PDA

View Full Version : budsmokers only

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
haters gonna hate

Cannabis Users Are Safer Drivers – Put That In Your Pipe and Smoke It

http://www.ismokeherb.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/david_cameron_01_02.jpg
I remember reading just last week about how David Cameron plans to bring in tougher laws surrounding ‘drug-driving’ after a girl was killed by a driver that was high on cannabis.
The Sun reported on 8th May 2012 (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4303248/Parents-back-David-Camerons-war-on-drug-drive-killers.html):
THE parents of a girl killed by a driver high on cannabis yesterday backed David Cameron’s clampdown on drug-driving.
Gary and Natasha Groves said the laws are a “fitting legacy” for daughter Lillian.
Other excerpts from the article inclue:
“Offenders will face longer jail terms and huge fines.”
“Gary and Natasha welcomed the news — and called for “zero tolerance” of drug-drivers.”
This is an example of political correctness blown way out of proportion once again, and a clear example of where Britain needs to check its facts and do some studies of its own before passing new legislation. Whilst my sincere condolences go out to the parents of Lilian who was killed by a driver back in 2010, I do not believe that one event such as this should shape future laws on the matter. My thoughts are backed up by an article from Toke of The Town which I have posted below.
Toke of the town reports the following (source (http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/04/auto_insurance_site_says_marijuana_users_are_safer .php)):
There’s yet another study now that concludes marijuana users are better drivers, especially when compared with those who use alcohol behind the wheel. Twenty years of study has concluded that marijuana smokers may actually be getting a bad rap and that they may actually have fewer accidents than other drivers.
The website 4AutoinsuranceQuote.org put a press release (http://www.ismokeherb.co.uk/tag/release/) on the study, which “looks at statistics regarding accidents, traffic violations, and insurance prices,” and “seeks to dispel the though that ‘driving while stoned (http://www.ismokeherb.co.uk/tag/stoned/)’ is dangerous.”
Research studies in the Netherlands at the Dutch Institute for Road Safety Research showed that drivers with blood alcohol rates of .5 percent up to .8 percent had accidents five times more than other drivers, and with higher amounts of alcohol, accidents happening up to 15 times more often. But, the marijuana smokers actually showed these drivers posed no risk at all!
4autoinsurancequote.org
Reasons cited for stoned drivings not being much of a threat to public highway safety include their tendency to drive slower, and their propensity to stay home rather than go out partying.
In addition, one study by the U.S. National Highway Transportation Safety Administration shows that drivers with THC in their systems have accident responsibility rates lower than those of drug-free drivers.
“What law enforcement agencies and insurers do not understand is that driving while high is actually a safe activity,” CEO James Shaffer said. “I guess the key to safer driving is to use marijuana, but to do it under wraps.”
One recent study indicated that traffic related fatalities fell by up to nine percent in states that have legalised medical marijuana. Entitled “Medical Marijuana Laws, Traffic Fatalities, and Alcohol Consumption,” the study, conducted in November 2011, found increased cannabis use by adults decreased alcohol related traffic deaths in those states.
The study provides evidence that marijuana is a safer substitute for alcohol when it comes to health and also makes for safer drivers.
“Marijuana users often say that when they are high, they feel like they are driving 60 miles per hour but actually are only going 30 miles per hour,” Shaffer said. “When somebody is drunk driving, on the other hand, they often feel like they are driving 30 miles per hour but they are actually driving 80 miles per hour. This is what makes alcohol dangerous behind the wheel, and marijuana safe.”
As an auto insurance provider, 4autoinsurancequote.org said that marijuana use can also have an indirect effect on insurance rates. Because of the correlation between marijuana use and lower rates of accident responsibility, they said marijuana users, as a group, can expect in the future to see lower insurance rates than non-marijuana users.
“The hypocrisy of it all is that if you get caught driving under the influence of marijuana, you will be fined and perhaps thrown into jail,” Shaffer said. “What’s worse is that your insurance rates will definitely increase due to the traffic violation.”
According to 4autoinsurance.org, the Top 10 reasons marijuana users are safer drivers are as follows:
1. Drivers who had been using marijuana were found to drive slower, according to a 1983 NHTSA study.
2. Marijuana users were able to drive straight and didn’t have trouble staying in their own lanes, according to a 1993 NHTSA study done in the Netherlands. The same study concluded that marijuana had very little effect on overall driving ability.
3. Drivers who had smoked marijuana were less likely to try to pass other cars and were more likely to drive at a steady speed, according to a University of Adelaide study done in Australia (http://www.ismokeherb.co.uk/tag/australia/). The study showed no danger from marijuana and driving unless the drivers had also been using alcohol.
4. Drivers high on marijuana are less likely to drive recklessly, according to a study done in the United Kingdom in 2000 by the UK Transport Research Lab. The study was actually undertaken to prove that pot impairs driving, but instead it showed the opposite — that stoned drivers were actually safer than many other drivers on the road.
5. States that allow medical marijuana see a reduction in highway fatalities; for instance, Colorado and Montana have had a nine percent drop in traffic deaths and a five percent drop in beer sales.
6. Low doses of marijuana were found to have little affect on the ability to drive a car in a Canadian study in 2002. These drivers were found to be in much fewer car crashes than alcohol users.
7. Most marijuana smokers have fewer crashes because they tend to stay home instead of driving.
8. Marijuana smokers are thought to be more sober drivers; traffic information from 13 of the states where medical cannabis is legal showed that these drivers are actually safer and more careful than many other drivers on the road. These studies were conducted by the University of Colorado and Montana State University, exploring the relationship between legal medical marijuana and deaths in traffic accidents.
9. Multiple studies show that marijuana smokers are less likely to be risk takers than those who use alcohol; the studies showed that marijuana use calmed them down and made them pay more attention.
10. Cannabis smoking drivers were shown to follow other vehicles at safer distances, which made they less likely to cause or have crashes.
“Every test seemed to come up with these same results in all of the countries they were done in,” 4autoinsurance.org concludes. “Even so, insurance companies will still penalize any driver in an accident that has been shown to have been smoking pot, so this doesn’t give drivers free reign to smoke pot and drive.”
Ok, now I understand if you get behind the wheel of a car baked out of your mind then you are not in a fit state to drive. But where does that leave the rest of us cannabis users? Cannabis wears off relatively quickly (depending on the strain), and users feel ‘sober’ again after only a few hours. However I’m sure if they were tested after this time the cannabinoids would still be present in enough quantity to warrant them loosing their licence/getting fined/going to prison. If this system is implemented, then it needs to be done properly, otherwise there is the very real danger that it can be abused to target cannabis smokers nationwide unfairly.

