PDA

View Full Version : Synchronicity Thread

Big Baby Jesus 666
02-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Does anyone here know a little something or has experienced something with Synchronicity

Wikipedia says the following about Synchronicity

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance and that are observed to occur together in a meaningful manner. The concept of synchronicity was first described in this terminology by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s

and an example they give is this:

"The comic strip character Dennis the Menace featuring a young boy in a red-and-black-striped shirt debuted on March 12, 1951, in 16 newspapers in the United States. Three days later in the UK, a character called Dennis the Menace, wearing a red-and-black-striped jumper, made his debut in children's comic The Beano. Both creators have denied any causal connection."

I give this example because it reminds me of Holocaust and his Frank the Robot Tank ego. 5 or so years before this was announced i had my original rap name back in 2001 of Frank the Lyrical Tank and just so you know, Frank the Lyrical Tank was also a robot because at the start of my underground hit song "Call Me Frank", that's what he said in a similar voice to Rahzels robotic voice.

Another example i have is the time when we were at my friend Mikes and we were drinking and had the boom box out with us playing Tim Westwood's radio show and it was a Notorious BIG special. Well what happened was we went up to the local pub Springfield and guess who we saw? Now i had never seen this dude since years before back in high school so it was a coincidence when we got in there drunk and met Chris Wallace. Is that a mere coincidence or is there something more to it?

Another example i had was when we went into the pub high on cocaine powder and weed and i saw this dude Kieran i knew in school and i said to him remember back in the day when we used to call you Conan. Well he wasn't happy that i reminded him of this so i went and sat down and when i did guess what came on the TV? A commercial for Conan the Barbarian.

I have more of these occurances that i remember but i have no proof now to show them off. They included songs where we had skits that were done before wu-tang and they came off with a similar one.

What do you all think?

Big Baby Jesus 666
02-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Also if you've ever looked up the 8 Circuits of the Brain (Timothy Leary) he states that Synchronicity can be activated along with the 7th circuit of the brain. It says you can activate such circuits with drugs like LSD and Salvia. Interesting!

C-7 Mytho-Genetic Intelligence of DNA and the Planetary Entity
Sources: whatever triggers the experience of ancestral and past life
memories, autonomous archetypes, synchronicity, planetary (Gaia)
mind, cosmic consciousness. The Shocks of Indivisibility and Cosmic
Unity (the absence of dualistic consciousness)

Fresh
02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
c-o-i-n-c-i-d-e-n-c-e

you just so happen to be alive...... at a precise moment in the 13billion timescale (that we know of) of the universe...... you just so happen to being wherever youre living..... you just so happened to be the sperm out of the trillions of sperm that reached the egg.... your parents just so happened to meet and conceieve.... their parents before that, etc etc etc........ this planet, from all the other billions of planets, just so happened to have a sun and a moon in the right distance from it to be able to let life evolve.... ETC ETC ETC ETC

what im saying is everything is a coincidence.... take for example the sperm..... its a one in a trillion chance that youre the sperm that will make it.... BUT.... its a 99.99% chance that ANY SPERM will make it..... ONE WILL MAKE IT.... but the ones that dont.... they dont question it, because it didnt happen to them

just like you..... im sure there are tons of other weird shit that couldve happened to you.... but youve missed by milliseconds..... wether walking out the door to early or not bringing up a certain topic in a conversation........ but since they DIDNT HAPPEN..... you dont connect it

my first paragraph.... what are the fucking 'odds' of all that coming together? i mean seriously? atoms forming, planets forming, this planet being sustainable, your great great grat ancestors having kids, then them having kids, maiking decisions on where to live.... etcetc..... in comparision..... meeting a kid you used to call conan and then seeing a slightly related advert.... its barely even an oddity.....

COINCIDENCE

Face of the Golden Falcon
02-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Alternatively...

Swiss Watch Universe. Nothing is coincidence. Everything is intricately placed in time and space for a reason, however small and insignificant that reason may seem to you.

There is a reason you missed the tons of other weird shit by milliseconds.

"Coincidence" and "Randomness" are the Gods of athiests who use these unprovable
concepts to explain the why of things (even though it doesn't actually explain the why of things). The same way God traditionally was used to explain the unexplainable.

Big Baby Jesus 666
02-28-2012, 07:24 AM
What!?

This example of synchronicity reminds me of the Conan incident

"A young woman I was treating had, at a critical moment, a dream in which she was given a golden scarab. While she was telling me this dream, I sat with my back to the closed window. Suddenly I heard a noise behind me, like a gentle tapping. I turned round and saw a flying insect knocking against the window-pane from the outside. I opened the window and caught the creature in the air as it flew in. It was the nearest analogy to a golden scarab one finds in our latitudes, a scarabaeid beetle, the common rose-chafer (Cetonia aurata), which, contrary to its usual habits had evidently felt the urge to get into a dark room at this particular moment. I must admit that nothing like it ever happened to me before or since"

Do you think the governments have the ability to create synchronicities? I read somewhere (whether its true or not i dunno) but the Large Hadron Collider can be used to create such things

food for thought
02-28-2012, 09:36 AM
As a psychonaut, I have experienced synchronicity many times while dabbling in psychoactive plants and chemicals.

This and telepathic abilities are pretty common things that many people experiences under this altered state of consciousness.

Fresh
02-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Alternatively...

Swiss Watch Universe. Nothing is coincidence. Everything is intricately placed in time and space for a reason, however small and insignificant that reason may seem to you.

There is a reason you missed the tons of other weird shit by milliseconds.

"Coincidence" and "Randomness" are the Gods of athiests who use these unprovable
concepts to explain the why of things (even though it doesn't actually explain the why of things). The same way God traditionally was used to explain the unexplainable.

except... its not like God at all. in fact your example is exactly like God, not my coincidence example

what do you mean everything happens for a 'reason'.. is that implying some kind of intelligent being made this 'conan' incident to happen.... because the being had a 'reason'?.... what do you mean??

also your example implies that everything is defined... that we are living out EVERYTHING in a pre-planned way... ergo, we do not have free will in your opinion.... because if everything happens for a reason... then me typing this post right now.... the way my fingers are moving..... all of it HAD to happen...

on the contrary.... COINCIDENCE..... is a rational example. for example.... i move the america and buy a house... that house just so happens to be beside yours.... now... if for some reason i never met you we wouldnt think/know what a massive coincidence had occurred.... however its only when we meet and talk about it, that this coincidence is brought to our attention and then we think... "wow.... what are the chances!".... like i said..... coincidences like this are barely a blip on what the coincidences of the universe. antoehr example is you can think "what are the chances of humans ever exisiting... on this earth...." - well out of all the TRILLIONS are planets that formed.... it likely that one is going to be sustainable for life to elvolve.... so like i said.... the odds can be 100000000/1 of earth existing.... but at the same time.... a planet like earth WAS going to exist

i find it very odd you compare my example to God saying "it explains the unexplainable"... yet i have given perfectly good explaintations.... and yet your example of "everything happens for a reason" without one good exmaple..... sounds EXACTLY like a God people would have made up back 2000 years ago!!!

Uncle Steezo
02-28-2012, 03:37 PM
you aren't really talking about synchronicity Fresh.

kGTs7CG8Pbg