View Full Version : no love for MadMen?

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Madison Avenue in the sixties. classic series IMO

and here is another reason why you should watch it

http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/fashion_MadMen102B_0411.jpg

Mumm Ra
04-22-2012, 08:24 AM
before i saw any episodes someone posted her pics and i thought she was just alright...at least she has huge tits. but gawddamn she's bangin on that show.

currently going through the seasons on netflix almost done with season 1. awesome series.

ShaDynasty
04-22-2012, 09:05 AM
yeah incredible show. one of the interesting themes is all the casual prejudices and shame of that era. all the characters are fighting their own demons.

and it looks awesome, bad bitches and cool designs. i like to watch people drinking while i'm drinking.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
04-22-2012, 09:24 AM
I'm yet to see this show..might pick up boxsets like I alwaays do with other shows

TAURO
04-22-2012, 10:03 AM
Yeah I love this show, im currently watching season 5. Like Mr McClure said it's interesting to see these casual prejudices during that period. It's feels like another world almost given how most of what they did back then and took for granted are big no no's in today's society.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
04-22-2012, 01:57 PM
smoking in buildings :/ I remember when that was still allowed

Durag
04-22-2012, 02:08 PM
Yeah i like this show. Its very different to a lot of shows and movies now that are all fast paced, in your face, this is very slowly paced, a lot of attention given to details such as the dialogue, character development etc. Its brilliantly written so that despite the slowness of it, it never gets boring.

EAGLE EYE
04-25-2012, 01:48 AM
Probably the best show I've ever watched. I've seen up to this current season EP 3

Longbongcilvaringz
04-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Yeah, it fucking sucks. We get it, the 60s in america was bad for minorities. I don't give a shit about advertising companies and marketing bullshit. It will never be interesting.

MaskedAvenger
04-25-2012, 05:24 AM
I have never watched this show and I'm sure its pretty good but whenever I happen to catch 5 minutes of it here and there it looks boring as fuck.

Id rather watch paint dry

http://i45.tinypic.com/1601rbc.jpg

TAURO
04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
^^It's not the type of show you can just watch on the fly, you need to watch it from the beginning and stick it out. It wasn't my type of show either and I was also expecting it to be boring, my friend loaned me the first two seasons and insisted that it was good so I gave it a shot. After the first five eps, I was hooked.

Mumm Ra
04-25-2012, 10:37 AM
yeah theres a lot of backstories, past relationships and such that youd never catch just from random clips.

itd be like watching 5 minutes of the godfather at random points when they're just sitting around not doing shit

JASPER BEARDLY
04-25-2012, 02:28 PM
i never really watched it but u can't make an opinion on a show like this from tidbits or without getting absorbed in it

that's like saying the wire sucks after randomly watching s2 e3

EAGLE EYE
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah, it fucking sucks. We get it, the 60s in america was bad for minorities. I don't give a shit about advertising companies and marketing bullshit. It will never be interesting.

Im sorry you feel that way fredy mech

Dr Sleepwalker
04-25-2012, 05:01 PM
awesome show. i've seen every episode. been watching the new season on AMC
well written show w/o the fancy shit. betty was sexy as fuck before getting her fatass on and don's the man

ShaDynasty
04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
its less about minorities and marketing than it is about the darkness in the hearts of men.

the marketing business is a good allegory though, all these characters are trying to sell themselves as something better or other than they are. they were made for that business.

Mumm Ra
04-25-2012, 05:14 PM
^ what he said
well written show w/o the fancy shit.
yeah thats what i like about it...no gimmicky or trendy shit. just ill story lines and cool characters