially religion is good. Religion is a way to connect with the creator known by many names. It's a way to disseminate theology to the masses in an easily receivable manner. To denounce that is to denounce the fact that our eyes need to be set upon the creator of all.

Corruption is bad. Corruption is in everything due to the weakness of mankind and it's distance from the glory of the creator.

I voted that it is not bad but good.

"What is the Black man's true religion

What should we follow

Use your own intuition

You are tomorrow"

- Brother Nasir Jones

This concept applies to all not just Black man. That's all I gotta say about that.

Hotep

I'm down with that explanation.

Soul Controller
02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
intuition and religion are diffrent..
intuition comes from the heart (chakra)
intuition is like a collective understanding that something is the truth..
or that somthing is wrong, u automatically know the answer.. and u know the answer to be correct. mos def,it comes from a higher form of yourself. how your higher self(astral) communicates with u.. in this physical world.

what religion should we follow?
why follow a religion... if people have the 'intuition'
they will automatically know what is right/wrong just/injust. sane/insane

but nameing what u feel is pretty bad,. as that always creates polaraties... thus all the positive energy.. is again syphoned off

peace

My First Timbs
02-16-2006, 08:32 PM
FORM OF OBEDIENCE

PORK NOT ALLOWED IN ISLAM (EARLIER CHRISTIANITY) AND JUDAISM
WHY
PIGS DON'T SWEAT SO THEY NEED EXTRA WATER TO DRINK
MIDDLE EAST HAS LITTLE WATER FOR liFESTOCK
and EUROPE IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR LIFESTOCK CHRISTIANS ARE MOSTLY IN EUROPE CHRISTIANS EAT PORK

DO NOT STEAL BECAUSE THE RICH HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WOULD CONSIDER SteALING

DO NOT KILL WHY? BECAUSE IT CREATES CHAOS IN A SOCIETY ANTI-SOCIETY = ANTI-RELIGON

PEOPLE IN COUNTRIES THAT WERE COLONIZED WERE FIRST CONVERTED TO A DIFFERENT RELIGION THE WERE RAPED FROM SOVEREIGNITY

pigs do indeed sweat

LORD NOSE
02-16-2006, 08:55 PM
opigs do indeed sweat

you shure did prove me wrong with that one - but would you agree that they don't sweat enough to rid themselves of the many toxins it carries ?

Koolish
02-16-2006, 09:02 PM
supposedly they don't, this is all i got:
http://amos.indiana.edu/library/scripts/happypig.html
________
Aprilia tuono (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_Tuono)