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 02:42 PM
You seen the documentary , super high me ?

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 02:53 PM
The Sun is a daily national tabloid newspaper published in the United Kingdom. Sister editions are published in Glasgow (The Scottish Sun) and Dublin (The Irish Sun). It is published by the News Group Newspapers division of News International, itself a wholly owned subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.[2][3]

Did you of all people just post a study from the main stream media because it fits in with your own lifestyle choices or confirmation bias? Lmao at being a walking babbling contradiction.

Cool study though. Food posted this one a little while back.

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 02:56 PM
nah/../ i seen this tho

PSKJrgGqx_E

im going to search youtube for your super high me :d

founds it.. gonan watch this :D

thanks for the rec doomsday :D

27HNkZTNwr0

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Did you of all people just post a study from the main stream media because it fits in with your own lifestyle choices or confirmation bias? Lmao at being a walking babbling contradiction.

the study was conducted by scientists,

the sun story covers a driver who killed somone while driving 'stoned'

please click the links before you assume.

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
In America they have medical marijuana depositories but they still get raided by federal authorities , what a fucking joke!

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Not point, already new who did the study
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/8/5/1280966318821/Rupert-Murdoch-007.jpg
Derp

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
do you smoke ganja Robbie ?

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes
But not daily

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 03:05 PM

repped for your hatred of me.

you do yourself a dis service.

cos if you had clicked the link (and not let your emotions take over) you would have seen the sun story from mainstream media. was not backing up my case. infact it was doing the opposite. in supporting the ban on cannabis... and giving lengthy sentences to those who smoke and drive.. while the STUDY showed the opposite.

but hey.. im the walking contradiction when your the one who knows of the ills of your govt, but still couldnt be assed to protest..

well played bro

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:08 PM
For someone who sure is critical about where other people get their information, you definitely can put an amazing spin on things when boxed in a corner lol

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:18 PM
repped for your hatred of me.

but hey.. im the walking contradiction when your the one who knows of the ills of your govt, but still couldnt be assed to protest..

well played bro

Im sorry, but im actually aware protesting usually accomplishes literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

People who take actionable measures and form their own political parties or grass root uprisings get shit done.

