PDA

View Full Version : If time travel is possible you don't exist.

SubtleEnergies
10-31-2005, 10:13 PM
I watched a documentary the other nighto n time travel. It had a bunch of physicists saying how it is possible.

But they also said that the most likely form would be in computer simulations of the past made by our future descendants. They said that at the rate at which computers are advancing it will eventually be that we have a computer capable of processing an infinite amount of information. This would allow them to reconstruct the past IDENTICALLY to the past. So much so that the beings in this simulation would be exactly like us and would even think that they were us. This means, they say that in all likelihood we are only computer simulations. The odds of us being the originals is unlikely. I don't know if I buy this....but it's an interesting and, to me, a bit scary. It's on some matrix shit.

Also, in the show they explained a way to travel BACK in time something that was meant to be physically impossible. However, because time is meant to be circular if oyu could rotate the universe you could do it. However, since rotating the universe isn't a possibility they said something about orbiting something.....I don't know what they said coz my mum was asking me what a blackhole was...

If any one can explain this bit to me it would be appreciated.

Black Hole
10-31-2005, 11:21 PM
Time travel is the concept of moving forward and backward to different points in time, much as we do through space. It also includes traveling sideways in time between parallel realities or universes. In physics, the concept of time travel has been often used to examine the consequences of physical theories such as special relativity, general relativity and quantum mechanics. There is no experimental evidence of time travel, and it is not even well understood whether (let alone how) the current physical theories permit any kind of time travel. However, theories do exist about the possibility of folding time to hop from one point to another.

Being a black hole, I'm very sure that some day this will be possible. Generally there are limitations and paradoxes for such beings that want to create a sequential process. Surely in order to construct and work a time machine, you would require a tremendous amount of energy in order to engage the process of trancending though time and space.

It is interesting to note that any religion which postulates the existence of fulfilled prophecy requires, at the very least, an agent which can move information from the future into the past. In Christian theology, for example, God is assumed to exist unbound by space or time. Doctrinally, God is held to be omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent. Statements in the Bible such as Jesus's claim "before Abraham was born, I am" and Peter's claim "Jesus was chosen before the creation of the world" (assuming the creation of the world began at t = 0) imply that God does not occupy the same timeline that we do. This is further supported by the assertion "I the LORD do not change" , since change requires movement along, and constrained by, a temporal continuum.

Two popular interpretations of these statements are that God exists outside the space-time continuum; or exists at every point in space-time simultaneously. In either case, God can transfer information from one point in space-time to any other point without restriction because of his great overwhelming power.

Immaculate

Bedlam
10-31-2005, 11:58 PM
lol^, dont listen to anything MAXIMOTT over here is typing.

SoNoFman
11-01-2005, 06:28 AM
i remember watching a documentary jus like dat.they was explaining how space and time are some how intertwined together in a ruled force.the scientist figured if they could warp "space"(not outer space,but the space that would be between you and another object)then they could warp time.they were some how able to minipulate space using somekind of laser machine that projects hundreds of lasers forming a vortex all together.then they use digital information to b passed through time not necesarily people.(i think that was wat i understood)

faggot
11-01-2005, 07:00 AM
Time doesn't exist.

Sicka than aidZ
11-01-2005, 07:02 AM
e=mc2

faggot
11-01-2005, 07:03 AM
Einstein.

Sicka than aidZ
11-01-2005, 07:03 AM
no shit sherlock

faggot
11-01-2005, 07:04 AM
I still don't like you.

Sicka than aidZ
11-01-2005, 07:06 AM
yo goddess, quit disabling my post whatevrers, "options" or some shit

Sicka than aidZ
11-01-2005, 07:06 AM
faggot: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/smileymonkeypiss.gif
Goddess

faggot
11-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Bye.

SubtleEnergies
11-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Nice to see my time travel thread end up with a fucking monkey pissing! lol

I agree I don't think time exists.

They also said this in away. They said:

Every moment in time actually exists right now.

SoNoFman
11-01-2005, 08:22 AM
sum people cant even grasp the concept of how much shit is takin place as we speak.its almost inconceivable

Born Ruler I
11-01-2005, 11:10 AM
String theory and M theory become applicable here.

