PDA

View Full Version : Shamanism and Me

Big Baby Jesus 666
05-10-2012, 02:01 PM
"Shamanism is a term used in a variety of anthropological, historical and popular contexts to refer to certain magico-religious practices that involve a practitioner reaching altered states of consciousness in order to encounter and interact with the spirit world. A shaman is a person regarded as having access to, and influence in, the world of benevolent and malevolent spirits, who typically enters a trance state during a ritual, and practices divination and healing"

"Shamans are normally "called" by dreams or signs which require lengthy training, however, shamanic powers may be inherited.

Turner and colleagues mention a phenomenon called shamanistic initiatory crisis. A rite of passage for shamans-to-be, commonly involving physical illness and/or psychological crisis. The significant role of initiatory illnesses in the calling of a shaman can be found in the detailed case history of Chuonnasuan, the last master shaman among the Tungus peoples in Northeast China.

The wounded healer is an archetype for a shamanizing journey. This process is important to the young shaman. S/he undergoes a type of sickness that pushes her or him to the brink of death. This happens for two reasons:
1.The shaman crosses over to the under world. This happens so the shaman can venture to its depths to bring back vital information for the sick, and the tribe.
2.The shaman must become sick to understand sickness. When the shaman overcomes her or his own sickness s/he will hold the cure to heal all that suffer. This is the uncanny mark of the wounded healer."

So basically in society i am labelled as a Schizophrenic which is untrue because what actually happened was i took Salvia, exploded into a spirit world or multiple spirit worlds and am now on a journey which is leaving me currently with a temporary mental illness. Obviously doctors don't have a clue about what reality really is, i mean University doesn't have all the answers, does it?

Some people believe that after 2012, the real world, our reality and the spirit world will once again become one. Have you ever thought about the fact that ancient peoples were more connected with nature and were open to the spirit realm, but today we are not? Why could this be?

At least i know when i heal i'll be even stronger than before.

But your saying i'm not a shaman? no but i have many great powers plus i merge spirit/nature/technology unlike any shaman before me.

Big Baby Jesus 666
05-10-2012, 02:05 PM
"Are people blind to unexplained phenomena because their brains simply can’t handle anything they don’t understand? This story, quoted in social science circles and popular with New Agers, was repeated in the recent film What The Bleep Do We Know? – “When the tall European ships first approached the early Native Americans, it was such an ‘impossible’ vision in their reality that their highly filtered perceptions couldn’t register what was happening, and they literally failed to ‘see’ the ships."

"A more detailed account, “allegedly found in a diary in Magellan’s own handwriting”, 2 describes how South Americans could see the boats that the explorers landed in, but not the ships anchored offshore. Their shaman stared out to sea and by imagining what he was looking for, was finally able to make out the ships. He was then able to point them out to others, until at last everyone could see the ships. The shaman could do this because he alone was open to the possibilities of strange things from other worlds. There are many versions of this story, sometimes referring to Magellan, sometimes to Columbus,3 sometimes to Captain Cook 4 – but the details are spurious. For example, Magellan didn’t keep a diary, and the only account of his voyage comes from Antonio Pigafetta."

source:
http://www.forteantimes.com/strangedays/science/20/questioning_perceptual_blindness.html

Humans these days aren't really up on the spirit world therefore they do not see what a Shaman or i can see. Therefore doctors think they know better than me cus they're 'normal' and i'm ill..

Big Baby Jesus 666
05-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Isn't anyone else interested in how the Indigenous peoples discovered out of over 2000 plus species of plants in the jungle, which ones had medicinal properties?

For example, Ayahuasca is made up of psychoactive Banisteriopsis spp. vine and mixed with the leaves of dimethyltryptamine (DMT)-containing species of shrubs from the genus Psychotria, but also requires a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as B. Caapi to stop it being broken down by the liver so the psychoactive effects all hit you in the head.

So you think they discovered this by random chance? Well no, according to the author of The Cosmic Serpent: DNA and the Origins of Knowledge, the tribes will tell you that the spirit of Ayahuasca itself told them.

You probably going to McDonalds tonight, right?

D.projectile
05-12-2012, 11:37 AM
For example, Ayahuasca is made up of psychoactive Banisteriopsis spp. vine and mixed with the leaves of dimethyltryptamine (DMT)-containing species of shrubs from the genus Psychotria, but also requires a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as B. Caapi to stop it being broken down by the liver so the psychoactive effects all hit you in the head.

seen..thats quite exact

D.projectile
05-13-2012, 02:45 PM
You read The Fire Within? (By Castenada)

Big Smokes
05-19-2012, 05:44 PM
this is interesting

food for thought
05-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Whats the point of this thread?

ArcherPriest
05-27-2012, 11:34 AM
jesus fuck this guys posts are the best..
tell us more about your powers

CEITEDMOFO
05-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Isn't anyone else interested in how the Indigenous peoples discovered out of over 2000 plus species of plants in the jungle, which ones had medicinal properties?

http://www.csicon.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Aliens-meme.jpg