Sitting in a tent on another mans property and cooking lice in a skillet why immortal technique blasts from your capitalist powered smart phone only makes internet revolutionary dicks hard.

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:23 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2x2zktOd91qaq0m0o1_400.jpg

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Robbie do you like Karl Pilkington?

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Im sorry, but im actually aware protesting usually accomplishes literally nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Do you vote? how did that come about?

do you see black people on buses? and in the same stores as you... how did that come about??

do you see women on almost equal pay and stature in society.. how did that come about??

People who take actionable measures and form their own political parties or grass root uprisings get shit done.

and those who vote in the superficial event called elections.
are achieving what exactly?

especially when they know the president doesnt make any decisions, thats left to super congress, the private bankers and the super multi nationals

Sitting in a tent on another mans property and cooking lice in a skillet why immortal technique blasts from your capitalist powered smart phone only makes internet revolutionary dicks hard.

who mentioned occupy.. protesting doesnt mean occupy.

thats the thing tho. i dont haz a smart phone. i dont even have adecent pc. let alone any other tech gadgets from after 2005

so your point is invalid if it is addressed at me

amazing spin?
nah its facts if u click the sun link, its a story on a man who ran over and killed a girl whist on cannabis

but thats what im saying your emotional hatred of me is so much, you ignore the link and still retort on fallacys.

when your thinking is clouded by emotions, you just make yourself look worse than i ever could

Peace & Eternal Blessings to you my brother,

food for thought
05-15-2012, 03:36 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113274

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
Have any of you fuckers ever tried a vapouriser?

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:40 PM
I should correct myself. Civil Rights / Womens Rights protest made some headway.

College students in scarves and fawkes mask protesting = trendy past time.

food for thought
05-15-2012, 03:41 PM
@doomsgay
yea faggit and learn how to spell.

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Have any of you fuckers ever tried a vapouriser?

@doomsgay

I'm still on the rocks about colour vs. color

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 03:50 PM
@doomsgay

You smoke the backyard boogie bitch

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
I should correct myself. Civil Rights / Womens Rights protest made some headway.

I'm glad you had the wisdom to correct your earlier statement

College students in scarves and fawkes mask protesting = trendy past time.

Your outside looking in, not taking part, or shaping teh future that you and your children will be living in, do you think voting for a selected official to control the nation and its resources is the wisest way to continue,.

the youth are the most intelligent youth for a long time, they are aware of their equity in life is being stripped away, everyone doesnt wear masks, and it is not a pass time, let alone trendy ( you contradict yourself boy, 1st you say occupiers are basically tramps, then you say that anon wearing protesters think of themselves as trendy.. lol ) go speak to anons in real life, they all love humanity, they love other humans.. caring for others comes 1st, but you wouldn't know that.. and im sure you wont believe it off me, Everything anonymous do by consensus is for the future, that we have the power to control and run our own resources..

anything would be alot fairer and just system than what we currencly call civilization

do you see the difference???

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407226_280954748626450_176890359032890_716364_9858 70730_n.jpg

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm still on the rocks about colour vs. color

teh funniest shit i got from the states was

LEISURE and PLEASURE

y'all say it like you on some sexual pleasure tip

its leisure like ledger, not LEEEEESUURRRRRRR

lol i recall my ex;s mom saying it lhahahahahahahaaaa

food for thought
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
You smoke the backyard boogie bitch

http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/funny-obama-face.jpg
[/IMG]

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Bicsuits and Gravy

Doomsday/2078
05-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol , sour diesel is popular over there i see, sick buds though Amsterdam style.

EAGLE EYE
05-15-2012, 04:14 PM
do you see the difference???

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407226_280954748626450_176890359032890_716364_9858 70730_n.jpg

I would bang her and that gremlin at the same time

Soul Controller
05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
yes finally! rob made me laugh :D

woooohoooo

thankies!