One

Visionz
11-01-2005, 11:16 AM
kinda off topic, but have you every had a dream that later happens in real life the exact same way. That happens to me quite a bit, it's like our mind is capable of time travel in a way that we're not really even aware of. Or it's just a glitch in the matrix.

LHX
11-01-2005, 11:33 AM
its all a matter of perspective

from a certain perspective - time exists and is fluid
from a certain perspective - time exists and it is solid
from a certain perspective - time exists and it is like a network of roads
from a certain perspective - time does not exist
from a certain perspective - time is the only thing that exists

qspeechc
11-01-2005, 02:59 PM
firstly it is totally impossible to reproduce the past or the future because of quantum fuzzyness and chaos theory (the name is quite misleading).

the only thing i heard about spinning the universe was one solution obtained for general relativity where the universe was rotating and time travel is possible, but the universe cannot be rotating, because what is it rotating relative to? by definition the universe contain everything, so obviously this is an absurd solution and all physicists have rejected this 'solution' to einstein's relativity theory.

holla @ me if you need more explanations.

~peace~

Ghost In The 'Lac
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM
no your contradicting yourself if you think time travel is possible. it can never be true as no-one would ever be in the right time frame because you can always say if time travel ever existed it would have been used already.

G-Gka-Genius
11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
kinda off topic, but have you every had a dream that later happens in real life the exact same way. That happens to me quite a bit, it's like our mind is capable of time travel in a way that we're not really even aware of. Or it's just a glitch in the matrix.
i remember getting that a couple of times, its fuckin weird. n it sucks how u notice it after it happens, if only i couldve studied that dream and then changed what could happen. but my brain would probly explode or something

tajeco
11-03-2005, 04:58 AM
Even physisists are humans in the year 2005. So if time-travel doesn't happen for another 1,000 years, no one can say now it's true or false. We can speculate all we want, we don't have the brains to actually fathom it at this juncture. Some experiments have been done though, involving watches and airplanes and minutes of differences.

SubtleEnergies
11-03-2005, 06:16 AM
Gspeech I was thinking of Chaos Theory too. Wouldn't they just produce alternative pasts at best?

blazindaherbz
11-11-2005, 12:40 AM
my bro said they have labs where they can zap amoebas digitally and send it to a receiver lab w/ no harm thats time travel warp loop holes all the shit u seen on sci fi but now its in front of u

SubtleEnergies
11-11-2005, 05:35 AM
I learnt in physics they were doing sometihng with light...maybe a vaccuum?

and it was so fast it came out the other side before it went in :s

damaja
11-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Time travel is possible, I am from the future, and I have also been back in time. I fucked your mom, and I am actually your dad.

Punch
11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Even physisists are humans in the year 2005. So if time-travel doesn't happen for another 1,000 years, no one can say now it's true or false. We can speculate all we want, we don't have the brains to actually fathom it at this juncture. Some experiments have been done though, involving watches and airplanes and minutes of differences.
I saw that too, they had sophisticated clocks on both the ground and in some special airplanes. the clock in the planes were slightly ahead afterwards. I don't think it was minuted though, I think it was milliseconds.

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 06:59 AM
If I AM now, then i can be in the future, and then return to the past.

im infinite

JASPER
11-12-2005, 07:26 AM
My body can't travel trough time, but my mind can.

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 09:47 AM
My body can't travel trough time, but my mind can.
and that is no joke, it is plausible.

JASPER
11-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Just because I type it, doesn't mean it's supposed to be a joke.

Prince Rai
11-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Just because I type it, doesn't mean it's supposed to be a joke.u misunderstood me, i didnt mean 2 say u were!

just saying it is truthful, that is more important isnt it?

AndAnotherOne
11-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Http://www.space.com/

CHRONZ
11-14-2005, 03:40 AM
All ppl are scared of the unknown....

Aliens, time travel, all that kinda shit....

It's the future, no doubt.

K.E.G.
11-14-2005, 04:12 AM
i time travel all the time when i dream how about you peoples? hmm.